If you could tell a new player a tip what would it be?

rainydaysss
rainydaysss Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
What are the most important things for a new player to know coming in to this game?
Post edited by rainydaysss on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont listen to what the idiots on the forum say.
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont listen to what the idiots on the forum say.

^This. In fact so much this that I actually kind of cringed seeing the question because I now people are going to troll this post into the ground for being...well yeah. THe idiots on the forum.
    Anyway otherwise I would say look for some people who are on during your time. Join/make the faction. Try to do things together. After marrying/playing daily with my husband in the game I can tell you it has kept my interest much better than just sitting at the computer and saying 'okay PWE. Entertain me'. I took some self initiative and made fn of my own in the game. It has helped 10 fold.
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Take your time playing the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't let people undermine you with seemingly sweet, simple, plans. Let better judgement take the reigns.Also, if you run across Deadpool, please offer him chimichangs. That is all.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragon Quests are optional. When I started I wasted so much time doing those thought I had to. If the quest isn't in yellow you dun have to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Don't waste all your time trying to keep up with the Joneses. If you worry too much about being "leet" you will find this game feeling like a job instead.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't waste all your time trying to keep up with the Joneses. If you worry too much about being "leet" you will find this game feeling like a job instead.

I feel this way sometimes... *goes back to farming FWS over and over again*
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're on a PvP server: If somebody kills you once, just carry on. It's a game. You respawn. There's no hardcore mode in PWI.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop playing.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop playing.

Ahaha my very first thought was: Get out, quick, before it's too late!

--no but really. Eum for them to either enter the game with a group of people that they are playing with, or find some faction that's beginner friendily, and not to random squad a bunch... 'cause with people you know, and while leveling, the game's fine--once you get to where you just walk around in circles in arch all day, or are dealing with people there's no connection at all with on an almost always basis, it's kinda 'blah' x3.

Oh and actually do research/especially relevant to your class and points/gears so you know some of what you're doing 3:<
    That might just be me, though... spending weeks on wikis before starting a game... x3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stevocr0
    stevocr0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop playing.

^This
  • wind15944
    wind15944 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got 4 beginners question here im new and lv 17 first i got these quests for the tailor got the pickaxe but cant find the wood logs only thing outta town is maple stuff u cant cut is it in another area? second why do some of my gear have a duration on it like wings/sword will they dissapear when time runs out? third the auction thing theres stuff for sale like for 1mil is this in game currency/coins? and last how can i hide hud and stuff for a screenshot without doin it manually 1by1 ty in advance i had to post it here cause i cant make a new topic private msg me or post here ty
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    wind15944 wrote: »
    i got 4 beginners question here im new and lv 17 first i got these quests for the tailor got the pickaxe but cant find the wood logs only thing outta town is maple stuff u cant cut is it in another area?

yes, there are different grades of wood, stones and herbs. Different areas to find a certain grade. Your grade usually should be really close to the big city you start in. When you have quests for them, you can go to your quest description and the name of what you search should be highlighted to click on. It then shows on your map and you start walkng into that direction.

second why do some of my gear have a duration on it like wings/sword will they dissapear when time runs out?

Yes they run out. With the gear you will usually have outgrown it before it runs out. You get a new, permanent, flyer from a quest when you are level 30.

third the auction thing theres stuff for sale like for 1mil is this in game currency/coins?

Yup coins. Right now prices may seem high, but when you get higher level, it will get easier to obtain such amounts of money.

and last how can i hide hud and stuff for a screenshot without doin it manually 1by1 ty in advance i had to post it here cause i cant make a new topic private msg me or post here ty

dunno :)

This is a nice tool btw
  • wind15944
    edited May 2013
    thanks alot and btw my quests says wood logs only for the level1 skill tailor and is not highlighted in green its in white cant auto track it this is why im confusd searching it
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    just click the link and use the tool :)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2013
    Mat quests don't autopath, but you can find a list of where they all are here. Just click resources and hit logs. http://www.pwmap.ru/pwi/

To hide the HUD while taking screenshots, press the f9 key which will also let you take higher quality screenshots, rotate the camera, and zoom in. You can find a guide to taking great ones here.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1149921

• wind15944
    edited May 2013
    when i do this quest and i get lv1 tailor will there be new armors? and how does fashion work can i buy these from the tailor or only cash shop?
  • wind15944
    edited May 2013
    Mat quests don't autopath, but you can find a list of where they all are here. Just click resources and hit logs. http://www.pwmap.ru/pwi/

To hide the HUD while taking screenshots, press the f9 key which will also let you take higher quality screenshots, rotate the camera, and zoom in. You can find a guide to taking great ones here.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1149921

thanks alot
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2013
    wind15944 wrote: »
    when i do this quest and i get lv1 tailor will there be new armors? and how does fashion work can i buy these from the tailor or only cash shop?

