New Pet instance discussion

Comments

• OldArcher - Heavens Tear
    OldArcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've had good luck killing sly foxes using a cactopod with skills off, set on halt along the sly foxes' path.

does the cactopod 1 shot it? b:shutup got my lvl 100 shoudu cub to hit one once and hardly did any dmg
    edited June 2013
    vroumm wrote: »
    ye i got that feeling too, sage venos got a huge advantage here (sadly im demon lol)
    made it to 900 overall credits twice so far, the last 100 u get when u manage to kill that fat dino boss ffs (ik that cos i killed ALL other shet)
    even tho i had all guards activated it didnt die, so like i said, i guess ur right with ur assumption here
    fear i gotta be faster, only 55% chan here atm
    + the fact that u cant stun it an freeze skills r only a chance to trigger kinda sux...lol

btw @bella:
    i think the sly foxes mainly spawn if u dont activate guards as soon as u got enough credits to do so;
    dont activate the 2nd guard for a bit and ull see theres several slies coming (thats at least the case for me)

900 points D: thats awesome >:O make a vid and post it on youtube then explaining what your doing b:cry I am sucking bad need some pointers and im not the only one out there with that prob
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    does the cactopod 1 shot it? b:shutup got my lvl 100 shoudu cub to hit one once and hardly did any dmg

No, it doesn't one-shot (neither does the much higher attack scorpion) but it gets several shots as it approaches and departs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just wanted to mention that if you disconnect while in the instance, when you re-log it'll teleport you out instead of keeping you in, and you'll lose your ability to do the instance/get your reward for the day therefore. OTL (at least if your ticket expired beforepaw, but even if you do still have the ticket I don't think the quest would re-appear at the Zoologist?)
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Finally I performed decently in this event. I got like 700 credits. I wasn't even close to killing the last boss btw, lol.

I wonder how can I kill the cactopoids? My attacks don't seem to work at all.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Finally I performed decently in this event. I got like 700 credits. I wasn't even close to killing the last boss btw, lol.

I wonder how can I kill the cactopoids? My attacks don't seem to work at all.

Supposed to soul degen them because they regenerate too much, let the guards kill it. Freezing it helps so try using Stunning blow/Frost Scarab (since you're demon).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vroumm wrote: »
    ye i got that feeling too, sage venos got a huge advantage here (sadly im demon lol)

thats funny because i said to someone thzat demon got a huge advantage here :P imagine you have to change the attack mode of all guards, attack the puffbird twice, purge a dino and kill 2 sly foxes at once...my sage veno could not run fast enough :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just wanted to mention that if you disconnect while in the instance, when you re-log it'll teleport you out instead of keeping you in, and you'll lose your ability to do the instance/get your reward for the day therefore. OTL (at least if your ticket expired beforepaw, but even if you do still have the ticket I don't think the quest would re-appear at the Zoologist?)

Ah yes... Another person I talked to had this happening as well... On the 1st day... So to be on the safe side, I make sure I do the "trade new Star for 10 old" before I even start... That way, even if I happen to dc, I'll at least got myself 9 Stars for that day... You never know what happens while you're afk after all... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
    edited June 2013
    well I think I'll start recording my horible failures and post em on youtube lol
    maybe someone can give me pointers.

going to try this http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/ Hypercam 2 HD video recorder.

since well noone else is posting videos of there success lol b:laugh
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    thats funny because i said to someone thzat demon got a huge advantage here :P imagine you have to change the attack mode of all guards, attack the puffbird twice, purge a dino and kill 2 sly foxes at once...my sage veno could not run fast enough :(

Demon venos are fast, but to be fast you need to be changing in and out of fox form. So, for this instance I added holy path to one of my genies so I can move quickly all around without waiting to be able to go out of fox form.

What advantage are sage venos supposed to have btw?

Another thing, do physical attacks work on the guards? If it was possible, sometimes I could use some fox form skill to activate guards.
  • NoirAquarius - Dreamweaver
    NoirAquarius - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lastly, is it just me or sometimes they say "Mobs (Fire Resistance) are coming" but the mobs that comes are phys immune. Happened twice to me now. Maybe I just get confuse from doing so much.

I've also had that happen several times even in the same run which makes it harder since i just changed the guards attacks and then the mobs are all saying resist when i just changed the mobs to what the announcement said. x.x it is really fun instance to do but alot of things to pay attention to at once.
    "Why blind them with Brilliance when you can baffle them with Bullsh*t"~

"Can't fight a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent." ;D
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    I've also had that happen several times even in the same run which makes it harder since i just changed the guards attacks and then the mobs are all saying resist when i just changed the mobs to what the announcement said. x.x it is really fun instance to do but alot of things to pay attention to at once.

Many texts were translated incorrectly, just ignore them all and click on the mob to check what kind they are actually.
    edited June 2013
    well I think I'll start recording my horible failures and post em on youtube lol
    maybe someone can give me pointers.

going to try this http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/ Hypercam 2 HD video recorder.

since well noone else is posting videos of there success lol b:laugh

I tried recording gameplay once using XFire's recording tool... But that wasn't really a big success... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Get close enough to a guard and see what effect it gives. If you're hit by a red glow it's on fire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Foxy_Meko - Lost City
    Foxy_Meko - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @;

If you click the guard they will have a buff/debuff icon. If they're attacking fire it will show a fire debuff icon. If they're on physical it will show a p.def buff

They better fix the text tonight, I just failed wave 2 because it said phys resistance mobs are coming, but they were fire resistance (Yes, I know, I can click to check).
    I just hate how you pretty much fail the whole thing when you make 1 mistake.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    @;

Yeah it is really, really hard to tell. I have constantily gone to attack a guard and it won't change stances, or will see that it's 'changed to physical' but it's still doing magic damage OTL
    That being said, yes there is a little icon that indicates which type they are which is much more trustworthy than the animations...
    I haven't been able to do it in a few days 'cause of dc'ing...~
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKimiko - Sanctuary
    XKimiko - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Recorded myself doing the instance with a perfect score of 1,000 f:cute
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qVChw5rWgs
    Dispatched in Mankind's darkest hour, we are knights of the blue flame!
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2013

terrible music but well done <3

i only reached 980 today, because my dinosaur decided to troll me and use flesh ream instead of the bone sickle skill (i was on the other side, changing towers and pet had to be resummoned), so the fox survived..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited June 2013

nice so wondering did you get a skillbook? lol
    so guess to kill sly foxes with ease need an Avatar of war herc nix or that other 1.

maybe an evolved pet of some kind lol

but I like your method of activating ones farther away from puffbird first.
    makes sense more time to react rather then go into a panic oh **** b:laugh

here is my failed attempt yesterday b:surrender feel free to laugh at me b:pleased
    recorded with
    Debut Video Capture Software
    and left clicks are red and right are blue or w/e lol
    Im in pk but I struggle xD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MnH49LwKb0
    edited June 2013
    I tried recording gameplay once using XFire's recording tool... But that wasn't really a big success... b:surrender

yeah I tried that one I mentioned and it didnt wanna work for me in game so tried a few others and found
    Debut Video Capture Software
    it has a gaming mode so it does not hog resources, but it recorded in HD but took forever to upload lol.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    but I like your method of activating ones farther away from puffbird first.
    makes sense more time to react rather then go into a panic oh **** b:laugh

same principle with tower defense games I guess, you start with towers near the spawn point, not the end XD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nice so wondering did you get a skillbook? lol
    so guess to kill sly foxes with ease need an Avatar of war herc nix or that other 1.

maybe an evolved pet of some kind lol

I actually did it with a 100 kowlin/nix b:surrender But yea, evolved pets oneshot the foxes easily lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited June 2013
    Today was the day~! I finally got enough Stars to evolve Boyce (I used the 1st 140 bonus shard to get Boyce to 100 and Lacie to 80)~! He even kinds looks like my old deceased beloved dog... I'm so happy right now... f:grin

Next is Lacie (flying pig)... Gotta get her to 100 and evolve her as well... Will take maybe a week or 2 if they let us keep getting Stars for failing... Looking forward to it already... f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Today was the day~! I finally got enough Stars to evolve Boyce (I used the 1st 140 bonus shard to get Boyce to 100 and Lacie to 80)~! He even kinds looks like my old deceased beloved dog... I'm so happy right now... f:grin

Next is Lacie (flying pig)... Gotta get her to 100 and evolve her as well... Will take maybe a week or 2 if they let us keep getting Stars for failing... Looking forward to it already... f:cute

Not a fan of dogs but that looks nice f:victory grats!

Edit: By the way, could you comment on the mood skills thread about the stats and mood skills you got? I'm trying to collect data on the moods of other evolve-able pets since I can't evolve all of them myself
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kyougu - Sanctuary
    Kyougu - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013

b:kiss My babycub so pro. Mommabear was so proud when you brought home such a good report card! Great job with the video. First perfect score (2ez b:cool) in new veno instance so you're going to get a billion views and it'll definitely rep our ~dojo~.

Make sure to say hi to your stepmum while you're on the forums. She's shy but she secretly likes it when you call her "mommy". b:cute
    edited June 2013

NICE a full grown dog xD
    im close to making pig evolved ill like a pic when I do for those that haven't seen it.
    maybe today if I get a perfect score lol
    doubt it though

Edit Bombed as usual lol
    edited June 2013
    Not a fan of dogs but that looks nice f:victory grats!

Edit: By the way, could you comment on the mood skills thread about the stats and mood skills you got? I'm trying to collect data on the moods of other evolve-able pets since I can't evolve all of them myself

Thank you~! f:thanks

And sure, I will post Boyce's Stats and Skills later today... f:victory
    NICE a full grown dog xD
    im close to making pig evolved ill like a pic when I do for those that haven't seen it.
    maybe today if I get a perfect score lol
    doubt it though

Edit Bombed as usual lol

Thanks~! And good luck... f:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I actually did it with a 100 kowlin/nix b:surrender But yea, evolved pets oneshot the foxes easily lol

My evolved nix don't one shot the sly fox...

@XKimiko nice video and GZ on the perfect run. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    My evolved nix don't one shot the sly fox...

@XKimiko nice video and GZ on the perfect run. =)

Same. I don't know what they're talking about. x3

I haven't watched it yet but I'm sure it'll be awesome to see D: Since it was a perfect thing I'm guessing ahead of time they were in PvP mode 'cause I can never manage to select the 'invisible mobs' to change things once there's a wave blabbering by them.

Hn... I'm working on evolving a frogling, but I have to save up stars and level him so it's taking a while... if no one beats me to it, what format do you want for the mood research for the other rare pets; do you want a complete list of their possible moods?