Steelation: Doom nerf plz

13»

Comments

• Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013

3. Watch chat closely and act upon which phrase he uses (which is ALWAYS the same debuff/buff). Not rocket science I promise o.o

His APS phrase is this:

Hahaha! I have some bones to crush.

Other Phrases are:

Sleep:
    I want to dream forever

Channeling Increase:
    I will peel your skin and use it to make a drum for myself

Stun:
    May the Ancient gods guide me (or something like that)

all i know at the moment, i do know that he has a curse debuff aswell, which increases damage taken to the player and a max HP debuff but i cant quiet say which Phrase that is.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    His APS phrase is this:

Hahaha! I have some bones to crush.

Other Phrases are:

Sleep:
    I want to dream forever

Channeling Increase:
    I will peel your skin and use it to make a drum for myself

(%chance)Stun + HP Debuff:
    May the Ancient gods guide me (or something like that)

(% chance)damage amp:
    Throw away those toys in your hands!

all i know at the moment, i do know that he has a curse debuff aswell, which increases damage taken to the player and a max HP debuff but i cant quiet say which Phrase that is.

Sorta fixed, I know there's more to his amp phrase but I'm too lazy to look through screenshots.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited May 2013
    Throw away those toys in your hands:

This phrase also gives you the MP drain debuff.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Throw away those toys in your hands:

This phrase also gives you the MP drain debuff.

I wonder what the % chance for stun and amp are. They seem to be 90%, they hit really often but there are times when they don't.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited May 2013
    I wonder what the % chance for stun and amp are. They seem to be 90%, they hit really often but there are times when they don't.

Hmm, never knew, that they have chances to miss, i allways thought Tidal protection saved me but when i think about that, yea sometimes my cleric doesnt get stunned and the BB is still up.

But i would agree with the 90%, it happens very often.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it is a physical attack with a chance to miss based on evasion, which would hit around 80-85% of the time on assassins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DEAD don't just TELL EVERYONE what he can do b:surrender >_> I phrased it like that because I didn't want to reveal EVERYTHING that he does to the forum stalking randoms that can't think for themselves >_>
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wtf is wrong with you guys? Steel was one of the easiest bosses I've done in TT. I've run into more problems with the Emperor than Steel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    DEAD don't just TELL EVERYONE what he can do b:surrender >_> I phrased it like that because I didn't want to reveal EVERYTHING that he does to the forum stalking randoms that can't think for themselves >_>

Implying they have the brain capacity to remember when the time comes to use it.
  • teammeatsauce
    teammeatsauce Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Implying they have the brain capacity to remember when the time comes to use it.

True b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True b:laughb:laughb:laugh

Fail used my meatsauce acc b:surrender
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well...we always go back to this topic:

Is the boss worth the effort to take it down?

Warsong and Lunar bosses are arguably more useful, yet they are not as hard, are they? Just a simple principle of the game to consider here. I can take my TT90 cleric and heal Warsong...and get badges...which she may use to make NV gear in the future.

Yet that cleric has a much harder time with Steelation and that boss only gives TT stuff. So what gives? How come the boss that drops crappier gear material is harder? IJS.

Of course, one can argue with the Morai gear and easier access to rank gear...you can dress up and farm your other stuff without needing TT gear at all, making TT gear really just a component.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The chromatic tinder boss is a pain, so is the vile version. Both give goodies.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well...we always go back to this topic:

Is the boss worth the effort to take it down?

Warsong and Lunar bosses are arguably more useful, yet they are not as hard, are they? Just a simple principle of the game to consider here. I can take my TT90 cleric and heal Warsong...and get badges...which she may use to make NV gear in the future.

Yet that cleric has a much harder time with Steelation and that boss only gives TT stuff. So what gives? How come the boss that drops crappier gear material is harder? IJS.

Of course, one can argue with the Morai gear and easier access to rank gear...you can dress up and farm your other stuff without needing TT gear at all, making TT gear really just a component.

