NEW matchless wings upgrade (video guide on second page)

DemansPsy - Lost City
DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Question, when you go to upgrade matchless Wings doing the new AEU chain quest, does it lose all refines/shards? Can you use chienkuns to save Refines/shards?
full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
Post edited by DemansPsy - Lost City on

Comments

• v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The actual upgrade occurs in a standard manufacturing interface, and the quest is for the necessary items to manufacture the upgrade.

So yes, you can still hold onto refines and shards with chienkuns.

- Val
  • Sifu_MohTofu - Sanctuary
    Sifu_MohTofu - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what are the stats on the new upgrade? does anyone know?
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Possibly this? I'm no translator, but I'm going to guess:
    +500 PRes
    +400 MRes
    +10 Vit
    Speed +0.2
    Reduce Physical Dmg +4%
    Def Lvl +2

Main diff is probably the MRes, +1 Def Lvl and higher refine bonus.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It sucks you need cheinkens to keep the shards and refines. Looks like I'm not upgrading. I have 4 primevals +10 on mine. I'm curious as to how many cheinkens it would need if I did want to upgrade the robe.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm calculating on the refinement transfer chart, about 417 cheinkuns to transfer 4 primevals and +10 to the next level. That's not gonna happen lol. That's about 354+m if I purchased them in a shop at 850k ea. hahahaha I can buy a new robe, upgrade, shard with primevals and refine to a +10 with that much. That's not worth it.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Kyuana - Lost City
    Kyuana - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what npc shows where to upgrade the new cape o,o?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm calculating on the refinement transfer chart, about 417 cheinkuns to transfer 4 primevals and +10 to the next level. That's not gonna happen lol. That's about 354+m if I purchased them in a shop at 850k ea. hahahaha I can buy a new robe, upgrade, shard with primevals and refine to a +10 with that much. That's not worth it.

Wings of Ascension uses only a 10% rate. It's the same chienkun rate as rerolling R9 third cast / G16 nirv so you should use those values.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    Wings of Ascension uses only a 10% rate. It's the same chienkun rate as rerolling R9 third cast / G16 nirv so you should use those values.

What you mean by 10% rate? Say my matchless cape is +12, so would it cost 500(?) chienkuns to recast it?
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What you mean by 10% rate? Say my matchless cape is +12, so would it cost 500(?) chienkuns to recast it?

come on did you skip basic math b:chuckle

what ever the top end cost is to transfer x you take 10% of that and that is how many you need.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • antiantichrist
    antiantichrist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bought matchless wing and convert them to NW cape last week only to find out today that there is better cape.... IS there anyway i can convert my NW cape to ascension cape?
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    come on did you skip basic math b:chuckle

what ever the top end cost is to transfer x you take 10% of that and that is how many you need.

I Can do basic math, I'm asking if that value is true or not, just seems too....nice of pwi to make the cost that low.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bought matchless wing and convert them to NW cape last week only to find out today that there is better cape.... IS there anyway i can convert my NW cape to ascension cape?

It's not a better cape. Both have their pros and cons.

The NW cape has more vit, def levels, and a higher refine rate.

The Ascension cape has more p def, p def reduction, and evasion.
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    It's not a better cape. Both have their pros and cons.

The NW cape has more vit, def levels, and a higher refine rate.

The Ascension cape has more p def, p def reduction, and evasion.

your forgetting about the top atk lvls once we get the helm to go with in in the lotto box we will get soon
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • skaitavia
    edited June 2013
    your forgetting about the top atk lvls once we get the helm to go with in in the lotto box we will get soon

Yes, the 8 attack level bonus will definitely make this cape superior, but with the current PWCN pack for it, linked here, the chance to get it is at a measly 0.0001% chance.

To put that into perspective, statistically speaking, you will see 20 Scrolls of Tome from normal packs before you see a single helm, or 100 Scrolls of Tome from Anni packs before you see a single helm.

Those odds aren't pretty at all b:surrender
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I already have 9999 tokens and 9 Best Luck tokens. Where do I get Wings of the Golden Snake?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    edited June 2013
    I already have 9999 tokens and 9 Best Luck tokens. Where do I get Wings of the Golden Snake?

Luckily for you, here you are!
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So this cape is better than the one made at the NW forges?
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Thx for grate guideb:victory
  • skaitavia
    edited June 2013
    So this cape is better than the one made at the NW forges?

Yes and no.

NW Cape Pros: Higher base refine rate, 1 more attack level, 5 more vit

WoA Cape Pros: 100 more P def, 4% p def damage reduction, more evasion

The WoA cape can get a set bonus of +8 attack levels with its helmet counterpart, which for now the only foreseeable way to obtain it is through a pack that has not been released yet. And based on the PWCN database, the odds are 20 times worse than getting a Scroll of Tome from a Tiger pack.
    Thx for grate guideb:victory

You're welcome!
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    decisions decisions.....hmmm this should be interesting.

matchless wings-with tokens or sow....what to choose....

