Solohealing as mystic

Options
skatermops
skatermops Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Mystic
Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask how do I heal correctly. Are there any important strategies?
I am talking about solo healing instances mainly.
What herbs do you use? Is salvations aoe shield even worth casting as its only 600 dmg? what about sallys Martyrdom skill?...
pls post anything that comes in ur mind b:cute
Post edited by skatermops on

Comments

• klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    There are too many instances and too many variations of squad compositions and circumstances to have one correct way of solo healing.

If you keep the squad alive you're doing it right.

@ end game- heals will come from you mainly-
    healing plants are close to worthless because aoe from bosses capable of providing a threat will generally kill your plants asap. It's better to spidervine or creeper, depending on composition, to reduce the damage b4 it comes. Vital/healing can still be used if u want an extra 2 targets for those random aggro bosses- if the debuffs needed are covered by the other classes in squad.

Don't ever use martyrdom- but salvation sphere can be nice in some cases- like when a not so tanky sin will likely pull aggro- keep it on him/her to give you both more reaction time for the aggro switch.

There aren't many times comforting mist is practical- better to cycle falling petals and spam BiTc. Gaia's Blessing is a sexy skill for PvE- get it.
  • zeroxwingx
    zeroxwingx Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    There are too many instances and too many variations of squad compositions and circumstances to have one correct way of solo healing.

If you keep the squad alive you're doing it right.

@ end game- heals will come from you mainly-
    healing plants are close to worthless because aoe from bosses capable of providing a threat will generally kill your plants asap. It's better to spidervine or creeper, depending on composition, to reduce the damage b4 it comes. Vital/healing can still be used if u want an extra 2 targets for those random aggro bosses- if the debuffs needed are covered by the other classes in squad.

Don't ever use martyrdom- but salvation sphere can be nice in some cases- like when a not so tanky sin will likely pull aggro- keep it on him/her to give you both more reaction time for the aggro switch.

There aren't many times comforting mist is practical- better to cycle falling petals and spam BiTc. Gaia's Blessing is a sexy skill for PvE- get it.

^this. However I do find a great use for Martyrdoom during my 8X FC runs where I'm the only healer and tank can't take that much damage. The extra mp in Salvation might as well be useful after its shield buff is used. It isn't worthwhile in the long run due to the mp drain but if it's to save the tank from the first set of attacks, then it is practical.
  • skatermops
    skatermops Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    thank you guys for the answer.
    now i still have a question that came in my mind. can mystics soloheal all end game dungeons with an average squad (not full G16) or are there some that are simply not doable?
  • weazel1987
    weazel1987 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    skatermops wrote: »
    thank you guys for the answer.
    now i still have a question that came in my mind. can mystics soloheal all end game dungeons with an average squad (not full G16) or are there some that are simply not doable?

Full g16 is average now...... Depends who is tanking a r8 bm or a g16 barb.
    I just finished solo healing a SoT with a g15 armor g16 weapon barb and went through it with no problems... except for that 1 squishy sin -_- who ran infront of us... But healing is very easily (Im g16 +10 and r8r +5 and i do fine with healing with either weapon) done using comforting mist, gaia's blesssing and falling petals <3 During all of that you can still find time to debuff boss, attack mobs (lucky break gale force!) and pull :P
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Really depends on the intelligence level of the squad. Few weeks ago I was solohealing Seat and the barb was doing massive pulls of all the helltoads and of course everyone died. But on the other hand I've solohealed Abba and everything went very smoothly.

While mystic healing is quite good we do not give the squad cleric buffs so everyone will be squishier than normal. People need to understand that they can't take as much damage as normal and not try to be heroes all the time.
  • Eledelelele - Lost City
    Eledelelele - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    anyone tried solohealing full lunar (non bh way) or full ws yet? if so i'd like to see a vid as well b:cute
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    anyone tried solohealing full lunar (non bh way) or full ws yet? if so i'd like to see a vid as well b:cute
    Solo healing full lunar would be much slower (Because of the smaller pulls due to no BB)and it would probably be easier to just find a cleric Now for Full WS... I never tried that ;x Just Snake which can be done very easily
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I know of a mystic who soloheals full WS, but he complains that his Break in the Clouds key dies fifty times over.
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yea WS and Lunar are no problem- I never start out as the sole healer because it's a waste of a mystic's potential- however when clerics go afk or dc or die, there's no reason to stop.

I've had clerics go afk while im pulling a whole valley in Lunar and still survive without charm ticks- you just need to understand your squad and your own limits.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I've solohealed full ws a lot with no problems but with decently geared squads. As for lunar I've tried once with long pulls and tank was fine but the squishies in squad died many times over, cause they kept dieing faster than i could even react.

Short answer is that, in any instance, it depends on your squad if you can soloheal with no deaths or few deaths or squad wipes.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    Yea WS and Lunar are no problem- I never start out as the sole healer because it's a waste of a mystic's potential- however when clerics go afk or dc or die, there's no reason to stop.

I've had clerics go afk while im pulling a whole valley in Lunar and still survive without charm ticks- you just need to understand your squad and your own limits.

^^this

It's not just squad; it's mystic and squad. I've seen times though where mystic should heal and cleric dd.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.