Your Genie Setup

Options
Dylena - Raging Tide
Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Archer
I was wondering what everyone's genie looks like both PVP and PVE or if you use the same for both. I've noticed so many archers witched out their genies to build them for faith was wondering if it was all servers across doing that.

Mine are mainly built for speed of regen and high vit for multiple uses.

Main Genie (For PK/TW)

PVE Genie (TT and PV100 mainly)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Dylena - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    My pve genie is a vit;84 magic;100 genie with expel, earthquake(lvl1), holy path, tangling mire, chi siphon and windshield on. I use this mainly for PV pulls and bh's.

My pvp genie is dex 100, vit 35 and mag 64 with windshield(lvl1), badge of courage, remove paralysis, soul of fire, AD and heart of steel.
    I used to have a vit magic genie with belief but I found that my survivability was a bit better with the dex genie that I switched from to the belief genie, (perhaps because I wasn't used to using a belief genie, since I didn't have it long and was better used to the dex genie)

I've been considering getting a vit magic genie a bit like your one just to try it out again since I'm a little tanker now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Enemy - Raging Tide
    Enemy - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    My pvp genie has:

lvl 10 Cauterize - for anti veno hax pheonix bleed
    lvl 10 Spark - an awesome fire debuff to use along with blazing arrow!
    lvl 10 Bramble Rage - we lack superior fire power which can be made up by bramble rage
    lvl 10 Occult Ice - good CC when I surprise them with 5aps claw attack!

b:cute
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    This is my PvP genie. I know, it sucks. For PvE, I just use the same one that my sin uses. There's nothing worth noting about it.

Honestly, I cannot remember how much mag/vit it has, and I cannot check right now, but it's fairly high.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    _Mictian_ - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This is my PvP genie. I know, it sucks. For PvE, I just use the same one that my sin uses. There's nothing worth noting about it.

Honestly, I cannot remember how much mag/vit it has, and I cannot check right now, but it's fairly high.

why remove paralysis when you can leap >-<

if you are not lvl 105 this is the best choice imo http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=1c1d2730363f53&lev=102&lp=83&cls=1

80 dex 70ish vit 50ish mag

i could recommend this as a solid option once you are lvl 105 http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=1c1d273036535b&lev=105&lp=83&cls=1
    on a full vit-mag genie (90-100 vit rest mag)
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Can't quite remember the affinity or the stats of mine but I know it's 77/100.
    Lvl 1 Cloud Eruption.
    Lvl 10 Holy Path.
    Lvl 10 Absolute Domain.
    Lvl 10 Expel.
    Lvl 10 Extreme Poison.
    Lvl 10 Tree of Protection. (Thinking of swapping out for something else)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    why remove paralysis when you can leap >-<

if you are not lvl 105 this is the best choice imo http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=1c1d2730363f53&lev=102&lp=83&cls=1

80 dex 70ish vit 50ish mag

i could recommend this as a solid option once you are lvl 105 http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=1c1d273036535b&lev=105&lp=83&cls=1
    on a full vit-mag genie (90-100 vit rest mag)

Because that archer doesn't have leaps yet and I cba doing all of the influence quests again. It's not like that skill is stuck there forever.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    No one uses Frenzy on their pvp genies? Its like the best skill.

Mine was dual use iirc, skills are all 10:

77/100 ~ I think.

I think it has like 188 energy. All Mag and Vit.

Holy Path
    Frenzy
    EP
    AD
    Expel
    and the last skill was cycled around, I don't think I ever settled on one thing. Tried Stunning Blast but never used it much. Same with ToP. Used Mire sometimes for more AoE damage amping.

Never ended up trying Cloud Eruption. Sageness kinda makes chi overflow.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    No one uses Frenzy on their pvp genies? Its like the best skill.

Mine was dual use iirc, skills are all 10:

77/100 ~ I think.

I think it has like 188 energy. All Mag and Vit.

Holy Path
    Frenzy
    EP
    AD
    Expel
    and the last skill was cycled around, I don't think I ever settled on one thing. Tried Stunning Blast but never used it much. Same with ToP. Used Mire sometimes for more AoE damage amping.

Never ended up trying Cloud Eruption. Sageness kinda makes chi overflow.

imo the only scenario when frenzy could be viable is fortify ig barrage frenzy
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options

Wings of Grace (or Alacrity) works just fine with an IG as well.

Frenzy is also fun with expel and sage boa.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

• _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Wings of Grace (or Alacrity) works just fine with an IG as well.

Frenzy is also fun with expel and sage boa.

wog = 1 spark waste

frenzy+expel = u need a 200+ vit genie kinda also u can still get cced

but well yea thats the concept that's good just for major aoes in tws and well if you are r9r3 it's not even that effective... maybe mires for archer are better i guess
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    wog = 1 spark waste

It is never a waste of chi because it is such a good skill (15 sec antistun with 30% dmg reduc for 1 spark). Archers also have insane amounts of chi regen capabilities. If you are at full sparks and you use WoG that uses just 100 of your potential 798 chi (assuming you have awaken; 848 potential chi if sage). This is not even taking into account chi gain from using skills during combat. Nor does it factor the use of cloud eruption or chi pots (such as White Tea) to increase chi gain levels to even more ridiculous proportions.
    frenzy+expel = u need a 200+ vit genie kinda also u can still get cced

Expel lasts for 9 seconds. Frenzy lasts for 8 seconds. You normally channel BoA from max range. If you have even a decent mag/vit genie (I think mine had 60 or 65 mag you need maybe 175/180 energy; easily attainable with genie gears) then you will regen more than enough energy to cast both simultaneously.

You cannot be cc'd for 15 seconds if you use WoG first. This only leaves you open to magic damage (w/ 33% reduc if Sage). You can also cancel at anytime if your survival is in question and use Elven Alacrity/Leaps/Stealth to escape.
    maybe mires for archer are better i guess

Yes, I agree that this concept is admittedly better in group pvp scenarios such as NW or TW. However, Mire's short cast range and debuff type makes it more situational and less useful than one might think. If you could cast it from 40m or even 30m it could be arguably better. If it acted as a damage amp instead of a physical defense debuff that would help as well.

Frenzy is viable anytime you think you will not be attacked or targeted, but can still deal damage. This is possible because archers have so many ways to avoid damage while still dishing it out. This also makes it effective in single target situations (3 spark). Keep in mind you can still have a backup plan and are able to pop WoG/EA at anytime whether it is to run and fight another day or tank hits with an IG (as long as IG is not on cooldown ofc).

Hopefully you wish to reconsider this statement by now. b:thanks

Retired from PWI.

• Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    anything catched with frenzy on, without being ummune to dmg is a free kill. i'll not recommend using it at all, except for dd'ing PvE.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It is never a waste of chi because it is such a good skill (15 sec antistun with 30% dmg reduc for 1 spark). Archers also have insane amounts of chi regen capabilities. If you are at full sparks and you use WoG that uses just 100 of your potential 798 chi (assuming you have awaken; 848 potential chi if sage). This is not even taking into account chi gain from using skills during combat. Nor does it factor the use of cloud eruption or chi pots (such as White Tea) to increase chi gain levels to even more ridiculous proportions.

Expel lasts for 9 seconds. Frenzy lasts for 8 seconds. You normally channel BoA from max range. If you have even a decent mag/vit genie (I think mine had 60 or 65 mag you need maybe 175/180 energy; easily attainable with genie gears) then you will regen more than enough energy to cast both simultaneously.

You cannot be cc'd for 15 seconds if you use WoG first. This only leaves you open to magic damage (w/ 33% reduc if Sage). You can also cancel at anytime if your survival is in question and use Elven Alacrity/Leaps/Stealth to escape.

Yes, I agree that this concept is admittedly better in group pvp scenarios such as NW or TW. However, Mire's short cast range and debuff type makes it more situational and less useful than one might think. If you could cast it from 40m or even 30m it could be arguably better. If it acted as a damage amp instead of a physical defense debuff that would help as well.

Frenzy is viable anytime you think you will not be attacked or targeted, but can still deal damage. This is possible because archers have so many ways to avoid damage while still dishing it out. This also makes it effective in single target situations (3 spark). Keep in mind you can still have a backup plan and are able to pop WoG/EA at anytime whether it is to run and fight another day or tank hits with an IG (as long as IG is not on cooldown ofc).

Hopefully you wish to reconsider this statement by now. b:thanks

since you are going to be immune to everything for the next 12 seconds using ig, why waste 1 spark on wog? in those 12 seconds if you used fortify you will also recover great portion of the genie energy you've spent.

expel + frenzy? yea then a bm or an archer or a psy or a wizard or a myst or a seeker or a sin with condensed thorn use any stun and then you are CCed and with the frenzy debuff that zeros your resistances = free kill

wog+expel+frenzy+boa? good but still not as good as fortify ig boa -> chain ad or even better galvanic charge fortify ig boa ad

fortify+ig+boa+frenzy = viable

well i may agree on lack of range of mires but frenzy involve too many risks for my gameplay.... i'd rather save that skill slot and amount of genie chi for defensive purposes... so even in mass pvp im not using both mires either frenzy

i repeat, imo frenzy is viable only for ig+boa use -> tws
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I know I am a sin but this is what I use for both pve farming and pvp
    http://i.imgur.com/dpYu3db.jpg

expel + frenzy? yea then a bm or an archer or a psy or a wizard or a myst or a seeker or a sin with condensed thorn use any stun and then you are CCed and with the frenzy debuff that zeros your resistances = free kill

