Steelation: Doom nerf plz

Options

Comments

• Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It does close to no damage in range and if you're tanking the sleep wont be a big issue. Mana might be annoying for you as AA but common, make it any easier and you might as well shut down TT for being useless since mats will down in price for having to easy bosses.

I take about 1kish damage on my archer while being ranged and can pretty much hp pot/spark my hp back before I charm tick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I've had him APS 11 times in a row. Literally no breaks between them. Boy was I mad. b:surrender

b:shocked that is indeed bad. I suspect that the game has spectrums, if you get bad luck, someone else gets the good luck.
    no no no pve should be dumbed down so we can macro afk kill bosses

That would be awesome, better yet, have bosses spawn where you want them to, why waste time going to tt?
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    b:shocked that is indeed bad. I suspect that the game has spectrums, if you get bad luck, someone else gets the good luck.

Nah, the game has Karma. If you are a ****, you have bad luck b:laugh
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Isn't emperor more of a pain for AAs? f:ponder He picks on any AA that im with when i fight him b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited May 2013
    Options

This...
    Kitty always has very bad luck like usually not getting any drops in Lunar when another gets half of them(and probably NPCs them when Kitty's trying to farm mats). Not to mention luck with crits, etc...f:weep

Kitty has already started mailing luck-stealing powder letters to ppl with too much luck. At times Kitty has even managed to gain some.f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Do wut everyone does. APS it to death.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    lol... If your squad dies from the AOE then you all are squishy as hell. Heres another fun fact, when my squad wipes, my cleric always survives, she stands there tanking him while ressing everyone and buffing, and only when everyone is ready again are they allowed to attack. He doesn't even tick my charm. If you sick of the mana drain, get sage bubble, or keep sparks ready to purify it off you.

Though i do admit, yesterday was the first time i actually had trouble with this boss, he aps buffed himself 14 times in a row.. Since i dual client, my poor fish died since i was concentrating on my cleric. He is not difficult. If anything, he is easy.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Options

Behave, idareyou hugger suckmydag b:shocked b:chuckle
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Too bad AD was nerfed. That's how we used to handle that and the emperor boss.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Too bad AD was nerfed. That's how we used to handle that and the emperor boss.

Not really, proper timing and all, it becomes too OP if every squad member has it.
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Steelation should drop vit stones.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    lol... If your squad dies from the AOE then you all are squishy as hell. Heres another fun fact, when my squad wipes, my cleric always survives, she stands there tanking him while ressing everyone and buffing, and only when everyone is ready again are they allowed to attack. He doesn't even tick my charm. If you sick of the mana drain, get sage bubble, or keep sparks ready to purify it off you.

Though i do admit, yesterday was the first time i actually had trouble with this boss, he aps buffed himself 14 times in a row.. Since i dual client, my poor fish died since i was concentrating on my cleric. He is not difficult. If anything, he is easy.

Yeah, the bosses in TT that also have magic ranged attacks are alot easier to solo with a caster than a melee in melee range. Any caster with tt90 gold gear can tank them. I have with my cleric. But when a melee is in range they take both attacks so they need a bit more of both defenses to tank them effectively. I went with a guildie early that is a 4k hp cleric in 3-1 and she did fine on all the bosses. Ofcourse 3-3 would be a bit different
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Dat Steel 2.

i love him today :)

Eff off, I haven't gotten a single gold in the last few runs I've done. You're already +12 and Jaded I need the money more. b:surrender
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    yeah this 2x was pretty lousy if you ask me q___q.

Time to make new thread to extend 2xb:avoidb:sinf:cute
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I take it back. This boss sucks... I want in on my sin/bm. Instantly the boss went aps, wiped out my sin, wiped out the rest of the sqd, and every 12 seconds or so he went aps.... so emo. It seems that when ever the boss goes emo he drops nothing. When u kill it easily it drops gold.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I take it back. This boss sucks... I want in on my sin/bm. Instantly the boss went aps, wiped out my sin, wiped out the rest of the sqd, and every 12 seconds or so he went aps.... so emo. It seems that when ever the boss goes emo he drops nothing. When u kill it easily it drops gold.

