So....Aba and SoT Revamp

Comments

• Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am looking forward to the new challenges,
    got invited to try the one of the boss on SOT today. it was the Old Final boss area one.

1st try we wiped

got up, rebuff went at it again.

Killed it. though the squad wiped- it was just me and a BM that finished it off.

Good to see new challenges, im sure there will be easy ways around it.

How long did it take for people to stop using AOE skills on the last boss in FC (Exp run) or to kill the White mob only in Nirvana.

A perfect example would be all the QQ when the previous BH aba and sot were revamped, there was alot of QQ about how ridiculously hard they were and they are impossible to kill on average characters.

Any problem with them today? no

there will be ways around it.
  • Noodlelicous - Dreamweaver
    Noodlelicous - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They need to change the culti from inside SoT and Abba. Forcing people to be 100+ with good gear just to do something that should be able to be done at lvl 99 is a bit ridiculous.

Exactly. Not complaining that there is a new instance to farm stuff in but that they interrupted the use for SoT and Abba to do that and forcing players to endure it. Like with the WS changes, they didn't make you do the vile bosses or have to protect all of the pavs just to get your BH quest done. Why couldn't they separate it or create a completely new instance?
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i did the new sot today, kinda confusing for the first time, but you just basically need to kill kill and kill not like AEU which you have to hide, blow and do complex stuff together, and first boss we kill dropped mold which kind of suprising b:laughb:laugh
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am looking forward to the new challenges,
    got invited to try the one of the boss on SOT today. it was the Old Final boss area one.

1st try we wiped

got up, rebuff went at it again.

Killed it. though the squad wiped- it was just me and a BM that finished it off.

Good to see new challenges, im sure there will be easy ways around it.

How long did it take for people to stop using AOE skills on the last boss in FC (Exp run) or to kill the White mob only in Nirvana.

A perfect example would be all the QQ when the previous BH aba and sot were revamped, there was alot of QQ about how ridiculously hard they were and they are impossible to kill on average characters.

there will be ways around it.

Yeah your missing the point people that need FB99 for the cultivation won't have gear to do it. Maybe PWCN should put some money into making new content like brand new instances and not make them obsolete like Nirvana. Instead they have to make life difficult for people under 100+ so the OP people can have a challenge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Demoniada - Lost City
    Demoniada - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well well well now... New & harder dungeons, lame rewards - nothing unexpected really. The game client is just closing the margins for mediocre player-base... meaning - those people that do not buy gold. Because you know ... it is a free game, but try to survive anywhere in it after level 80 with your gear from "free gaming" income. Few months ago I wrote some topic about the state of the game and apparently someone in the office was paying attention, because I said that one of the last resorts to free-game customers was the ability to make 7 lvl 100 toons, and play them all for BH rewards every day...

Now the new twist actually excludes this possibility, so bye bye poor people! If you want to be competitive in the game you'll have to dig deep in your pockets, like me from now on! b:bye

Now I know, that this actually means that PWi does not aim to increase the player-base of the game... meaning that the game is nearly ending its life-cycle. So the strategy of the management is to work with what they have until the end of it. Expect more and more OP gear, attainable only with ZEN, and less and less questing, that actually deserves to be done.

Oh well, that's life. b:victory
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Doom, doom, they cried!

Ho hum. Remember when they thought TT 3-3 was too hard? Was it really? No, not really after all, was it now. Lunar, too hard! No, not really. Warsong is crazy hard now! People adapted just fine.

You are so concerned about your own well being and *oh pooie my super easy instance for alts is harder now* that you'll completely disregard all of the more well-geared players (which is a lot of people, GEAR is better nowadays with Nation Wars rewards) who are more interested in finding challenges. Gear has generally outstripped instances, and their complaint has been that PVE is no fun anymore because its too easy. Upgrades to Lunar, Warsong, and the addition of dungeons in morai were some answers to that complaint (were you among those claiming AEU was toooo hard? >.>) and here is another.

Their opinion is probably more important than yours, because if they have better gear, they (a) probably play more, or cash more, and (b) have been here longer, and if there isn't exciting new content may leave. If you are of the level where the old fb99 was a challenge for you, then there is still lots of things you probably haven't done yet, and so you aren't likely to be bored yet. Gear up and stop complaining already!

