Cost of R8 gears and weapon

weizheng84
weizheng84 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Seeker
Hello all seekers...

With like to know how much does it cost for full set of R8 gears and weapon ?

And also, if im into full PvE... Is R8 weapon good enough as endgame weapon or G15 Morai?

Thanks in advancefor the replies... b:victory
Post edited by weizheng84 on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much anything can be sufficient in PvE. Both r8 and morai will do. Morai is better though, but it will cost some time to gather. Morai in quality is more like r8r. But that will cost you significantly more. (but you can buy it all without spending any time)

r8 starts with buying 200k rep. Normally that could cost you some 80m. Buy them when they are on sale for half or less.
    Then you get to buy the items for 1m a piece although for some parts you need 100 wedding candies. You make those from 20 tokens, so that would be 20m extra for these pieces. Not sure but i think 2 out of the 5 items need this. So that would total 45m + 30-80m for the rep. total 75-125m for your r8.

Here you can see where to get morai exactly and for what price. That will total to some 50m and a few weeks of dayly questing. For pve this is the best price-quality ratio you will find.

You can recast your r8 to r8r. This will cost you about 150m including a few rerolls to avoid the worst of stats. You can see the detailed cost here. So this totals your r8 cost to around 250m. That is 5 times the price of morai which offers about the same for pve. And it is getting awfully close to the cost of full G16 which is the best gear short of r9.3.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No real option but G16

Cheaper than r8, cheaper than r9 (lol no brainer) but slightly better in stats and refines, leaves morai in the dust

r8 will cost rep but also wedding candies, and really, it won't even approach decent until recast into r8r, which will cost tremendously more than G16 for decent stats.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    No real option but G16

Cheaper than r8, cheaper than r9 (lol no brainer) but slightly better in stats and refines, leaves morai in the dust

r8 will cost rep but also wedding candies, and really, it won't even approach decent until recast into r8r, which will cost tremendously more than G16 for decent stats.

cost tremendously more is if you assume you buy the r8r but farm the G16. If you buy tradable G16 , i dont think you get it for less than r8r. Even if you simply buy the base TT items and tokens and then farm the molds, your cost is gonna be pretty similar to r8r. But indeed as i said myself, even at a similar cost, r8r just is too far behind.

Morai should however not be ruled out as an option imo. Yes, G16 is significantly better than morai (if you would remove the attack and defence levels from g16, it would be about similar, to give you an idea of the quality difference) but the difference in cost / amount of time needed to farm surely is huge. 50m + 15 minutes per day for 6 weeks vs a like 150m for the TT base items (because really, how is he gonna farm the TT mats himself?) + much more serious warsong farming as well as months of NW to for the cannies/raps.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The R8 boots and wrists aren't worth getting unless your going to get R8r and want the set bonuses. Just adding that nugget.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    true.

So, r8r is not worth to get because G16 is so much better. (wether price is similar or less, doesnt really matter)

r8 wrists and boots are not worth to get because they cost the wedding candies.

the remaining r8 would only buy you 3 items for the 80m in rep so thats not worth it either :)

So no go for R8 b:pleased

For the choise between morai and G16 i have to add though that you should also think about the refines and sharding. Now if we would value the G16 at 200m because you need to buy the base items and do more farming than morai, it is a significant factor 4 difference. When however you would add 200m to both for refining and shards, it becomes 250m vs 400m and be much less significant. In that case, the advantage of being able to pvp when you want and G16 possibly being tradable is gonna make you want to go G16 really.

Therefore, morai only is a good choise if you really want to keep it cheap and you think getting to +5 refinements (maybe +7 for the weapon) and flawless shards is your end goal in this game or at least for this char.

Its kind of similar as i think many people feel for G16 vs R9 but on another level. The difference in initial cost is quite large, but you dont want to spend money on end game shards and high refines in a G16 as when you spend that much money, you wish you had R9.3

So imo there are 3 choises in PWI:

1) spend 60m - 100m total on morai
    2) spend 300m - 1b total on G16
    3) spend 3b - 10b+ total on r9.3

When you think your budget is an in between number, increase your budget, or limit your budget on this char and start saving for another. Otherwise if you choose the cheap option, you will in the future regret nog going for the more expensive option.

ps did a little search on your 14 posts and see that this wwas your last tread :)
    and recently you asked about lvl 80 weapons. So you're pretty new.

You probably arent making boat loads of money yet in this game and might be shocked by the numbers i posted. Note that playing just a mere 1 hour per day allows you to make an easy 2 million per day when you are level 100. That means doing every day your BH and cube up to lvl 60 for a COG. You can do more to get more money per day, but since you're new, youll probably be spending a lot of time discovering everything and there are more expenses anyway (demon/ sage skills) So lets take 2m per day as what to expect. And with that number make your choise. Thus if you plan to keep playing this one char for like half a year, you can go for G16. You can build it up gradually starting with the TT stuff.
    If you are a very casual player and you dont play every day, or if you think you want to level another character next and not spend most of your time on only one, then morai might be your choise since you will easilly have it in 6 weeks and then be free to concentrate on another character.
  • weizheng84
    weizheng84 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hehe... Yes.. Im a new player... Been playing pwi for 2 months only. Still have many to learn from. Thank you for all the replies and advise. Now that im at lvl 99,was hoping to save up for my endgame gears and weapon.
  • blaufox2411
    blaufox2411 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

As you are level 99 and seeker and playing 2 months....ur very simular with me
    98 with 95% ;) and 1.5 month hehe

What I'm doing is this..

Do morai shroud every day...so I can get all the G15 ARMOR parts...
    Since G16 is so much more expensive...but not the best in the game(since theres R9R3..)
    I figured I do the most parts(armor) by morai...
    And since seekers main item will always be the weapon...I am going for only 1 G16 item, and thats going to be my weapon...

Theres dual G15 swords will cost u between 15-20 mill(if u craft urself) and if u can find some1 to craft G16 for u. Ull be out cheap(in comparision to buy the wep itself)
    This way u can get ur self end game gear(not the best or the 2nd best...but 3rd best) and after that u can start saving for ur R9R3. Which will take 1-1.5 year of farming most likely....
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

As you are level 99 and seeker and playing 2 months....ur very simular with me
    98 with 95% ;) and 1.5 month hehe

What I'm doing is this..

Do morai shroud every day...so I can get all the G15 ARMOR parts...
    Since G16 is so much more expensive...but not the best in the game(since theres R9R3..)
    I figured I do the most parts(armor) by morai...
    And since seekers main item will always be the weapon...I am going for only 1 G16 item, and thats going to be my weapon...

Theres dual G15 swords will cost u between 15-20 mill(if u craft urself) and if u can find some1 to craft G16 for u. Ull be out cheap(in comparision to buy the wep itself)
    This way u can get ur self end game gear(not the best or the 2nd best...but 3rd best) and after that u can start saving for ur R9R3. Which will take 1-1.5 year of farming most likely....

only problem with that is that the main way to farm now as seeker is NW which is pvp and for pvp morai is...b:shutup
    you only purge once #yopo