3 of Assassin lv 11 book are unnatainable.

Options
Nymphali - Dreamweaver
Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Quality Corner
Before the new Rising call expansion, you could search for ○/● Twin Strike, ○/● Puncture Wound, ○/● Shadow Walk in the encyclo and those books would lead you to a 'dropped by' and would point a boss (either Hellfire Abomination or Peachblossom Riptualist back then)

All the other books can be attained through random skill books through Adv. Mystical Pages, Mysterous Pages, Page of fate, Old Book page, EXCEPT these 3.

And now, after the new Rising Call expansion, no mobs/bosses on the encyclo seems to drop these books.

Reforcing my point: No random skillbooks contain any of the 3 mentioned assassin skills.
Post edited by Nymphali - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hellfire and peach still drop the books.

Besides that, as far as I remember, the drop list on those bosses never showed any book drops, nor did it link "dropped by" to them.

Either way, not a bug, they are obtainable, they never were through bookclips.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hellfire and peach still drop the books.

Besides that, as far as I remember, the drop list on those bosses never showed any book drops, nor did it link "dropped by" to them.

Either way, not a bug, they are obtainable, they never were through bookclips.

did you get a drop? (not that I don't think that it's almost certianly a encyclopedia omission)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    did you get a drop? (not that I don't think that it's almost certianly a encyclopedia omission)

This is our current hellfire abomination boss. Scroll down. It's still the same chance to get a book as before, not a lot changed, besides bosses being stronger and looking different.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This is our current hellfire abomination boss. Scroll down. It's still the same chance to get a book as before, not a lot changed, besides bosses being stronger and looking different.

good enough for me :3
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ok, what other class has any skill that are NOT in any of their random books?
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ok, what other class has any skill that are NOT in any of their random books?

psy base skills are not in random books
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    BM's Vacuous Palm is the only other skill I know of that doesn't come from a random book.
  • TechDawg - Sanctuary
    TechDawg - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    psy base skills are not in random books

Yes, the Psychic Spirit Blast and Aqua Impact are also only found as drops from the two original FB/BH99 Bosses (Hellfire and Peachy)
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yes, the Psychic Spirit Blast and Aqua Impact are also only found as drops from the two original FB/BH99 Bosses (Hellfire and Peachy)

lmao peachy b:chuckle
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I got a Battousai sage seeker skill book drop from Hellfire the other day, so they still drop books.
  • zaphodsvenson
    zaphodsvenson Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I know this is a little late on the post and I do agree that the books are attainable; however, I believe that Psychic and Assassins are the only two classes that have books that are only obtainable from Hellfire Abomination and Peach Blossom Ritualist which would make them incredibly rare and hard to acquire compared to other classes.

These skills are (please help me identify any other skills I have missed):
    Spirit Blast - Psychic
    Aqua Impact - Psychic
    Shadow Walk - Assassin
    Puncture Wound - Assassin
    Twin Strike - Assassin
    Vacuous Palm - Blademaster

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe all other classes are available in relatively easy instances (Brimstone and Eden) that seem to drop books quite regularly (I would have to look up the drop rates) while Seat of Torment and Abaddon have been upgraded to pretty much require a squad of 10 and have an incredibly low drop rate for any book and even lower for a specific book. All other class books in these instances are available through Advanced Mystical Pages, Old Book Pages, Mysterious Pages, and Pages of Fate which have been made easier to acquire in recent expansions while Seat of Torment and Abaddon have been made more difficult.

Given all of this, I believe this puts Assassins and Psychics at a disadvantage to other classes, especially when you consider the most recent expansion that allows you to upgrade skills if you have the Level 11 skills required (some of those in the list above).

If I were to suggest a fix it would be to move some of these skills to Eden or Brim as the base three races have or to make them available in the book clips available through the above mentioned page items which would make them the same as the Earthguard races.

Again, I stress that I am not an expert or that this would be a perfect fix so please help me identify if I have missed skills or if I have incorrectly stated something above. Also, the suggested fix is simply to provide a point of discussion towards a fix that would fit within the current system without making it overly easy compared to other classes which would give the opposite situation to the one currently seen.

Thank you.
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    they drop. my friend got them 2 days ago puncture and other friend got twinstriek both from peach b:cute and im still missing twin strike iguess is just of luck b:cute
    altho im not sure if i like elimination if i could go back i would think about it twice.
  • Tveskoeg - Dreamweaver
    Tveskoeg - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I agree they can drop but the rate is a lot lower than for most skills because they are only in the two instances.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I agree they can drop but the rate is a lot lower than for most skills because they are only in the two instances.

That is not why the drop rate is lower. It is lower because those books are on a secondary drop table. Quite a few mobs have them. This drop table is not effected by 2x.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well... this really shouldn't be open still as the books are attainable, even if hard to get.

Thus, this shall be closed instead.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.