New Pet instance discussion

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a way to see what moods an evolved pet can have, without going through multiple reshape attempts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a way to see what moods an evolved pet can have, without going through multiple reshape attempts?

Yeah, there's an in-game list o-o It shows four pages of moods (for nix) and their skills. It's the 'Mood List' button on the pet interface.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Hn... I'm working on evolving a frogling, but I have to save up stars and level him so it's taking a while... if no one beats me to it, what format do you want for the mood research for the other rare pets; do you want a complete list of their possible moods?

I'd highly appreciate it if you could give me a full list of possible moods (just the names) the Frogling has after you manage to evolve it. Then I can update my speadsheet to include what moods the Frogling can have. In case there's a mood not in the speadsheet I'll ask for details on the skills b:thanks
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    I'd highly appreciate it if you could give me a full list of possible moods (just the names) the Frogling has after you manage to evolve it. Then I can update my speadsheet to include what moods the Frogling can have. In case there's a mood not in the speadsheet I'll ask for details on the skills b:thanks

'kay :3
    He's 70 right now and... well I'm hoping the patch will make it so the guards in the veno instance can be attacked out of PK mode so I can finish that faster for you OTL (well, I guess otherwise I'd just have to deal with the mode but it'd make me kind of nervous when doing dailies OTL)
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My evolved nix don't one shot the sly fox...

That's odd. o_o I observed my nix dealing ~14k dmg to the foxes, dino does 11k.

Also, that video helped lots. 500 credits :D Could have been more if I hadn't forgotten to switch modes once. lol

And err, I think the devs need to change the instance so you can directly activate the guards and imo giving credits to people who failed was nice for the first week so people get used to it. But honestly, getting stars for being afk and not even trying? Lame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Celestial Giant potential skills:

Chivalrous
    Fierce
    Valiant
    Brave
    Earnest
    Conservative
    Impetuous
    Naughty
    Mischievous
    Arrogant
    Egotistical
    Hopeful
    Confident
    Pompous
    Careless
    Naive
    Inflexible
    Daring
    Selfless
    Staunch
    Stalwart
    Bright
    Righteous
    Strict
    Ruthless
    Raving
    Indifferent
    Worrisome
    Cautious
    Cold

Spadetail Scorpion potential moods:

Tenacious
    Merciless
    Silent
    Cunning
    Serene
    Boisterous
    Upstanding
    Timid
    Despotic
    Acute
    Fiery
    Unyielding
    Tenacious
    Courageous
    Chivalrous
    Fierce
    Seasoned
    Eccentric
    Bright
    Righteous
    Strict
    Optimistic
    Cordial
    Ruthless
    Raving
    Impetuous
    Daring
    Staunch
    Conservative
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    @ Mayfly - thanks a bunch! I'll update later today b:thanks

EDIT: I'm going to need the skills for these moods;

Brave
    Mischievous
    Arrogant
    Egoistical
    Hopeful
    Confident
    Careless
    Naive
    Despotic
    Acute
    Fiery
    Cunning (there are two cunning moods apparently, need to know which one you got).
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My evolved nix don't one shot the sly fox...

@XKimiko nice video and GZ on the perfect run. =)

not even with flesh ream? maybe the attack level and magical attack of your veno are too low or the inherid stats of the pet suck balls...try to get a high refined g16 weapon from someone for the instance :)

btw: since i also didnt get the bewitched (squirrel) today, i assume the chances are as low as for pet skill scrolls. can anyone link a screenshot of the bewtitched book as soon as you get one, please? id like to know if it is tradeable ( f:money )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013

<snip>

I'll have to do that tonight if I remember.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    --welp. Kowlins are actually fire resistant now like it says they are in the message. OTL
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    That's good o.o
    I actually forgot to check if non PK mode works now, did anyone try it?
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    That's good o.o
    I actually forgot to check if non PK mode works now, did anyone try it?

Erm I still couldn't attack the guards with scarabs or anything if I targeted them, blue named, regardless of ctrl or whatever also held down OTL
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013

Erm I still couldn't attack the guards with scarabs or anything if I targeted them, blue named, regardless of ctrl or whatever also held down OTL

Aww :C guess we have to wait longer for that fix.
  • vroumm
    vroumm Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yay finally managed to get 1k b:victory

anyway, i think blue named ppl wont ever b able to atk the guards, since they made a godseye in front of those so bluenames can atk them as well; guess for doing it efficiently u have to go pk mode

BTW: the message saying phys/fire resistant IS NOT CORRECT still; its saying the right thing more often but it still fails for some waves, so make sure to double-check ur waves
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    --welp. Kowlins are actually fire resistant now like it says they are in the message. OTL

Really? Mine were still physical resistant when I did the instance a few minutes ago. f:stare That damned message made me fail. f:fume
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Hmm. I guess they didn't manage to get any fix done for the instance with this patch.

I'm very worried we might have to wait for a patch for PWCN for that...I hope not. I'm just not sure if our team here has enough tools (or access) to a fix for the instance.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Really? Mine were still physical resistant when I did the instance a few minutes ago. f:stare That damned message made me fail. f:fume

OTL they really should be renamed 'treacherous Kowlins'...
    (in refrence too

(And as for those lying lying kowlins - I think they should change the text to "A wave of treacherous kowlins is approaching. They say they're fire resistant, but they were grinning when they said it.")
    )
    BTW: the message saying phys/fire resistant IS NOT CORRECT still; its saying the right thing more often but it still fails for some waves, so make sure to double-check ur waves
    Bleh, so much for that... OTL
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vroumm wrote: »

The kowling immunity change, sometime they are fire immune sometime physical immune. I realized that by watching XKimiko video yesterday. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qVChw5rWgs)

In XKimiko video at wave 3 at 3:34 the kowlins are fire immune, wave 4 at 4:35 they are physical immune.

That probably explain why some people fail, they assume kowling are always fire immune while it change. (or assume they are always physical immune)

So really check the mobs and not the message to be sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013

Brave
    Mischievous
    Arrogant
    Egoistical
    Hopeful
    Confident
    Careless
    Naive
    Despotic
    Acute
    Fiery
    Cunning (there are two cunning moods apparently, need to know which one you got).
    Giant:
    Brave: Shocking Sky + Mind
    Mischievous: Shadow + Provoking
    Arrogant: Regeneration + Provoking
    Egotistical: Unyielding + Provoking
    Hopeful: Self-healing + Provoking
    Confident: Howl + Provoking
    Careless: Flash + Howl
    Naive: Shadow + Howl

Scorpion:
    Cunning: Break Blade + Ghost
    Despotic: Assassination + Ghost
    Acute: Sharp + Ghost
    Fiery: Craze + Ghost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a pretty good fail run from yesterday :)

started easy but in the end the turtle got me :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93P2NGxNCWQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Giant:
    Brave: Shocking Sky + Mind
    Mischievous: Shadow + Provoking
    Arrogant: Regeneration + Provoking
    Egotistical: Unyielding + Provoking
    Hopeful: Self-healing + Provoking
    Confident: Howl + Provoking
    Careless: Flash + Howl
    Naive: Shadow + Howl

Scorpion:
    Cunning: Break Blade + Ghost
    Despotic: Assassination + Ghost
    Acute: Sharp + Ghost
    Fiery: Craze + Ghost

Noted, thank you f:victory
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    It's ASCII graphics of a person down on hands and knees, head bowed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Veneir, what's OTL?...

Lol, at least I wasn't the only one out of the loop. I had to google it the other day, since every single post Ven made had OTL at least once in the text.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Pfffffahaha "OTL" discussions? x3!!
    It's not really a 'loop' I don't think; aside from people in Dynasty I haven't spoke to a single person who knew what it was... I picked it up from Thrivvy :3

I always explain it as 'someone dropping to the hands/knees in despair dramatically' and normally link the the DeviantArt otlplz page, but Venu did that, I guess. I used the 'Dx' smilie before, but I didn't like it very much (same for 'xD', I tentativeily used it, but then I switched to x-catface smilies with explanation points after them since I liked them better :3!!) so I 'kind of' replaced it with OTL-- but OTL has a few more uses than 'Dx' does so it's not always the same exact thing. I don't really see it as a 'smilie' though, even though it 'technically' is one...?

Sorry 'bout that guys :3
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    I remember I used to not understand what OTL meant but I was too embarassed to actually ask so I looked it up online.

A friend used to use it so much that I started doing the same. Ironically, we haven't talked for a couple of months as we were both busy and I stopped using OTL and orz ever since o.o

..ok D: back on topic people!
  • Arriioch - Dreamweaver
    Arriioch - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Didn't do too bad today got 398 points this time around .... I started half way on the guards first then moved a little closer or to where I thought I could reach them all .... going to need a genie with a ton of points in order to use Holy path to get to all the guards then back to switch them ......

At 398 points I got an extra 10 stars too btw ....... so instead of 27 like usual I got 37 ... b:victory
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    I remember I used to not understand what OTL meant but I was too embarassed to actually ask so I looked it up online.

A friend used to use it so much that I started doing the same. Ironically, we haven't talked for a couple of months as we were both busy and I stopped using OTL and orz ever since o.o

..ok D: back on topic people!

x3! Desdiiiii.
    Anyway....
    I leveled my frog from 80 to 100 today (don't ask I don't know either)
    and I feel really really bad for making you wait when talking about it, especially since it would take a while to get stars alone since they kinda helped level for a while so... so I am very heavily considering getting some cheinkun stones tomorrow so I can get the info for you in... three days maximum if I still suck at the instance and.... not almost a week. OTL ('cause I can't afford to get 90; that's really too much, yo~)

37 stars sounds nice :3 Kewl.