PWI Challenge Mode

Options
venogoddess
venogoddess Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
The purpose of this guide(?) is to make PWI more challenging and unique. In my experience, I was the most emotionally invested with my character when I leveled it up the hard way. My intention is to make an interesting challenge, in the spirit of PWI from the pre-pack era, that will test your patience and skill. This guide is intended for anyone that wants to play a more challenging game or is just bored.

Universal Rules

[*]*No Hyper Stones until level 90(Exp Scrolls are still allowed)

[*]*No Tideborn quests

[*]*No Oracles of any kind(Including the ones from beginner packs or drops)

[*]*No Realm of Reflection

[*]*All FB's and culti's must be completed at level(IE at 19, 29, 39, etc this means that you have to do the mob quests for 69)

[*]*No Rep Badges

[*]*No Crafting Training

[*]*No Perfect Questmaster

[*]*Daily's must be finished... well, daily(Includes BH's, Divine Contracts, Bounty Orders, Crazy Stone, Base Quests, Fan Mail Exchange, Cube of Fate, World Quest :(, Order Divine Contracts, Treasure Hunter, and OHT map daily's)
    [*]*Must learn all crafting skills, at level, up to level 7.

Optional Rules

[*]*Dungeons may only be completed by people within level range of the corresponding instance(IE FB19 may only be completed by a group of players levels 19-28)

[*]*All high end gear must be personally crafted and farmed

Useful Resources

PWI Wiki
      Interactive World Map(Useful for mat collecting)
      Database
      Skills
      Point/ Gear Calculator

If you can't find what you're looking for here then you aint finding it ever.

Feel free to leave comments, suggestions, or constructive criticism.
      Post edited by venogoddess on

Comments

• venogoddess
        edited June 2013
        Options
        I will be playing on Lost City with an Archer name Beagalltach.
      • GenericBrand - Archosaur
        GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
        edited June 2013
        Options

[*]No Bounty Order Quests

Did you mean Bounty Hunter Quests? Because if that is not a typo then you'll be relying mainly on quest coin rewards and catshopping skills.

I recently tried something like this (minus the complete FB/cultivation with at level squad) and it's MUCH easier to level even with all the restrictions you've outlined. Levelled with quests only; no BH/FC/oracle(the char was made when supply stash was disabled). Started the tideborn quest chain to gain 5 levels. I was expecting to hit lv60 in several months time but it ended up being closer to a couple weeks time. Didn't even play that much. About once every few days for 2-6hrs.

Lv1-20 => approx 2 days
          20-30 => less than a day
          30-40 => few days
          40-50 => less than a week
          50-60 => a week

Levelled fast but was poor as hell, even with the boost to quest rewards. Never went out of my way to farm. I couldn't buy the equipment AND skill upgrades I would have liked. Had to choose between armor and class skills. I did pick a rather expensive class though, so that's my own fault.

Actually, I think I will do this on a new server just as you have outlined with some extras to make it more exciting. No BH/Bounty Order/FC/Tideborn quest chain/Realm of Reflection/Oracles/Rep Badges/freebie HP and MP charms/Dreamchaser pack or whatever.

One-man army/Justice quest spam here I come~

Hmm, which server to choose...

Edit: starcode of Harshlands reporting for duty. Figured PvP server will make this all even more challenging.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        • Beagalltach - Lost City
          Beagalltach - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
          edited June 2013
          Options
          Did you mean Bounty Hunter Quests?

No, I meant Bounty Order form Old Jones.
          Hmm, which server to choose...

Edit: starcode of Harshlands reporting for duty. Figured PvP server will make this all even more challenging.

Good luck comrade.
        • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
          PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
          edited June 2013
          Options
          repeating stuff more times =/= hard mode imho. the only rules that make it hard are the optional:

[/LIST]
          Optional Rules

[*]Dungeons may only be completed by people within level range of the corresponding instance(IE FB19 may only be completed by a group of players levels 19-28)

[*]All high end gear must be personally crafted and farmed

if you want to keep the grind spirit you might also want to throw in an oracle clause
            you only purge once #yopo
          • javiermontero
            javiermontero Posts: 0 Arc User
            edited June 2013
            Options
            repeating stuff more times =/= hard mode imho.

Well maybe not necessarily harder, but more challenging.
            if you want to keep the grind spirit you might also want to throw in an oracle clause.
            There is already an oracle clause.
          • Diarmuoid - Lost City
            Diarmuoid - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
            edited June 2013
            Options
            Made a wizard in Lost City.
          • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
            Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
            edited June 2013
            Options
            Good luck. Personally I hate wizzies. Least you will be powerful level 80+
            By the way I hate them because it is hard to grind with them.

Could add a rule for races used. (ex. human, elves, and/or untame)

Edit: Putting this here so the latter post is easier to read.

Universal Rules
            No Hyper Stones until level 90(Exp Scrolls are still allowed) - agree
            No Tideborn quests - exp less important compared to charm - disagree
            No Oracles of any kind(Including the ones from beginner packs or drops) -agree but, supply stash seems fine.
            No Bounty Order Quests - agree
            No Realm of Reflection - agree
            All FB's and culti's must be completed at level(IE at 19, 29, 39, etc this means that you have to do the mob quests for 69) - agree
            No Rep Badges - agree
            No Crafting Training - agree
            No Perfect Questmaster - agree

Optional Rules
            Dungeons may only be completed by people within level range of the corresponding instance(IE FB19 may only be completed by a group of players levels 19-28) - Unless you make a faction - disagree
            All high end gear must be personally crafted and farmed - too many crafts to learn - disagree
            Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
          • Zheii - Archosaur
            Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
            edited June 2013
            Options
            Oh this is a neat idea! I might give it a shot with my Mystic, I doubt I can last though D: I'm so impatient 'xD
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
          • phoenixwar
            phoenixwar Posts: 0 Arc User
            edited June 2013
            Options
            `been there done that, takes a few weeks to get to lv80
            takes like a week now cause quests give more exp.

not sure the time between 80-90, did 80-87 on my veno without FF or hypers or training estorica but took a while
            edited June 2013
            Options
            http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Rank_and_Reputation

Useful to add so it's quicker to obtain from Arc.

For rank points, easiest obtain would be Venomous Ghouls at level 20.
            more frags, mobs are right there.
            -

Was thinking about subject

Bounty Hunter Quests requirements:

1.) Must complete all quests obtained.

Optional: 2.) Must be up to date on rank gear.

Second one I couldn't think of a good idea at first.

I thought:

Could be have a requirement of 300,000 and though nah you would get bored more easily.

Could do 100,000 for up to 90+ and proceed 100+ 200,000, 101+ 300,000 then thought nah most of this will probably take place before this.

Then thought hey why not just be up to date. This way 1.) not going to think it is too insane. 2.) it's a reasonable challenge.

Of course you will need your own faction near endgame for Medals of Glory tho. Unless you share.

- -

May not purchase cs items.

- -

May only use one crafting skill.
            Optional: May only use NPC gear cept handcrafted gear.

This one is popular in regular rpgs.

- -

Optional: Work towards a perfected genie. - Every 10 lvls need 10 Lucky Points. - Use for cele frags.

Keliska - RT 70
          • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
            Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
            edited June 2013
            Options
            Do you have any freaking idea how hard it is to have rank gear up to date above rank 1, without buying oodles of Wraith Officer Badges?
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
            thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
            edited June 2013
            Options
            Not all that hard. Tasking but, not hard.

Would save you $60+ dollars.

/problem would be gaining r9. xD

Keliska - RT 70
          • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
            edited June 2013
            Options
            I farmed Secret Frostcover Grounds for stamps all through my 50s on my current main veno, feeding excess XP to 5 genies, and managed to get 10000 rep while level 59, but most classes don't have the option to solo-farm instances for stamps while still low level (and drop rates are still decent), and there aren't any stamp drops in instances after Valley of Disaster. (There are Dogtag and Officer Badge drops in higher level instances, but these are so rare they hardly put a dent in the rep required for higher rank.)

