Vacuity powder and will of the bodhisattva

Options
Bashmaster - Raging Tide
Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Quality Corner
Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but, I've noticed from pulling lunar on my blademaster that if I use will of the bodhisattva and use a vacuity right before it ends so i don't get frozen, the vacuity is supposed to over-write the effect of will of the bodhisattva right? wrong. It didn't overwrite it and just ended when will would have ended, its done it multiple times and I would like to know why it doesn't do like it should.
Post edited by Bashmaster - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You could use ironguard right before it ends rather than vacuity powder (both cost about the same on Archosaur, I don't know if that is the case on your server).

But you are right that the antistun buff normally overwrites. I have seen barbs chain antistuns with vacuity powder in the same way and it works as expected. I don't know why it would work differently for a BM. I can try it on a sin and see if it will chain with maze steps correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I use Shadow Binding pots for pulls in lunar.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Anti stun buff does not override. I don't believe this is a bug.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Lt_chosen - Heavens Tear
    Lt_chosen - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It's not a bug, you just have to wait for the skill to be totally done befor clicking vacuity... If you clicked vacuity too soon it will cancel out the skill and the apoth will be wasted
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I had the problem with the barb skill Violent Triumph and the Vacuity Powder. If I click the Vacuity before Violent Triumph ends, then the Vac never activates and my anti-stun ends with the VT skill. So what I do now is look at the buff icon under my character panel and have my mouse hovered over the Vacuity and click the vacuity when I see the anti-stun icon disappear.

So just because the Vacuity is used second, it won't overwrite the first anti-stun I guess because Violent Triumph prevents movement status ailments and maybe it sees the Vac as a movement status ailment instead of a movement immunity buff.

I don't like the way the skills are described because it seems contradictory the way they operate since Vacs seem like a buff to me and not an ailment and VT is an immune to ailment skill. It took me a long time to realize what was happening, when the Vacs seemed to end way before the time should allow. I hope something can be fixed, but they will probably come into this thread and call it a "Convenience Feature," and move on to some "Cherry Picking," which makes them look good in the short term while more serious business down-played.

Violent Triumph
    A frenzied will possess your body, making you temporarily
    immune to stun, freeze, and most other movement status ailments. Last 10 seconds.

Vacuity Powder
    Makes player immune to all movement debuffs for the next 20 seconds.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide
    Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    100% legit bug .. i used to spam bodhi + vacu in tm69 all the time and vacuity wud allways overwrite the bodhi... it changed to not overwriting long ago tho .. like after skill revamp update.. its a pain to time it btwn pulls... it shud be back the way it was and overwrite b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvy for Epic Sig <3
    - Sage BM 0.87aps and loving it <3
    youtube.com/channel/UCaZIAPCmpfzSc1ly3mbhjdg
    pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d somewhere close
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It's kind of annoying with archers since if you cast wings of grace and alacrity too close together you end up losing the immunity buff entirely instead of it being extended.

I agree it would make more sense if that buff would refresh. Archer blazing arrow also has that problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It seems like it is similar to the previous bug of the cleric's magic shell buff not overwriting. Since it's a buff, I think this should be an easy fix to implement! Just my thoughts though.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It's been a problem for me too when I use Sage Unfetter.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    It seems like it is similar to the previous bug of the cleric's magic shell buff not overwriting. Since it's a buff, I think this should be an easy fix to implement! Just my thoughts though.

Easy to fix, yes. Will they fix? who knows.

That's game logics.
    Stun doesnt overwrite
    Sleep doesnt overwrite
    Antistun as said by the op doesnt overwrite
    Defense reduction from devour/dimensional/ironwood scarab seal overwrites
    Same for Elemental seal
    HF/bloodvow/demon parasitic doesnt overwrite each other
    Subsea strike doesn't overwrite extreme poison, rendering subsea strike's description lieful.
    Freeze effect doesn't overwrite
    Critical hit chance buff doesn't overwrite, rendering powerdash useless if you get demon Strength of Titans buff from party member.
    Stealth effect has counter-overwrite method: If i use share the stealth beside a stealthing team member, i take him off stealth.

And god's sake: Make blazing arrow overwrite itself. b:angry
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    And god's sake: Make blazing arrow overwrite itself. b:angry

YES!

I find it so irritating. *Any* buff should be able to overwrite itself so that you can refresh it before things like bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I disagree that this is a bug. I believe that this is an intentional feature put in by the devs to require more skill to play your class. If you can chain vac powder, then you can have 30+ seconds of no break anti-stun. As it stands, it is more balanced because you must be skilled at the game in order to pull off such stunt.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    As it stands, it is more balanced because you must be skilled at the game in order to pull off such stunt.

Skill in pwi = who can click the buttons first b:surrender.

To me that is not skills, that is why i like the auto pot feature, it used to be "skills" to be able to click your hp pots while fighting, most people don't even do it, and it frees up more slots for a bm to put skills and remove pots/charms from shortcuts.

Often times in pull, it is that 1~2 second that you wait for a skill to end and start the next one that the mob will seal/freeze you. Even if the skill says the effects are removed, the original seal/freeze will remain even if the skill/buff/apoc is active at that time. If you are sealed, you cast will of bodhi, the immunity part will only kick in after the original seal has worn off, even though the skill is active.

The above is a matter of interpretation, but to me, the seal should have been removed as soon as i used the skill, or i should not have been able to use that skill while the seal was in effect. Otherwise the word "immunity" holds no meaning.

As others pointed out, same thing happens with other skills that share icons as well, things get over written. Super annoying when you use demon roar and someone else uses lvl 1~2 roar.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    That bug has got me killed so many times in NW >.< The problem is: Even if you time it nearly perfect. Due to lag and stuff it always get myself freezed or stunned just in that blink of an eye before I could possibly hit the vac powder and so on. This is disaster in NW especially and annoying in Lunar.

A fix would be appriciated (:

BTW: This is the exact same problem as with cleric magic shell and applies to any movement debuff immunity buff (funny word chain xD)
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    That bug has got me killed so many times in NW >.< The problem is: Even if you time it nearly perfect. Due to lag and stuff it always get myself freezed or stunned just in that blink of an eye before I could possibly hit the vac powder and so on. This is disaster in NW especially and annoying in Lunar.

BTW: This is the exact same problem as with cleric magic shell and applies to any movement debuff immunity buff (funny word chain xD)

So pretty much what you are saying here is that you want to be an unstoppable flag running machine, sounds legit b:bye
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    So pretty much what you are saying here is that you want to be an unstoppable flag running machine, sounds legit b:bye

o.o? that has nothing to do with being unstoppable. It's more annoying in PvE.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    o.o? that has nothing to do with being unstoppable. It's more annoying in PvE.

You said it yourself