Flame Tsunami

Options
Superfeng - Lost City
Superfeng - Lost City Posts: 125 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Blademaster
I just noticed, yes I just did, that they changed this skill so that you can use it under 75% hp instead of 40%.

I am not sure they increased the damage output too. But, does anyone use this on a regular basis in pvp? Is it good? What do you combo it with?
Superfeng - Level 101 Lost City Blademaster, retired.
Post edited by Superfeng - Lost City on

Comments

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    If i am not one hit by a caster, i use smack+flame tsunami. Smack = 18m, flame = 10m. Most people die with this combo if they are squishy.

Sometimes if i catch a caster with low hp, that is tanky, i use blade hurl+hf(mire from genie)+flame tsunami and hope someone else can finish them off. While i have the person disabled on the weapon. Very rare this happens though.
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I dealt 19k to a r9 wiz with flame tsunami ground to air. Howerver I have no idea of the wiz armor was r9 or not, I just saw the weap.
    This is the hardest hitting single skill in my opinion. I think its better than BM 100 skill flash, simply because axes got GOF and no good sword does. However....I dont have flash
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1519451

Damage didn't change, just the stun % chance, and % hp to cast.

I used to use it all the time prior to auto-pot, but now it's very hard to control with an auto pot constantly healing you. You usually only get a few seconds to decide when to use it, which may not loop with a stun-lock combo before your charm either ticks at 50% or your HP food heals you above 75%.

When I do manage to be able to use it in proper timing with my other stuns to loop a stun-lock it's amazing because it doesn't cost chi and is a 90% chance to stun for 3 seconds; much more reliable than aoelian blade and hits much harder.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Superfeng - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I dealt 19k to a r9 wiz with flame tsunami ground to air. Howerver I have no idea of the wiz armor was r9 or not, I just saw the weap.
    This is the hardest hitting single skill in my opinion. I think its better than BM 100 skill flash, simply because axes got GOF and no good sword does. However....I dont have flash

I've had vaicase test Flash on me before the skill update. It was complete trash.
    It didn't get that much better after the update though.
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I've had vaicase test Flash on me before the skill update. It was complete trash.
    It didn't get that much better after the update though.

The skill description of Flash is misleading. The damage comes in two parts:

1) [150% base physical damage + 300% weapon damage] This part can actually zerk crit.

2) [200% of your HP as bleeding damage] This part cannot zerk or crit, but has 2x of your critical hit rate of dealing 1.5x damage. And this part ignores attack and defense levels.

Although these two damages occur simultaneously, the bleeding damage won't be shown in the damage log (just like Blade Tornado damage).

Since the second part ignores attack/defense level and its damage is only based on your HP, you can use this skill with any sword (level 1 just to troll). To achieve maximum damage, first make sure your opponent does not have BM buff or any other sort of physical defense buff, then you can restat to full vitality build and Barbarian buff is a plus, and do:

Roar > Glacial Spike > Tangling Mire > Tree of Protection > Flash

As a side note, start with full HP that way after Tree of Protection your charm won't tick which will make your HP % higher than your opponent's.
  • Superfeng - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hey ray!
    You still playing on sanc. or somewhere else?
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    this skill is a pain to low pdef class, only way to use it fast is when you got killed on NW b:laugh