New NWs token rate sucks!!!!!

_Mictian_ - Archosaur
_Mictian_ - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Nation Wars
ok so, apart from map being freaking huge for Morai player base:

19k personal contribution

1155 nation credits (winning nation)

249 tokens

wtf? this is less than before i was getting 300ish tokens in second nation with half of that personal credits...

did you really nerf the token rate instead of improving it? :0

this is so unbelievable i made screenshots to witness this -_-
Post edited by _Mictian_ - Archosaur on

Comments

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    QQing about 249 tokens?

And when I used to take part in NW, I was jumping up and down getting 100 to 150 tokens.

249...and you are complaining. Blow it out your pie hole
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    249 tokens is still a lot. I just hope they can eventually add server vs server that would be fun and probably yield more tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    inb4 they can't revert map to the old one because it can't support the new NW battle types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    inb4 they can't revert map to the old one because it can't support the new NW battle types.

ikr, I'm guessing they will say that
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it might have been just cos more people ate the same pie.. everyone wanna try new maps, more people = less share each
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you guys dont get the point, do you? 250 is surely not alot. it used to be double the amount with such a high personal credit and such a winning nation.
    you forget that this server has only 120 people per nation.

anyway, the new NW sucks hard in my opinion:

- the promised 15v15 capture the flag turned out to be 30 vs 30 (30 vs 10 in most cases)
    - map waaaaay to big, many lands were conquered by one person only
    - very weird calculation of personal credits and token
    - crystal fights are over as soon as 1 team reaches the enemies spawn-gate. u can imagine the spawnkill-fest with a possible 40 ppl team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder what the numbers turn out will ne for NW tonight on RT. As it has been recently its about 100 to 150 less people per nation than it was a few months ago.

Most of those I know that don't NW any longer, or rarely NW, attribute it to the OP squads that run Hellbent on dominating everything and everyone, and **** at the non OP people for being failures because it means some of the OP folks arent on the winning team. Yes, nothing is better than hearing some OP idiot spouting in nation chat that anyone not OP needs to just quit NW because we take away from his reward.

Some I know that quit also blame spawn killing, which I am less likely to do, as I normally get out of the spawn point fast enough. This is normally more of a complaint by people with a slower computer that takes longer to process the graphics.

Personally I am just biding my time until I find a better, less endgame, less greed induced, less prepubescent MMO. If I don't, it might be time anyway to toss the MMO towel. It's been almost 15 years of playing them off and on anyway.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    >Gets nearly 20k contribution
    >Was in the Winning Nation
    >Still gets well over 200 tokens
    Well then,
    ISHYGDDT

I wonder how those who aren't as privileged did~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First world problems.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited June 2013
    >Gets nearly 20k contribution
    >Was in the Winning Nation
    >Still gets well over 200 tokens
    Well then,
    ISHYGDDT

I wonder how those who aren't as privileged did~

do you really have to troll? either read the whole context or refrain from such comments, please :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only 249... oh my...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There was never any fixed rate for contribution -> Tokens. The total amount of tokens in a NW on a server is constant week to week. Assuming the total amount wasn't changed in this update (can someone confirm that?), the only way you can get fewer tokens is if someone else is getting more.

The only thing that matters is how well your nation does relative to other nations (Nation scores) and how well you did relative to others in your nation (personal contribution).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    _Mictian_ - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i am not complaining about personal scores, cause for me doesnt matter...

but if i took that amount of tokens, i wonder the average of players...

appr. its 1/3 to 1/2 less tokens from nws

and yes xstal map is well concepted but needs few fixes or in most of the cases it will become a flight rush to opposite crystal to go baselock opponents, i think flyers should be disabled in xstal map also when 1 nation gets control of whole crystals the "map points" increase is waaay too fast... devs didn't consider that attack and defense teams dont join the same territory simultaeously, if defense team comes in when attack team already took all xstals (that can happen in matter of a minute), the territory is merely lost.

turrets map? cool, but turrets almost broke my whole gear set in a single map... and where to repair it??!?!?!

and yea capture the flag now is 30vs30, that really has no point.

