PWI: Rising Call - Questions and Answers! [2013-06-12]

Comments

• Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you seriously planning on releasing this expanded NW map without enabling server vs server NW?!
    http://i.imgur.com/mPdoujt.jpg

That would be a very bad move. That map is designed for cross server NW and is way too big for a single server.

Seriously?.......I mean seriously?..........I pray that's a joke on their part.

I'm seriously looking forward to running these. b:thanks

animisk0 wrote: »

Think I saw something about this on Bubble's thread, didn't think we were ever getting it so I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    8? I think you need to count again. It's still the same 4 nations as always.

open ur eyes wider its 8 different letters means 8 different nations why would 1 nation have 2 letters
  • Chikers - Sanctuary
    Chikers - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it does seem too massive for one single server ,i totally agree!!

At first I thought that was a troll photoshop via asty, but regarding all these serious comments and the fact that they did revamp the nw map now I'm worried

:<
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    open ur eyes wider its 8 different letters means 8 different nations why would 1 nation have 2 letters

Look at the big base outlines, only 4 like the current map!
  • /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver
    /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wrote my questions below in red
    v4liance wrote: »

Get ready for a flood of updates, as Rising Call will include:

- Expanded Nation Wars Regional Map
    Will u guys do something to help prevent base lock on some nations and will you finally release all the other NW forges?
    - Two new Nation Wars battlefield maps
    Do something about "fairness" sometimes the way NW split players makes one nation to be incredibly OP
    - New Venomancer Pets
    Will it be boutique acquirable only? Will mobs from around Tellus will become tame-able?
    - New Venomancer Evolution system
    Will this benefit/affect mystic in any way?
    - Updated and revamped high level instances
    Does this mean nirvy is coming back?! Will there be and "advanced FC"? Are you rising the lvl cap?
    - The powerful and potent Meridian System
    Please dont let it be something useless like Realm of Reflection and don't make it so we have to buy it from the boutique --> Will there be a way to "freely" farm for this stats?
    - New quests
    - New equipment
    Does this include new rings/necks/belts in particular? Will this new equipment compare to the r9r3?
    - And more!

b:bye I'll wait for some answers b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kharybdis - Harshlands
    Kharybdis - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • crishan11
    crishan11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why no update for sins
  • Kharybdis - Harshlands
    Kharybdis - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    crishan11 wrote: »
    Why no update for sins

Sins don't need an update.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2013

and all this time I thought there were only 4 nations... 8 letters must have 8 nations \o/
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • aetherlinesey
    aetherlinesey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and all this time I thought there were only 4 nations... 8 letters must have 8 nations \o/

wow you did not know we had 8 nations? wow mega noob, I guessed we had 8 cause we had 4 bases 4 colors and 4 icons, so must be 8 right?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wasn't answered earlier but, +3 Def shards coming out?
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wasn't answered earlier but, +3 Def shards coming out?

No they are not
  • /ONI - Heavens Tear30
    /ONI - Heavens Tear30 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wounder if the meridian system is like the system in final fantasy 11. on that game the lvl cap was 75 when it first came out and after you reached 75 you could gain xp and after so much xp you could add a merit point too one of your stats. Just a guess though, but seeing how we are unable too lvl past 105 adding a system that lets you add points too your char could keep people playing that have reached lvl 105. in FF11 u could add a merit point after like 20k xp. i know one thing i would like too see but dont think pwi would impliment it which is a sub class. like in FF11 i was a 75 ranger/37 ninja.
  • Damonischer - Lost City
    Damonischer - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Meridian system?
    We'll have a detailed look at this on the news page soon. For now, I can say that this system will give everyone the chance to permanently increase their stats!

- Val

why do i feel this will just help they already super OP cser's get even further ahead and nothing for others
  • BoomBastic - Lothranis
    BoomBastic - Lothranis Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it just me thats RLY worried about these +2 atk gems? My full vit sharding is now 10000% down the toilet.. I never had any real problems with any of the other updates most ppl qQ over.. but this one.. i will qQ...
    Even if i get full +2 def lvl gems, the +2 atk lvl gems will spank me so hard i want to crawl back into mothers womb and eat cookies.. // b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol ppl, dont say "are they serious" with the map, yes its big cause in china its cross servers.

but for us, yes its a joke, they better keep the one we have now, or not worth to go at all to have empty wars
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So since this question was semi-answered but not entirely. My question is Val, are we getting the +3 Attack and Defense lvl gems? Also are DoDs, DoTs, and 10 stars being put into the NW forges like they are in China? Another gem related question, are we going to be getting the +20 Vit and the +15 dex/str/ and mag gems? I know the +20 Vit stones are out there in the game somewhere, just not on our version.

One last and final question. Are our current R9S3 armors and weapons getting reskined? I heard something of this potentially happening because China got to keep their models of r9 and choose to make them pretty or whatnot via the NW forges. Is something like this happening or should I just deal with the hideous *** Firmament I have?
  • LolaElv - Heavens Tear
    LolaElv - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i'm excited for this expansion... b:chuckle
    Poisonous Crew f:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StewieGrifin - Archosaur
    StewieGrifin - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can see all the g16 people quiting due to have theyre ***'s handed to em from everyone else ..as it is now anyways, is there +4 defence lvls to counter the +2 atk lvls? as far as im concerned pwi's spiral of decent in killing the game has taken the rate of death to another level.

im full +12 JOSD atm and Dot psys and sins etc hit me hella hard as it is..psys gonna one shot me now lol. if yer gonna do this alteast remove purify proc from psy's cuz theyre way to over powered atm.
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will there be a reforge for the Weapons of the Sages? Something that adds some attack levels maybe?
    b:beg
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can see all the g16 people quiting due to have theyre ***'s handed to em from everyone else ..as it is now anyways, is there +4 defence lvls to counter the +2 atk lvls? as far as im concerned pwi's spiral of decent in killing the game has taken the rate of death to another level.

im full +12 JOSD atm and Dot psys and sins etc hit me hella hard as it is..psys gonna one shot me now lol. if yer gonna do this alteast remove purify proc from psy's cuz theyre way to over powered atm.

LOl Bullcrap. Anyone with +1 Attlvl gems in gear was counted as dumb. +2 attack level does make attack level shards a little bit useful. glasscannon style ftw?
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, will public quests be fixed and fully functional again???b:cry
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, one-shot is still one-shot regardless of the overkill power...and we've had the one-shot phenomenon for a while now but we have yet to see how it effects PvP.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just hope it will have a unique recipe so you can`t combine existing DoT`s like you can DoD`s to make a JoSD so all the people buying DoT`s now are screwed b:cute , yes I`m evil :P
  • StewieGrifin - Archosaur
    StewieGrifin - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LOl Bullcrap. Anyone with +1 Attlvl gems in gear was counted as dumb. +2 attack level does make attack level shards a little bit useful. glasscannon style ftw?

different servers roll different ways to suit pvp/pve +1 DoT is considered stupid in my opinion but works well for some classes +2 DoT will put people at 160 almost attack lvls me having 100 defence lvls meaning they have 30-40% more damage if im being nailed as it is what about the people without JOSD shards?
  • KillerHippie - Heavens Tear
    KillerHippie - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When will the next level cap increase come out? With all these revamps of high level instanes and focusing on your high lvl players, why not give them somewhere to go?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When will the next level cap increase come out? With all these revamps of high level instanes and focusing on your high lvl players, why not give them somewhere to go?

I don't know how true it is but I remember people saying that increasing the level cap is not an option. Apparently when Wanmei purchased this game from Archosaur studio, they decided to merge levels 101-150 into 101-105 or something like that, which explains the huge jump in EXP needed when you level up. This was done because the content for level 109+ wasn't finished so basically there was no content beyond that.
    If they tried to raise the level cap now, they would break the EXP tables so we might be stuck with 105
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zenunim - Archosaur
    Zenunim - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At this point, my only real concern with the update is toward the new veno pet system. Overall it sounds pretty nice (I translated the Chinese update ages back), especially the pet evolutions and the easier leveling, but I haven't heard confirmation yet that the pets' stats being affected by char stats is purely positive. If pure mag builds are going to suddenly start finding their pets' hp suffers or such, that's a rather serious problem.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At this point, my only real concern with the update is toward the new veno pet system. Overall it sounds pretty nice (I translated the Chinese update ages back), especially the pet evolutions and the easier leveling, but I haven't heard confirmation yet that the pets' stats being affected by char stats is purely positive. If pure mag builds are going to suddenly start finding their pets' hp suffers or such, that's a rather serious problem.

It rather depends on the soulforce like everything else. I don't think they calc all stats in, especially not the stats themselves. Maybe Attack Stat and HP and stuff like Mystics...but I guess even with NPC gear they will be much stronger then before.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • imperialangel
    imperialangel Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First off *pulls Desdi's tail* O.O
    I hope there is some balance to the pets being linked to stats because lets be honest while veno pets are useless end game and in pvp have you tried actually killing an end game veno? Stuns, invulnerability and damage returns plus stupid high def in fox form and running at mutant speeds with purge. If I had to worry about their bloody pets as well it would be even more of a nightmare.
    Would be nice if DoD were forgeable some how... Shut up I can dream too QQ
This discussion has been closed.