- on one hand u get NW Forges which seems to be the next step in upgrading gear.....and u might expect NW Robes and NW Helmets to be part of another upgrade in the future

- on the other hand u get the AEU Robe which promises a good combo with the future pack helm...but as past has proven these 2 might be the end of it.

for comparison this was also in the past...kinda... Forest Wisdom vs 2stage NV Helm....similar in power....

alot considered Forest Wisdom for the ease to obtain (packs) and the non farm perspective (except if u count the oht farming)...they refined and sharded it....but that was the end of it...no next stage....3dstage NV and NW Faction helm appeared....now all those with Forest Wisdom got blocked and needed to switch to NV helmet.

on another side our NW Forges are unique and contains items related to the start of Imperial Fury and some adapted to our version....which might suggest that any upgrade on those items would require a special patch created for PWI.

hmmm...any opinions? b:chuckle
  • antiantichrist
    antiantichrist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I find it very stupid that AEU cape is way more superior than NW cape in ANY way!! When NW cape is more expensive than AEU cape.

Does NW cape + Nw helm have a set bonus if equipped together???? If not then AEU cape is the only way to go.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've had Wings of Cloudcharger forever, and when they added Matchless Wings I was super annoyed.

They are only slightly better than WoC, and as far I know ONLY attainable from packs. Unlike WoC which you can farm Tiger Event for.

Then, when they announced MW would be getting an upgrade into the NW cape, and now this new one all I can say is...where is the love for the Wings of Cloudcharger?

Would be nice to have a way to upgrade them to Matchless Wings, or farm one, even if its a real pain to do. It would certainly beat having to buy one from a shop.

People need to open more packs, sapphire gems are almost non existent on HT. The one or two for sale are at 50m, which is just idiotic but hey good luck with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • mercucio4444
    mercucio4444 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've had Wings of Cloudcharger forever, and when they added Matchless Wings I was super annoyed.

They are only slightly better than WoC, and as far I know ONLY attainable from packs. Unlike WoC which you can farm Tiger Event for.

Then, when they announced MW would be getting an upgrade into the NW cape, and now this new one all I can say is...where is the love for the Wings of Cloudcharger?

Would be nice to have a way to upgrade them to Matchless Wings, or farm one, even if its a real pain to do. It would certainly beat having to buy one from a shop.

People need to open more packs, sapphire gems are almost non existent on HT. The one or two for sale are at 50m, which is just idiotic but hey good luck with that.

Wing of cloudcharger is something in the past, its just like Forest wisdom, you cant upgrade it.
  • skaitavia
    edited June 2013
    A Wings of Cloudcharger to Matchless Wings upgrade sounds like something that sounds logical, but I guess only some things can happen. I mean, it's the same scenario with the Pan Gu tome and Love: Up and Down tome. You can't upgrade the Pan Gu to L:UaD, yet the L:UaD can be upgraded to Dominance, and from there to Emperor.

In this case, WoCc is the Pan Gu tome, and MW is the L:UaD.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can anyone definitively list the attributes of the new cape? I know there was a post earlier in the thread that took a guess at them. I'd like to be able to compare them with the Heaven Ravager cape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so I helped someone in AEU (helped is an overstatement since I just did aeu xD) and then I had a quest about getting some boots cause I was helpful; it said to talk to prophet and have the leader near but coudln't get it to work. Not that I think that the boots will be great (at least for just one run) but i'm curious...
    you only purge once #yopo
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd like to know about chienkun usage for upgrading Matchless Wing to Wings of Ascension, this is the closest thread regarding MW upgrade, I hope I'm not necroing by putting it here. f:hush

as Asterelle said on page one, the chienkun rate is using the rate of rerolling r9 3rd cast/ G16 nirv.

and from Skai's video, it's shown in this captured image from the youtube video that for transferring 4 sockets the chienkun needed is 27, but there is no further info about gem transfer since Skai used a fresh Matchless Wing with no gem and refines.
    8oi6.jpg

it matches with the info from pwwiki page here => http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Chienkun_Transfer_Charts

I plan to upgrade later but I wanna use the current MW, put lv 11 gems in it and refine it, can anyone confirm if the chienkun rate for the gems also follows the values from the chart on pwwiki (4 chienkuns per lv 11 gem) ? and for the refines as well.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    freygin wrote: »
    I'd like to know about chienkun usage for upgrading Matchless Wing to Wings of Ascension, this is the closest thread regarding MW upgrade, I hope I'm not necroing by putting it here.

as Asterelle said on page one, the chienkun rate is using the rate of rerolling r9 3rd cast/ G16 nirv.

and from Skai's video, it's shown in this captured image from the youtube video that for transferring 4 sockets the chienkun needed is 27, but there is no further info about gem transfer since Skai used a fresh Matchless Wing with no gem and refines.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8412/8oi6.jpg

it matches with the info from pwwiki page here =>

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/ind...ransfer_Charts

I plan to upgrade later but I wanna use the current MW, put lv 11 gems in it and refine it, can anyone confirm if the chienkun rate for the gems also follows the values from the chart on pwwiki (4 chienkuns per lv 11 gem) ? and for the refines as well.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

freygin replied to a message that was 4 months 23 days 2 hours 53 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

freygin replied to a message that was 4 months 23 days 2 hours 53 minutes old.

**** SweetieBot >:)
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tek1nig wrote: »

**** SweetieBot >:)
    This looks like a NECRO!

tek1nig replied to a message that was 1 year 1 month 26 days 9 hours 8 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

This discussion has been closed.