Archer stealth?

Options
yamabear
yamabear Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Archer
I know it cant be like sin stealth... how does our stealth work?
Post edited by yamabear on

Comments

• XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    In terms of your visibility to others, it functions the same. However, your speed is reduced to .1 meters per second and -as far as I'm aware- you can't holy path with it, you you're dependent on your jumps for any motion. As with sins, getting caught in aoes or hit by someone with stealth detection will knock you out of stealth, as will anything that puts you into a fighting stance.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • yamabear
    edited April 2013
    Options
    oh ok well i believe thats fair tho could u imagine an archer with the mobility of sins stealth.... n I have always believed that u shouldnt be able to holy path in stealth period or use any spd increasing skills in stealth.... stealth is to be undercover moving slow and calculating each step not to be invisible and move really fast...

im glad archers got stealth tho.... thats gonna be fun =)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Very useful for escape from non-105 sins and non-sins

stealth leap stunning arrow faceroll
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sagitarios - Lost City
    Sagitarios - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ok so i know i jus made this account like 3ish days ago......... n i jus posted this post on the boards... but now it isnt allowing me to post.... its sayin i have probation period again...
  • yamabear
    edited April 2013
    Options
    nvm i figured it out its cuz i changed my avatar.... wierd...
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's not that great. You cannot holy path/speed apo/alacrity to boost your speed in stealth. The only motion skills allowable are the leaps from Corona. I use it for trolling and, occasionally, to let a charm tick. It is neat in that it grants 31 stealth levels, meaning sins that are the same level cannot see you.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • XTJSoGangsTa - Lost City
    XTJSoGangsTa - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    not great at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brisingraz
    brisingraz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    not great at all

I disagree with that, its great for escaping R9rrr or highly refined T3 non sin class's (PVP,NW,TW) that are chasing you. Very few people actually have anti stealth pots on hand and doing this has saved me many a time. Also you can kill the frost bishop in FC to get a full frost pull if there isn't a sin in squad.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The most common way I see it getting used is archers stealth to get bloodvow off cooldown, 2 spark like a sin, bloodvow the enemy, usually forcing the enemy to waste his apoth or genie and then they follow it up with a stun and kill combo once those are wasted.

If it fails, they rinse and repeat until it doesn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The most common way I see it getting used is archers stealth to get bloodvow off cooldown, 2 spark like a sin, bloodvow the enemy, usually forcing the enemy to waste his apoth or genie and then they follow it up with a stun and kill combo once those are wasted.

If it fails, they rinse and repeat until it doesn't.

Sparking in stealth cancels it, regardless of whether it's 1,2, or 3.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    if so, then archer stealth is different from sin stealth.
    Only triple spark cancels stealth for a sin,
    double spark and one spark don't cancel stealth,
    that's why you sometimes see pker sins stealth
    and use double spark + windshield to kill targets in their aps focused gear.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yer supposed to stealth in a bigger fight to throw off target and let your charm tick, then leap to position yourself so you can fight again. Even if people have stealth pots, they typically can't/won't track you after leaps in the middle of a fight.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Archer stealth IS NOT supposed to be like sin stealth. Think of Archer stealth as a camouflage. You hide and wait, giving yourself time for apoth, skills, or charms to cd and you can re-engage your opponent at full strength. To be honest its great to get that short bit of time you may need to kill a target. I enjoy it especially with the leaps.
  • Nalvaes - Raging Tide
    Nalvaes - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Interestingly, flame arrow will throw you out of stealth too f:stare
    Archer stealth seems like it'd be best used if you can one hit people f:confused
    Chaos is an ally not something to avoid...After all, how can your foes stand up to you if they have no idea what your next move will be?

Gear and weapons may make strong opponents but even a strong foe can be felled by the right tactics...
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Interestingly, flame arrow will throw you out of stealth too f:stare

This is most likely intentional, as they wanted an easy way for you to leave stealth. The stealth skill itself has a long cooldown.
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This is most likely intentional, as they wanted an easy way for you to leave stealth. The stealth skill itself has a long cooldown.

This.

If you stealth and there's nothing in your range to hit, that's pretty much the only way you're gonna leave stealth. Either that or wait for your leaps to cool down a few times to reach something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Eolos - Raging Tide
    Eolos - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Question can an archer use stealth to avoid detection by some bosses? Or the bosses that dont see us with stealth on we dont have to hide from them cause we can tank them?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Question can an archer use stealth to avoid detection by some bosses? Or the bosses that dont see us with stealth on we dont have to hide from them cause we can tank them?

If the boss is your level or lower, then yes. If it's a ? boss, then never, as those are level 150.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If the boss is your level or lower, then yes. If it's a ? boss, then never, as those are level 150.

This. The only time you can stealth past level 150+ bosses was if you were a Sin back when Share the Stealth first came out. They already fixed it, but for a brief period of time Sins could stealth past ? level mobs/bosses for 5 seconds.

It made things like the Jungle Ruins and Cube of Fate even easier xD.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Very useful for escape from non-105 sins and non-sins

stealth leap stunning arrow faceroll

Not really, especially if they are near another player with that insanely slow speed f:laugh . Now if the other player have detection potions and they catch you right there, that's even worse.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Not really, especially if they are near another player with that insanely slow speed f:laugh . Now if the other player have detection potions and they catch you right there, that's even worse.

whole combo takes about 2 seconds to set up and 3 more seconds to get the stun out

The lag between clicking stealth pot and it activating and them activating an attack is enough
    Channels

• Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    whole combo takes about 2 seconds to set up and 3 more seconds to get the stun out

The lag between clicking stealth pot and it activating and them activating an attack is enough

Depends on the char and situation, as a BM, Will of the Bodhisattva (your stun will fail you during those 15 seconds of anti stun) and most likely he'll stun you before you even stun and follow up with a nasty combo.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    yes because that person will immediately burn a spark on will.

Whisper shot and kite, in that case
    Channels

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Or just double jump over his head and fly/drop around. I really don't prefer using sparks unless I really need to.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty