Returning to game after Years due to college

g0d0fd3ath
g0d0fd3ath Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

I used to play a long time ago on Sanctuary (i think that was the name) - Just around the first year anniversary time - (and well don't even remember my login details) so I'm deciding to start afresh.

I was wondering how the game's doing, is it going to be hard for me to start off? Would it still be worth playing? Are there still enough players playing, or is the game slowly dying? (I remember the anniversary packs back then were causing a few of my guildmates to quit, and left with no friends is why I ultimately quit so I could concentrate on college.)

I remember playing a fist BM and a wizard, both around level 59 or 69.

How's the levelling? And more importantly, which server has the friendly people :P

Edit:

Man why on earth did I pick such a stupid forum name >.<

Edit 2:

I'm thinking of a cleric (or priest or whatever the healing class is called) or an Assassin, how would I find lower level PVE on either of these 2 classes? Will i struggle to get level ups?
Come and play Jade Dynasty with me!
In USA-East The Billows, my name is DeadIySin. My Inductor ID is 3670062X033805043008574Z3f4d22
Post edited by g0d0fd3ath on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Leveling is very easy now. The experience from low level quests has been buffed a large amount. You can do quests until level 80, and then from there it's not hard to get squads for "FCC" to level up more.

Sanctuary is still one of the better servers so come on back to it.

Clerics are popular for squads and so are blademasters. Assassins are a very strong class for soloing but not as desirable for squad play (mainly because there are way too many of them).
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    g0d0fd3ath wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I used to play a long time ago on Sanctuary (i think that was the name) - Just around the first year anniversary time - (and well don't even remember my login details) so I'm deciding to start afresh.

I was wondering how the game's doing, is it going to be hard for me to start off? Would it still be worth playing? Are there still enough players playing, or is the game slowly dying? (I remember the anniversary packs back then were causing a few of my guildmates to quit, and left with no friends is why I ultimately quit so I could concentrate on college.)

I remember playing a fist BM and a wizard, both around level 59 or 69.

How's the levelling? And more importantly, which server has the friendly people :P

Edit:

Man why on earth did I pick such a stupid forum name >.<

Edit 2:

I'm thinking of a cleric (or priest or whatever the healing class is called) or an Assassin, how would I find lower level PVE on either of these 2 classes? Will i struggle to get level ups?

leveling to 100 is pretty easy now on any class, you'll actually find yourself slowing down just to get coin together for gear.

I would recommend you make chars that can share gear in an account stash if you want multiples.

Sanc is still one of the most populated severs.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    Ganden - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I recommended looking around forums in general section and in the server you will play on forum also. I played this game for 4 years and just recently quit due to the game heading down hill. I think that you will get a few months play time before you realize the current and bad state the game is in right now.
  • g0d0fd3ath
    edited June 2013
    Leveling is very easy now. The experience from low level quests has been buffed a large amount. You can do quests until level 80, and then from there it's not hard to get squads for "FCC" to level up more.

Sanctuary is still one of the better servers so come on back to it.

Clerics are popular for squads and so are blademasters. Assassins are a very strong class for soloing but not as desirable for squad play (mainly because there are way too many of them).

leveling to 100 is pretty easy now on any class, you'll actually find yourself slowing down just to get coin together for gear.

I would recommend you make chars that can share gear in an account stash if you want multiples.

Sanc is still one of the most populated severs.

Ok that's nice. Is there a shortage of clerics or something? Is it easy to find parties for dungeons and stuff? Also Would it be hard for me to get the end game gear if I didn't use cash shop? (I'm a casual player)

Plus all of you are from sanctuary, so I guess I'll start off there :)

Currently waiting on the client to download (why on earth is it 6GB!!!?! It was hardly 1.5 or something long back) :P
    I recommended looking around forums in general section and in the server you will play on forum also. I played this game for 4 years and just recently quit due to the game heading down hill. I think that you will get a few months play time before you realize the current and bad state the game is in right now.

What exactly is it that makes the game bad ?

edit: Let me rephrase that, what made you quit?
    In USA-East The Billows, my name is DeadIySin. My Inductor ID is 3670062X033805043008574Z3f4d22
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    g0d0fd3ath wrote: »
    What exactly is it that makes the game bad ?

edit: Let me rephrase that, what made you quit?

What made most players quit during 2008-2013 has been these main points:

1.) Lack of customer support. Tickets are the only way to contact PWE directly, and often they are ignored, or responses come weeks later in the form of ignorance or a bot-like response.

2.) Pay to win. Expect either extremely heavy merchanting for quite some time, or dropping one or two grand in the game in order to be on par with the other people who have done this in PvP/NW. The main source of income by means of actually playing your toon, is currently Nation Wars - which is a PvP instance.

Unless you drop a lot of money in the game or do heavy merchanting, expect that many people who roll on toons that did cashshop, will call you fail, noob, etc.

3.) Unbalanced gear/classes, bugs that have been overlooked since beta and after, constant nerfing of free to play aspects, constant sales that push the in-game gold currency rise in price, etc.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • g0d0fd3ath
    edited June 2013
    Damn that sounds bad. I'll give it a try for a week or so. BTW, any good way to make money other than merchanting and cash shop? Maybe grinding? I like grinding usually.
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well there is 4 new classes for you to choose if wished.

-Tideborn-
    Assassin - Stealth dps class whom takes over as tank at endgame due to damage output and self healing abilities.

Psychic - Fast Channeling Mage with longer CD. Uses Voodoo Skills for protection.

-Earthguard-
    Seeker - Sword only Melee. Uses some metal magic. It's 59 skill replaces Archers in zhenning parties.

Mystic - Veno/Cleric hybrid. Uses pets, debuffs and healling skills. Best part is there not gender bound. :D
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do yourself a favor. Don't listen to alot of these people and play the game and see how you like it. Only you can decide that. i still like it. b:victory going on 3 yrs
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game is fun for me still. Not a lot of underlevel players in the game tho. At least for RT.
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • FaelanRain - Raging Tide
    FaelanRain - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I still love the game and Ive been playing since the begining. It has its dull spots but still is a good stress reliever.
    Beagan agus a ra go maith
    *translation*
    Say little but say it well.
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    HT is the most active server as of today. If that helps at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep {HT-server} is one of the 2 most populated left (in-game servers) lots of people from the other servers have been relocating to there lately, since their old servers are getting to slow for their likings...

As for coin making early on they've added new daily quests with excellent pay off rewards to the Jolly old Jones NPCs in the race starting areas (mind you though its limited to 1 character in a 10 level bracket that can do them each so if ya build up like a 41st lv chari for 1 set get more charis to like 52nd / 63rd / 74th so you can so multiple daily sets for more coin) and I don't remember what level they exactly start at but ya loose them once your in your 80s for levels...

Clerics are rarer then they used to be back then when you were last on ~ But Mystics are also very much in demand ~ Since they have not only (healing skills) but also have nice old (Rez spells) that they can cast on themselves & other people at the starting of instances (that last for long periods of time) incase of squad wipes, plus they also have combat pets like Veno's (so they come in handy as both caster/healers & combat classes) so you may also want to try them out as a class as you restart... b:victory
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Make a character and at least get to level 80, IMO the game don't start till then :p Get into a faction and be on the look out for Dreamchaser pack codes, that pack gives you nice equipment : ) money saved and nice gear to grind with
  • g0d0fd3ath
    edited June 2013
    Where do i get these dream chaser pack codes?

And i'm trying out an assassin first :)

Currently around level 10, started up on Sanctuary by the name FlyingPants. Will be playing more today :)
  • seitori
    edited June 2013
    They usually have the pack codes on {PWi's} facebook page aswell as the link to activate/renew and send it to whoever you want to send the gear to ~ Be aware though all the gear from the pack except 1 & 2 star dragon balls are limited to your character you sent it too (even the blue bear mount) but the code renewal is pretty much just like the anniversary rewards when it comes to activation of it, so you should have no real probs on how to do it if ya remember the anni packs renewals....b:thanks

Also remember that the gear you get from the pack (armor wise & etc.) cannot be sold after its been bound to you but can be exchanged for Poultice powders from an NPC once you out grow the earlier gear types and exchange it for the newer level 1s as you progress, so all ya do there is basically head to the 3rd npc near south banker & boutique agent in Archo city (for example) choose the Exchange opt. from his listings & then match the gear type you want to trade-in for the poultice powders as you progress, so its a pretty easy way to get good buff powders (like 40 or so) as you near the end of the gears you can trade-in B4 ya get to the last set you'll wear....b:victory

Oh 1 more thing, use the Dragonballs on the final 45th level gears and weapon to get atleast 2 of the final sets pieces to +5 (so you might wanna get your weapon and chest piece for instance to +5 with them, since the +5 dragonballs you'll get can only be used on those gears (and no other non-pack gears) anyways....b:bye
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seitori wrote: »

Oh 1 more thing, use the Dragonballs on the final 45th level gears and weapon to get atleast 2 of the final sets pieces to +5 (so you might wanna get your weapon and chest piece for instance to +5 with them, since the +5 dragonballs you'll get can only be used on those gears (and no other non-pack gears) anyways....b:bye

That's not true actually, they can be used on any gear under g8, but the gear must be bound to your account (binding charm). I know a couple people who bound lower level weapon mold weapons to their chars and used the orbs on them instead of the dreamchaser weapon.
  • seitori
    edited June 2013
    That's not true actually, they can be used on any gear under g8, but the gear must be bound to your account (binding charm). I know a couple people who bound lower level weapon mold weapons to their chars and used the orbs on them instead of the dreamchaser weapon.

Weird, I'd tried twice with such bound gears other then the pack 1s and it just kept saying no to me (even though the bound equipment was even under the balls level limiter)???

Oh well, guess it must of just been a bad day for me when I did, in the end I just went back to refining the pack gears to get rid of the +5 balls....b:chuckle