Better Moves for Archers

Options
Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Suggestion Box
I think I may be in the minority here, but I feel that archers are getting the shaft. Leap Right and Leap left are a joke well (if you know another MMO). How about a self heal skill and an earth element shot skill?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
Post edited by Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• McBern - Archosaur
    McBern - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    healing skill? it's for cleric and mystic only :)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You have 3 metal skills
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Giving 1 more stun skill for archers will be really good Stunning Arrow isn't that much good & 3 seconds is just too less in terms of PvP or PvE (me thinks).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Princess_Arc - Raging Tide
    Princess_Arc - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    1 more stun skill is b:dirty

but a healing skill like that are for seekrs would be nice for archer b:surrender
    DD_Archer f:fume

i was looking around , playing around f:bike
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Lolwhat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    lol.

I want a healing skill, a defensive skill a la invoke, a skill that bypasses def levels, purge and amp and HF.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    He's talking about self-heals. Archer is currently the only class without any.

BM: Diamond Sutra / Bloodpaint
    Wiz: Morning Dew
    Cleric: lots
    Barb: Sunder / Cornered Beast / Bloodpaint
    Mystic: lots
    Veno: Metabolic Boost / Soul Transfusion / Leech
    Sin: Healing Trance / Deaden Nerves / Bloodpaint
    Psychic: Bubble of Life
    Seeker: Last Stand / Bloodthirsty Blitz / Bloodpaint
    Archer: Charm Ticks

EDIT added more.
    lol.

I want a healing skill, a defensive skill a la invoke, a skill that bypasses def levels, purge and amp and HF.

So you want a veno?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Barb: Cornered Beast / Bloodpaint
    Sin: Healing Trance / Bloodpaint
    Seeker: Bloodthirsty Blitz / Bloodpaint

You forgot Last Stand for seekers (which I am surprised I rarely see used) and Deaden Nerves. I have long been of the opinion that bloodpaint should work on all players' melee attacks (e.g. archers with claws or fists). Most mobs and bosses have far stronger melee attacks than ranged attacks (for those that use both).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • McBern - Archosaur
    McBern - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You forgot Last Stand for seekers (which I am surprised I rarely see used) and Deaden Nerves. I have long been of the opinion that bloodpaint should work on all players' melee attacks (e.g. archers with claws or fists). Most mobs and bosses have far stronger melee attacks than ranged attacks (for those that use both).

LIKED.b:laugh
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Barb: Cornered Beast / Bloodpaint
    Sin: Healing Trance / Bloodpaint
    Seeker: Bloodthirsty Blitz / Bloodpaint

So you want a veno?

lol

/5char
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

I forgot Sunder too for barbs. I knew those 2 had better ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    leap left and leap right is bad? Do you play archer?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2013
    Options
    leap left and leap right is bad? Do you play archer?

Yes and they are. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtkdo7bOmJc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I have a level lvl 99 archer & i didn't saw anyone in my server or any friend of mine complaning about Leap Right & Left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I forgot Sunder too for barbs. I knew those 2 had better ones.

Technically you forgot about the triple sparks of each class that is lvl 89+, and completed their lvl 89 cultivation.

Technicalities/MOMENT of trying to be a mr knowitall... who doesn't know it all aside...

I don't really find them that weak to be honest. (archers) Aye there are indeed some changes that would make life on them easier, but still they in my honest opinion have plenty of things going for them, not to mention I so have a different opinion on the most 'shafted' class in pwi.(Its not hard to find out which one I think that is)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I like playing archer because of its adaptability, but also because it poses a challenge (when you arent full +12 josd like asty). I think that however, instead of adding skills, we could upgrade a few. Maybe make lv 11 stunning arrow and aim low have 100% of stunning/paralyzing instead of that annoying 90% which always seems to fail. Also a heal skill with a decently long cooldown wouldve been nice to add years ago when you actually had to grind, but now a skill like that would just be redundant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'm more annoyed by the fact that our control skill that costs a spark can fail and we can't purge on every skill... BS

Frankly, I'd be happy with BP working for when I use fists.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I like playing archer because of its adaptability, but also because it poses a challenge (when you arent full +12 josd like asty). I think that however, instead of adding skills, we could upgrade a few. Maybe make lv 11 stunning arrow and aim low have 100% of stunning/paralyzing instead of that annoying 90% which always seems to fail. Also a heal skill with a decently long cooldown wouldve been nice to add years ago when you actually had to grind, but now a skill like that would just be redundant.

I agree with you but I still grind I refuse to use hyper stones and I know someone is going to say "Why don't you use them? They're the best"(or something to that degree) honestly I prefer actually earning my level not just standing around in an instance or use an item that I'd have to buy from the shop to raise my experience.

6/20/10 Last day
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I agree with you but I still grind I refuse to use hyper stones and I know someone is going to say "Why don't you use them? They're the best"(or something to that degree) honestly I prefer actually earning my level not just standing around in an instance or use an item that I'd have to buy from the shop to raise my experience.

I hate hyper stones with a passion, but to hell with leveling up normally. People never got to 100 without leveling boosters, before hypers, they stocked up on oracle scrolls whenever they went in the botique. Adding hypers to game actually lost pwi money because it made leveling alot cheaper
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I hate hyper stones with a passion, but to hell with leveling up normally. People never got to 100 without leveling boosters, before hypers, they stocked up on oracle scrolls whenever they went in the botique. Adding hypers to game actually lost pwi money because it made leveling alot cheaper

There are few players who didn't use level boosters, Hell I think I'm among the few that don't.

6/20/10 Last day
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

SHHHH don't tell them that they might remove them and then I wont have an easy way to get a ton of spirit from grindingb:avoid

o and yea archers um shoot arrows that's on topic rightb:avoid
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • whiplashed
    whiplashed Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    wtf you complaining about. archers are pwi golden child. they have access to virtually every skill there is in this game other than a heal wether it be by weapon or skills. they also have range advantage over every class in the game and the damage archers do is ridiculously stupid high.

you can have my seeker heal if I can have my debuffs for pvp. seeker heal useless almost because of the long cooldown and what it heals isn't enough to keep a tank alive and running in tw,nw, or pk.

quit your crying gd baby. archers got it made in this game and you still wanting more.
    change classes if you don't like it. At least you don't have skills taken away from you and crippling your class in pvp events.

gimme my gd debuffs and i'll show stupid who the boss of this game really is in pvp.

lol like that will ever happen. stupid archers must be a fav class of someone high up in pwi someplace because they got the best skill sets, damage, range, and oh yeah did I mention stealth also? fffftt
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    whiplashed wrote: »
    wtf you complaining about. archers are pwi golden child. they have access to virtually every skill there is in this game other than a heal wether it be by weapon or skills. they also have range advantage over every class in the game and the damage archers do is ridiculously stupid high.

you can have my seeker heal if I can have my debuffs for pvp. seeker heal useless almost because of the long cooldown and what it heals isn't enough to keep a tank alive and running in tw,nw, or pk.

quit your crying gd baby. archers got it made in this game and you still wanting more.
    change classes if you don't like it. At least you don't have skills taken away from you and crippling your class in pvp events.

gimme my gd debuffs and i'll show stupid who the boss of this game really is in pvp.

lol like that will ever happen. stupid archers must be a fav class of someone high up in pwi someplace because they got the best skill sets, damage, range, and oh yeah did I mention stealth also? fffftt

Talk about fire under the bridge
    Someone be hatin'
    Maybe gets ranged killed by archers in pk
    >w<
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    edited June 2013
    Options
    whiplashed wrote: »

Yeah...I don't believe you play this. In fact, I think you're just a troll. Also you clearly didn't read my original post. Have a nice dayb:victory

6/20/10 Last day
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If they were to give a self heal to archers tack it onto Wings of Grace. Have it recover like 3000 hp over the 15 seconds of anti stun and damage reduction the skill already provides. Yes I know, 3000 hp is like 1 hit from most people in Nation wars or TW, but I don't think I could safely ask for an amount like 5000 or more, although I am sitting at 15.7k unbuffed hp 5,000 would be spectacular.

While I really don't have any complaints about the Leap right and left skills they were kinda long overdue in my opinion. A leap back like BMs have would have been the best. Archer's thrive on range, and I firmly believe we should be able to leap in all directions because we are the ONLY class with a damage reduction when our opponents get within 5 meters. Yes that means to me: left, right, front, and back all 20 meters.