And in case you haven't noticed, 10 person squads: once people figure out the tricks of fb99 (shocking that something will actually take experimentation and practice!), the added firepower aught to compensate quite nicely for the additional hp on mobs and bosses.

Finally, if you are a sin who is complaining about inability to easily stealth through those dungeons anymore, just go away. I mean, really, lol. Have some dignity.

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    #1 thing I don't like about new SoT and Aba... Takes away book farming QQ
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Doom, doom, they cried!

Ho hum. Remember when they thought TT 3-3 was too hard? Was it really? No, not really after all, was it now. Lunar, too hard! No, not really. Warsong is crazy hard now! People adapted just fine.

You are so concerned about your own well being and *oh pooie my super easy instance for alts is harder now* that you'll completely disregard all of the more well-geared players (which is a lot of people, GEAR is better nowadays with Nation Wars rewards) who are more interested in finding challenges. Gear has generally outstripped instances, and their complaint has been that PVE is no fun anymore because its too easy. Upgrades to Lunar, Warsong, and the addition of dungeons in morai were some answers to that complaint (were you among those claiming AEU was toooo hard? >.>) and here is another.

I love how you assume I'm QQing because I don't have gear. I have gear thank you very much. But yes, I still need a cleric to survive end game instances (as I am not R9 3rd +12). I actually only did my first AEU a couple of weeks ago so no I wasn't crying about any of that being upgraded. If you'd actually read my first post, I ask about the reason there isn't a balance. With Aba being easy with the new update, why is SoT challenging? Why not both Challenging?

Their opinion is probably more important than yours, because if they have better gear, they (a) probably play more, or cash more, and (b) have been here longer, and if there isn't exciting new content may leave. If you are of the level where the old fb99 was a challenge for you, then there is still lots of things you probably haven't done yet, and so you aren't likely to be bored yet. Gear up and stop complaining already!

Players opinions are players opinions and a company should regard them whether they heavily cash shop or not. Most players will cash shop a little. However, not all of us cash shop our way to OP all powerful levels.

And in case you haven't noticed, 10 person squads: once people figure out the tricks of fb99 (shocking that something will actually take experimentation and practice!), the added firepower aught to compensate quite nicely for the additional hp on mobs and bosses.

In cast you haven't noticed, I do know there are 10 people allowed in the instance squad now. Hence why there were 10 people in my squad. I was hoping someone had already figured it out which is why I posted here asking for tips/tricks. Can you just back the *** away and stop attacking me for no reason?

Finally, if you are a sin who is complaining about inability to easily stealth through those dungeons anymore, just go away. I mean, really, lol. Have some dignity.

Clearly my character image on the forums is a Blademaster. So no, I'm not a sin. Now you go away.

Aeliah

My response in red
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013

That was QQing from APS ppl... And the bosses are ridiculously easy as long as no one keeps APSing thus messing up... Those bosses where nerfed so ppl would stop limiting their squads to just Sins, Claw BM's and Clerics... If you had a good squad, TT90 gear would do just fine on those too... f:victory

To the other person mentioning Metal... Yes, it's quite challenging... But it's still pretty do-able is about half your squad is pro-geared... You can make pulls easier by pulling and killing the runners 1st... The only thing that makes it difficult sometimes is that the boss will rage too much if it takes too long... But having some good DD's allong will help a out a lot too... f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That was QQing from APS ppl... And the bosses are ridiculously easy as long as no one keeps APSing thus messing up... Those bosses where nerfed so ppl would stop limiting their squads to just Sins, Claw BM's and Clerics... If you had a good squad, TT90 gear would do just fine on those too... f:victory

Best way to kill pre-rising call abba bh boss is run in spark HF mire EP 15 second kill before it even buffs

To the other person mentioning Metal... Yes, it's quite challenging... But it's still pretty do-able is about half your squad is pro-geared... You can make pulls easier by pulling and killing the runners 1st... The only thing that makes it difficult sometimes is that the boss will rage too much if it takes too long... But having some good DD's allong will help a out a lot too... f:cute

just an observation
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Kusheil - Dreamweaver
    Kusheil - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    About time the instance became difficult. I would be fully open to PWI revamping ALL instances to make people actually think and try rather than "Cleric why aren't you in BB? Seek why aren't you in Vortex, and Wiz.. why are you in squad?" mentalities.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well..in the next few months ive a full account of 8 toons (lvls 96-98) of which 5 will need Abba for fb / culti and 3 for same in Seat. Ivw worked my butt off for 5 yrs getting this far (never doing FCC runs for exp) and now they make those instances so harder its gonna be pain finding squads to help my toons. Either my luck sucks or PWs timing does.