for morai server i went almost always into empty battles cause we got 100ish players per nation, there are so many territories and actually single maps can take so many players that in most of cases u can find 1 map full and 10 maps with 1 person... we need 10vs10 15vs15 and 20vs20, if a nation has 100 players, 40 of them cant really be forced to stay in the same territory

and xstal maps give insane amount of credits even if u just stand still, i guess welcome back afk alts!

edit for asty: cf04.jpg

another thing i think this nation wars upgrade is very cool but it doesnt consider the amount of people that is actually attending nation wars... crystal map can be really cool if PWI playerbase was 10x actual one
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    edit for asty: cf04.jpg

Well you guys are getting 69,995 tokens per NW now.
    According to http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1542621
    You guys used to get 81,815 tokens per NW. It actually did go down a little.

It takes a while tho to learn strategies for a new map. The last time the map changed my squad was getting like 40% fewer tokens but we adjusted our strategy from base locking to defending against stronger squads and are now pretty much back up to where we were.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    last nw 5k contribution got 50ish tokens, only cost me 50 herbs on my 85 psy, i am loving this almost no cost to me, i cant wait for tonight to troll all of raging tides
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    QQing about 249 tokens?

And when I used to take part in NW, I was jumping up and down getting 100 to 150 tokens.

249...and you are complaining. Blow it out your pie hole

249 tokens

wtf? this is less than before i was getting 300ish tokens in second nation with half of that personal credits...

you guys dont get the point, do you? 250 is surely not alot. it used to be double the amount with such a high personal credit and such a winning nation.
    you forget that this server has only 120 people per nation.

anyway, the new NW sucks hard in my opinion:

- the promised 15v15 capture the flag turned out to be 30 vs 30 (30 vs 10 in most cases)
    - map waaaaay to big, many lands were conquered by one person only
    - very weird calculation of personal credits and token
    - crystal fights are over as soon as 1 team reaches the enemies spawn-gate. u can imagine the spawnkill-fest with a possible 40 ppl team.

Maybe, just maybe if we can get these America-bashing Europeans playing on US servers who are QQing about the NW times being unfair and a great inconvenience to them to actually play on their Euro server you may get more people in NW there and have better NW wars in the new map.

NW population on US servers are shrinking but I have a sinking feeling that sometime in the future some US servers may be merged and we will have server v server NW eventually. They are working on the latter for sure.

As for your 249 tokens, I agree with the above statement...blow it out your pie hole.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited June 2013
    Maybe, just maybe if we can get these America-bashing Europeans playing on US servers who are QQing about the NW times being unfair and a great inconvenience to them to actually play on their Euro server you may get more people in NW there and have better NW wars.

NW population on US servers are shrinking but I have a sinking feeling that sometime in the future some US servers may be merged and we will have server v server NW eventually. They are working on the latter for sure.

As for your 249 tokens, I agree with the above statement...blow it out your pie hole.

first off, would you wanna start all over after u spent a lot of money and time into your char? :/

and secondly, 249 token sounds much. but raps are being sold for 30 k on this server..token are pretty much being NPCed.

and how will server vs. server work when they are in different time zones?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys, you people making a big deal out of the amount of tokens should probably consider that 250 tokens on Euro server before this update was probably about the equivalent of 100-150 or so on US server. Whereas the 300-400+ were about the equivalent of 200+ on our servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bet this person complained about NW's destroying of Nirvana too. b:chuckle
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    new rate rewards sucks. only way to get good amount of tokens is if ur nation win. if u are in a fail nation then u are screwed. i was in a fail nation, did 19k+(around 19.8 ) personal contribution and got only 82 tokens, with that amount of contribution even if my nation failed i was getting at least 150+tokens. sooo it just screwed to the last 2 nations. wining nation gets less tokens, but the other nations get sooo few that it doesnt worth doing nw.

i hope devs fix this soon. and change the rate rewards. or increase the number of tokens to split between nations.

tys
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    THE MAP IS TOO HUGE, IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE A REAL FIGHT 20v20 on that MAP SO LESS TOKENS AS REWARD !!
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are 3 factors accounting for the token rate reduction
    1. More people participating (On Ht, increased from 180~200 per nation to 200~220 per nation)
    2. The total personal credit cap per instance has been increased (e.g flag capture mode, the total for the entire team is now 49500 from 24750). All those instances which used to flat out at 24750 total credits, now generate more credits for the entire team. More people getting credits = credits is worth less.
    3. More empty instances means more points for the srubs and the alts (dominion map is like afk paradise for the alts). People who used to get pwned in fights and get low credits, now runs around the empty instances to get more credits (empty instances = credit paradise for cheap people with no hp charm). Again, people getting more credits = credits worth less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i really miss my 400+ Tokens every NW now. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was on loosing nation ( Light) last night on morai server. Got around 20k contribution and 180 tokens.

All my squadmates got way more contribution then they had in old nw's.
    My scores in old was always between 10-15k.

So ,I think everybodys scrore got upped up. Crystal fights give always good contribution even if there is no enemy at all.

Also the gap between wining and loosing nation token distribution is not that big big anymore.

And yaeh, bridge fights suck and everybody just walks around them.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013

249 tokens

cf04.jpg

1) 18.1k is not 19k.

2) I got 99 tokens for 17k contribution and you cry with your 249 tokens for 18k? Wow...

Is there's still people doing that event for fun or am I the only one?

It's a event, it's not suppose to be a farming instance, so beside complain about money, tokens and credits try to have fun maybe. If you want money go farm TT like the rest of people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your problem (OP) Isn't a Nerf rate on tokens....b:chuckle

Its the fact that a whole heck of alot of other people now have been able to score big within your nation (digging crystals capturing flags & Ganking enemy bridge targets) do to the larger amount of fields on the New Super Sized Map (which obviously is working as intended, in that the old map was predominated by R9's & Super squads doing 3 things {Killing, Capturing and locking everyone out of the rankings} where as this map forces Supers to have to fight more while mediocre geared 1s can now get the chances for more of the 'flag runnings & crystal diggings')

I honestly understand where you're coming from though, by the shock of seeing identical levels of effort getting less of the lions shares now, but seriously most who played B4 quit trying nation war and constantly QQ'd after they quit, because they weren't getting s**t for their efforts (do to being locked out of the comp. by super heavies) but this new map was meant to even it out a bit for them to be able to finally get stuff that only a few were predominating for so long, so good for {PWi} waking up for those who unlike us aren't atleast at {R8 - R9rr levels}

So now finally some of the lesser geared 1s may return to NW to try it out again and hopefully get themselves something in return finally (After all they deserve something in return for all the times that 'My Faction'mates & Myself 'are going to be killing them for showing up there again on NW!!!!!!)

LoLoLOLoLoL......b:chuckle
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, it seems that the people who did astronomically better than the average are now just doing plain ol' better than average.
    I don't know what kind of gear you have, but I'm going to assume it's either very highly refined g16 or r9+

I personally did better contribution/reward wise (my gear is fairly average g16 with my ol' trusty yet rusty r8 weapon), as did pretty much most of the people I asked. And if "we" are getting a better reward, that has to mean that other people are getting less.

If the fact is that the less op people are doing better, and the more op people are doing "worse" (which is still better, 200+ tokens on reward is -nothing- to complain about), so more people are going to continue/return to NW, and that is nothing but good news.

If, as I suspect, some of these op people get frustrated and stop coming to NW, that only means that the average of the non op people will raise even further. Depending which side you consider yourself on, you'll either be happy with that, or not.

It's going to take a few turns of the NW wheel for us to really see how this will effect us as a community, so try not to get your knickers in a twist too soon.
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thank you for reducing movement between battles time. was a lot more fun and active.
    nw tokens i think are ok, i sucked this nw so i got only 136 tokens with 18k personal credit, was exploring just
    but yes increasing participants would make it more fun, still alot of empty battles, but thats up to us isnt it

overall nice improvements, and nice battles :) capruting crystal was super fun then we had 0 vs 80 points and captured all of them and got 99 vs 93 points or so and won ;P lost too some battle by 3 points..
    had fun ^^
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem isn't the tokens, the problems is the contribution you have.
    It's easier now for a lot of people to get a lot more contribution than the normally did.

Last night I had double the score than I had during the old NW map, but I got the same amount of tokens as reward.

Besides that, if people think they are entitled to have 400 tokens or more per NW, they should get off their high horse b:laugh