Archer Videos

Comments

• Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    BH Seat Speed Run I guess.
    I wonder if others have been doin it like this :O

Am I the only one who went O_O when she jumped through the door? I never knew this.
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Am I the only one who went O_O when she jumped through the door? I never knew this.

idk known for a long time, but i tend to fail jumping around door -.-
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Recent TW video http://youtu.be/i70QGVH2TCA
    It has a hilarious segment I'm sure you'll spot :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We was in their base killing their dooodz.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited October 2012
    Farming Mini World Bosses

I don't think many people even know about these. Probably because they are easily camped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Farming Mini World Bosses

I don't think many people even know about these. Probably because they are easily camped.

I was going to make a video about these as well, but after about 2 weeks of trying to hunt them down to no avail, I gave up.

It's nice to see how they look like though :D
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
    edited October 2012
    I was going to make a video about these as well, but after about 2 weeks of trying to hunt them down to no avail, I gave up.

It's nice to see how they look like though :D

As long as you are one of the first on the server you should be able to get a few. My secret is that I just wrote a small script that continuously polls the server's port and gives an audible alert when the server comes back up.

I normally dont bother with Minis or WBs since they are really late for me and sleep is more important but last week maint ended early and it was 2x.

Also something I do is bring up a list of the 12 minis with the in game encyclopedia by doing a search for mobs that drop Ironguards. With that list you can just autopath to them which makes finding them pretty easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Strange.. I've done this several maints, where I log out where the mini WB would be, and right as the server starts back up, I log in, and there's no one around and no boss to be seen. And most of those times I was spot on logging in.
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Strange.. I've done this several maints, where I log out where the mini WB would be, and right as the server starts back up, I log in, and there's no one around and no boss to be seen. And most of those times I was spot on logging in.

Very few of the mini-bosses spawn on server start. Right at server reset, you'll see Deceiter White (or whichever one of the two that is on the east, cuz I never remembered which one was black and which one was white), the butterfly in OHT, and....Strong. Everything else spawns at a set time after server is up. For example I think the bear spawns like 20 minutes after server is up.

Lastly the thing that might mess you up is server being reset =/= server comes online. Sometimes the timer started before you can log into the game, so spawns that happen close to the reset but not exactly might already be on the map, if the server opened up late. I lost Snow Bear a few times because of these late server things and some noob killed it before I got there.

My friend and I used to monopolize all these minibosses. The ones in the desert and the bat boss spawn 1-2 hours after server reset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
    edited October 2012

Check this for info about the spawn times alluded to by Ilyania.
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Mini_World_Bosses

The 6 I show in this video are the easiest since they all spawn at server reset and all have the same respawn delay (24 hours). The others spawn later and all have different respawn rates. Server reset happens some time before the server is open and the only way to know when it was is to work backwards from when you see a rare spawn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Ah I see. I knew some had different spawning times, but I just never bothered to figure them out or look them up xD

Maybe I'll try to get footage of them all at some point.

Thanks for the info!
    edited February 2013
    I made a Nation Wars video!
    http://youtu.be/rTyiHEGizqs

It shows a lot of flagging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    nice.. no wonder ur nation got 12 times more points then our nation :)
    and nice gameplay + battle vs dans squad b:dirty
    noticed i have almost same attack same mdef and almost same pdef as you, except for 60 defence lvls lower and 2 times less hp ;D
    but is damn hard nearly impossible to solo kill you, even to gank
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    same NW as asterelle, only the looser nation, and can see the contrast of ppl ive thought against in the beginning and in the end :) way too unbalanced.. anyways was worst nw ive had i guess still had fun b:pleased

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCAsrbm7AIg&feature=youtu.be
    edited June 2013
    New video of soloing revamped Abba and Seat BH.

It's kinda sloppy in some parts but whatever.
    http://youtu.be/dR2c_PIH6V4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    OMG stupid Ast doing BH without important Qui so sad :S
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Going to have to try to solo those two. Well, I never tried true soloing of the former instances (always had my alt cleric with me). But well see if I can do it.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great thread Ast! I hate trying to find archer vids on YT

I'd like to share some of mine and as I'm new to making vids and getting feedback on them and playstyle/skills constructive criticism is welcome :D

NW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZbXUVjCTAo

PvP vs BM

http://youtu.be/5Ali3AYq93s

I'll add more when I make them!
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great thread Ast! I hate trying to find archer vids on YT

I'd like to share some of mine and as I'm new to making vids and getting feedback on them and playstyle/skills constructive criticism is welcome :D

NW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZbXUVjCTAo

PvP vs BM

http://youtu.be/5Ali3AYq93s

I'll add more when I make them!

