Adroit vs Bait

Options
Adroit - Lost City
Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Wizard
We both actually recorded this, but I was feeling lazy and he offered to upload.. so I'm not gonna :P He is actually the only player on server right now that I have good 1v1s with (every other person I've fought on server I could beat well over 90% of the time, fighting Bait is probably around 70%, if he were full josd I'd guess it'd be pretty close to 50/50). Anyways..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9jjN3sj-w4
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
[SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adroit - Lost City on

Comments

• mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    b:cute ,
    more vid plis adroit

really nice vid
  • Obilic - Lost City
    Obilic - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Very cool like very modern like very cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because making sense is too mainstream.
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Mind if I ask how you got your gear all +12 with JOSD? ie, charging credit or farming/merching? If farming/merching, gimmie some hints b:chuckle

Good vid, looks like you are nearly impossible to kill with that gear.
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    b:surrender sin are op
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    not to be dissing LostCity right, but are u 2 really the strongest people on the server? o.o his HP is only 20k, there's a ton of people on Sanctuary with better gear than that
    super mega interresting:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1582121
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    not to be dissing LostCity right, but are u 2 really the strongest people on the server? o.o his HP is only 20k, there's a ton of people on Sanctuary with better gear than that

where do those hps come from ? Everything is +12. Only thing missing is a a better helm and better gems, could get maybe 2k more HPs. But the, better gear should be JOSD and it would actually mean less HP.http://pwcalc.com/bb1d9fe8bb8595be
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I for one am certainly glad there are no r9rr sins with 20k+ HP unbuffed on Dreamweaver yet, hell if there are really better geared sins out there then b:shocked
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    where do those hps come from ? Everything is +12. Only thing missing is a a better helm and better gems, could get maybe 2k more HPs. But the, better gear should be JOSD and it would actually mean less HP.http://pwcalc.com/bb1d9fe8bb8595be

b:chuckle he just need full josd then going be hard to get kill.
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Adroit, I thought you said Bait was really good. b:surrender
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Adroit, I thought you said Bait was really good. b:surrender

What do you think he should have been doing differently?
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well, the second death was a horrible way to go; despite the high damage he should not have died there. b:surrender

His general order of CCing doesn't seem to make much sense, either. Didn't use throat cute enough, didn't use Deep Sting at the proper times etc.

He's good, but I was a bit disappointed.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well, the second death was a horrible way to go; despite the high damage he should not have died there. b:surrender

His general order of CCing doesn't seem to make much sense, either. Didn't use throat cute enough, didn't use Deep Sting at the proper times etc.

He's good, but I was a bit disappointed.

Iunno much about sin specific stuff, but things like apoth/genie I can tell you he is really really good. He doesn't waste stuff often, and has fast reflexes + good at predicting when he will need to counter. Give me a couple times in the video where you think he was using the wrong skills, I'm curious what parts you are talking about.
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I just realize that I can't send u a private message, if Im not a friend of you here, Adroit
    if you get a time please approve it.
    and if you get more time you can reply it. thx
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    We both actually recorded this, but I was feeling lazy and he offered to upload.. so I'm not gonna :P He is actually the only player on server right now that I have good 1v1s with (every other person I've fought on server I could beat well over 90% of the time, fighting Bait is probably around 70%, if he were full josd I'd guess it'd be pretty close to 50/50). Anyways..

There r only a handful of people on the server that can match your gear, and about 95% of those r in your faction. Apart from those there's KUT, Kage (vit stone sharded) and Shinzoku, and Shin's like.....well...he's an archer -_-....

Must b hard finding good 1v1s with that gear.....such a burden to be end game LMAO
    b:angry
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Eesh..there's 2 incidents within the first 30 seconds, haha.

Tele stun near the start of a fight? >_>
    He could have had you dead soon after that by using Deep Sting on you and not letting you apoth. Deep Sting and another skill if it would have crit or zerk (1 of them on either skill) and you'd have been dead.
    2:51 - He used Rising Dragon Strike when he already had full chi. b:surrender

Every single one of his knife throws were pointless as well; including all his tele stuns. It's a pretty redundant skill unless you can get lucky with cancels / last hit after a blink.

That was just the first 4 minutes or so. There was probably more in that 4 minutes but those stood out the most.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Eesh..there's 2 incidents within the first 30 seconds, haha.

Tele stun near the start of a fight? >_>
    He could have had you dead soon after that by using Deep Sting on you and not letting you apoth. Deep Sting and another skill if it would have crit or zerk (1 of them on either skill) and you'd have been dead.
    2:51 - He used Rising Dragon Strike when he already had full chi. b:surrender

Every single one of his knife throws were pointless as well; including all his tele stuns. It's a pretty redundant skill unless you can get lucky with cancels / last hit after a blink.

That was just the first 4 minutes or so. There was probably more in that 4 minutes but those stood out the most.

The tele stun was really the only real mistake I think he made there. The deep sting would have been nice at the start, (especially knowing what kind of damage the previous skills would do), but for being in the moment I think his skill choices were fine. The dragon strike was another derp, his inner gave him 3 sparks a sec or two before.. so again another easy mistake to make if you are paying attention to other stuff. His knife throws were not pointless, some ticked my charm, some had a chance to finishing me off, most of them used the pdef charm I had active + gave him a little chi.. I think you're just being a little harsh :P