Unless you're me, in which case it never does.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

Get Blood Frenzy should help if you can take a few hits.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yeah, the bosses in TT that also have magic ranged attacks are alot easier to solo with a caster than a melee in melee range. Any caster with tt90 gold gear can tank them. I have with my cleric. But when a melee is in range they take both attacks so they need a bit more of both defenses to tank them effectively. I went with a guildie early that is a 4k hp cleric in 3-1 and she did fine on all the bosses. Ofcourse 3-3 would be a bit different

Agreed
  • Tiberius - Morai
    Tiberius - Morai Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I solo TT 3-3 easily on my archer and i am just using crabmeat ,Surely a squad of people less geared can do it aswell.Stop the qqing because since all the qq started even the normal mobs and quest in pve were nerfed-Back when i started playing the game you had mobs that quickly aggro and only those lame hp&mp pots from apothecary to keep you alive.Making everything easy are taking that feeling of accomplishment away from the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rcilis-HT
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    in all honesty this game needs more bosses like this to promote squads, cos lets be honest if your going to play a game were you doing everything solo why the hell would you play a mmo ? regular rpgs for ur comp/games systems tend to have betr graphics less bugs and no lagg and on whole more enjoyable game play the point in a mmo is the social aspect its kinda lame that its gettin to the point were every1 just wants to play by themselves for 5days a wk then pk for a few hrs at the weekend im not saying their shouldnt be solo based content i recon it be betr if the modes in TT were made harder and with slightly betr drops so solo mode is near what squad mode is now (not just 3 bosses in 5mins) and the squad mode is only doable with a squad maybe even give a buff to rainbow squads like in EU and a mix of aps/fortify/phys immune bosses
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    in all honesty this game needs more bosses like this to promote squads, cos lets be honest if your going to play a game were you doing everything solo why the hell would you play a mmo ? regular rpgs for ur comp/games systems tend to have betr graphics less bugs and no lagg and on whole more enjoyable game play the point in a mmo is the social aspect its kinda lame that its gettin to the point were every1 just wants to play by themselves for 5days a wk then pk for a few hrs at the weekend im not saying their shouldnt be solo based content i recon it be betr if the modes in TT were made harder and with slightly betr drops so solo mode is near what squad mode is now (not just 3 bosses in 5mins) and the squad mode is only doable with a squad maybe even give a buff to rainbow squads like in EU and a mix of aps/fortify/phys immune bosses

For money to compete against other players, duh.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

This was exactly my experience all 2x. Immediately APS within a few seconds of attacking and as soon as APS is purged he does it again. I literally ended up killing him from ~95% hp using a bow because he would not stop with the APS. b:angry

I killed him about a dozen times during 2x and only got 2 Ghost Lord's Protection total (which is essentially what you would expect from 1x).

Even worse, I only got 8 golds in over 40 runs of 3-2 yesterday b:cry That is more like 0.5x, not 2x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This was exactly my experience all 2x. Immediately APS within a few seconds of attacking and as soon as APS is purged he does it again. I literally ended up killing him from ~95% hp using a bow because he would not stop with the APS. b:angry

I killed him about a dozen times during 2x and only got 2 Ghost Lord's Protection total (which is essentially what you would expect from 1x).

Even worse, I only got 8 golds in over 40 runs of 3-2 yesterday b:cry That is more like 0.5x, not 2x.

bring a veno? b:question
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This boss can be fairly challenging. I can duo it with my gf, but it requires purge and we normally have an idea of some ranged class tanking, so when it goes aps mode, it won't kill us.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    bring a veno? b:question

He is already being purged by spirit blackhole...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PhantomDance - Lost City
    PhantomDance - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This boss out of control! I mean wtf man really plz stupify,mana drain,sand storm,sleep,sharptooth,curse,and stun me! While your at it plz apps me cuz the rest is not enough.this boss is bullshet.Should be fixed and dumb down.thx b:angryb:faintb:beatenup

Yes lets fix it urgently so these r93rd's dont have to replace their several alt clients with actual human players to do some farming.

(sad face)
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yes lets fix it urgently so these r93rd's dont have to replace their several alt clients with actual human players to do some farming.

(sad face)

>mfw I can still solo without R9r3 anyway
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    1. You'll still die with Blood Frenzy unless you have a dew active as well

2. Learn2kiteandbow

3. Watch chat closely and act upon which phrase he uses (which is ALWAYS the same debuff/buff). Not rocket science I promise o.o

4. If you're arcane save your chi and spark resist or simply just SPARK off the damn mp drain

5. Apoth is your friend

6. Phys charms and magic charms are also your friend

7. Yes he can be an *** sometimes, but normally he isn't too unreasonable unless you simply don't know what to do

8. Kill and profit