Game crash Game crash Game crash

Comments

• Shuhadaku - Dreamweaver
    Shuhadaku - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    me and my whole faction is having problems getting into the game... we keep getting an error "The procedure entry point ?GetTotalRam@sysInfo@@QBEXPA_K@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library SysInfo.dll." <-- That's without using ARC. Now when I use ARC and open the game it just freezes and says Not Responding.... any ideas how to fix this?
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i wish we would get a response on this. I dont want Arc on my computer so i wont reinstall pwi.
  • renanzeras
    renanzeras Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i wish we would get a response on this. I dont want Arc on my computer so i wont reinstall pwi.

me too arc sux
  • vukodlak14
    vukodlak14 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At least: 'we're looking into this' from anyone at all relevant would be nice, even if it was a lie.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    vukodlak14 wrote: »
    At least: 'we're looking into this' from anyone at all relevant would be nice, even if it was a lie.
    Here's what I just posted in Tech Support...
    1. This forum isn't for you to get an answer form GM's, if you want that, send in a ticket.

2. The issue isn't with the patcher, and isn't with ARC, it's localized on your system.

3. Since we've narrowed that down, it's most likely, that the issue is being cause by your security software. I say that because this is extremely common, as most users don't bother to follow the instructions on the downloads page.

4. If you really and truly would like some help with this issue, you're going to need to step up and provide some information.

At an absolute minimum, I will need a copy of the output from a dxdiag.txt file, and a link to a published Speccy report taken while you are having the issues.
    (Remember to use the [code] tags for the dxdiag info and to remove any trademark characters so it doesn't get cut off.) (CODE tag is the # symbol in the editor.)
    4 pages and still no one has bothered to provide any useful data so someone could help them.

All of you are just assuming it's an issue with the client/update. Reminds me a lot of when we got the last big update to the game engine and everyone complained that the client was borked.... Turned out they just had **** systems or hadn't ever bothered to check their security software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2013

4 pages and still no one has bothered to provide any useful data so someone could help them.

All of you are just assuming it's an issue with the client/update. Reminds me a lot of when we got the last big update to the game engine and everyone complained that the client was borked.... Turned out they just had **** systems or hadn't ever bothered to check their security software.

I doubt anyone here truly knows what to say about it apart from what they've said already. Even I myself have the issue. I am unable to login on my characters, attempting to do so results in a Bug Report. People who have both auto-patched and manual-patched have gotten this issue.

Sadly I uninstalled the game and I'm currently attempting to install and download from the Arc client until a proper solution comes by.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013

You're assuming that all of us complaining is clueless with computers and haven't even checked these things. Those are always the first things i check when im experiencing problems with games. I've restarted my computer. I've done manual update and automatic update, I've even run as admin, I've checked my security software, And No - i do not have a **** system. I am using windows 7 if you think its windows 8 causing it. I've verified the game.

As MistaBwanden says, I login - i choose my character - and it loads but as soon as it exits the loading screen where its suppose to say "entering perfect world" i get a bug report.
  • vukodlak14
    vukodlak14 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, because it is easier that 2 000 of us submit a ticket and wait for an answer than to answer once on the forums, don't need instant solution, just some answer, anything at all.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As much as I hate to say it... It works with the Arc client...
  • Chukx - Dreamweaver
    Chukx - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well i got mine to run by deleting surfaces.pck and configs.pck
    after i verified it ran fine
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    As much as I hate to say it... It works with the Arc client...

Fantastic f:defeat
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Got mine working now. Copied client over from another pc and it works fine, oh look it wasn't my pc afterall b:bye I don't even have arc muahahahahaha
    edited June 2013
    Got mine working now. Copied client over from another pc and it works fine, oh look it wasn't my pc afterall b:bye I don't even have arc muahahahahaha
    All that means is that it wasn't an issue with your files. It also points to an issue with that PC.

If it works on other PC's and not one of them, it tends to state that the issue is something directly on that one PC that it won't function on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    All that means is that it wasn't an issue with your files. It also points to an issue with that PC.

If it works on other PC's and not one of them, it tends to state that the issue is something directly on that one PC that it won't function on.

Then why does it work? I didn't do anything different on this pc, i just installed it on another pc then copied the client over again to this pc and it worked. So my guess, the patcher didn't copy files correctly, cause there is nothing wrong with this pc, its taken care of better than the other one i copied from.
  • Nalvaes - Raging Tide
    Nalvaes - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The patcher worked for the first patch but not the 2nd one, it just shows the updating bar flashing...Been an hour f:shame

I've tried both on my laptop and a desktop computer...Both have the same problem, gonna see if verifying the second patch works
    Chaos is an ally not something to avoid...After all, how can your foes stand up to you if they have no idea what your next move will be?

Gear and weapons may make strong opponents but even a strong foe can be felled by the right tactics...
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yup, it's the users fault for not being able to launch a game that worked just fine previously.

Yup, it just so happens that so many people have a problem with the patch working.

Yup, it is still the user's fault even though some of us have the latest PC, drivers, and tried everything from verifying, manuals, autos and placed exceptions enough in their security software that a 12 yo can **** into their systems.
    edited June 2013
    aensidhe wrote: »
    Yup, it's the users fault for not being able to launch a game that worked just fine previously.

Yup, it just so happens that so many people have a problem with the patch working.

Yup, it is still the user's fault even though some of us have the latest PC, drivers, and tried everything from verifying, manuals, autos and placed exceptions enough in their security software that a 12 yo can **** into their systems.
    Well, I can definitely tell you that if it works on 99% of the systems out there, (as this appears to), then it's not a problem with the client itself, or the update.

If it were a problem with the client or the update, everyone would have an issue.

Feel free to provide the information I request, along with exact details on what troubleshooting you have done so far, and I'll help you out.

Or, you can sit and QQ and whine and not play like the rest of us are. It's your choice.

Also, just because you have the newest and greatest system, does not mean it will play a game designed for a platform 10 years ago. In fact, you're almost guaranteed to have some compatibility issues, or limitations in the software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • babsy537
    babsy537 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well here is the problem i was running after the update just fine then doin the ring quest in cromagnon flying around finding the npc and i get error now i cant get on my veno but i can my cleric so its not my computer.
    edited June 2013
    babsy537 wrote: »
    well here is the problem i was running after the update just fine then doin the ring quest in cromagnon flying around finding the npc and i get error now i cant get on my veno but i can my cleric so its not my computer.
    It's either corrupt client files, our your veno is in a bugged location.

For the former, follow this post.
    For the latter, select your veno, hit enter, and then hold down the "W" key while the loading screen is up. May take a couple of tries, but that will typically get you off the bugged location. If you try this 10 times and it still doesn't work, send in a ticket.

So in your case, it's possible it's not your system, but it's still possible that it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aasuroth
    aasuroth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hello all, I thought the new update wld be cool, only theres a biiiiiiig problem......
    eveerytime I try to play, it will b fime for a min or so, then I get disconnected from internet....
    my internet connection is fine, I can surf the web, watch movies, shows play other games, etc. with no problem at all, but when I get on PWI I constantly get disconnected from the server AND the internet.....
    plz, update or fix or what ever, I putt a lot of money in this game, and wld b extremely angry if I have to delete it, I am not wasting ne more money on this game at all until it is fixed....
    thx u and have a great day/night............
  • Arobras - Dreamweaver
    Arobras - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    was there any kind of solution to this at all?

I still can't get into the game after selecting my character since the update. b:cry

I downloaded the arc but it says to install PWI and isnt recognizing i have it >.>

I'd rather actually fix my game than Arc unless I *have* to do it.

Any solutions?
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It was working ok for me yesterday afternoon but then it crashed after being logged in for a few hours (bug report screen). After that, the game would crash during the login intro. I haven't tried it today yet. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monkydluffy
    monkydluffy Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does any 1 have the real solution to this?, some said that you need to reinstall full game with arc then he unistalled arc and still works good, if any 1 can confirm this let us know so we can start to download game again QQ, otherwise if there is any good solution let us know, its pretty anonying to see that we dont have support of pw staff b:sad
    edited June 2013
    aasuroth wrote: »
    hello all, I thought the new update wld be cool, only theres a biiiiiiig problem......
    eveerytime I try to play, it will b fime for a min or so, then I get disconnected from internet....
    my internet connection is fine, I can surf the web, watch movies, shows play other games, etc. with no problem at all, but when I get on PWI I constantly get disconnected from the server AND the internet.....
    plz, update or fix or what ever, I putt a lot of money in this game, and wld b extremely angry if I have to delete it, I am not wasting ne more money on this game at all until it is fixed....
    thx u and have a great day/night............
    Sounds like it's either an issue with security software, or a port problem on your router/modem. You might just try flushing your DNS too.
    was there any kind of solution to this at all?

I still can't get into the game after selecting my character since the update. b:cry

I downloaded the arc but it says to install PWI and isnt recognizing i have it >.>

I'd rather actually fix my game than Arc unless I *have* to do it.

Any solutions?
    Not sure why they decided that ARC didn't need to check for currently installed games. Especially since it uses the same location as the previous method.

Just for further clarification, what happens after you select your character?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monkydluffy
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like it's either an issue with security software, or a port problem on your router/modem. You might just try flushing your DNS too.

Not sure why they decided that ARC didn't need to check for currently installed games. Especially since it uses the same location as the previous method.

im going to repply on this maybe all have the same problem, in my case you can log good and choose your char but game crash before enter the game when the loading screen is it

b:bye
  • Arobras - Dreamweaver
    Arobras - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Logging in- I put in password and select my char like normal, but then it bug reports- every time. I've verified twice. I used the manual patch. So idk what's up.

Arc- the FAQ says if u already have a game u wont need to redownload. I really dont care about Arc at all, I just want to get into PWI =/
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just redownloaded new client as well as this new arc., after letting the program verify after installing. i tried to log into game. as soon as the first screen loads up i get disconnected and get a wierd error message " 1/4'OO01/2....., sorry buy my keyboard doesnt have these wierd characters

also using windows 8, not sure off hand if amyone has posted fixes, will have to take a look in a bit
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • monkydluffy
    edited June 2013
    well i got mine to run by deleting surfaces.pck and configs.pck
    after i verified it ran fine

as Last try i did this and wooooot it worked, i tried the method of verify 3 times and nothing, i just delete this 2 files then start client and Verify again, it takes few mins while the patcher download again the 2 files missing, after this the game is working again , i hope it helps some 1

b:dirtyb:bye
    edited June 2013
    Logging in- I put in password and select my char like normal, but then it bug reports- every time. I've verified twice. I used the manual patch. So idk what's up.

Arc- the FAQ says if u already have a game u wont need to redownload. I really dont care about Arc at all, I just want to get into PWI =/
    This sounds like a bugged location. Do you see the loading screen? If so, Hold the "W" key down on the loading screen. You may need to try this a few times. If is still fails, send in a ticket.
    just redownloaded new client as well as this new arc., after letting the program verify after installing. i tried to log into game. as soon as the first screen loads up i get disconnected and get a wierd error message " 1/4'OO01/2....., sorry buy my keyboard doesnt have these wierd characters

also using windows 8, not sure off hand if amyone has posted fixes, will have to take a look in a bit
    That's a new one. Will need more information to analyze it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    getting the same sort of errror but i get mine after the first splash page has loaded, the i get kicked out an get an "error" message with thse same KIND of symbols.

??? how are you copying those error windows by the way..f:ponderf:ponderf:ponder .i have done a verify of the client,,,yeowch that took awhile, but still no change.
    Very same issue, Open launcher, click start and get this:

2ic5k47.jpg

Click OK then nothing.

Or, go to install folder and try to open element.exe directly, and OH WOOPS, element.exe NOW OPENS Launcher!! Rinse and Repeat.... Start.... and:

2ic5k47.jpg

what do we do?
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]