Not Happy .

Well I haven't tried out the new SoT instance yet, but I Just went through the new Abba with a squad on my R8 SIN on a squad that was mimicking an FB for us to all see how it would go now for an FB run in there and let me tell you to my group it was actually easier then old Abba (once ya get past those friggen fiery falling rock areas at the start) the 'Porting npcs' worked wonders to get you to all the bosses in no time flat (took us all of maybe 38 minutes to kill All (and I mean All!) of the bosses in there, then after that we simply ran through & pulled massive groups of the dungeon mobs and then ganked the living H*** outta the rest of them and there was only 2-R9s on our group (1 was a cleric & the barb was the other) if anything I actually feel that the porting to the bosses areas has made this a much better instance in there (and most the mobs in there while having lots more HP then they tended to have before, tend to be weak on attack now, so they're more like paper tigers in there) a competent squad will get you through your FBs in there easily......b:thanks

((PS: the only real problem in Abba was the 'Phys Att Immunity Boss' (short of genies skills "like life drain & etc." My sins only skill that worked on it was the OHT skill 'Condensed Thorn' do to the side effect damage from it, so lean heavily on that skill if your a sin and have that skill when ya go against him))b:pleased

• alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    some ppl told me that the drops are pretty crappy even with 2x.....that means they dont drop books anymore.......some1 know if that is true? D:
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    new sot and aba are cool, but rewards are really not worth....

one spend 30 mins (if r9r3 team) for instance to get buff pills? wtf?

exp reward for quest line is 200k! wtf?

and here we have another worthless instance thats gonna be forgotten in a week or 2

I thought I was gonna get some of those Meridian pills but only 50K and 200K xp?
    Awesome.
    Somebody owes me a freaking HP charm!
    And we didn't see any skill books drop (2x).

Haven't tried Aba yet, only SOT. b:angry
    edited June 2013
    They should have never touched these. They should have just made a new instance or change nirvana. Fb and bhs are going to be twice as hell now.
    +1
    Can't even wine it.
    Gonna be fun doing your 99 culti in HH 90 gear now huh?
  • LIghtingAP - Raging Tide
    LIghtingAP - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    New revamped Abaddon Weekly Quest our first run done at RT server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    I was your first view! b:pleased
    edited June 2013
    just an observation

That works too afcourse... But I was just saying, those bosses aren't even really hard... f:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Doom, doom, they cried!

Aeliah

I agree but the instance can easily be done with average gear, below average gear. The main issue is people don't know how to play their classes and thats why they fail. Clerics who spam squad heals the whole time are of course going to kill their squad. A squad that doesn't save a squishy cleric in need is of course going to kill their squad. Its time people learn to play their classes, because lets be honest here, if you don't know how to play, you will FAIL regardless of your gear in these instances now.

Learn to play and things will go well. Thats my opinion.

And im not saying you cant play lols im speaking in general because us old players have to deal with new players who cant play, or hypered their way from what lvl 60+ - to lvl 100.
    edited June 2013

The only thing that looks really scary here are the boulders and the fact it takes so long... Everything else looks like you'll just have to use your brain... But the boulders do make Mystics a more popular class to have around as well... Which is highly needed... I'm about to try SoT since it's today's BH... I wonder how that will go... f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tried Abba today, was rather interesting, btw in old mode there is Peachblossom Ritualist that still drops skill books, since I got that useless mag ring mold after I killed it, would be easily farmable if it wasn`t for that damn puppeteer need better gear to solo kill it. b:sad

And as for SoT Bh it`s even faster now, takes maybe 5 min to do it, still it will be a pain if you need it for culti.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tried Abba today, was rather interesting, btw in old mode there is Peachblossom Ritualist that still drops skill books, since I got that useless mag ring mold after I killed it, would be easily farmable if it wasn`t for that damn puppeteer need better gear to solo kill it. b:sad

And as for SoT Bh it`s even faster now, takes maybe 5 min to do it, still it will be a pain if you need it for culti.