You can do so much more with that gear.
    Some things I'd like to point out o:.
    1. Why do u use Lighting strike before Thunder Shock? You know Thunder Shock is the metal debuff right so basically Lighting Strike is more effective after using Thunder Shock.
    2. Try this combo out if ur net/ping is good most people say it's useless but it's not.
    STA > quickshot > short cast take aim (i'll make a video to show it i'll send the link via pms.)
    3. Why do u use metal attacks on the blademaster while he has magic marrow ._. , try to spam quickshot till you get him debuffed most of the time he'll use bell b4 the marrow so you have enough time to stun and finish him with the metal attacks.
    Just my 2 cents =) Great videos ^^
    edited June 2013
    You can do so much more with that gear.
    Some things I'd like to point out o:.
    1. Why do u use Lighting strike before Thunder Shock? You know Thunder Shock is the metal debuff right so basically Lighting Strike is more effective after using Thunder Shock.
    2. Try this combo out if ur net/ping is good most people say it's useless but it's not.
    STA > quickshot > short cast take aim (i'll make a video to show it i'll send the link via pms.)
    3. Why do u use metal attacks on the blademaster while he has magic marrow ._. , try to spam quickshot till you get him debuffed most of the time he'll use bell b4 the marrow so you have enough time to stun and finish him with the metal attacks.
    Just my 2 cents =) Great videos ^^

Thanks for the taking the time to give feedback its much appreciated =]

1. Yeah its a really bad habit I'm working on getting out of I know what the skills do just by reflex hit the buttons in the wrong order..
    2. Sounds cool i'll try that out
    3. Well he spams bell so most of the time his pdef is higher than high mdef or is this assumption incorrect, but I agree qs and going for a purge and saving stun for right after purge is a better tactic, though that fight lasted 17mins and only purged once :o

Thanks again!
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the taking the time to give feedback its much appreciated =]

1. Yeah its a really bad habit I'm working on getting out of I know what the skills do just by reflex hit the buttons in the wrong order..
    2. Sounds cool i'll try that out
    3. Well he spams bell so most of the time his pdef is higher than high mdef or is this assumption incorrect, but I agree qs and going for a purge and saving stun for right after purge is a better tactic, though that fight lasted 17mins and only purged once :o

Thanks again!

Imma continue from point 3.
    What were the rules of that 1v1? Were you allowed to fly or not?
    Answer to the text marked in red : I think the mdef is higher but I don't know so I can only assume. Need a bm to confirm this ._.

EDIT : Send you the video (:
    edited June 2013
    Imma continue from point 3.
    What were the rules of that 1v1? Were you allowed to fly or not?
    Answer to the text marked in red : I think the mdef is higher but I don't know so I can only assume. Need a bm to confirm this ._.

EDIT : Send you the video (:

Cheers for the vid will check it out when i'm at home, dont get wifi at work

I think with the morai leaps kiting is alot easier and from personal preference I dont air kite although I see how it can be very useful vs melee classes, if I was outgeared I'd use it I guess. Also should put fly as a hotkey rather than somewhere on the bar!
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    Cheers for the vid will check it out when i'm at home, dont get wifi at work

I think with the morai leaps kiting is alot easier and from personal preference I dont air kite although I see how it can be very useful vs melee classes, if I was outgeared I'd use it I guess. Also should put fly as a hotkey rather than somewhere on the bar!

Yup kiting is alot easier with the morai leaps xD.
    And naw i'm fine with the place where my fly icon is ty tho c:
    edited June 2013
    I actually find myself using Lightning Strike before Shock a lot too because it has a chance to purge (unlike Shock).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Strike hits faster than Shock. On a LA or plumed cleric, I use strike as a last hit that doesn't miss.
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    I actually find myself using Lightning Strike before Shock a lot too because it has a chance to purge (unlike Shock).

So you use Lightning Strike to purge? Why not use this combo then lol quickshot > short cast take aim
    edited June 2013
    So you use Lightning Strike to purge? Why not use this combo then lol quickshot > short cast take aim

Strike also never misses, hits harder most attacks on non-AA targets, is one of the quickest archer skills, and takes no chi. I think chi is the kicker. I'd use shock more if it took less chi.
    Quickshot I only use if I'm planning to follow up its proc with normal attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    Strike also never misses, hits harder most attacks on non-AA targets, is one of the quickest archer skills, and takes no chi. I think chi is the kicker. I'd use shock more if it took less chi.
    Quickshot I only use if I'm planning to follow up its proc with normal attacks.

Ofcourse it does miss if you don't have the demon version of it.
    And even if you have the demon effect from quickshot on you, you can use short cast take aim and after that you'll still have enough time to auto attack with the demon effect.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ofcourse it does miss if you don't have the demon version of it.
    And even if you have the demon effect from quickshot on you, you can use short cast take aim and after that you'll still have enough time to auto attack with the demon effect.

Why, though? It's faster to just auto after a QS proc than to QS > Insta-Take Aim > auto.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I gotta reteach myself how to play this game decently, my last few pvp ventures since coming back have been so nooby. After that though, ima record some of my pvp. i lost all the footage i had been saving from nws when my last laptop crashed..... never buying a dell again. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]