Can Taoya be solo'd??

Options
2»

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You know, CapnK - that IS quite interesting. The Genie spell, Expel, does exactly that for any Caster. It's not the exact same thing - but it is the exact same principle.

Expel seals you while you don't take any damage.

Ofc it can be solod if you got the gears and the ping up for it. If not, just get a squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Expel seals you while you don't take any damage.

I see you are currently correct, Xainou. I had it as a low level, long ago. It would push a target through a wall, expeling him from the situation for a short period (felt like 3 seconds). You could still attack that target (dont know if Archers could attack it, but Caster's certainly could), but it couldnt fight you back while Expeled - at least not if it was a melee mob.

It seems it was changed a couple times between 2010 & 2012. Too bad they didnt rename it too. Its name doesnt seem to correlate with its current function like it used too.

I honestly thought it was, all-in-all, useless in PvE, and didnt keep it very long - but I dont PK either. There were more efficient genie spells in the long run.

Still, someone who wasn't aware of that change (simular to me) wouldn't think anything of trying a simular principle on a mob.

The only reason I wouldn't have taken as a serious suggestion to begin with, is because mobs have a way of healing themselves if I attack them from the Air and they are grounded; likewise, if I attack them from the ground and they are air born.

Sweetiebot, please give Xainou 1 point for bringing me up-to-date on a genie spell.

b:victory
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Sweetiebot, please give Xainou 1 point for bringing me up-to-date on a genie spell.
    Brillance - Raging Tide awards 1 point to Xainou - Sanctuary!
    Xainou - Sanctuary is now in 6th place for May 2013 with 1 point (41 points overall).
    Brillance - Raging Tide can still award another 29 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Even if you're able to solo Taoya, you're going to need help with the next step, as someone's going to have to lure the Prison Warden away while you talk to the prisoner in the cage.

You'll have to kill the Prison Warden and Savagian Commander Pao after that, but both are range-tankable and deal magic damage at range, unlike Taoya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    i solo all wid aps

rerol aps k
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Even if you're able to solo Taoya, you're going to need help with the next step, as someone's going to have to lure the Prison Warden away while you talk to the prisoner in the cage.

Send devil to attack a mob off in the distance- talk to npc while mobs are chasing it.
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    thought the title said "Can a Toyota be solo'd?" b:laugh
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    She mean use is as a tank, it's a Venomancer that wrote that, so she think like a Venomancer and think Mystic tank with summon pets like Venomancer do with pets.

Veno pets are not always better tank than veno, and mystic summons are not always better for dd. -It's situational.
    Mystic's summon pets are not made for tank, while Venomancer's pets (Hercules) are.

-Source? (Herc is bad tank btw)
    Devil don't have the defense of a Hercules and could not tank what a Hercules can tank, but what the Hercules cannot tank the Mystic can, that's the difference, if a Hercules cannot tank a boss then the Venomancer won't be able to solo it, while the Mystic will be able to tank it and use the summon pets as second DD or for survivability in the case of Salvation.

bs. Herc is 1-shot on many 5k hit bosses. Herc can't dmg at range, etc.
    For my Mystic's summon pets the stats are:

Devil:
    HP: 5299
    P.def: 6022
    M.def: 5843

Mistress:
    HP: 4657
    P.def: 4952
    M.def: 6378

Summon stats vary.
    Mystic's summon pets have a better HP, but the Venomancer's pets have a way better defenses, but if we check my mystic HP/defenses:

Mystic (I'm 102) self buff:
    HP: 7423
    P.def: 9784
    M.def: 16372 wood/water, 10731 earth/fire/metal.

Mystic self buff, cleric, barb and bm's buffs:
    HP: 9447
    P.def: 15250
    M.def: 20175 wood/water, 14534 earth/fire/metal.

So as we can see the Hercules have better defenses then Devil, but the Mystic have better defenses then the Hercules. (Mystic also have better survivability due to our heals that have a fast CD and channeling)

Any class has better defenses than Herc, while some have less HP than Devil.
    So it would be ridiculous for a Mystic to try to tank a boss with Devil, when the Mystic itself have better defenses and survivability then a Hercules.

Who's mentioning tanking with devil? b:question
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    My Venomancer's pets:

Hercules (mine's lvl100) self buff:
    HP: 4585
    P.def: 9952
    M.def: 7961

Phoenix (again lvl100) self buff:
    HP: 3821
    P.def: 9952
    M.def: 11942

Those are unbuffed stats, the buffed stats don't show up on the pet stat sheet.

100 herc self-buffed stats:
    HP 4585
    PDef 24880 (base PDef * 2.5 with level 5 Strong)
    MDef 19902 (base MDef * 2.5 with level 5 Protect)

100 Phoenix self-buffed:
    HP 4967 (base HP * 1.3 with level 5 Blessing of the Pack)
    PDef 9952
    MDef 11942
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Those are unbuffed stats, the buffed stats don't show up on the pet stat sheet.

HP 4585

100 Phoenix self-buffed:
    HP 4967 (base HP * 1.3 with level 5 Blessing of the Pack)
    PDef 9952
    MDef 11942

When I wrote the stats of my herc/nix I logged in game buffed them and right click to check the stats, to be honest I didn't know it just show unbuffed stats cause I never tried to compare herc/nix unbuffed and buffed stats, since I always use them buffed I always buffed them then check the stats and assumed it was the buffed stats. (would be nice though that they change it so we can see the real stats buffed and unbuffed)

Thank for the info. =)
    thumbs wrote: »
    Veno pets are not always better tank than veno, and mystic summons are not always better for dd. -It's situational.

The point is not if veno can tank better or not then a herc. The point is that a veno using a pet as tank is a normal technique for them, but a mystic should not use that technique to solo a boss. (in my opinion)
    -Source? (Herc is bad tank btw)

It's my opinion and I do know a lot of mystics that do agree that devil should not be use as tank for soloing a boss. Before the sins arrive in game majority of people was making veno and buying herc to be able to solo TT using the herc as tank. I personally never heard someone that wanted to buy a herc 150m if it wasn't to use it to solo stuff and if the veno was better to tank than the herc why would they waste 150m to buy a herc?

If the devil was better then a herc for tanking then who in the world would make a veno and pay 150m for a herc when they could make a mystic and get the devil for free without the trouble of lvl him.

I don't say that herc is a better pet then the summon devil, I just say that in my opinion they are not made for the same thing, on my veno I use my herc to tank stuff, on my mystic I use my devil in PVP, I never use my herc in PVP as I don't use my devil as tank.
    Summon stats vary.

Everyone know that, it's why I said my mystic's summons stats.
    Any class has better defenses than Herc, while some have less HP than Devil.

And you think no one have better defenses than Devil?
    Why you think caster shard in garnet beside cit? Defenses>Hp, yes a minimum hp is important, but you could get 10k hp that won't help you to survive if you have 1k p.def/m.def.

Is there people with worse stats then Devil? Yes, people with **** gears can have worse stats then Devil, but to say that any class have better defense than herc is wrong.

Mayfly posted:

So base on the defenses stats Mayfly posted, I'm sorry, but not every class have better defenses then herc and actually unless OP end game gears and fully buffed not a lot of people have almost 25k p.def and almost 20k m.def.
    Who's mentioning tanking with devil? b:question

Mayfly pretty much insinuated that if a Devil cannot tank a boss then unless HA a mystic cannot solo it.
    Soloable with a herc, wouldn't try it with a devil. (The mythical heavy armor mystic might be able to solo.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    Marid - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    If something doesn't oneshot you, unless it does things like amp, stun, purge, etc (tao doesnt); then you can solo it.
    Worst-case scenario is you tank it yourself, spam healing, while storm mistress beats on it. When mistress takes aggro, you summon another.

It's long and arduous, but it works...
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

The point is not if veno can tank better or not then a herc. The point is that a veno using a pet as tank is a normal technique for them, but a mystic should not use that technique to solo a boss. (in my opinion)

You're right; it's opinion. Venos aren't good tanks but that's another argument.
    It's my opinion and I do know a lot of mystics that do agree that devil should not be use as tank for soloing a boss.

My example was to clarify that a mystic using a summons as a tank was likely more successful than a veno using a pet as a tank.
    Before the sins arrive in game majority of people was making veno and buying herc to be able to solo TT using the herc as tank. I personally never heard someone that wanted to buy a herc 150m if it wasn't to use it to solo stuff and if the veno was better to tank than the herc why would they waste 150m to buy a herc?

There are better uses for herc before and later.
    If the devil was better then a herc for tanking then who in the world would make a veno and pay 150m for a herc when they could make a mystic and get the devil for free without the trouble of lvl him.

People make veno for purge, amp, cuteness of pets, etc.
    I don't say that herc is a better pet then the summon devil, I just say that in my opinion they are not made for the same thing, on my veno I use my herc to tank stuff, on my mystic I use my devil in PVP, I never use my herc in PVP as I don't use my devil as tank.

Why bother me with your opinion? Please state fact.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »

Why bother me with your opinion? Please state fact.

You asked, you don't want my opinion? Then don't ask and don't quote me. I'm free to say my opinion and you are free to don't read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You asked, you don't want my opinion? Then don't ask and don't quote me. I'm free to say my opinion and you are free to don't read it.

Opinion is useless.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Opinion is useless.

-Source?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2013
    Options
    -Source?

Could a Mod change the name of this thread to:

How does your Veno pet stack up?

Thanks.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    How does one shadow someone on a forum, yet miss this request? *is confused*