No Boss a APS Barb can charmless solo can be considered hard, Steelation is weak as heck if you know how to deal with him, I need 4 minutes and he is dead. Solo. I can't solo the lunar Bosses tho. You get the clue. If you got a healer lunar ones are way easier ofc. =P
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    No Boss a APS Barb can charmless solo can be considered hard, Steelation is weak as heck if you know how to deal with him, I need 4 minutes and he is dead. Solo. I can't solo the lunar Bosses tho. You get the clue. If you got a healer lunar ones are way easier ofc. =P

Because Barbs are so weak right? b:chuckle
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Archers can solo BH path lunar without much trouble.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This was exactly my experience all 2x. Immediately APS within a few seconds of attacking and as soon as APS is purged he does it again. I literally ended up killing him from ~95% hp using a bow because he would not stop with the APS. b:angry

I killed him about a dozen times during 2x and only got 2 Ghost Lord's Protection total (which is essentially what you would expect from 1x).

Even worse, I only got 8 golds in over 40 runs of 3-2 yesterday b:cry That is more like 0.5x, not 2x.

I want to see squad that does 3-2 over 40 times a day. This is of course w/o door hacks/etc. Assume 15min per run, not accounting flying into instance/teleing out = 10h+ of constant TT. I call bs/door hacks. I think it took me closer to 30mins before maint to do first boss, minion, sorceress, nemen, emperor and minister as I been working on my celestial culti of late. Then again I waited on friend to open quite a bit and that might of messed up my internal timer a bit.

As for 3-3 Steelation? That thing is annoying and can do annoying things with his combos but is fairly easy if you remember he can charm jump you. STA, curse, elemental debuff, elemental attack charm jumped me with 7.2k hit from range I believe. That is on sin that actually partially sharded with sapphire gems <.<.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Joe - Morai
    edited June 2013
    Because Barbs are so weak right? b:chuckle

Ultra pro weak xDDD
    Archers can solo BH path lunar without much trouble.

Lol, The paths are easy going for me to clean. I'm talking about the bosses here or rather Primal Fear and Drake's Fling + Advanced Ones. I wanna see an Archer tank those Uncharmed and without any support o.o b:chuckle

I should have been much clearer beforehand, my apolgies. BH Path Lunar...you mean the 10 minutes BH Lunar? Easy enough.

BTT: We nee dmore challanges in this game. Harder bosses and such. So not anyone can farm them and I earn me some more money =P
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol, The paths are easy going for me to clean. I'm talking about the bosses here or rather Primal Fear and Drake's Fling + Advanced Ones. I wanna see an Archer tank those Uncharmed and without any support o.o b:chuckle

Primal fear is easily done with an archer solo. I solo the whole BH valley all the time. =p
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Archer starts autoattacking on fling/primal with autopot on in the right spot.

afk

profit
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Um if you stand on the hill that leads down to the water in front of primal fear, an archer can attack from there outside of primal fear's range and solo it without ever getting hit. Other ranged classes can do it from the little bit of land behind him which is outside the range of most, but not all, of primal fear's attacks. Vile: Primal Fear's attacks have a range of less than 30m so wizards and archers can solo it without ever getting hit. I don't know if there are other classes with more than a handful of range 30m+ attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    edited June 2013
    Archer starts autoattacking on fling/primal with autopot on in the right spot.

afk

profit

Guys that is called using a glitch. You can surely do that while farming for fast Actions as "any" ranged DD. I'd rather like to see any Archer that stand right in front of Drake and Primal and getting 2-3 shotted through charm (: (ofc not if full +12ed, maybe after purge tho).
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys that is called using a glitch. You can surely do that while farming for fast Actions as "any" ranged DD. I'd rather like to see any Archer that stand right in front of Drake and Primal and getting 2-3 shotted through charm (: (ofc not if full +12ed, maybe after purge tho).

&#141;Let's see&#141; a barb solo&#141; those with only&#141; their ranged&#141; attacks first!&#141;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Joe - Morai
    edited June 2013

o.o messed up reply? holy hell....forum's going down xD Berserkers Wrath FTW^^ But Primal would reset during CD I guess^^
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476