Keeps crashing

Options
Slewdem - Dreamweaver
Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Support Desk
hey all i just updated the game but every time i try to log in it keep crasging with the bug report screen how do i fix this
Bahamas represent
Post edited by Slewdem - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There's few option i can suggest you try them & see if they work in your favor or not.

1).Use Verify option from launcher (do it back to back 3 times in a row). Might take some time to complete depending on your system so have some patience.

2).If u have updated your game through manual patch try to re-apply it.

3).You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7/8, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

4).Your antivirus or firewall software could be blocking it. Adblock and NoScript-like programs do not play well with games. You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

Hope it resolves your issue.
    b:victory

Also there are few users having this same problem so it's really hard to predict whether the problem is in PWI's end or user's end becoz not everyone is having this issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There's few option i can suggest you try them & see if they work in your favor or not.

1).Use Verify option from launcher (do it back to back 3 times in a row). Might take some time to complete depending on your system so have some patience.

2).If u have updated your game through manual patch try to re-apply it.

3).You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7/8, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

4).Your antivirus or firewall software could be blocking it. Adblock and NoScript-like programs do not play well with games. You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

Hope it resolves your issue.
    b:victory

Also there are few users having this same problem so it's really hard to predict whether the problem is in PWI's end or user's end becoz not everyone is having this issue.

Yea i tried the verify thing still crashes hope i dnt have to redownload the game all over againb:cry
    Bahamas represent
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yea i tried the verify thing still crashes hope i dnt have to redownload the game all over againb:cry

From my experience i don't think re-downloading isn't the solution for this issue, but just incase if your anti-virus has already ate the files then there's nothing much can be done except re-install freshly or re-downloading it. Check your anti-virus ?
    b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options

From my experience i don't think re-downloading isn't the solution for this issue, but just incase if your anti-virus has already ate the files then there's nothing much can be done except re-install freshly or re-downloading it. Check your anti-virus ?
    b:shocked

will disble it now an see how it goes
    Bahamas represent
  • no1gamer
    no1gamer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Guys what can i do, im also having trouble getting on to the game since the update, is their a simple and much easier way to sort this problem? im not the most technical person when it comes to computers.. but i sure love the game, please somebody help me i want to get back to pwi, thanks.b:surrender
  • IMafia - Archosaur
    IMafia - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    okay this is starting to frustrate me, i shouldnt have to take my laptop to a technician and pay my good money for him to sort out this buggy client.. can someone please let me no what is going onb:angry
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    hey all i just updated the game but every time i try to log in it keep crasging with the bug report screen how do i fix this

same issue here but only when i logg 2nd char 1 is oke but 2nd will keep crashing highly annoying
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Chukx - Dreamweaver
    Chukx - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    ok i deleted surfaces.pck and configs.pck
    based on wut i read out of my errlog
    and after a validation the game runs fine

gl all
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    Options
    ok i deleted surfaces.pck and configs.pck
    based on wut i read out of my errlog
    and after a validation the game runs fine

gl all
    Most likely your antivirus software "cleaned" the files and corrupted them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chukx - Dreamweaver
    Chukx - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    seeing as i dont have av on my gaming pc i dont think so
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    Options
    seeing as i dont have av on my gaming pc i dont think so
    I've heard this many times, and then once I get a Speccy report, I discover that the user actually does have something there.

In any case, provide the requested info and I'll look into your specific issue, otherwise, you're on your own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]