Please, share your plan for achieving 100,000 rep by level 99, and another 100,000 rep by level 100. At 60 some-odd percent through level 101, I'm at about 66k rep, and I think I used enough badges from my shop to get up to 35k rep for rank 6 (to get the top) at 90.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
            Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
            edited June 2013
            Options
            Interesting idea... perhaps a bit of motivation to see some more lower-levelled players ingame. Wouldn't that be a treat. :)

On a side note, a lot of us who started playing before most of these easymode options were introduced got to where we are without any of them ;) It's a little strange to see "hard mode" listed as the way I played the game from the start... I guess it's just a testament to how long I've been kicking around. lol

Anyways, best of luck. :)
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
            Sig pic by Nowitsawn
            edited June 2013
            Options
            I farmed Secret Frostcover Grounds for stamps all through my 50s on my current main veno, feeding excess XP to 5 genies, and managed to get 10000 rep while level 59, but most classes don't have the option to solo-farm instances for stamps while still low level (and drop rates are still decent), and there aren't any stamp drops in instances after Valley of Disaster. (There are Dogtag and Officer Badge drops in higher level instances, but these are so rare they hardly put a dent in the rep required for higher rank.)

Please, share your plan for achieving 100,000 rep by level 99, and another 100,000 rep by level 100. At 60 some-odd percent through level 101, I'm at about 66k rep, and I think I used enough badges from my shop to get up to 35k rep for rank 6 (to get the top) at 90.

after 95 morai makes it "really" easy; I'm sitting at 25k rep atm and 15k is from morai leftovers (points I got after buying book+pet; have been in 2 orders). I remember farming badges in fb19 during 2x as a 6x psy; that should be easy for other classes too. borderline braindead too. I guess the most efficient way is to farm mats and make armor/weapons for rep.
          • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
            edited June 2013
            Options
            OK, I'll concede Morai rep jades, but have you actually tried making 2*s to level your skills from farmed mats, let alone for the weapon/armor/ornament collectors? Efficient isn't the word I'd use.

Right now the most efficient way at 60+ is treasure maps.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            edited June 2013
            Options
            OK, I'll concede Morai rep jades, but have you actually tried making 2*s to level your skills from farmed mats, let alone for the weapon/armor/ornament collectors? Efficient isn't the word I'd use.

Right now the most efficient way at 60+ is treasure maps.

nope. lvl1 crafting skills (except apo) here XD
            oh treasure maps are 60+? then yeah.
            so you need 1000 rep at 40 and 2500 at 50.
            or go with gear level so everything is 60+.
            apparently It's not thaat bad.

well yeah, relatively effient compared to farming badges from dungeons. You can't really rely on FBs and wraith invasions. Oh you could do one man army quests. You'll probably need to do a lot of grinding anyway.

but yeah, it's a slippery slope that might lead to "kill only lvl1 mobs to level up" and you become a glorified bot XD
            edited June 2013
            Options
            could do one man and use mirages for refinement .. just to kill faster at least.

Keliska - RT 70
          • venogoddess
            edited June 2013
            Options
            Was thinking about subject

Bounty Hunter Quests requirements:

1.) Must complete all quests obtained.

I've made this a universal rule along with most other daily's.
            Optional: 2.) Must be up to date on rank gear.

Second one I couldn't think of a good idea at first.

I thought:

Could be have a requirement of 300,000 and though nah you would get bored more easily.

Could do 100,000 for up to 90+ and proceed 100+ 200,000, 101+ 300,000 then thought nah most of this will probably take place before this.

Then thought hey why not just be up to date. This way 1.) not going to think it is too insane. 2.) it's a reasonable challenge.

Of course you will need your own faction near endgame for Medals of Glory tho. Unless you share.

This would make the low levels insane, I remember doing FB's for weeks and weeks just to get Rank 4.
            May not purchase cs items.

I would consider this if you changed it to no charging zen, because if you're merchanting or just want to obtain something that comes from cash shop with in-game gold, this would be extremely limiting
            May only use one crafting skill.
            Optional: May only use NPC gear cept handcrafted gear.

This one is popular in regular rpgs.

I've actually decided that learning crafting will be a universal rule, it only took me a day to get the mats to get from 0-3, four days to get the mats for 3-5 and, I haven't gotten to this point, but I remember that I got from 5-7 just grinding to level up.
            Optional: Work towards a perfected genie. - Every 10 lvls need 10 Lucky Points. - Use for cele frags.
            Added.

In addition, I've removed the rule on Bounty Orders.