How to make Money as an Archer?

Options
protege7
protege7 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Archer
So hello, like tittle says : How can I as a level 72 archer in DreamWeaver Server can make money? I do Jolly Jones quest and everything but I have big Problems with money. Skills suck it up. Here is my current armor :

http://pwcalc.com/7b2315e2137b249b

As you can see am really undergeared and I have no idea how to get money to improve my gear...... Please Help.

Thank you for taking your time and reading :D.
Post edited by protege7 on

Comments

• XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hold off on some of your skills to begin with. Winged Blessing, Bow Baster, Stunning Arrow, Wing Span, and Knockback arrow should be your main ones you are doing at a lower level. You can either farm herbs to help you get some better gear, or just grind on mobs for the pot and armor drops. Get a unicorn bow as soon as you can. It should cost you around 100k-300k depending on your server's prices. You won't make too much grinding until you get the higher dqs since they are all nerfed. Quests also help some, with low mob counts. Give you coins plus armor you can use or sell.

Edit: Oh and make sure you do the tideborn quest. You can pick it up from your elder. The tideborn treasure quest line also gives you some coin for just digging boxes. Just find a higher leveled person to help kill the mobs around the chests.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Why on earth would you level up knockback arrow...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Stop using higher level arrows.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You are not that undergeared. Lvl 40 dreamchaser equipment is about lvl 60ist quality. Your next gear set could be TT70 or if you dont have the coin to spend yet, you could wait till TT80 as well.

Important is that you only use this gear for a little while. So buy it cheap and sell it at a profit when you're done with it. Check the AH multiple times a day for a while and see what are the best prices you can get your gear for. Note that the same item with different sockets, gems and refinements have very different value. The the base item's value is like 100% - 150% - 200% for 2 - 3 - 4 sockets. Then you add the value of the shards and refinements if they are flawless citrines (800k) and refinements no higher than 3. (1=20k, 2=100k, 3=300k. Better quality refine or shards do not add their full value to the items value, worse or different gems do not really add any value to the item)

For making money, you could farm materials/herbs that you dig from the floor, or the more popular ones from mobs. (leather and oil)
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Why on earth would you level up knockback arrow...

Why wouldn't you? An archer at that level goes squish to pretty much everything. Last time i checked if you push something back it can't attack you. Worked just fine for me at that level and lower ones.

Like HrunsPanda said, there is a good spot in Sundown town right outside the walls that has a decent leather drop.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Why wouldn't you? An archer at that level goes squish to pretty much everything. Last time i checked if you push something back it can't attack you. Worked just fine for me at that level and lower ones.

Like HrunsPanda said, there is a good spot in Sundown town right outside the walls that has a decent leather drop.

Knockback arrow's knockback range is the same on all levels. Level 1 is the same as level 10

And really guys? Farming? OP: stop leveling, do your daily Jones quests. You are pitifully undergeared for your level off the weapon alone. Do 2 days of Jones daily and you can get yourself a Wind and the Clouds, the only weapon you should be using at this level. Do another day or so and buy 1 gold, get the rep for R4, use the R4 chest. Get the level 69 mold pants and save up 4 mil from the Jones dailies and get yourself a TM69 -interval cape (Auxiliary cape, not defensive, when you go get it). Jones daily is lovely. 2socket your wind and the clouds

Skill wise, what you should level up, in that order: Bow mastery, winged blessing, frost arrow, stunning arrow (I put frost arrow first because the slow is just as nice for pve to kill things before they get into casting range, and has a lower mana cost), blazing arrow, wingspan. The next level of skills to level would be sharptooth arrow, winged pledge, thunder shock, strike, blast, aim low, take aim, quickshot (you will need quickshot for demon/sage anyways).

Level BoA last. You won't even need it for a bit

Helpful skills you might level later: Wings of Protection (to not annoy other archers who have it maxed because this is your primary non-sage spam skill for chi), winged shell (resists oneshots)

What you should never waste coin and SP on: poison and bleed arrows, deadly shot, ****rage eagaleon, flight mastery (unless you go demon but then you'll be leveling it much later)

EDIT: oh yea, use level 1 ammo. Cheaper and damage loss isn't that significant. With a good weapon you should be autoattacking mobs to death before they finish cheanneling their first hit.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Old-school players should remember that DQ items do not provide any coin from NPCs. Earning coin at low levels is a bit harder now, unless the low level quests / dailies have changed to provide coin.
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Because...

1. Leveling up doesn't increase its range, chance of knockback, or actually anything useful at all. It mostly just "improves mana cost," and by improve I mean increase, so then the OP will be spending MORE money, not saving it....

2. Even if it did increase one marginally useful aspect, knockback arrow doesn't work on most instance mobs and never works in pvp. In other words, it doesn't work on anything you actually need to knock back.

Anyway, if you NEEEEED the knockback arrow, leave it at level 1. It gains all its usefulness at level 1 already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • AirialAce - Raging Tide
    AirialAce - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wingspan is way better.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wingspan is a melee ranged skill. Caster mobs aren't going to get into that range.
    Channels

• NecroBowman - Dreamweaver
    NecroBowman - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    But wingspan helps when mobs get to close right? to knock them back + knockback arrow, gives you a good space between the mob and your self.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Only useful when melee mobs.
    Channels

• Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Knockback arrow's knockback range is the same on all levels. Level 1 is the same as level 10

And really guys? Farming? OP: stop leveling, do your daily Jones quests. You are pitifully undergeared for your level off the weapon alone. Do 2 days of Jones daily and you can get yourself a Wind and the Clouds, the only weapon you should be using at this level. Do another day or so and buy 1 gold, get the rep for R4, use the R4 chest. Get the level 69 mold pants and save up 4 mil from the Jones dailies and get yourself a TM69 -interval cape (Auxiliary cape, not defensive, when you go get it). Jones daily is lovely. 2socket your wind and the clouds

Skill wise, what you should level up, in that order: Bow mastery, winged blessing, frost arrow, stunning arrow (I put frost arrow first because the slow is just as nice for pve to kill things before they get into casting range, and has a lower mana cost), blazing arrow, wingspan. The next level of skills to level would be sharptooth arrow, winged pledge, thunder shock, strike, blast, aim low, take aim, quickshot (you will need quickshot for demon/sage anyways).

Level BoA last. You won't even need it for a bit

Helpful skills you might level later: Wings of Protection (to not annoy other archers who have it maxed because this is your primary non-sage spam skill for chi), winged shell (resists oneshots)

What you should never waste coin and SP on: poison and bleed arrows, deadly shot, ****rage eagaleon, flight mastery (unless you go demon but then you'll be leveling it much later)

EDIT: oh yea, use level 1 ammo. Cheaper and damage loss isn't that significant. With a good weapon you should be autoattacking mobs to death before they finish cheanneling their first hit.

Winds of clouds is a bad choice of a weapon, rather get solarslayer is a better choice because of the slow proc.

Also winged pledge is horibble, as I remember, the metal skill tree does full damage, it is even worse at endgame since archers could leap since the morai update. I have never seen a single archer use this skill, including clawchers.

You also should add that winged shell is good level to use as well during the lower/mid levels.
    Sage barb in progress.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Winds of clouds is a bad choice of a weapon, rather get solarslayer is a better choice because of the slow proc.

You are incorrect. Wind and the Clouds is an awesome weapon. It's only flaw is that it is shaped like a child's toy.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options

GTFO sir my wind and the clouds was autoattacking mobs to death even at level 85, before I switched to Broad land. Do you even understand dps?

Also winged pledge is horibble, as I remember, the metal skill tree does full damage, it is even worse at endgame since archers could leap since the morai update. I have never seen a single archer use this skill, including clawchers.

Yes, because level 70 archers have leap, right?

a clawcher would simply take out claws and mow a mob down; no point in using anything for close range

Archer would only ever use this skill in pve doing single mobs, not when running with other people.

Did I mention that the MP cost is over 100 less than any of the metal skills at level 11? Kind of important for a new player to not consume too many MP pots

You also should add that winged shell is good level to use as well during the lower/mid levels.
    50 chi to absorb 1 hit. Good job. Only thing it's good for is as a cheap defense charm in mass pvp if you really have infinite chi to burn

http://pwcalc.com/6d5228f162eaf747 wind and the clouds: dps = ~4930

http://pwcalc.com/ba896d7f29f4cd54 solarslayer: dps = ~3711.5

Not even going to start on chi gain in instances. Oh yea, did I remember to say? You're the autoattack class. THE autoattack class. Any DPS other than autoattack pretty much all sucks. Stop it with the stupid DoT arrows/deadly shot/fully charging take aim/non-level 11 quickshot/metal spamming, lowbie archers
    Channels

edited June 2013
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/6d5228f162eaf747 wind and the clouds: dps = ~4930

http://pwcalc.com/ba896d7f29f4cd54 solarslayer: dps = ~3711.5

Not even going to start on chi gain in instances. Oh yea, did I remember to say? You're the autoattack class. THE autoattack class. Any DPS other than autoattack pretty much all sucks. Stop it with the stupid DoT arrows/deadly shot/fully charging take aim/non-level 11 quickshot/metal spamming, lowbie archers

Lol, and the OP was saying that he/she have problems with money, telling the OP to do more auto attacks with make things worse.

