If you could switch class?

Options
ChiChiChia - Dreamweaver
ChiChiChia - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Blademaster
I have always loved my BM but after many of the updates, BM's have got short changed to say the least... We are in need of some loving as a class, but since we all know pwi will not give us a hug, which class would you switch to if given the opportunity to take your gear right now, that you have worked hard for, and switch it to another class? Personally, I would like to switch to a veno. Veno has great squad support, with some range, which is so important now with all the attack lvl and NW changes.
Post edited by ChiChiChia - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ummm, i would get r9 3rd cast gear for pulls, and get -int on my damn r8r boots for aps stuff.

I will not switch from bm, my bm still rocks the pwi world. Pvp, not an issue for me, people will always one shot others, question is how much coin/money is one willing to spend for that not to happen.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Um thougth about it and nope cant do it ..Bm born, Bm raised and will Bm til i finally quit this game. recently got r9 after so many years now working for the recast. For me with all the new morai skills ..my Bm feels alot better to work with hell Bms can do all kinda stuff but stealth lol.

I dont want to switch cause i feel like i let all my work go to waste. I remember back when TT90 was it and Bms use to be so fun with axes, then the struggle with aps well for me i feeling that axe swinging fun again.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Archer
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Barb -They've been getting slathered with dev love.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Barb would be nice since that's the closest I can get to for being annoying.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    VENO or MYSTIC. Cause they r op at offense and defense ie support. If only we would have foreseen purify spell...
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited June 2013
    Options
    >purify
    >relevant to wrs
    use blade hurl you hippies

our class is the most game-changing one, everything about us effects the playing field. we have the most stuns, we have an aoe disarm, we tank like gods and we have ****ing dragons. not many classes can say they throw dragons around for funzies. morai(and the changes to leaps) was everything this class needed, and we benefited far more than anyone else. to say we got the "short-end of the stick" is to not understand this games mechanics at all.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    >purify
    >relevant to wrs

our class is the most game-changing one, everything about us effects the playing field. we have the most stuns, we have an aoe disarm, we tank like gods and we have ****ing dragons. not many classes can say they throw dragons around for funzies. morai(and the changes to leaps) was everything this class needed, and we benefited far more than anyone else. to say we got the "short-end of the stick" is to not understand this games mechanics at all.

Re Stuns: Venos have Parasitic Nova, Lucky Scarab, Pounce, Boo, Stunning Blow. (5)

Re aoe disarm: Veno has aoe purge - better than disarm?

Re: tank like gods: BM is lucky if it can hold aggro against most other classes aoe or 1-1. It also sacrifices mdef for pdef and vice versa. Seeker, Archer, and Mystic are more suitable tanks.

I prefer my BM to my wiz, but it ain't all that.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • prof
    edited June 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Re Stuns: Venos have Parasitic Nova, Lucky Scarab, Pounce, Boo, Stunning Blow. (5)
    nova isn't a stun, but i guess you could consider it one. warriors have 6 stuns: aeolian, roar, drake, meteor rush, myriad and flame tsunami. warriors also have a tele-to paralyze, a reel-in and a seal.
    Re aoe disarm: Veno has aoe purge - better than disarm?
    purge doesn't do **** against purify, disarm removes their weapon and completely removes the ability for purify to proc. although i haven't tested it, i think you can also cast it on wbs in tiger form and either disable their skills, or force them to transform back(?)
    Re: tank like gods: BM is lucky if it can hold aggro against most other classes aoe or 1-1. It also sacrifices mdef for pdef and vice versa. Seeker, Archer, and Mystic are more suitable tanks.
    being the class with the most defense and second-highest health doesn't necessarily mean you have full aggro 24/7. the problem of "sacrificing defense" is solved by being dark, rather than holy. also, archer is a suitable tank? squishiest class(?) in the game? b:shocked mystics only tank through speedy heals, they also have terrible defense
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Re: tank like gods: BM is lucky if it can hold aggro against most other classes aoe or 1-1. It also sacrifices mdef for pdef and vice versa. Seeker, Archer, and Mystic are more suitable tanks..

Any decent g16 weapon +10 5 aps, bm will hold agro on bosses. R9+12 archers using a bow will have a hard time taking agro from you.

R9 3rd cast creates some issues in holding agro, but once your squad has r9 3rd cast people, bosses rarely every survive past 2~5 seconds. Unless people time things horribly, which happens because of archers mostly b:chuckle.

Most people who play a bm and love their bm use things that prof pointed out. There was one time i remember i met up with saku in the same nation, we took down a r9 3rd cast caster, he was on axes i used claws, i did the hf and debuffing for most part. NW is not about 1 vs 1, it is about team work.

I was not aware purge became aoe, i thought purge was a single target skill.
  • prof
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I was not aware purge became aoe, i thought purge was a single target skill.

holy purge becomes a 5 meter aoe, which has very limited use outside of defense in tw, but for some it's a culti-changing decision.
  • ChiChiChia - Dreamweaver
    ChiChiChia - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    >purify
    >relevant to wrs

1st point:
    Purify>>>HF when talking about a fully buffed character. With limited buffs HF is better though.
    2nd point:
    Yes, we are relevant to wars, but only if well geared. If you don’t have R9rr and walk in on a group with all the attack lvls in the game, your dragons and AOE stun will not see the light of day, unless you use apo or AD to get in. And this is where someone will come in and say, “Well I am only G16 and +5 and killed a R9rr.” To that I say, Well done you killed a small child who does not know how to play their character. You should be ashamed of yourself, killing little kids who used mom and dad’s credit card.
    3rd point:
    You are right about blade hurl, except hippies are more likely to hurl rainbows and sunshine.

Onto the paragraph… Our class can definitely be game changing with all the skills you listed, but only if you can get up to the other squads, which is very difficult if you are fighting people who know what they are doing. I will give you an example of what I deal with every TW against Dynasty, which is a very well coordinated faction in TW. First I run in with Will of the Bodestiva (or however that is spelled) to escape the stuns and sleeps, but on my way I will be either purged by the 3-6 R9rr archers shooting at me from ungodly distances away or venos. If I am not purged I have to deal with a secondary problem of all the demon taunts which drain my chi to less the 1 spark. (Oh and the seals from wizzies are very annoying and makes me use AD on genie to avoid it right before I channel a skill.) So with my less than 1 spark what am I going to do with the most chi dependant class in the game. That’s right, I can Blade hurl or AOE stun… But wait, people are not trees stuck in the ground… They will spread out. So my 3 wonderful sparks have netted me a stun or deweaponing of 2-3 people and a death for me. I know what what other people will say now, “Use IG or sutras to get up there.” Yes that is a good idea, but remember that for us to “game change” we need sparks, so my apo is always on cooldown after using white tea.

So before accusing someone of not knowing the mechanics of the game, you may want to reanalyze the difference between game mechanics and knowing skills. Yes you have identified a BM’s skills, but do you not remember how chi dependent they are, as well as the limited ranged our morai jump and pull have.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    At first thought, I thought my answer would be seeker, but really after thinking about it, and despite how much I agree with chia... (one of the better bm's on server/better geared) I know I would regret it too much ESPECIALLY if they did something to boost the strength... or more preferred (by me) the defense... of the bm class.

I too have noticed how eager everyone (or just about everyone) is to jump on the 'bandwagon,' of "you must not KNOW how to play if your getting owned left and right" I for one find that kind of thinking asinine no matter what class/person your talking about, but even more so for the bms.

Thank you chia, for realizing that a bm without insanely epic gear isn't going to 'tear' up the place, let alone survive worth a damn, regardless of how well it's played.

As I have mentioned numerous times, the bm class is the most disadvantage class in game. (I seen first hand what the exact same gear does for the other 2 true ha classes, and only the bm has me raging so badly after each nw, that it makes me question why I even choose the class in the first place back in 2009... when I started playing this game. Yes there is apo as chia mentioned, but that can only get you so far, but it so doesn't get you very far if you don't have the gear to withstand a few hits... as he said as well, we're a chi heavy class, and once we get drained of that we have very little options to stun anyone, or use our harder hitting skills... though yes it is true every class without chi, is pretty much defenseless, still the likelihood of a caster whether they are 20 vs 1, 5 vs 1, 5 vs 5 or even 10 vs 3 being chi drained as easily/as much as a bm is extremely slim. The bm class is the only class without any REAL defense that keeps it alive for a small amount of time with what it has to contend with. (Barbs have their shields, Seekers their def lvl/ranged attacks, Sins their numerous skills that allow them to be missed/survive a one shot... and as for all the other class including veno's have the option to attack someone without an extreme risk of being ganked practically every single time they attack... but as for bm's... they may have their marrows/reel in/blade hurl, leaps etc, but none are a damn near sure fire way of getting to anyone... in order to do that you need awesome gear on a bm/be armed to the teeth with apo/other 'tricks' to even try to attack someone.)

--- Yes that is indeed pretty much what I have said elsewhere, but really, its no less true today as it was then, albeit it was only like 2 weeks ago... ish... still though, I do indeed love my bm. Ergo I essentially wouldn't abandon it, I didn't when I realized how shafted they were, and I still refuse to do that; however, I still would indeed love to see a change for them that makes it easier for them to potentially be relevant. (still despite my love for it, if the game was still as active as it once was, I wouldn't recommend the bm class to ANYONE... regardless if I wanted them to play this game or not.)---
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    As an undergeared bm, i always had the issue of dying often in my cata squad. My main task was to set up hf if possible and die. Other aoe dd would take care of the rest.

That being said, the people who are one shotting the others are higher geared people, if people play with only let's say g16 armour, weapons, the gap won't be as big.

That still does not mean i will give up on my bm b:cute.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It really depends on if you meant switching class at what exact point.

For me the no-brainer response would be my BM would have been switched to a barb from the very beginnning.

This is because even in '08 my BM was gearing towards both fist and axe, something a barb could do as well. Also the barb with their health buff could have soloed much earlier than my BM due to being able to choose which buffs to use and when. Though it wouldn't have matted if I had known I would end up buying multiple comps to have my main BM and cleric on separate accounts, the use of a barb would have made it not as necessary.

As such I could have been solo farming ADS when they were still 30 mil instead of only 20 mil, could have done earlier TTs and always demanded best drops for no good reason, could have mocked all the dipwit axe BMs of the time who mocked fists while tanking with fists, and never had to worry about groups questioning if I could tank what I said I could tank.

It is for these reasons alone I likely would have switched.