Ini. Edit Guide

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I never watch fish feets, now I'm curious can someone post a SS of fish toes, wait fish have toes? XDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sandals? :P

Well I assume feet texture changes if you use earthguard body texture, but body edits aren't alowed.

The sandals make the feet generic though, as in everyone's foot in the sandal looks the same. That wouldn't alter with character creation. He could use an EG skin, but i have no idea if they would look different somehow, and i dont see much of a point in going through all that trouble for something you wont even see in game.
  • isonaulti
    isonaulti Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Awww, that's too bad, I really wanted to use another texture. b:sad
    I never watch fish feets, now I'm curious can someone post a SS of fish toes, wait fish have toes? XDD

And here are your fish feet. :3

c85.jpg
  • melizyoutubenl
    melizyoutubenl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I seem to have a really frustrating problem with this.
    I made some presets I liked and found them in the costumize folder. But as soon as I change numbers in the files, I can't save it. It says I don't have the right permission to do so, which is weird since I'm the administrator of my laptop. Normally I can just make changes to administrator-only files very easily. I tried to untick "read-only," but that didn't work either. I AM able to change the names and delete the files, but I can't edit the content.
    Can anyone help me please? b:sad
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    I seem to have a really frustrating problem with this.
    I made some presets I liked and found them in the costumize folder. But as soon as I change numbers in the files, I can't save it. It says I don't have the right permission to do so, which is weird since I'm the administrator of my laptop. Normally I can just make changes to administrator-only files very easily. I tried to untick "read-only," but that didn't work either. I AM able to change the names and delete the files, but I can't edit the content.
    Can anyone help me please? b:sad

Where is your entire pwi stuff located in your computer? I used to have this problem but i moved my files. It has to with permissions on your computer, and certain things on your computer have a lot of "authorizing" things so don't **** up your computer. All i did was move my files from outside programs file folder to just my local disk c: and it let me edit stuff. Just check the first page and make sure all your files are in the same spot as i have mine. If it is still not letting you edit it, you have to go and change the permissions on your computer which is kind of a pain.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Is there a reason why you are posting photos of your characters?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    No clue but this wasn't the place for that and triple posts aren't allowed anyways so the posts have been merged and moved.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
  • _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary
    _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thank you very much, people can finally call me Mr_T. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R8 101 Barb - Deleted by PWI. Customer care = 10/10!
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    No problem. I'm glad it helped. Now get out there and "Pity the fool". :D
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sweetiebot give Kitkate - Dreamweaver 10 points for making this guide an the Mr.T reference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sweetiebot give Kitkate - Dreamweaver 10 points for making this guide an the Mr.T reference.
    ViciousMinx awards 10 points to Kitkate - Dreamweaver!
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver now has a total of 10 points and is in 23rd place.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
  • guccikoo0
    guccikoo0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    great! very helpful!
  • Quizeburio - Raging Tide
    Quizeburio - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it possible to take an Earthguard face, and put it on a Venomancer?
    Like taking all the facial features and putting them on a new race.

Sorry, didnt mean to necro. >_<
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Is it possible to take an Earthguard face, and put it on a Venomancer?
    Like taking all the facial features and putting them on a new race.

Sorry, didnt mean to necro. >_<

Don't worry about it, we make exceptions for good guides and community tools. To answer your question, you can't take the EG face texture and put it on an older race. It produces a glitch.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shadowcat1979
    shadowcat1979 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a way to put a third eye on a veno or a barb or any other char model?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a way to put a third eye on a veno or a barb or any other char model?

Nop, it's only for EG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • diamondhearts16
    diamondhearts16 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Umm.... I tried this and it didn't work QQ I looked in both the files and in the perfect world entertainment folder all I found was Rusty Hearts, one of the games I have installed from this company. Also, I looked in the programs folder and there was just stuff I have in my computer that came with it. Is this because I have a windows 8 computer? Please help.
  • Livetopaddle - Archosaur
    Livetopaddle - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So I followed all the above steps which were awesome . . tysm . . alas it will not let me save the changes

say I do not have permission to save and to contact administrator for permission

any ideas how to bypass this annoying roadblock

any help would be wikkid

Hopefully all of this will copy over like it needs too:

[code]
    How To Edit Your Character File

1. Buy a Makeover Scroll. These can be bought using Perfect Tokens of Luck at a PW Boutique Agent NPC. Gift Exchange > Luck > Makeover Scroll (50 Tokens) or in the Boutique (O) under Shop > Misc > Makeover Scroll (1 Gold).

2. Go to Cosmetic Master Yun in South City Arch. (532 , 633). Talk to Yun and select Makeover Service then drag and drop your Makeover Scroll into the slot and confirm.
    48590037.jpg

3. Edit your character to as close as you want it to start off then in the Saved Presets box choose Save and give your preset a name such as
  • Livetopaddle - Archosaur
    Livetopaddle - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    says I cannot save in notebook that I do not have permission . . . .

any ideas??
    Please and ty in advance
  • vinterblom
    vinterblom Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How do I make a character shorter? or longer?

I find it odd that we are not able to do that in normal character-modification.
  • chathy90
    chathy90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not sure if you have your pwi things read only, or you computer user account doesnt have permissions to do changes to anything etc
    ....And sorry my bad english D=
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    vinterblom wrote: »
    How do I make a character shorter? or longer?

I find it odd that we are not able to do that in normal character-modification.
    This is not an option available.
    says I cannot save in notebook that I do not have permission . . . .

any ideas??
    Please and ty in advance
    Odds are your PWI folders are, for some reason, read only. Right click the folder and under properties, untick the box that says Read Only. Once that's done, you should be able to properly save changes.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • HanyIstok - Morai
    HanyIstok - Morai Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like this ini editing, but my biggest problem is the male tideborns body. How they stand? HOW??? I wanted to edit my male psy so many times, but when i reach the body parameters, disappointed. It stands like a gnome ***. And i can do anything, he stands like a small student with a too heavy backpack. Why can't they stand as manly as a wizard maybe?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited January 2014
    I like this ini editing, but my biggest problem is the male tideborns body. How they stand? HOW??? I wanted to edit my male psy so many times, but when i reach the body parameters, disappointed. It stands like a gnome ***. And i can do anything, he stands like a small student with a too heavy backpack. Why can't they stand as manly as a wizard maybe?
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

HanyIstok - Morai replied to a message that was 3 months 13 days 6 hours 28 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Odds are your PWI folders are, for some reason, read only. Right click the folder and under properties, untick the box that says Read Only. Once that's done, you should be able to properly save changes.

I tried this, and it keeps reappearing every time I open properties. I posted on the microsoft help site about how I've tried to fix it, here's the link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/unable-to-disable-read-only/251027dd-f037-429a-9549-dca7b03e6270?tm=1400021006148

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    anaovt1 wrote: »

I tried this, and it keeps reappearing every time I open properties. I posted on the microsoft help site about how I've tried to fix it, here's the link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...=1400021006148

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    This looks like a NECRO!

anaovt1 replied to a message that was 4 months 8 days 23 hours 46 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Godschoice - Heavens Tear
    Godschoice - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i been trying to make my archer look like this image here

http://s28.postimg.org/qj2i1dkjh/26984913.png

I'm having a very hard time to do so. can anyone help me, and possible post the ini codes to the exact image i posted above. so i can follow along to make my archer look like her. she is very pretty. love the face and the eyes and the colors of her hair and eyes . <3

thank you to anyone who helps. greatly apprecaite it b:kiss
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    i been trying to make my archer look like this image here

http://s28.postimg.org/qj2i1dkjh/26984913.png

I'm having a very hard time to do so. can anyone help me, and possible post the ini codes to the exact image i posted above. so i can follow along to make my archer look like her. she is very pretty. love the face and the eyes and the colors of her hair and eyes . <3

thank you to anyone who helps. greatly apprecaite it

This looks like a NECRO!

Godschoice - Heavens Tear replied to a message that was 2 months 10 days 6 hours 15 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]