tried pup, almost died but then he ported me to the box. imho it's not a matter of defenses but killing it within one and a half spark (unless he ports based on hp). the other option is to duo someone to keep him and free you (seeker vortex might be a good idea)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    He spawned a load of venos today, lol

we had 3 venos in squad

purge and amp and puffbirding everywhere

KOSvenos

EDIT: mask of grief's healing can't be stopped by soul degen, purge does not work. Heals to full HP every few seconds, lolwat
    Channels

• Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's these types of threads that entertain the hell out of me. I mean, when I see all the QQ I immediately think of frost babies used to having instances handed to them on a silver platter suddenly having some kind of epiphany that maybe they need to learn to better play their classes and invest in skills and cultis. After all, it's changes like this that are going to make the rest of the party members lose a lot of patience for those frost babies who are too lazy to attain the above mentioned skills and acquire decent gear to use with them.

For those of you wasting precious pixels spewing your QQ about not being able to do cultis in the new instances because "we need level 100+ top end gears to do level 99 cultis" etc, etc You really need to get a life. Not only are these new instances easily achievable with decently geared 9x chars with decent gears for their levels who make a party with members who know how to play their class and know how to work together as a team to combine the use of each other's skills to maximize the effect on the bosses/mobs there is nothing that prevents a 9x char with decent gears for its level to join a party of well geared 10x members who can assist the 9x with its culti. Haven't we worked it like that in the past already.

As others have mentioned once we get accustomed to the new instances we'll adapt and will do just fine. I'm all for any change that actually requires players to put some mental effort into what they are supposed to do in-game.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    self-important holier-than-thou preaching

okay

/5char

on topic: so what of that mask of grief? in all the videos I see some high refined squad takes it down before all the oneshotting and self healing starts. If you killed him, what did you do? do we need more aps DDs to mow him down before he starts healing or what?
    Channels

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I kinda agree with Jadsia, but I don't blame frost. It takes a single day to learn a class better than most people are playing them in pve. -It's laziness. I think a lot of good players left because of the derpa derpa era. Now the new instances are much more aoe oriented (mobs hit lighter, but have more HP). Despite being more AoE friendly; we still have the derpa derpa anti-squad, thought and effort mentality prevailing.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't agree.

I spent FIVE HOURS in abba today doing my first ever new abba run. The squad did have a few derp people in it, but most of us were old-schoolers who know our classes and are somewhat adaptable. We even had 2-3 higher end geared players. Still took 5 hours and a reset because nobody knew what the hell was going on, where to go, what to kill. We read that "kitty goes to abba" guide and didn't get much help from it, watched the "other server PSY does abba" vid and didnt get much help from that either. Utterly confusing, overly complex, requiring a level of teamwork that just isn't going to be possible with a squad of 10 random people.

What used to take 2 or 3 people 10 minutes to do has become a 10-man several hour ordeal. This was PWE's ***-backwards response to people saying "BH is boring, we want more bosses in different dungeons." I really wonder sometimes how the people reading those complaints can misunderstand so profoundly and respond so wrong.

"I want variety" does NOT mean "make it 90% harder and longer." Whoever gave the green light for this should be fired. Better yet, they should be forced to run these dungeons, all day, every day, with everyone who has to do them for bh, culti, fb, whatever.

Those stupid rocks alone at the start of abba are horrendous. They serve no purpose but to tick charm and cause needless deaths. Though I suppose they do help identify who should be kicked out of the squad -- if you can't pass them by lvl 100 you should uninstall and delete your chars, but still, I don't appreciate the needless charm waste.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    They could at least explain what we need to do lol

my squad of G15/G16s and 2 r9 people, one of which was only r9 weapon, got to last boss, with 5 min left. Most of that time was spent wondering about wtf to do becuase everything was so hazy and kitty's guide did not explain half of what we actually needed to do.

There's no need to kill the full abba bosses for culti though.
    Channels

• Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They could at least explain what we need to do lol

my squad of G15/G16s and 2 r9 people, one of which was only r9 weapon, got to last boss, with 5 min left. Most of that time was spent wondering about wtf to do becuase everything was so hazy and kitty's guide did not explain half of what we actually needed to do.

There's no need to kill the full abba bosses for culti though.

I found it pretty obvious.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I found it pretty obvious.

Good for you do you want a cookie? Oh hey I find stuff obvious to I don't expect everyone else that plays the game to be as quick to pick things up as fast as me. Guess I should go brag on the forums...Oh wait I think I just did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT