New Aba/SoT

Comments

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can complete the BH/FB with 6 tt 99 people if you have even a little sense of strategy. Rocks and Puppeteer are the hardest part.

For rocks... use heals, speed boosts and other protections you can get. Barbs should be fine without these.

Puppeteer... make a quick start at the boss to get his health down as low as possible. DDs should focus on puppets and barb should hold the boss. For caster type puppets kill the healer types first and keep them movement locked so they cant run away.

You might want to carry some apoth and charms with you, though, if you're going to do it in 6-man squad. Then again even old SOT boss used to be lil tricky for tt 99 barbs.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't understand what the issue is. If you know that originally 6 with decent gear was able to run it, and now you can squad 10, what's the problem? Add 4 more people to your squad. 10 people with decent gear can run this. Why would you still insist on running with 6, when it's not hard to add 4 more. How is it screwed up? They are trying to get people to squad instances like the old days, instead of being able to solo. This is a good thing, not a bad one. Your making it sound like squadding more than 6 is an issue. I actually hope they make WS and Lunar harder and make it so you can squad 10. That would make it challenging. With the OP gear out, you can already solo WS and Lunar. They also need to fix Nirvi and make it harder, add mobs, tougher bosses. I don't see a problem.

I suspect it's a camouflaged "QQ I can't solo it and bring all my alts for the bh"
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited June 2013
    and to save us all from the anxiety about what zuwaga will say, here's my immitation
    oMg u so sTupid, i use big words I know, read slow careful again my posts
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if a cleric can't get past the rocks I'd rather not have him/her in squad. how squishy can they be? our 3.5k cleric passed just fine... are they of the "-I cant DD on this tower, it's immune to metal. -eeerm plume shot? -that's metal lol" breed?

Thank you thanos <3 and for that part any cleric who actually knows how to play should know to ih herself 3 times before running through there >.> Even i do that cause i don't want my charm to tick.. so really.. its called using your brain and the good skills the game gave you.
    edited June 2013
    Thank you thanos <3 and for that part any cleric who actually knows how to play should know to ih herself 3 times before running through there >.> Even i do that cause i don't want my charm to tick.. so really.. its called using your brain and the good skills the game gave you.

wouldn't guardian light/WoP/Plume Shell work too? and you could also pop a pdef/mdef charm... not that many people know about those though xD
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you need the cultivation, in the worst case you can wait until you hit lvl100 and get yourself better gear. Your best bet at completing your cultivation is relying on your friends & faction anyway; that's not just for Seat/Aba but for TT3-x and Delta that are just as hard for someone who lacks gear. Running such things with random people is usually a bad idea.

When my good friends help me killing stuff that can one-shot aoe me like that (like doing FB 69 on lvl 69 on squishy characters), they usually also tell me to "stay the **** out off aoe range"... Maybe that would also be a good idea for those that need Hellfire for their Culti... I mean, in a 10-man squad... Even if there are 3 squishy ppl that are doing their Culti at the same time, the remaining 7 with better gear should be able to handle it for them... So if Hellfire really is a ***** to the 99's with low gear, they can just stay far enough not to get hit, and close enough to get the kill... Any good friends running with them would probably recommend the same... Having the squishies dying all the time will eventually cause more trouble for the squad then just having them stand pretty on a safe place after all... f:confused
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
    edited June 2013
    When my good friends help me killing stuff that can one-shot aoe me like that (like doing FB 69 on lvl 69 on squishy characters), they usually also tell me to "stay the **** out off aoe range"... Maybe that would also be a good idea for those that need Hellfire for their Culti... I mean, in a 10-man squad... Even if there are 3 squishy ppl that are doing their Culti at the same time, the remaining 7 with better gear should be able to handle it for them... So if Hellfire really is a ***** to the 99's with low gear, they can just stay far enough not to get hit, and close enough to get the kill... Any good friends running with them would probably recommend the same... Having the squishies dying all the time will eventually cause more trouble for the squad then just having them stand pretty on a safe place after all... f:confused

hehe like fb39 with our beloved midgetb:chuckle
    edited June 2013
    hehe like fb39 with our beloved midgetb:chuckle

Yup~! Good old times... f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As several people have implied, the problem is that people who were level 10 last week and level 100 today don't remember that there used to be challenges in this game and that many people find that entertaining.

If you don't like a challenge there are farming and dress-up games elsewhere on the web.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    As several people have implied, the problem is that people who were level 10 last week and level 100 today don't remember that there used to be challenges in this game and that many people find that entertaining.

If you don't like a challenge there are farming and dress-up games elsewhere on the web.

god forbid if we have something that requires some thing more than autopathing. what is that mario you're talking about anyway?b:shocked
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wouldn't guardian light/WoP/Plume Shell work too? and you could also pop a pdef/mdef charm... not that many people know about those though xD

Plume Shell and things like AD did not work for me against the rocks (used them to test).

That said, the rocks are stupidly easy if you just have a genie with holy path. Chain two holy paths, watch where you are going, stop in the middle safe zone to let genie recharge. I got hit once at most, and anyone who enters there for a quest should be able to take one hit.

It is a serious problem for people with lag issues, though. Can't say I know what to do to help them.

I have so far only run BH in these two instances. SoT BH is stupidly easy and I don't see why anyone could complain about it. You get to port right close so it really isn't any different from the old BH. The only problem I have with SoT is nobody can find that NPC you need for the veno quest chain and one sage quest.

Aba is more difficult to be sure, but can still be done with an average squad. I managed it with a 6 person squad (we were just trying it out) that was pretty average. And the 6th person was being multicliented and mostly just stood about. Sure, we wiped the first time, but then we strategized and passed the boss just fine. And after that boss you can teleport to BH boss so he's really the only problem.

I can see people having some difficulty now because it is still very new. But we heard all of this when we got the last Aba and SoT bosses too.... and over time, people figured out how to kill them, and now they are considered easy. It just takes time to learn and practice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited June 2013
    Plume Shell and things like AD did not work for me against the rocks (used them to test).

hmm hmmm. I'll test with charms since they'll activate upon hit. I tried a few times to test with psy will but can't get the timing to work.
  • Argenesis - Raging Tide
    Argenesis - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe it's just me but I found the new instances to be highly...underwhelming. It just takes more time now. Even my t2 Nirvy barb doesn't even have a charm tick. He just runs through like "Haters gonna hate" and it really isn't hard to get a t2 nirvy barb anymore.

My BM practically solo'd half of Abba and tanked all of SoT, but with r9 armor and a r8r defense level weapon, it's to be expected. But you get the point, they are both pretty easy...
    My avatar won't update, I'm not level 38, I swear. b:surrender

Finally 100, now using r8 to farm my t3.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did the new Aba with 8 other newbs (hadn't done it yet either) and our awesome cleric, who was our teacher.
    I didn't check everyone's gear, but no one was super under-geared or over-geared.
    I almost died on the boulders because I stopped in an awkward place, but everyone got through.
    I can understand why slower classes may not be so lucky there. I don't really think HP/speed pots should be -mandatory- just to get a BH done. Definitely can't stroll casually through.

We wiped once on Puppeteer, because the ad wasn't killed fast enough. 2nd time around though everyone got with the program and the whole thing went smoothly.

Once you reach the Puppeteer, there should be some kind of npc checkpoint there that's linked to an npc at the entrance, before the rocks, so if you die once you reached Puppeteer, you can port back without having to dodge again.

I haven't done Seat yet, but people are telling me it's not too bad.

Sure if people aren't on the same page, Seat/Aba might take much longer, and cause undue frustration, but that was kind of already the case with the old version if people were uncooperative on the bosses.

I'm not a fan of the update, I don't really go out of my way to do BHs much so it doesn't effect me greatly, but I don't think that gear has too much to do with the success or failure of most things. If in doubt, take 2 clerics, or 1 cleric and 1 mystic, no harm in it. Chance is good you'll get doubles, so don't refuse to take 2 just because you have 1 already. And always take 10 individuals, or as close to 10 as possible. No reason to limit to 6 just because that was the old way, and only makes it go faster.

I actually like the update for the fact that 10 people can now go, and I would like them to update that feature to all bhs, even if it means they "update" the dungeon mechanics. Means that some of the less invited classes will get a chance at a slot, and you might not have to wait 'forever' to get your bh done.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do wish they'd stop adding new mobs with no drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited June 2013
    I do wish they'd stop adding new mobs with no drops.

there is no such thing as too many DQ eh?b:chuckle
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did the new Aba on my R9RR psy and my decent geared archer.

I don't know what I'm doing differently than everybody else, but the rocks just never hit me. I run along the right wall as far as I can. When I ran in the middle, they did hit me (but purify proc sped up my travels).

As for the final boss, I do really think a good average-geared squad should have two clerics to be safe. If you have a pro tank to hold aggro on the boss and everybody else focuses on killing all of the adds, it's really not that hard.

And for FB99, it's way easier now in my opinion. Once you get past into old Aba, it's easy to port to bosses with no clearing required.

Anyway, with the cost of raptures and uncannies so low, there isn't much excuse for a level 100 player to not be able to farm G16 gear.
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
    edited June 2013
    I did the new Aba on my R9RR psy and my decent geared archer.

I don't know what I'm doing differently than everybody else, but the rocks just never hit me. I run along the right wall as far as I can. When I ran in the middle, they did hit me (but purify proc sped up my travels).

As for the final boss, I do really think a good average-geared squad should have two clerics to be safe. If you have a pro tank to hold aggro on the boss and everybody else focuses on killing all of the adds, it's really not that hard.

And for FB99, it's way easier now in my opinion. Once you get past into old Aba, it's easy to port to bosses with no clearing required.

Anyway, with the cost of raptures and uncannies so low, there isn't much excuse for a level 100 player to not be able to farm G16 gear.

I think that you can avoid the rocks by zig-zaging
    I like to have cleric+healer (in any case it's a squad of ten so there is plenty of room).
    well the main cost is tt99 (or lunar but that's even higher) which is quite a bit.
    edited June 2013
    well the main cost is tt99 (or lunar but that's even higher) which is quite a bit.

You already answered it for me... b:victory

I'm still working on the equip and weaps you can buy from Morai... But It'll take a while doing daily's, have to get lucky with BH rewards and save up a bit, and I need to get to lvl 101... It's just all going so slow~ Oh well... My friends don't really mind taking me anyway... At least I made sure all my 100 characters have at least 5k HP after all... f:meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    You already answered it for me... b:victory

I'm still working on the equip and weaps you can buy from Morai... But It'll take a while doing daily's, have to get lucky with BH rewards and save up a bit, and I need to get to lvl 101... It's just all going so slow~ Oh well... My friends don't really mind taking me anyway... At least I made sure all my 100 characters have at least 5k HP after all... f:meh

hey i'm psychic D:

hmmm not sure if morai is worth it, especially the weapon; isn't it around 20m? you can get pretty close to a g15 with that.
    edited June 2013
    hey i'm psychic D:

hmmm not sure if morai is worth it, especially the weapon; isn't it around 20m? you can get pretty close to a g15 with that.

Oh... Well equipment and stuff isn't really my specialty... In the games I normally play I just either buy from an equipment shop or use whatever I find in dungeons... Never really make use of any crafting options... So I wouldn't really know what to go for here either... Though my current equip does allow me to do the normal stuff as a DD... f:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    I bought a TT99 gold Pataka for 1.5m on my server and turned it into t2 Nirv with NW Raptures, it's reasonably cheap, so I'd say no to the morai weapon. Especially since slaying levels only work in a level range of +5 or -5 of your level, which means [?] bosses it has no effect on.

edited June 2013
    I bought a TT99 gold Pataka for 1.5m on my server and turned it into t2 Nirv with NW Raptures, it's reasonably cheap, so I'd say no to the morai weapon. Especially since slaying levels only work in a level range of +5 or -5 of your level, which means [?] bosses it has no effect on.

1,5m? That person must've forgotten a "0" or something... Lucky you... f:stare
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hey i'm psychic D:

You probably can, but Morai isn't too bad.
    My seeker has +5 Morai dual swords; I got them a long time before the g16/NW update. The armor isn't too bad either.
    If you're looking for a decent set of armor/weapon you don't need to farm NW or warsong for molds/badges for, Morai is not a bad option.
    edited June 2013
    1,5m? That person must've forgotten a "0" or something... Lucky you... f:stare

Shhh, don't let them find outb:chuckle

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Morai 101 weapon is 13 mill, with the armor pieces 4 or 6 mill, depending on the piece. And they are G15.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Morai 101 weapon is 13 mill, with the armor pieces 4 or 6 mill, depending on the piece. And they are G15.

grade is not everything, honestly its only sockets and a rough indicator, the g15 of morai is a lower refine bonus than the nirvana s1/s2 g15, also the morai weps start with extremely low attack ranges, about 40% less than nirvy s3, and refine for less
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grade is not everything, honestly its only sockets and a rough indicator, the g15 of morai is a lower refine bonus than the nirvana s1/s2 g15, also the morai weps start with extremely low attack ranges, about 40% less than nirvy s3, and refine for less

Everything point you made is countered by +60 slaying levels.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I have never heard of this. Can you link the source of this?
    edited June 2013
    I have never heard of this. Can you link the source of this?

Me neither... I thought that was only the case with the Morai Armor pieces... Not the Weapon... I never noticed any changes like that using the free Morai magic Sword... f:confused
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]