Frenzie does not zero you defenses, it lowers your defenses by 100% of gear value.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    since you are going to be immune to everything for the next 12 seconds using ig, why waste 1 spark on wog? in those 12 seconds if you used fortify you will also recover great portion of the genie energy you've spent.

wog+expel+frenzy+boa? good but still not as good as fortify ig boa -> chain ad or even better galvanic charge fortify ig boa ad

fortify+ig+boa+frenzy = viable

well i may agree on lack of range of mires but frenzy involve too many risks for my gameplay.... i'd rather save that skill slot and amount of genie chi for defensive purposes... so even in mass pvp im not using both mires either frenzy

i repeat, imo frenzy is viable only for ig+boa use -> tws

Except ig -> boa is only usable when apoth is available. If you're in a situation when your apoth is on cd or you don't want to have to blow it, WoG + BoA + Expel + Frenzy offers a viable alternative. The only thing that's going to drop BoA through that is dying from excessive magic damage.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Except ig -> boa is only usable when apoth is available. If you're in a situation when your apoth is on cd or you don't want to have to blow it, WoG + BoA + Expel + Frenzy offers a viable alternative. The only thing that's going to drop BoA through that is dying from excessive magic damage.

if a LA gets caught with frenzy on and CCed by any other class with its gg wp

trough expel u can get stunned by earth vector, mountain seize, stunning arrow, condensed thorn + headhunt, shadow teleport, bm roar?, voidstep and get hitted by ****ty seal of gods or parasitic novas or psy debuffs
    on archer its is close to useless imo :S well not useless maybe but you could get better "picks" like situational ad, sof and hos

so yea wog boa expel its not bad but well, barraging means you are targeting a group and if i am going on my own toward a group i would like to be 100% sure to do not get interrupted and cced
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

That combo is to risky imo. You're not just putting yourself at risk by going frenzy but you're also killing your escape root with genie and with it chi. BoA can be cancelled by many classes and since you're only in expel magic classes while chew through you like nothing with frenzy on.

Each time you try this you're killing 3 sparks and 200 genie energy which means you pretty much killed everything that can be used for survival for next couple min. You could have been better off either just waiting for a IG BoA or just WoG BoA without all the other extra add ons. If its a "must" BoA moment then you shouldn't need powerups, you're doing it to take down as many people as you can in short time before you kite away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Currently my genie for TW/NW is:

Infliction 81/100 lvl 102

Holy path lvl 10
    Absolute Domain lvl 10
    Cloud Eruption lvl 1
    Fortify lvl 10
    Will Surge lvl 10
    Frenzy lvl 10
    Extreme Poison lvl 10
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    NW genie

Holy path
    Fortify
    Soul of fire
    Will surge
    Heart of steel
    Belief

TW genie

Holy path
    Fortify
    Cloud eruption
    Will surge
    Heart of steel
    Absolute domain

PvE/PValley genie

Holy path
    Fortify
    Expel
    Absolute domain
    Cloud eruption
    Extreme posion

Now that I am used to using belief I will be upgrading my NW genie to a higher LP version and potentially include extreme poison/oxygen bubble not decided yet.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'll say oxygen bubble, Dark.
    If you need Extreme poison to kill a target it's almost always better to kite to a teammate for help, thats what i do. I'll get oxygen bubble myself once i get a 91+ lp descipline, might be a while tho. But after I went deity I take about 10-12% more dmg, so maybe I should try get it faster idk.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    My PvE Genie is a Gold Longevity that has some strange stat allocations (Made when genies were still new) that uses Holy Path, Tree of Protection, Cloud Eruption, Absolute Domain, And Stunning Blast.

My PvP Genie is a Gold Discipline that uses Faith, Holy Path, Tree of Protection, Tangling Mire, And Extreme Poison. I have to save up chi and use awaken whenever needed, but in pvp i just try to use it as sparingly as possible so faith can recharge. Holy Path and ToP are used for emergencies or when i have it equipped during PvE. Tangling and Extreme Poison are for damage tests, as I had two slots on genie which i really didnt have anything better to put on it. I have just enough Vit on it to have faith, then the rest stuffed in Mag. This allows genie to recharge a few seconds before the next faith (which has a 1 minute cooldown) is available. Faith is kinda the perfect defensive skill, at the cost of making it a once a minute use.

I also have a 71 LP Zeal that I gave stupid stats and skills too, but mainly use for fooling around. Bramble Rage b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwok_Jing - Sanctuary
    Gwok_Jing - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i use a 85/100 lp genie

str-5
    dex-5
    vit-100
    maq-85

skills
    holypath