Devil vs Storm

Options
tanksex
tanksex Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Mystic
Hey guys i was wondering in TW which is better ? Storm or devil would love too hear :D
Post edited by tanksex on

Comments

• Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There is no 1 best pet you should always have out like a veno. The 3 pets Devil, Storm and Salvation are all best in certain situations.

Devil is used for it's stun, I don't think I need to explain how useful that is, and sacrificing him you get a good more pdef and a 30% more crit useful when you have to take out a tanky opponent and you need some crits to do that.

Storm is used for its seal, however, because it's a very short one, it's best used alongside devil's stun or one of your other control skills. Sacrificing her gives you more magic attack for when you need some steady extra damage.

Salvation is good if you're role in TW is support, then you can use it's shield on your cleric or squishy members of the squad. Sacrificing her helps when you're under heavy attack and you need to fall back. It can buy you enough time to escape if you're not a onseshot.

None of these should be used for DDing because, simply put, they suck at it. And are much more useful to you used as explained above. An exception could be, if you're opponent is using mag def charms then you can use Storm to attack him once and tick that charm so you can deal full damage. Even in this exception it's still to support yourself, not DDing.

Remember our pets are made to support us, not us them. The thing that separates a good mystic from a bad one is figuring out exactly which pet is best for the situation you're currently in and reacting accordingly.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Devil, no question about it.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Problem solved; can we do apples and oranges now?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I usually go with Devil most of the time. I just use Storm mistress when I need to do some extra damage at a boss that haves damage reduction, but as Alexis said there is no right pet. Just a proper pet for each different situation. b:pleased
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    tanksex wrote: »
    Hey guys i was wondering in TW which is better ? Storm or devil would love too hear :D
    I usually go with Devil most of the time. I just use Storm mistress when I need to do some extra damage at a boss that haves damage reduction, but as Alexis said there is no right pet. Just a proper pet for each different situation. b:pleased

^ Boss in TW?

@OP: As others said mainly Devil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ah, dammit i missed that part, sorry.

For PvP? Yes, devil. b:laugh
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.