You can buy fashion from other players in the auction house, from the event boutique using event gold (which is obtained by doing various events or grinding higher level DQ items)or through the cash shop.

When you do the level 1 tailor quest you will able to craft yourself new armor. It is however optional. :) Also check PWI's facebook from time to time, as they will sometimes place codes for dreamchaser packs on there. Those contain great armor that will last you to level 60ish, a mount, and a free flyer tht is faster than the one obtained at level 30. :)

• Kersplop - Archosaur
    Kersplop - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Be careful where and when you use autopath. Running into world bosses hurts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When all else fails...go afk.
  • Kersplop - Archosaur
    Kersplop - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a nice tool btw

It's a real good tool, except it is a bit outdated don't you think, no Raging Tides, no Tellus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When all else fails...go afk.
  • TemptingFire - Dreamweaver
    TemptingFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Keep all Celestone's you get IE: Heaven, Earth, Human, etc. You WILL need these later on in higher levels. I had to spend almost a mil to get them at 89 for Demon. f:angry
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tt70 gear is ****, don't get it.
    Keep all Celestone's you get IE: Heaven, Earth, Human, etc. You WILL need these later on in higher levels. I had to spend almost a mil to get them at 89 for Demon. f:angry

guess i should sell those stacks of 100 of h/e/h celesb:shocked
    you only purge once #yopo
  • f0rsennn
    f0rsennn Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do yellow quests :)
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1.) Get your genie at lvl 1 and learn to use it.
    2.) Before you spend gold in the boutique for anything, check the Auction House and cat shops for better prices. Finding out the gold:coin ratio helps as well.
    3.) Do the Winter/spring/Summer harbinger quests daily (lvl 20-40).
    4.) Visit the Questmaster now and then for exp items.
    5.) Do your daily BH (starting at lvl 40).
    6.) Do your daily crazy stone quests.
    7.) Read thru the forum about where to put your stats for your class.
    8.) Use the pwdatabase and google for information.
    9.) Have fun.
    10.) Make some friends and a join a faction. It's funner doing things together than alone.
    11.) You only HAVE to do yellow quests. Some are not worth doing, at all.
    12.) Find out about auto-path, changing the graphics, the system settings and using alt+(clicking on an area of the map [open the actual larger map]) to auto fly there with less hassle.

That's about all I can think of at the moment and of course, they aren't in any particular order (aside from #1).
  • realearl14
    realearl14 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Finish your quests.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    realearl14 wrote: »
    Finish your quests.

especially the 50 hay one
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    - Don't buy fashion. 1.) It's expensive 2.) Making the colors right cost more.

- Know what you are buying. I know I have made a couple deals that I regret.

-
    Late game tips:
    -

- Can buy lvl 7 gems cheaper with Tokens of Luck.
    - Can save money on charms later by working on alts to lvl 40 and doing Jungle Ruin Event.
    Basically by getting the Event gold item (As I don't remember the name ^ ^;) then wait to turn in until all the alts have one or two. Grants 6+ Event Gold. This is nice 60+ when you need to get your own on your own terms. :)
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Early Levels

1. Don't use your money all at once as a low level you just need them for skills, Do not buy armor from the Tailor or Weapons from the Blacksmith, you get the require gear through quests.

2. Don't fall for scammer, anybody that says can i have 1 mil or can i use your flyer, do not agree just ignore them or say no. (Has happend to alot of new people in my faction lately)

3. Don't wate all your spirit and coins on skills, level the skills you mainly use and leave it at that. ( Unless its required to gain another skill then level it to lvl 1 )

4. Find people to play with around your level, find a faction with your level req so you can easily squad when doing quests etc

Later Levels

1. When chosing Demon or Sage, don't go by what other people have done with your class..
    Research and chose the path you like for your OWN playing style.

2. Don't spend heaps of amounts of money on gear, try to get gear that is cheap, depending how fast you level you don't need TT70 gear with 4 sockets +5 for example.

3. Do your BH's gives your quite a bit of exp from lvl 40-70 and at lvl 100 you get some nice rewards.
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)