750 dex

DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Archer
So in a few weeks I should be getting my emperor tome at last, which should put me at 688 dex. Tantalisingly close to 750 which for dex or str is the next damage multiplier.

Either way I'm looking at alot of engraving but to help with this I could switch out my g15 hat and cape for the G16 hat and cape (hat has a max dex of 24/cape has a max dex of 24 plus str that can be restatted an extra 12) I'm thinking this the most economical way to go, and I dont mind sacrificing 5 att lvls for the multiplier plus the better HP refines.

Or I could engrave only, but I doubt I'll get triple dex on neck and double dex on both rings!

Does anyone have 750 dex and can comment on their experience in terms of damage output or is it really worthwhile going for it? Any numerical info too would be great! Thanks
DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
Post edited by DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    /overachiever

b:laugh
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Or am I misinterpreting?

I.e. in the damage calc 688/150 = 4.587 not just 4 so there isnt a big step up between 749- 750..
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or am I misinterpreting?

I.e. in the damage calc 688/150 = 4.587 not just 4 so there isnt a big step up between 749- 750..

I always thought so.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now i dunno bout a so called multiplier.. but i'm 752 dex and di not notice any dif between that and 74x.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now i dunno bout a so called multiplier.. but i'm 752 dex and di not notice any dif between that and 74x.

752 Dex thats insane man ! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
    edited June 2013
    Never mind I found all the answers I need and more by just looking at the PWI wiki article on damage! And yes the multiplier is rounded to 2 decimal places so there wouldnt be a big difference between 74x and 750.

And in answer to my initial question you get overall better damage output from a decent roll of the g16s compared with decent g15s

Unless I messed up the math its a 4% overall damage increase on a target with no defence lvls and an overall 3% increase on a target with 80 defense lvls. (Gaining 42 dex and losing 5 att lvls). The percentages are of the damage dealt to each target without the dex and with the att lvls..

Thanks for the responses regardless. b:surrender
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited June 2013
    Whilst we're on the topic. From that article one thing that someone could confirm please; being 102 do I get a damage dealt reduction of 10% hitting a 105 or this PvE only? I know in PvP theres a damage reduction of 75% regardless I mean on top of that..
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    there was very little damage difference between 805ish and ~790 magic for me.
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whilst we're on the topic. From that article one thing that someone could confirm please; being 102 do I get a damage dealt reduction of 10% hitting a 105 or this PvE only? I know in PvP theres a damage reduction of 75% regardless I mean on top of that..

Yes I believe it applies to PvP. Also, lvl 105 players will hit you harder. You need to get to 103 in order to avoid both of those setbacks. :D
    edited June 2013
    Yes I believe it applies to PvP. Also, lvl 105 players will hit you harder. You need to get to 103 in order to avoid both of those setbacks. :D

Thanks! QQ back to my PV cage then b:surrender
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    749 is also a ****ing atrocious number. I'd hit 750 just for aesthetics.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    749 is also a ****ing atrocious number. I'd hit 750 just for aesthetics.

i think that 749 is rather beautiful. 7 7^2

760 for 1 more crit or gtfo
    you only purge once #yopo