Discussions of Other PWE Games

v4liance
v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,

I've decided to clarify / modify some of our existing forum rules.

Currently, it's against forum rules to discuss or name other MMOs on the forums. These rules are intended to prevent spam, advertising, or other actions that could derail legitimate conversations on our forums.

That said, there are certainly situations in which it can be constructive, or at least not disruptive, to discuss outside games.

For now, I'm going to try a new forum experiment, and I'll be open to feedback from you all on how you think it's going:

I'd like to allow the discussion of other PWE games on our Off Topic and Fanatics sub-forums.

Obviously, this test is very limited in scope - two sub-forums, and only PWE games. But I'd like to see how we, as a community, can engage in discussions like this.

Some basic ground rules:
1. Keep it civil :)
2. No posting as a means of advertising the other games.

I'll keep an eye on how things go, and we can talk about where to go from here :)

If you've got any questions, please post them here!

Thanks!

- Val
Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First barb reply!

I think another helpful place to see this would be the suggestion forums, so that if someone is trying to describe a suggestion, then they could reference another PWE game.

- Crix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So posts like this won't be allowed in General Discussion?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19234501
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    LOL! f:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First thing I thought of, ehe x3. Oh well. 'ey, Asty.
    --anyway, I won't play any PWE games anymore (sometimes I randomily feel like going through a lunar or cube, but that's about it for old time's sake), so I can't really contribute much, but I thought it was kind of a thing waiting to happen ('specially after the whole Never thing) and before I always thought it was generally stupid to be discouraged, 'cause same company, monies going to the same place...
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Zing!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Hah! Touche.

I'll have to write myself up for an infraction later :P
    First barb reply!

I think another helpful place to see this would be the suggestion forums, so that if someone is trying to describe a suggestion, then they could reference another PWE game.

- Crix

That's not a bad idea, and I'll definitely keep that in mind as I keep an eye on the effects of this temporary rule modification.

- Val
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hah! Touche.

- Val

Oh Hey, you busted! f:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • mayaral
    mayaral Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good theme

I like to see a mechanical dungeon daily quest and daily events like Forsaken World in pwi.
    World luck bounty hunter, personal luck Bounty hunter, nighmare carnival..... and other exemples.
    I think the very rich faction system in forsaken world, especially the system of bases.

Like perfect world in general, but many things forsaken world are more fun and le$$ boring.

Sorry my bad english b:cute
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hah! Touche.

provide screenshots!
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    mayaral wrote: »
    Good theme

I like to see a mechanical dungeon daily quest and daily events like Forsaken World in pwi.
    World luck bounty hunter, personal luck Bounty hunter, nighmare carnival..... and other exemples.
    I think the very rich faction system in forsaken world, especially the system of bases.

Like perfect world in general, but many things forsaken world are more fun and le$$ boring.

Sorry my bad english b:cute

I don't think this is the right thread for this LOL. Maybe make your own thread in the Off-Topic Discussion forum, or wait until Val gives the go-ahead to use games as references in the Suggestion Forum. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought talking about other PWE games was already allowed, there have been alot of posts reference other PWE games here, just that games not ran by PWE could not be mentioned and were either deleted/depthed or edited out by a mod/gm.

Thanks for the update b:victory
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    I thought talking about other PWE games was already allowed, there have been alot of posts reference other PWE games here, just that games not ran by PWE could not be mentioned and were either deleted/depthed or edited out by a mod/gm.

Thanks for the update b:victory

Nope. I've seen quite a few threads either depth'd or closed for mentioning other PWE games. Even the MODs think that it's a silly rule. It's about time we get some positive changes to these pointless things. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Nope. I've seen quite a few threads either depth'd or closed for mentioning other PWE games. Even the MODs think that it's a silly rule. It's about time we get some positive changes to these pointless things. b:cute

Somewhat.

On one hand, I can see people saying that the game sucks, it's bad compared to blah blah blah, etc. But on the other hand, I can see people just talking about other games, just to talk about them in general, not being all negative.

But this is a good start, and I hope it turns out well.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tried all the other PWE games.. and none of them could grab my attention as well as PWI has :/.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If the discussion is limited to certain areas, the advertising should be limited the same way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    has any1 else noticed the neverwinter ad beside the edit your avatar click?
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Weird I always thought that other PWE games were legal on PWI. I mean wasn't there a question previously about fashion. I was going to mention the Modo's Lvl. 15 Gear as fashion due to it being pretty awesome looking.
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    What's strange is that I've seen people talk about Pok (S.O.A.B, typing that word cut my thread off QQ) Pokemon, and those threads (and posts) haven't been deleted. Can a MOD clarify why that is?

I do have a theory, however, and I believe that the reason may be that Pokemon is a console game, and not a MMO, so PWE doesn't feel that discussing a game such as this poses a threat to them.

Is this theory correct?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    What's strange is that I've seen people talk about Pok (S.O.A.B, typing that word cut my thread off QQ) Pokemon, and those thread haven't been deleted. Can a MOD clarify why that is?

I do have a theory, however, and I believe that the reason may be that Pokemon is a console game, and not a MMO, so PWE doesn't feel that discussing a game such as this poses a threat to them.

Is this theory correct?

Yes, here is the forum rules. Which doesn't include this update because atm it's a temporary rule change. They can be found here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63291
    No discussion about competing MMORPG's (including other versions of PW) and other similar games on any of these boards. This includes other Free to Play games. This includes discussion about competing gaming companies.

Discussion of console, handheld, mobile & non-MMORPG/non-Free to Play PC games are allowed in the Off-Topic Forums only.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    Ahh thanks for that Venus.

Edit: This brings up another question. How would Iphone/Android games be handled? I know of a game called "The World of Magic aka TWOM". It can hardly be considered an MMO, much less a competing one at that. If this is something considered against the rules, I know that it'll more than likely be edited, but as this topic is a topic about rules, I do feel it should be unedited and left for people to view, as it is for clarification purposes. I know that some of these small smart phone games have interesting features, and would be great to reference in the event that Val does allow such references in the Suggestion Forum. At this point, I'm wondering how small, unpopular games such as this are handled when brought up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, late-ninja'd.
  • Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands
    Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I personally think that as long as the game in mention is related only to PWE, it should be permissible to be mentioned anywhere within the forums. I do enjoy comparing and contrasting between this and another certain PWE game and honestly, I like unmentionable's UI FAR BETTER than PWI's. PWI's is just so out of date or allow a customizable UI between different set PWE games.
    Soul_Ripper_ Lv 98 Sage Assassin Leader: MyLtlPwny

If you see this, then the thread has been PONIFIED!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flutterbat is going to steal your apples! b:shocked
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally I think PWE should allow mention of any PWE game in any forum, negative and positive, because either way you're playing and supporting the company, whether you prefer one game over the other. And as a company, that's pretty much all they care about right?

And if you're not playing PWE games anymore, go troll the forums of the games you do play b:bye
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cool can you resurrect mine from a couple weeks ago that I made describing why I decided PW was so much better than NW.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Cool can you resurrect mine from a couple weeks ago that I made describing why I decided PW was so much better than NW.

I did very soon after this was even announced, js. :P

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What is the point in talking about another PWE games if the topic made in this forum are not even read or been reply too in the fist part. Is this away to get the attention away for the current problems?
  • Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands
    Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    soleida wrote: »
    What is the point in talking about another PWE games if the topic made in this forum are not even read or been reply too in the fist part. Is this away to get the attention away for the current problems?

Not likely a way to get attention away from the problem, but to be able to openly discuss other PWE games could incite some changes of our own to enhance PWI's functionality and many other aspects that could in fact make the game easier to use and able to be customized to the way we wish. f:victory
    Soul_Ripper_ Lv 98 Sage Assassin Leader: MyLtlPwny

If you see this, then the thread has been PONIFIED!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flutterbat is going to steal your apples! b:shocked
  • Cupidd - Momaganon
    Cupidd - Momaganon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I coulnt make new thread for idk reason but nvm
    Why do we have east /west servers like 2x pve + 1 pvp (or whatever) and only PVE EUROPE?
    Lot of europe ppl whats to play pvp and we need to play them at other timezone server?
    Is is so hard to open pvp europe server?b:surrender
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The EU players couldn't even support two PVE servers, and PVE servers are more popular than PVP servers by all indications available outside PWE headquarters (currently 3 PVE servers for each PVP server); what makes you think an EU PVP server would pay for itself?

(People have been crying for a new PVP server nearly as long as I've been playing, and there's no indication that PWE is going to add any new servers, let alone a new PVP server.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga