Items randomly unequipping/equipping

Options
Annalyse - Heavens Tear
Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Quality Corner
I've been having a problem for quite some time now with items randomly equipping or unequipping themselves. It seems to have a higher rate of occurrence after leaving an instance but has happened at other times. For example, I'll leave BH and my hat will appear in my inventory. Or I'll go to NPC things after BH and notice that my shirt has switched out with a junk NPC shirt that I picked up as a drop. I know it isn't just me experiencing this since I talked to at least one other person with this problem, but at the same time it does not seem widespread so I don't know what is causing it.

But yesterday a pair of wings from a Dreamchaser pack I'd opened randomly switched themselves out with my Spectral Haze, and I then NPCed the Spectrals with the other junk thinking they were the Dreamchaser wings. So I'm getting pretty irate about this bug.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
Post edited by Annalyse - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    i can confirm this
    a couple days ago my tome got unequipped on my veno
    and now guess whose mount isn't as loyal as b4b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I had this happen along time ago with my first lunar cape i farmed. Wasn't hard to replace, I just bought a LGWT instead of farming it again, but yea, its annoying when it happens.
    I just make it a point to look at all the gear i have on now before npcing anything and if somethings unsharded or unrefined i look through all the junk in my bag.
    I've had people tell me 'oh its because you clicked an item by mistake and it swapped them out', .. but that seems rather impossible to me when i don't open my bag at all until i get to the npc to sell the dqs/junk drops.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This always happens when im moving the camera around with right mouse button and press B at the same while. Then I accidentally unequip a cape, belt or ring >.>

PS: I always check twice what im NPCing before clicking 'OKAY IDGAF FTS'
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I usually do check carefully as well. In this case however, I knew the pack had given me a flyer, and since they reuse the same icons for everything these days I didn't think to check. I know that was my own fault (though I really wish they could make different icons for new items.... or hell, at least just give them a different color. Can't tell you how many times I have almost NPCed TT mats thinking they were DQs).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This definitely does happen but I have never been able to reproduce it other than the method stated above (press B while holding the right mouse button - if there is an item underneath the position of the cursor when your bag appears, it gets used/equipped), but I am certain it has happened to me before without me opening my inventory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Never experienced that.
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I can confirm this. Lower levels I use to accidently npc my gear. :(
    But even now my rings comes off at times.
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hi all,
    can anyone get me reproduceable steps for this?
    I tried moving my camera ten times till sunday while pressing the B button repeatedly with no results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    @geno Keep your inventory open, and whenever you move the camera around, make it so that when you let go of your right mouse button, it would be over a piece of equipment in your inventory. Sometimes it would unequip that item, even though you're trying to move the camera.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    1) Open inventory
    2) Right click and hold while over an equipped/equipable item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I know it can happen when you are swinging the camera holding right click, and happen to press B to look in your inventory at the same time. There is a chance the cursor could happen to hit one of your items and thereby unequip it. It really *shouldn't* do this but I can see why.

That isn't my problem though. I can just teleport out of a BH, run to someone to sell and repair, and when I open the sell window I see that my hat or ring or whatever is in my inventory. Never when this has happened have I opened the window to be able to unequip it until I opened the sell window. It mysteriously unequips itself. In the same way I have had items from my inventory mysteriously equip themselves (often times replacing something else and thus moving that item to my inventory).

I can't help you try to reproduce this because it seems entirely random. I notice it more frequently after having left an instance but at the same time it doesn't happen every time (maybe like 4-5 times a week).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    @geno Keep your inventory open, and whenever you move the camera around, make it so that when you let go of your right mouse button, it would be over a piece of equipment in your inventory. Sometimes it would unequip that item, even though you're trying to move the camera.

Open your inventory.
    Right click and hold to rotate camera.
    Rotate the camera moving your mouse towards the item. (cursor will vanish, but pretend it's there and aim at your inventory);
    Release your RMB.

Try that like 3 times and you'll unotice that the cursor moves over the screen while dragging and if its over an item slot when you release the RMB, you'll use/equip/unequip it.

PS: May look a lil' hard to reproduce this intentionally but I ensure this pretty often to happen by accident.