New Pet instance discussion

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dont be so demanding, im just a normal user like you^^
    I wasn't trying to be demanding, but I went from -80 Wednesday to -200 some odd yesterday so I'm not worthy of writing one up myself.

One thing you missed... how to change the guard attack mode, and what modes it cycles through.
    And why are the forums still displaying my veno as being 71? I'm 101, dang it! D:<
    Try editing your avatar. That ought to unglitch it, and if it doesn't, PM v4l.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they only deal fire or physical damage and you change it by attacking it.

i edited it and made it more clear now, ty :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Leviee - Dreamweaver
    Leviee - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    SO instead of getting super frustrated I just left it on slow and concentrated on switching guards to get used to it .... anyone else having an issue of even GETTING the guards to switch fast enough?

By the time I finally got them switched over half the waves had gone by and even if I JUST left them on phys (figured a few waves killed is better than nothing) not one single waved died. I still couldn't get more than 2 guards up.

Must be you HAVE to get each wave down in order to get the next guard up and it has to be done consecutively because 2 guards just doesn't do it. Got a whole 27 stars this run .... guess it's better than nothing.

Just have to get used to what waves need what. Only issue is my bird and guards won't switch right away and it takes a few hits and by then the waves are already half by b:surrender
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited June 2013
    SO instead of getting super frustrated I just left it on slow and concentrated on switching guards to get used to it .... anyone else having an issue of even GETTING the guards to switch fast enough?

By the time I finally got them switched over half the waves had gone by and even if I JUST left them on phys (figured a few waves killed is better than nothing) not one single waved died. I still couldn't get more than 2 guards up.

Must be you HAVE to get each wave down in order to get the next guard up and it has to be done consecutively because 2 guards just doesn't do it. Got a whole 27 stars this run .... guess it's better than nothing.

Just have to get used to what waves need what. Only issue is my bird and guards won't switch right away and it takes a few hits and by then the waves are already half by b:surrender

yes, 1 mistake in the early waves and its pretty much over.

what do you mean by switching fast enough? everytime you hit, they switch instantly...attacking them multiple times causes them to switch multiple times, stop doing that and just hit all guards with 1 venomous :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ugh... -224 today... I'm just not fast enough to do it right... My pets (lvl 100 Tabby or Puppy) can't even kill the Sly Fox in time aside from a few successful attempts...

Starting tomorrow, I'll just activate it and grab my 3DS until it's finished... No use trying if I keep sucking anyway... At least I get like 27 Stars for just being there anyway... f:fan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013

what do you mean by switching fast enough? everytime you hit, they switch instantly...attacking them multiple times causes them to switch multiple times, stop doing that and just hit all guards with 1 venomous :D

Which requires going into PK mode, which isn't a big deal on PVP servers (like all China servers...) since you're all in PK mode by that level anyway, but not necessarily desireable for those of us on PVE servers (like most PWI servers.) Would be nice to get that changed in a patch, but I'm not holding my breath waiting.

Think I'll use a cacto for the sly foxes next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited June 2013
    Which requires going into PK mode, which isn't a big deal on PVP servers (like all China servers...) since you're all in PK mode by that level anyway, but not necessarily desireable for those of us on PVE servers (like most PWI servers.) Would be nice to get that changed in a patch, but I'm not holding my breath waiting.

Think I'll use a cacto for the sly foxes next time.

yeah i also hated the fact that i have to go into pk mode. but then again you wont suffer much from it. how often do you leave safe zone...and when you do, how often will an evil red named sin be around? :P

but i think i read somewhere that the PWI guys already know this issue and maybe they fix it asap :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013

When I get the hang of it, I might even think of making a video of it (that is, before Desdi makes one before I do mine D:).

I'm failing at it currently lol but today I didn't get negative credit so that's a good thing b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • EllyFire - Dreamweaver
    EllyFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Judging by this, I come to the conclusion that :
    • -% chan is a big advantage over any other stat, since you must be able to switch guards fast
    • one mistake means game over = negative credits
    • your pet must be on the sly fox route at all times (you can use nix if you fly and summon him)
    "How do you turn this on?"
  • Womansley - Sanctuary
    Womansley - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After a miserable fail the first day, I recorded myself doing the second attempt. I'm not here to share that recording unless someone will be giving out coins for worst performance b:laugh.
    But it has yielded a lot of valuable information for me to compare with ranknine's post.

Firstly the puffbird has a different animation for each debuff he uses:
    HP debuff looks like amp.
    slow looks like a wizard's ice prison.
    armor debuff looks like an assassin's earthen rift.

I'm not sure if mob waves are random, sounds correct though.
    -scorpions wave 1 easy.
    -teddys are fire immune.
    -armored bears are fire immune.
    -kowlins are physical immune contrary to what the game tells you.

-cactus mob needs to be soul degened.
    -bone dino needs to be purged.
    -i never saw the turtles ranknine spoke of. Maybe they only show up if you aren't failing horribly.

I'm trying to learn more what debuffs to use when, some things resist certain ones. I don't know them well enough to post here yet though.

For us pve server people I recommend an aoe attack on your genie to help with guards. I am determined to see a perfect score without being forced to pk mode.

***Edit***
    Teddies spawned phys immune today. So they can be either? Cause I checked my video and they were fire immune that day. Bah IDK.

And turtle is yeah a special mob like the cactus or bone dino. I think it is random which one you get at certain waves.

***Edit***
    Another day and kowlins come fire immune. I guess I can start to assume any of the normal three mobs (bear, kowlin, teddy) can come with either immunity and sometimes the text isn't right so safest thing is to click on the first mob that spawns to know which immunity it has.
    I believe the proper debuff should be:
    Kowlin -> slow
    Teddy -> max hp
    Bear -> armor break
    I'm not positive on those, I know the teddies and the bears resist the slow from the puffbird but I'm not sure if any of the mobs have resistances to hp debuff or armor debuff.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Turtle mob is low HP, immune to just about everything except wood (another reason to use a cactopod in there... guess I ought to get its Toxic Mist maxed before I go back in. Mine's a Celestial Sting, so only came with Toxic Mist 4.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well i used to get around -200 credits and only got -4 a few minutes ago, so thanks to all those who posted additional info. ^.^ Though here's what I don't understand:

Apparently, 100 credits are required to activate a new guard. I had 100, but it wouldn't activate a 3rd guard. Why? b:sad
  • Leviee - Dreamweaver
    Leviee - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Ok let's say I ahd them on mag atk. I see a wave coming that needed phys atk. I would go hit the guards all each one time and I would look and they would still be on mag atk ... I have to hit them multiple times before they switch over.
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is the daily for anyone else glitching or is there something that i am doing wrong. I did the daily the first time no problem and evolved my nix. The next day i waited till the exact same time and now when i get ported inside the instance the other npc which starts the quest doesnt spawn. I only have that chiang yoh guy who asks me to if i want to leave. Am i missing a step here.

I have the token item to enter and i'm starting the quest between 0800 and 2100 so i do not know what the problem is.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah thanks to RankNine guild...i began the quest did good then went down hill from there. the guards wouldn't change for me no matter how much i hit them.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited June 2013
    Yeah thanks to RankNine guild...i began the quest did good then went down hill from there. the guards wouldn't change for me no matter how much i hit them.

thats because you did not change into pk mode and you didnt attack the guards, you attacked a hidden "?-mob" next to them. only an aoe on them will affect the guards too.

so at the moment you are forced to be in pk mode for it.

edit: 894 credits today, i only missed the first speedy kowlin (could not change the puffbird fast enough) of wave 7 and the boss...we need to find out how to kill the boss :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Today: Went in, activated, grabbed 3DS, checked 15 minutes later, got -144 credits and 27 Stars... The lazy-fox's way... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    I got a 456 today. Getting better at it haha.

@Yuna-Sama - on lazy days, I think I'll do that xD
  • Arriioch - Dreamweaver
    Arriioch - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yet another fail attempt for the day. Got first wave as always ... put 2nd guard up kowlin was 2nd wave so I put bird on slow, guards on mag atk and they just walked right past them with barely half hps gone.

Ok (I'm in PK mode btw and I had earthquake on my genie so I could smack the 2nd guard quickly and works like a charm btw) fine 3rd wave comes out .. armored bears.. put on armor break .. mag attack again as they are phys immune .... and oh look they walk right by the guards with half hps.

Ok kowlins again .... tried lowered hps ... mag attack .... half hps once again.

I had gotten 100 credits to get a 3rd guard up but for some reason it wouldn't activate ....

I'm just gonna go start it and afk from now on it's not worth the frustration of being totally 100% perfect and being forced into PK mode on a PvE server.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thats because you did not change into pk mode and you didnt attack the guards, you attacked a hidden "?-mob" next to them. only an aoe on them will affect the guards too.

so at the moment you are forced to be in pk mode for it.

edit: 894 credits today, i only missed the first speedy kowlin (could not change the puffbird fast enough) of wave 7 and the boss...we need to find out how to kill the boss :/

Oh learned something else ty. Sigh Pk mode it is i guess b:victory
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
    edited June 2013
    Oh learned something else ty. Sigh Pk mode it is i guess b:victory

I'd rather just do it my lazy way and stay out of PK mode... Taking one step outside of Archosaur while in PK mode as a squishy Veno on Heaven's Tear server, is like entering a cave full of Zubats without Repels... I wouldn't recommend it... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maxx99
    maxx99 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    from what i noticed, you need a fast pet with high attack to kill the foxes. best pet would of course be a nix. however since my wallet has a hole, a lvl 100 kowlin works very well for me.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm guessing the boss shouldn't be too hard, but prolly requires all the guards active though.

But how do you kill those armored bears? ._. Both Des and me failed at that today. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Level 100 cactopod works well on the sly foxes too, fast and it doesn't have to be in melee range to hit.

I still fail at everything after the scorpions except foxes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is way too difficult to switch the modes >< I get the principle here, but in practice I can't manage finding the little ? ghosts in a timely manner. I spend half my time in desperation trying to activate n' switch things I hardly have time for anything else, and by then, it's too late D:

Still love it though >.> it'll be awesome when all the bugs are smashed out.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is way too difficult to switch the modes >< I get the principle here, but in practice I can't manage finding the little ? ghosts in a timely manner. I spend half my time in desperation trying to activate n' switch things I hardly have time for anything else, and by then, it's too late D:

Still love it though >.> it'll be awesome when all the bugs are smashed out.

Go on the other side of the guards and use tab. To reset tab; select a guard and then tab again.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I gave up on tabbing stuff. b:surrender PK mode really works wonders for that instance but they should fix it so you can just target the guards directly and activate them without being in PK. <<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • vroumm
    vroumm Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just wanted to let u guys know that i got a skillbook tonight (bless scroll) from lycaeum

due to data privacy ill post it in the censored version *laughs*

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/venoinstancedobatsng3l4.jpg

would be great if u could post which scrolls u got as well so ik which books u can get in there ;3
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Are the reward pet skillbooks tradeable or bound?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    vroumm wrote: »
    just wanted to let u guys know that i got a skillbook tonight (bless scroll) from lycaeum

due to data privacy ill post it in the censored version *laughs*

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/venoinstancedobatsng3l4.jpg

would be great if u could post which scrolls u got as well so ik which books u can get in there ;3

Grats! That's neat.

I have the same question as Mayfly. Are they bound or not?