(Mid levels opened with STA in bosses/instance mobs) > Stunning arrow (not on bosses) > Thunder shock > Lightning strike > Thunderous blast > Knockback arrow (aim low for PVP/instance mobs).

With the solarslayer you don't need to use frost arrow as much. DPH is better than DPS (you crit often). Winds and clouds do not have a noticable hit rate. Auto attack class? I know for sure that is a lie, they don't use BOA then?
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Lol, and the OP was saying that he/she have problems with money, telling the OP to do more auto attacks with make things worse.

>autoattack

>money issue

the 2 coin level 1 ammo is a hell lot less expensive than mana pots

(Mid levels opened with STA in bosses/instance mobs) > Stunning arrow (not on bosses) > Thunder shock > Lightning strike > Thunderous blast > Knockback arrow (aim low for PVP/instance mobs).

huge waste of mana. frost--->instantcast take aim--->auto--->knockback--->auto. If you've got a tank holding a mob, in the time it takes to do all that you just hit 16 and a half times with a Wind and the Clouds, and critted at least 3 times depending on RNG luck. Probably 4-5 crits.

With the solarslayer you don't need to use frost arrow as much. DPH is better than DPS (you crit often yes, the fewer times you hit the more you crit. Notice how with that standard build you totally have more crit with solarslayer /sarcasm. And all those sins are totally the worst DDs in game because lol "DPH is better than DPS."). Winds and clouds do not have a noticable hit rate. 19.2% APS loss; have you even played an archer? Auto attack class? I know for sure that is a lie, they don't use BOA then?BoA is a ****ing zhen. Are you actually ****?

Did someone drop this idiot on his head as a baby? I was holding aggro tanking bh59 from level 80 archers with tt80 crossbow with wind as a level 70 something.

EDIT: Did I mention that one of the biggest money savers of autoattacking is that you don't even need to level most of your skill tree?
    Channels

edited June 2013
    Options
    mana pots? Winged shell and concentrate orbs / focus powders / flourish orbs are soooooo expensive...

You must be smart and mature I can't even comment on the rest, it sounds so valid especially for endgame PVP. f:laugh
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    <--used to get by fine questing with mob dropped pots, no apoth at all. b:laugh

and lol, did I say anywhere that I was talking about endgame pvp?

Also point out one good pvp archer that doesn't rely most heavily on stun-QS-autoattack
    Channels

edited June 2013
    Options
    <--used to get by fine questing with mob dropped pots, no apoth at all. b:laugh

and lol, did I say anywhere that I was talking about endgame pvp?

Also point out one good pvp archer that doesn't rely most heavily on stun-QS-autoattack

I have over 5 days worth of those buff apoth alone and get by fine questing and instance runs. I don't even farm/buy much either. They are free/cheap.

Also I don't know about the good DPS archer that relies heavily on that stun-QS-autoattack in endgame PVP :P, you point out one of them.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_932160&feature=iv&src_vid=ePQdlB7orPk&v=fD25ojdDyuI

by the way, I just noticed all you do is bash me and have yet to give any concrete math on how skillspam with solarslayer can outdamage autoattacking with wind and the clouds.

How about you quit diverting the topic and focus on actual numbers? b:laugh Oh wait, you don't have any.

EDIT: Let me show you more math

wep. dmg of solarslayer: (465+1085+64)/2=807 (base dmg + blue add)
    wep. dmg of Wind and the Clouds: [(617+926)/2+(108/2)]=825.5 (base dmg + 1/2 of blue add, which goes to max phys atk only)
    Channels

• Gwok_Jing - Sanctuary
    Gwok_Jing - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    dq farming those levels aint worth anymore if want make money do jolley quest. doing 1 jolley quest is pretty nice money as i hered. and remeber as an archer what i feel is a good offense is a good defense. ranger means keep range hit hard kill fast. u wont need spend on armour too much get a good weap other then that skils dont need level each n every. for moment atleast level quickshot, lightnning strike, sta, wings those mostly u wont be doing many gamma these days so dont bother barrage much for moment . ( just my view) other then that dont bother level any else skils much

so see these points.

1. quickshot ( basic skill lol level it)
    2. sharpened tooth arrow ( hp reduction most squads ask u for that ) max it when can
    3. winged shell ( makes mp recovery and a protective skill)
    4. stuning arrow
    5. wngs of protection
    6.wings of grace
    7.lightning strike

those ill say be pretty enough for now dont need level all at once level one by one dont spend too much on skils atm when cant afford. ( myself did that spend on skils then gears ended up be slow leveler as bad gears wont get good squads for grinding )

Get a good weapon and try jst save coins wont say dont fcc head do it but dont frgt learn ur class else no use u be dead even if u good geared :) well what ever i type is in forums around place.

* spending coins in a plan saves abit too
    * good weapon dont need change weapon all time
    * use divine pots though they aint that great but aint bad
    * all skils i told dsnt mean other aint usefull there are alot more stuff to do but leveling the ones i told help u for curent levels enough.
    * do stuff in squads if can make friends around your level easy n faster leveling.
    * the coins u safe try put in fcc and level faster. dont over spend though as being broke wont help either

Enjoy archer they fun love this class anything else any1 wana point jst add around lol
    every1 have there own way of playing find yours too with time ull have fun. n GLb:bye

BTW dont buy too expensive bow either lol for your level get wings one be good enough or tt70 bow
    but at 85 save for fcc bow that u can use up until 100 lol
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Jones daily give something like more than 800k per day. Wind and the Clouds is free from divines or found on AH on my server for under 200k, much cheaper (and better) than tt70. Leveling past 80 is a bad idea til you have enough coin to carry yourself all the way to 100.

Also, do NW every week. Prices are looking up (on dw, at least) and back when it first started I used to get 20-74 tokens a NW depending on luck with my Wind and the Clouds before I got to 85 and started using Broad Land. Look for nabs with mold weapons.

At 95 the morai slingshot is awesome if you bother to refine it a little ( I +5'd it cuz raps were over 100k still, lol.)

Make sure you get a faction with a base with Leveled heavenly vault. The fac base ammo is free and the best ammo ingame, but only for g13+ weapons

Edit: i got my wind mold for 7k lol, and farmed the mats myself
    Channels

edited June 2013
    Options
    There seems to be some sort of argument over the validity of Wind and the Clouds.

For the most part, it is most effective to attack using normal attacks, and only using skills for the non-damage effects.

Against mobs, the typical recommendation is the following:

Move to max distance from mob -> Frost Arrow -> Normal -> Normal -> Knockback -> Normal the rest

This combination:
    - Uses little MP (saving on MP potions)
    - Overall gains chi (Frost Arrow uses chi, but the rest of the attacks will make up for it)
    - Takes advantage of the fact that normal attacks are faster than skill attacks if you use faster weapons.

While normal attacks deal less damage individually, you can get more attacks in, and thus deal more damage overall. This is the difference between DPS (damage-per-second) and DPH (damage-per-hit).

Against bosses, just open with Sharpened Tooth Arrow, then use normal attacks and sparks. Don't do this in experience instances, as STA will reduce experience if it is used within the top 16%/20% of the target's health.

Wind and the Clouds is the fastest archer weapon in the game, so for levels 70-85, I recommend this weapon. To see damage comparison, please look at the following links. They are a bit dated, but the math is still correct.

- http://i49.tinypic.com/2zzhi04.png
    - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=456402
    - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=531412
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If appears you people have gotten off topic just to rage at eachother at which weapon and skills are good. This thread is about making money, not wasting it.

Just go into Nation Wars twice a week at lv 70, and invest all you get into buying hyper exp stones and rooms in fcc until you hit lv 90, at which either farm in squads or have friends help you quickly farm tt 90 armor set. After that just run fcc to get to 100 as fast as you can, then run bh and more nation wars. They really have ruined the ability to make money for newer players, in what appears to be an attempt to promote even further cash shopping (excused by saying botters in Chinese servers force them to nerf dq). Its hard but you just gotta force your way to 100, crappy gear or not, and then work when you actually have ways to make money faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    To make money as an archer :

1. Sell your car and use that money for cashshop
    2. get r9s3+12 with deity stones
    3. surprise buttsecks everyone you see in NW and get 500+ tokens.
    4. ???
    5. Profit.
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Skill spam uses ammo too...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty