Solo grinding end game?

g0d0fd3ath
g0d0fd3ath Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Hello, its me again b:surrender

I've been playing an assassin and a cleric alternatively so far till around level 30ish.

However I've not really been able to solo any dungeons and was wondering since I don't usually party with people, which would be better? (I can solo world quests however - no problem.)

Is it possible ? If i were to make a class just to make money so I could then use that to gear up my cleric very well, which would it be?
Come and play Jade Dynasty with me!
In USA-East The Billows, my name is DeadIySin. My Inductor ID is 3670062X033805043008574Z3f4d22
Post edited by g0d0fd3ath on

Comments

• Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well my friend has a 105 sin and I use his a lot to solo thing's. At high lvl sin can solo a lot if you have decent gear and know what your doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes, sin is the solo farmer, cleric is not.

However build a solo farmer sin, you need quite some wealth actually. That is supposed to come from half a year of BH rewards and Cubes and stuff like that, so it wont really hurt that much to just make the character that seems most fun to play and then when you have the wealth to equip him start the farming sin.

Better yet, get them both to level 100 and have them both do BH and cube every day for the rewards.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seeing how pwi is "developing" won`t take long before all major farming instances will consist of anti aps bosses, thus making solo farming next to impossible, only thing that`s left is TT, they already killed SoT book farming and made Abba way much harder.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes, sin is the solo farmer, cleric is not.

/inb4 a r9+12 cleric says he can solo eveything and "forgets" to mentions that it takes him/her agesb:pleased
    Seeing how pwi is "developing" won`t take long before all major farming instances will consist of anti aps bosses, thus making solo farming next to impossible, only thing that`s left is TT, they already killed SoT book farming and made Abba way much harder.

and that's a good thing.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mystic is the answer. You can account stash all your gear between cleric and mystic.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hehe roll a sin twink for Blood Paint and level the true solo farmer of this game. APS Barb! With decent gears you can't just solo nearly any instance, no you can pull and AOE grind mobs as well with an ease. Played and skilled right Barbarians dominate this game in all aspects.

To give an example:

I charmless soloed TT3-3 Footprint boss (always get the spelling wrong, but you know the boss I'm sure) with only my HP Buff left due to this boss wiping my entire squad, well cept me^^. Now show me any kind of sin that could solo this boss under these circumstances, not to mention that I didn't even had BP.

OFC a fully maxed out sin with full+12 could do that with BP as well, but not without. That's because a barb got so many defensive skills like Tree of Prtection and Solid Shield from the genie which can also be accessed early in the game. Not to mention Invoke (lvl59) and Cornered Beast (lvl100).

Just let me tell you this. Being able to solo things ALWAYS brings the need for high refined and decent gears. Another aspect is that Barbs cost way less and are far more versatile then sins. Because a full +10 APS Barb is >>>> a full +10 Sin. The HP and Def adventage is just unreachable for the sins. Especially if you wanna run with a cleric twink. Even if the cleric dies you can gain some time with your Barb with the skills above mentioned until you rezzed the cleric (rez scroll) or even kill the boss/mob clericless.

AOE Grinding is also a great income in DQ points and money especially during x2 and that's where sins don't even come close to barbs in any case.

I suggest Barb and always will. I tried it with BMs and sins, I played every friggin class in this game to an extent. Barb owns the most in PvE (Demon! that's important!!!).

To be clear^^ Sins can surely dish out way more DMG then Barbs. But they are not even half as tanky as barbs are^^
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with Joe, the best class for solo pve is BM b:avoid
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I solo grind, solo everything, all the time. It gets boring after awhile.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got beaten to linking the zen charge page...damn. need to be faster
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well my friend has a 105 sin and I use his a lot to solo thing's.

f:hehe

You are publicly admitting that lol,
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    f:hehe

You are publicly admitting that lol,

We should send in a ticket b:thanks.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We should send in a ticket b:thanks.

Show me a single person who cannot log in a friend`s/acquaintance`s account/s. and doesn`t do it on a regular basis b:cute
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    <raises hand>

I have never logged in a friend's/acquaintances account, and refused when offered opportunities to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wizzy is the way to go, Best Solo pve and best Pvp endgame there is ....

Oh dear god wait dont take me srsly Im just kidding, guys tell him im kidding.
    b:beg
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    And in case the original poster now is kind of lost and wondering what this is all about:

With the right equipment, mellee characters can attack 5 times per second. With bloodpaint (lifesteal) this will keep them healed as well as do very fast damage. That is the basis of solo grinding end game. Barb, BM, SIN are mellee classes for this although i have seen archers do it as well. Dunno if they are any good though, i dont see them often.

If a sin, a BM or a barb is the better soloer is probably an endless discussion. And i would only listen to people who can honestly claim to have used both the characters they talk about in APS gear for themselves. It will end up being a matter of preferences anyway. I do very much like Joes post though since i am also on the barb camp. b:pleased
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    In the early and mid game, however, before melee characters get lots of interval gear, venomancer was and remains the best solo grinder (plus they aren't dependent on other classes' buffs). Early and mid game just don't last as long as they used to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    In the early and mid game, however, before melee characters get lots of interval gear, venomancer was and remains the best solo grinder (plus they aren't dependent on other classes' buffs). Early and mid game just don't last as long as they used to.

It actually does take a new Non-CS player quite a while to get the wealth needed for aps gear, many of the less fanatic ones actually never get to that point. So in the aspect of the veno being the solo class, that early game takes quite a while imo.

However, at that point you don't really farm anything that is worth the effort. What the poor veno can solo is limited and the speed at wich he does it is abysmal. In the end i dont imagine the venos solo farming making more coin per hour than any class at that level can do by harvesting herbs/mats/DQ points. And all those are already feel like a waste of time compared to the rewards you get from BH, Cube and NW, also things that every character can do.
  • g0d0fd3ath
    g0d0fd3ath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the input guys :) I'll be sure to try out all three classes. b:victory sin bm and barb.

Since i've started a sin, I'll take it to a point where I can get level 10 blood paint to buff myself later :)

Also, can skill spamming ones builds be as effective as 5 APS ?

Wizzy is the way to go, Best Solo pve and best Pvp endgame there is ....

Oh dear god wait dont take me srsly Im just kidding, guys tell him im kidding.
    b:beg

You had me wondering for a while if it was true b:shocked
    Come and play Jade Dynasty with me!
    In USA-East The Billows, my name is DeadIySin. My Inductor ID is 3670062X033805043008574Z3f4d22
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Show me a single person who cannot log in a friend`s/acquaintance`s account/s. and doesn`t do it on a regular basis b:cute

i must be antisocial b:shocked

g0d0fd3ath wrote: »
    Thanks for the input guys :) I'll be sure to try out all three classes. b:victory sin bm and barb.

well in a nutshell:
    <
    <
    more natural dps
    <
    <
    sin
    bm
    barb
    >
    >
    more natural defenses ---->---->
    g0d0fd3ath wrote: »
    Also, can skill spamming ones builds be as effective as 5 APS ?

for pve? no. ofc if you have a full r9rr+12 you could probably grap aggro from a hook and thorn sin but that's not really a comparison xD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Level 10 bloodpaint gives no better HP return than level 1, it just lasts longer. (Sage bloodpaint gives better HP returns, giving 3% instead of 2%.)

Skill spamming generally results in slower kills (and less bloodpaint heals) than fast hitting APS builds, but APS builds generally use lower level equipment (thus giving you lower defenses), since the highest level equipment doesn't have (or have as much, if it does have) -interval available.

@HrunsPanda: While it certainly doesn't pay as well as soloing TT on an 5.0 APS character, soloing card bosses (not all of them, true) and treasure map bosses (including most but not all map 5 bosses) brings a certain feeling of accomplishment. And while a herc is expensive, it's nowhere near as expensive as gearing up a farming BM, barb or assassin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm a bit late responding to this thread, but the best solo class depends on a few things. Now, I'm going to rule out cleric, wizzy, and psychic. Every class, including them can be played solo, but you're talking mainly dungeons.

Mage Type: Venomancer, bar none IS the best soloist of the mages. She can use her pets to tank for her. She's the most forgiving in stats and the most versatile in armor. Venos can use Heavy armor and be effective, Light Armor and be effective on Arcane armor, and....Be effective. They fox skills also grant a substantial increase in physical defense, and with their skill, Heal Pet plus a decent tank, they can solo grind. They're not the quickest, but they can get the job done.

Melee Types: I'm going to tell you Blademaster. They don't have the actual HP or Defense of Barbs, but they're a good off tank. Their marrow skills allow them to increase their physical or magical defenses respectively depending upon the circumstances. (I,e: See a physical mob...incfrease pdef and reduce magical defense as the mob is using on physical attacks....see a magical mob, increase mdef and reduce pdef as the mob is using only magical attacks.) This increases their survivability, and they still have a very large hp pool. They are THE MOST VERSATILE when it comes to weapons. They have a plethora of AOE's, and get them before Barbs also. They have many AOE damage reduction skills. This is useful when you want to AOE grind. They can also reach 5 aps. I don't typically talk about aps at this stage of the game, because that's something that's endgame. You won't be hitting 5 aps, 4 aps, 3.33 aps for A LONG time considering that you're only in your thirties, and Blademasters can last from beginning to middle to end game, and still be effective. They also have a better accuracy innate than Barbs do, and they also have a pdef buff accessed early game called golden bell.

Barbs: Also a good solo class. I ranked them below Blademasters due to accuracy issues, and lower damage. Later in the game, this class can rain down pain, but early game and middle game, they have several accuracy woes. With Tiger form skills, they can increase their defenses, and hp...plus their hp buff helps too. As the supreme undisputed tanks defensewise of this game, they can survive many battles that other classes struggle with, and they are one of the hardest to take down. (For example, when my barb was level 30, it survived blows from level 80's and 90's mobs. No way that it was going to beat them, and it was going to die if it stood there, or if I didn't chug potions, but the fact that it lived to tell about it is a testament to their defensive capabilities. They can get aps, but again, this is much later. Please note that you CANNOT use your skills while your claws (For aps) are equipped. You still need to have an up to date Axe/hammer. (Blademasters have actual fist skills, so they are skill versatile there, though they need up to date weapons too.)

Assasins: These are the heavy hitters of the melee classes of perfect world. They hit like a hot knife through butter. With their bp skill, they heal most melee classes that attack an enemy as bloodpaint heals 2% of the damage for each strike. (Sage heals 3%) They can stealth past enemies to focus directly on the boss which no other class can. Now heals their weakness. They're wearing light armor, and have no defense skills. Sins cannot perform optimally if you do not invest in their gear. Other classes won't either, but sins will be DEAD. They're aggro thieves, so if they can't take the damage, then they can't live. In solo plays, you don't need to worry about aggro. In squad play...you do.

Seeker: Good defense, good AOE's, incapable of aps, and small mana pool means that this class is a good off tank role, but not one that I would recommend going through it as a soloist only due to the fact that you'll run into mana issues a lot more common than the other classes. Don't sell them short though. They just need more mp than other classes and a charm can take care of this.

In my opinion, you're making a mistake by not running the dungeons with others at some points. Its your decision, but you require a LOT more money spent on gears and potions than group players. You also need a really specialized genie to get this done, and playing dungeons solo always, you never learn from other players and learn how to improve on certain aspects. Dungeons are NOT designed to be run solo. Those who are soloing them are either A. Very high leveled for that dungeon, ie. a 70's player running fb29...or B.) Very High geared: I.e. G16+10 armor and weapon assassin soloing BH100. This costs a LOT of coin, and it takes endgame levels to really be a legitimate solo runner, so unless you plan to charge money or farm A LOT, I wouldn't recommend aiming to solo the dungeons just yet. You don't really want to put down a lot of money in the early levels as that gear is easily replaced.

Remember that all classes can solo most world quests. Right now, you're in the area of what I like to call "The Proving Grounds" You'll soon run into some world quests that you cannot solo, and the dungeons will get harder also. What I would do is to find a few friends to duo or even trio, 4run with. (Preferably one of them is a cleric/mystic and another is a tank class if you're planning to go on your sin)...or a tank and some DD's if you plan to be on your cleric. This gives you a chance to learn your class, and see moreso what its going to take to Solo some of these guys.

Just some advice, and I hope that it helps. :D
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)