Using arc to download pwi

Options
Jaabg - Sanctuary
Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Quick question, anyone recently download pwi through arc? How long does it take, and what kind of connection did you use?

Is the torrent version still available for download? or is arc only download now for pwi? Due to inconsistent net speed it will take 17 hours to 52 hours, that is why i would prefer a torrent. Less hassle.
Post edited by Jaabg - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Torrent
    I guess they'll leave that for now as it is, and won't upgrade that beyond V699.
    But it works for now...

And it seems that the regular download (without using arc) has been replaced as well.
    Normally it was a zip file for V699, it's been changed to an executable that downloads all the files again (Pando media booster style).
  • SLITNOT - Heavens Tear
    SLITNOT - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Downloaded it using Arc yesterday adsl2 took 6 hours.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Thanks _dblazen_ for the links. I prefer torrents, speeds are stable and in event of shutdowns, i don't have to worry about restarting things. Arc i am not too keen on, never had good experiences with steam.

Thank you SLITNOT, my connection is slower, at 150kb cap it will take 12 hour 30 minutes. I can raise the speed to 500~700 kb, but i think my work place internet will stop working b:shocked.
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I had to install PWI on my new laptop. I came across this Arc Client and after sitting for about an hour or so and only having about 2% progress on PWI, I gave up on that idea. With my slow USB internet as it is, wasn't gonna happen. :)

Looked around and found both the direct download and torrent download. Direct download didn't work as Pando Media Booster gave me errors I could not fix, and the torrent would have taken...well, infinite time. Kudos to my USB internet again. :)

I ended up just grabbing the files from my old computer. Pan Gu help me if I didn't have them.

They really should have kept those other options up on the page rather than forcing players to install some other client before actually downloading the game. While it looks a bit nifty to have CORE and Forums etc in a convenient place...I'd rather it just be an optional add-on.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Arc is the most useless piece of **** I've ever seen.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Roxxi b:cute, depending on how i set up the net connections i might go for usb internet. We get about 9.3mbps on the usb net. The speed is about 4~5 mbps lan connection at times, mostly 2~3mbps. Still decent to set up shops, not play though.

It will take me another 5~24 hours to download the game. Depends if i get net at the place i am staying :D, hate to use so much download when people are on limited packages.

I agree Zanryu, that is why i was super happy about the torrent link, would have been super hard to live with arc.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    its really cant use old installer, even if i download arc first?
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I redownloaded PWI with Arc, cause my computer recently crashed and I lost all my stuff. It took about 2 hours, and really, I kind of like Arc. It needs some work and nurturing, but all I know is, it lets me log in without having to enter my long username and 15 digit number/symbol/lower/and caps alternating password. And I like getting to do lazy logins now! XD
  • wawd
    wawd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I used Arc to download the client but I had a strange problem :/... After it was done downloading and began the installing it just canceled everything and started the downloading again..Can anyone help me with that???
  • sniperpou
    sniperpou Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    it only took a 3 hours for me through Arc.
  • lune021
    lune021 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I just started using Arc to download PWI, it takes hours to finish.. I got disconnected and it resets all the downloads, I've been redownloading a lot and spent a lot of data plan because of it >.<

is there any alternative way for this?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Options
    lune021 wrote: »
    I just started using Arc to download PWI, it takes hours to finish.. I got disconnected and it resets all the downloads, I've been redownloading a lot and spent a lot of data plan because of it >.<

is there any alternative way for this?
    Yes. And I'll give you a hint. I posted it. It's even been quoted a few times. Hell, someone else has even posted it in this very thread already.

Your reading comprehension fails.

Look before you post and look like an idiot.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    its really cant use old installer, even if i download arc first?

You can use an old installer. It wont force you to download Arc.

I have no idea if downloading arc renders old installers useless.

If you have an old installer on your comp and don't wont arc, it's advisable to use the old installer, and just deal with patching it to the current client version.

I think Arc was meant as a PWE organizer. A catch-all if you will; for people who play their other MMOs besides PWI.
  • tinytim1up
    tinytim1up Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    arc does suck I tried it with my new windows 8 computer and I started to download it but then after I restarted my computer it said 0 percent and said error:( so I decided to do it a different way with the reg download I don't know why they had to make us get some ****ty new thing to be able to download it takes way to long and is *** don't use it.

b:thanksb:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
  • misswinged
    misswinged Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hi ppl. :)

I need some help. So I downloaded Arc, seemed like the easier way, BUT now that I have PW downloaded as well (took me only an hour) nothin' is freakin' workin' .. ! The pop-up while da game is supposed to load doesn't actually load. Errors are indicating an issue with patch or client >.>

Has anyone else had a problem like mine? I'd really appreciate some help. Ty!
  • Luffz - Raging Tide
    Luffz - Raging Tide Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Arc is kinda it took me 2 hour to download on new laptop and I downloaded 2 more pw games fast as well
    f:scared
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Downloaded it using Arc yesterday adsl2 took 6 hours.
    That seems about right.
    I had to do a complete factory recovery on my PC this weekend and reinstall six years of updates. I finally got around to installing PWI last night with arc. It took awahile to download arc, then it installed quickly. Took forever to download PWI through arc, then it took some time to install. Then there was a huge patch to install before I could play.

You don't have to have arc running to play. You just have to manually send short-cuts to your desktop from the PWI folders to start it up the the old way.

I wonder if it's safe to uninstall arc now...? b:shocked
  • RosSin - Raging Tide
    RosSin - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i need that torrent link i play from diferent pc and i have to instal every day and i need like 20 hours to instal with ark pls can we have on link to download via torrent? if i cant find i have to leave this game ...b:sad
  • zenzele
    zenzele Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I redownloaded PWI with Arc, cause my computer recently crashed and I lost all my stuff. It took about 2 hours, and really, I kind of like Arc. It needs some work and nurturing, but all I know is, it lets me log in without having to enter my long username and 15 digit number/symbol/lower/and caps alternating password. And I like getting to do lazy logins now! XD

Only took 2 hours for me. It was easy for me as well. Just a few clicks and it was done. b:victory
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Arc is the most useless piece of **** I've ever seen.

This post would have a tons of upvotes if it was possible b:laugh
  • Doomsoul_ - Raging Tide
    Doomsoul_ - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    wawd wrote: »
    I used Arc to download the client but I had a strange problem :/... After it was done downloading and began the installing it just canceled everything and started the downloading again..Can anyone help me with that???

DUDE YOU TOO Holy **** i am getting realling fissed off with arc
    and PWE hasnt replied to my ticket either.