Soulspheres...

Musfel - Sanctuary
Musfel - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Suggestion Box
Any chance we will ever see a different weapon type for psychics?

I mean I really like this class, but the small sphere weapon is kind of not as much fun and maybe not as enjoying to look at (In my opinion) as other "full size" weapons. In addition other classes have secondary weapon choices such as claws, fists, swords, patakas, magic swords, wands, poleaxes, axes, even Assassin can use a bow, so why leave a poor Psy behind?

Or another idea: It could remain a sphere but maybe enhance it a little bit? Like make it a bit bigger, add a second sphere animation but instead of hovering over a character's hand it could for example hover above both shoulders and slightly increase in size.

This would allow the psychic to use hand gestures in a cool looking sequence with spheres performing their own little moves much like they do now when a skill is cast, but do so in a sync with said hand gestures.

When you think about it psychic is all about mind power right? I think implementing those hand gestures would give this character this feel of " bending/manipulating everything to his/her will."

Yes I do realize it would require a class overhaul and redesign of skill animations and adding additional sphere animations.

Any thoughts? Opinions?

Keep in mind it's just my opinion/idea nothing more :)
Post edited by Musfel - Sanctuary on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wielding a magic sword that's bigger and gayer than me is desirable?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Musfel - Sanctuary
    Musfel - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    Wielding a magic sword that's bigger and gayer than me is desirable?

I'm not saying I wanted to get the sphere to increase to that size. Notice I said a bit bigger...
    And I don't find magic swords or other types of weapons *** at all, other people playing those classes probably wouldn't appreciate you saying that either.

With all the buffs hovering around the character the sphere itself is even less significant. So slight increase in size and/or different placement of the weapon and hand gestures would look appealing ( to me at least).

Once again it's just my two cents.
  • McBern - Archosaur
    McBern - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maybe a psychic should have a dark aura thats surrounds to it, either wearing fash or not. maybe psy can bring a doll and a needle as his weapon :)

when psy gets angry it can cause thunderstorm and darken the sky in a particular area lol.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maybe psy can bring a doll and a needle as his weapon :)

Yes, that! >:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well yeah, psy weapons are small. not only it makes weapon fashion kinda pointless but it's also hard to see what someone in NW has. and less motivation to get that r9rr sphere... some special auras around them (like bm fists) would be nice. or auras in the ground around the char (think pentagrams and stuff like aoe cleric buffs)
    you only purge once #yopo