@Onatop - I take off gear or let my opponents get buffs to make it fair when there is a gear difference, so that really isn't much of an issue. Also there is no way that 95% of those with comparable gear to mine are in CT, that would mean for every r9rr +12 char in another guild.. there would have to be 20 in CT. Let's see.. LDaVinci, Shinzoko, _Deathstar_, IKUTMYSELF, HappyGas?, Smashn w/e (some TC barb), Yoshiki, NyKage, badassman to name a few.. CT certainly has a number of well geared players as well, probably a majority, but nowhere near 95% lmao.
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The tele stun was really the only real mistake I think he made there. The deep sting would have been nice at the start, (especially knowing what kind of damage the previous skills would do), but for being in the moment I think his skill choices were fine. The dragon strike was another derp, his inner gave him 3 sparks a sec or two before.. so again another easy mistake to make if you are paying attention to other stuff. His knife throws were not pointless, some ticked my charm, some had a chance to finishing me off, most of them used the pdef charm I had active + gave him a little chi.. I think you're just being a little harsh :P

Naw, not being harsh. If he had Deep Stinged you there was a high chance you were dead the shot right after that. Ticking your charm at that kind of distance is completely stupid. He'd be much better off leaping or running to you with a lower amount of HP. That's common sense -_-

Yea, it gives him chi but he'd be better off spamming wolf emblem (which he didn't) and making progress to your position. Ticking your pdef charm is pointless at those times since by the time you put another one on/could put another one on, the cooldown is already ready for you.

Remember, it's the little things that change the course of a fight. Being critical is key.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing this! I learned a bit from this video.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Naw, not being harsh. If he had Deep Stinged you there was a high chance you were dead the shot right after that. Ticking your charm at that kind of distance is completely stupid. He'd be much better off leaping or running to you with a lower amount of HP. That's common sense -_-

Yea, it gives him chi but he'd be better off spamming wolf emblem (which he didn't) and making progress to your position. Ticking your pdef charm is pointless at those times since by the time you put another one on/could put another one on, the cooldown is already ready for you.

Remember, it's the little things that change the course of a fight. Being critical is key.

I think the kinds of things you are picking on are just normal things that happen in pvp. There will always be ways to critique a video and say how a person could have played better, and the things you are pointing out are for the most part pretty minor imo.
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I think the kinds of things you are picking on are just normal things that happen in pvp. There will always be ways to critique a video and say how a person could have played better, and the things you are pointing out are for the most part pretty minor imo.

I don't think they're minor at all. Losing a kill on someone is minor? O.o That seems a bit silly.

As I said before, the little things are what matter the most.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I don't think they're minor at all. Losing a kill on someone is minor? O.o That seems a bit silly.

As I said before, the little things are what matter the most.

I don't think deep sting would have guaranteed a kill first of all, it is a pretty weak skill (and longer channel time than twin/slipstream). Even if it would have guaranteed a kill, he would have had to guess when the previous hits were going to hit hard.. you can't really see how low my hp got until after I'd already hit the apoth. If you look at the 29 second mark, you'll notice that he already begins channeling the next skill before my hp bar has reacted from the previous skill.. which makes knowing when to deep sting basically just guess work. I don't think he did anything wrong at all there, with the damage range on weps as well as crits + zerks.. it is really not possible to know exactly how much your next hit will go for, and randomly adding in deep sting to DD combos doesn't sound like the most brilliant idea ever.

I've noticed you are not very forgiving when watching other people's videos, I think you are suffering from a case of "monday morning quarterbacking".
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I don't think deep sting would have guaranteed a kill first of all, it is a pretty weak skill (and longer channel time than twin/slipstream). Even if it would have guaranteed a kill, he would have had to guess when the previous hits were going to hit hard.. you can't really see how low my hp got until after I'd already hit the apoth. If you look at the 29 second mark, you'll notice that he already begins channeling the next skill before my hp bar has reacted from the previous skill.. which makes knowing when to deep sting basically just guess work. I don't think he did anything wrong at all there, with the damage range on weps as well as crits + zerks.. it is really not possible to know exactly how much your next hit will go for, and randomly adding in deep sting to DD combos doesn't sound like the most brilliant idea ever.

I've noticed you are not very forgiving when watching other people's videos, I think you are suffering from a case of "monday morning quarterbacking".

Deep Sting would have prevented you from using a Sutra and the next hit with a crit or zerk would have been a kill. The only way you would have survived would have been to use domain/another skill to make you live (if you even had any energy left, I don't remember :D). The point of Deep Sting isn't for damage but even so, it adds damage nonetheless.

And yes, I critique videos. All I pointed out in this video was that the only person that can come close to beating you in a 1v1 is seemingly nothing more than a player whom is quite good. I just expected something outstanding/jaw dropping, but I didn't.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Deep Sting would have prevented you from using a Sutra and the next hit with a crit or zerk would have been a kill. The only way you would have survived would have been to use domain/another skill to make you live (if you even had any energy left, I don't remember :D). The point of Deep Sting isn't for damage but even so, it adds damage nonetheless.

And yes, I critique videos. All I pointed out in this video was that the only person that can come close to beating you in a 1v1 is seemingly nothing more than a player whom is quite good. I just expected something outstanding/jaw dropping, but I didn't.

if you say so ;) I'd love to critique a video of yours, when you gonna post one? b:cute
    edited May 2013
    Options
    if you say so ;) I'd love to critique a video of yours, when you gonna post one? b:cute

Why you reply so fast? You must be Asian.

For me to post a 5 minute video on youtube it would take me roughly 43 hours to complete it. Possibly longer, even up to 51 hours.

That's pretty much the only reason I've almost never uploaded anything to youtube LOL. Pisses me off actually. >:/
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    AuRaGeN - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Bait played good considering the purify proc rate is ****. He has to play defensive sometimes as there's not much he can do when his combos get interrupted because of purify and he gets ticked in 3 or so hits.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    d pyro gush instead. u'll see why.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • ilovecheze
    ilovecheze Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Why no Arcane Defense Adroit?
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ilovecheze wrote: »
    Why no Arcane Defense Adroit?

Cause the opponent wasn't dumb enough to be using standard melee attacks.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes