Blademaster Weapon/armors/stats ?

mariocyprus777
mariocyprus777 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Blademaster
hi guys,
i am new in game and i can't understand something...
if i have Blademaster what armors must to use ?
what is phys. res ? and what metal/wood/water resistance ?
and why to use spear if axe has higher damage ?
i like PVE and AOE skills...so i think axe is better...why
to play Blademaster with axe and no Barbarian with axe ?
and what is better for stats build for PVE with Blademaster ?
pls help me...
Post edited by mariocyprus777 on

Comments

• Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello there newbie, welcome to this game.
    if i have Blademaster what armors must to use?

Most situations you have to use heavy armor until at high levels / endgame, you have to use only heavy armor.
    what is phys. res?

Phys. Res, is physical resistance which reduces damage from normal attacks, physical attacks. Most of the time physical attacks are going to happen.
    what is metal/wood/water resistance?

Those are elemental resistances as well as fire and earth. They all are seperate forms of magic defense. Which reduces those types of magic attacks, such as wood damage dealing poison damage, wood resistance reduces the damage. It all depends on the element you have.
    why to use spear if axe has higher damage?

All weapons play a role ingame, most just use axes for damage, you are not the only one who keeps on using axe for almost anything. However spear works well as well as sword for range attacks, and CC. People still use spears for purge as far as I remember, I can't remember the name of it. And purge is to remove buffs (which makes your targets that made themselves stronger removed) just incase you ask. Some people use fists even at midgame, but most of them use fists at endgame for gathering items/coin.
    i like PVE and AOE skills...so i think axe is better...why

It is not that axe is better because of the damage, axe does the most damage, I would agree to that, but spear deals with CC, swords can save you/others by lowering physical and magical attacks.
    what is better for stats build for PVE with Blademaster?

There are no better stats build for PVE on a blademaster. As long as you have enough STR to use armor and enough DEX to use spear, does not really matter. You can gain STR through armors to use axes. Keep MAG at 3 or 5, at least 5 STR every 2 levels, 1 DEX every level and rest to either STR, DEX or VIT.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • mariocyprus777
    edited May 2013
    thank you very very much :)
    great help !
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thank you very very much :)
    great help !

Your welcome
    Another tip, to use axes, you need at least a total of 3 STR each level and 1 DEX every two levels at least to use axes, but you will need more DEX to hit your opponents, so keep that in mind.

Build your char on what fits well for your playstyle. Also, most importantly, have fun.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to use axes, you need at least a total of 3 STR each level and 1 DEX every

To use axes you actually only need 3str/.5 dex.

Wow! Looks like Yulk was actually helpful for once.

In the forums you'll often see physical resistance called defense, or pdef and you'll see magical resistances shortened to resistance or mdef. As your armor grows these will get stronger and stronger. Your stats also effect them. Strength will increase your pdef, magic will increase your mdef, and vit will increase both but not as much.

Speaking of stats. Most BMs use a 3strength and 2 dex build because we want to be able to use all our weapons. Axes hit the hardest and are best for aoeing when using skills, but fists hit the fasters and have the highest dps (damage per second) and best chi gain. Axes require 3str/.5 dex and fists require 1.5str/2dex so to use both that is where we get 3str/2dex. There are some slight variations on this if you can plan your gear out. You'll get many pieces of gear that give you +stat pieces and you can stat some into vitality but its simplest just to continuously stat 3/2.

We are primarily an HA (Heavy Armor) class. Most of us will use the occasional LA (Light Armor) wrists or boots for a -int bonus. -int is "minus interval". You use -int gear to decrease the time between your auto attacks and make you attack faster which is helpful because you kill faster and build chi faster.

Suppose I should explain aps (attacks per second) and -int a little better. Without any -int gear your axes will hit harder, your fists will hit faster, but they average out to the same damage output. However, aps grow exponentially and since fists start with a higher attack speed their attack rate growth is much larger. Attack speed is capped at 5 aps. When you hit 29 you'll get a single spark, double spark at 59, and triple spark at 89. Triple sparks use 300 chi and give you 500% weapon damage for 15 seconds. With 4 aps or higher you can continuously triple spark and not stop as long as you are attacking for a constant 500% weapon damage, which is why people aim for this.

Blademasters are not limited to 1 weapon. You will eventually learn all your skills for each weapon path. Gear can be hotkeyed and switched instantaneously with a click to use all your skills very fast.

Welcome to PWI and gluck.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BM stats are 3 STR 2 DEX per level, no wriggling space.

There is no "Best Weapon" Axes do not have the highest damage, axes have the highest SPIKE DAMAGE and the lowest low-end damage. All weapons at their natural attack rate have equal average damage per second. What makes axe so good is Drake Bash, Highland Cleave, Fissure, Heaven's Flame (Basically every skill on the axe tree)

Drake bash--upwards of 7.5 second stun if demon, lolwat,

Highland Cleave-hard hitting 10meter AoE
    Fissure--AoE slow
    HF--one of the main reasons why people take BMs to squads. Amplifies damage taken means a direct multiplication of the entire squad's damage. 12 meter AoE.

But again, there is no best weapon route. A good BM uses all 4, hence the 3str 2dex requirement: 3 str for axes, 2 dex for fists.

Fist/claw: lowest damage, highest attack rate. Fist is about autoattack. Fist 1 spark skill is useless. Second fist skill Shadowless kick is awesome. Put it on your hotkey bar. Being able to cancel channeling lets you sit in physical marrow 24/7 and just cancel mobs' magic attacks. Cyclone heel raises APS (attacks per second). That's self explanatory. Fist 2 spark skill Drake Breath Bash is only useful for adding fire damage to autoattacks for debuffing/damaging physical immune targets. Situational.

The real benefit of fists at lower level is chi gain. You'll always have chi to use your level 29 heal, which means if you're careful, the only cost you'll incur will be repairs and cheap npc mana pots in solo pve. Get a sin to give you BP and at around level 70 with decent fists you can do your quests without ever having to heal.

Sword's useful for Myriad Sword Stance to prevent a wipe

Spear (tt99 Monarch's Spear) can be used to purge. R8 recast poleblade can get advanced purge (spirit blackhole). THe good thing about spear skills is that 2 of them inflict no debuff, which means purge can proc with them.

Glacial spike is a sexy skill. Lower priority than HF, though

edit: half ninja'd by saku

Tip: at lower levels, to support your squad while doing good damage, Cyclone heel-->hotkey axes-->HF-->hotkey fists-->autoattack. Using a physical defense debuff in pve such as the genie skill tangling mire will glitch accuracy to 100% for the mob you debuffed

EDIT: good (although old) APS guide for BMs is buried in here somewhere: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1033501

BM aps pvp. Don't do this now, but it shows really well the importance of switching weapons. Cancel casting skills no longer works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJXmwd2I8jY
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • mariocyprus777
    edited May 2013
    can i build Blademaster with little tank ?
    like this :

STR=40% DEX=35% VIT=25%

heavy armor

and Weapon spear or sometimes axe or fists :D

i think this i like very much :D

thanks a lot of guys...have fun
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How you'll get the bulk of your hp and defenses are from gear or refines. Adding to vit really does very little for survivability, and it matters less and less as you level. By endgame 50 vit would be like 3% of your total hp. I'll admit it does help at the start but it's best just to refine your gear.

Refining gear can be done at the elder. For armor pieces (helm, chest, boots...) it adds to your hp. For ornaments and rings it adds to your defenses. If you have a magical neck then it refines for mdef, same for your rings. If you have a physical neck or belt and rings it refines for pdef.

Bloodpaint is also an important self heal when in squads, and the higher your strength/dex the higher your damage output and the more heals you'll receive from bloodpaint. BMs also can use our marrows to increase our defenses. My point is you really wont ever need vit.

There is a tiny bit of wiggle room as I mentioned in my post. Adding 23 point to vit isn't too bad, but endgame you'll prolly want to pay to pull those out.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • mariocyprus777
    edited May 2013
    hmmm good point i will work on it
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Vit is terrible from level 1

My 7X BM doing jones daily mobs, in phys marrow, when buffed gets hit for 83 damage by the same level mob (because I cancel the magic attack, stun it, or leap right under it triggering melee from the onset). After 3-4 mobs I pop sutra and an npc MP pot. Then I repeat. Adding vit would make it almost impossible for me to always wear at-level fists. Without them I'd be like that other BM I saw axe spamming and burning 2-3 pots every mob.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive