Will there be any new classes made?

Quizeburio - Raging Tide
Quizeburio - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
A Faction mate and I were discussing this today. She had a fantastic idea of Zombies and the Undead. I think it would be great to summon the dead and have zombies mobs. A Voodoo/Necromancer would be amazing.
It has been a long time since we got the Seeker/Mystic. I have played all the classes to death and would love something new to tackle. So any idea if there are new classes in the horizon?
Post edited by Quizeburio - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like that concept. But it seems like they'd rather come up with classes that are very similar to others.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My main concern is that all the jobs are pretty much taken already and new classes being added may run the risk of replacing existing classes' jobs :/

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My main concern is that all the jobs are pretty much taken already and new classes being added may run the risk of replacing existing classes' jobs :/

It already has happened, we don`t really need new classes at this point. b:sad
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Nn... the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that there's not really a trapper-type class (like mines on terrian not stunlock sort of thing--very originally I thought mystics were more like this but they turnt out not to be) but I'm not sure that's even a pwi mechanics friendily... thing.

Necromancer is like the same thing as Venomancers except that Venos collect their pets like in pokemon and not revive the dead x3. Since Necomancer is a curse class (Venomancer is our curse class) and yadda yadda. A friend of mine and I used to talk a bunch about our Necomancers/Venomancers (his was from D&D, I've played some on the original and second EQ), they really are the 'same thing'. Or so, as much as classes of the same/simmilar niche from different games/mechanics can be. (If they're played/percepted in a certain way, too, I guess)
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A new class might be interesting but the worry of it replacing another has already been done, but eventually the previous classes normally get called out for as well so its just a temporary thing. When Mystics came out, I, as a veno, wanted to back off a bit because they seemed the newer, almost, if not better, type class because they could handle both heal and summon. And since some people spoke so highly of them it was fun to watch the Mystic type become overwhelmed to impress. Each class has their purpose in this game regardless if its a single skill or an entire stock. Mystics are overall interesting and of course enjoyable since they are a fun mag class, but Cleric still holds on defense.

IF there will be a new class, I'd see a wraith type as well be it magic or melee. It'd be fun to use the villain's weaponry against them, but as we all know story wise no one will pay attention ~ the goal is who will be the first to make it 100 overnight and rank/gear/sharded even if THAT holds no merit/benefit only bragging rights. IF there is such a new class, I'd hope for an entire set of different quest chains JUST for them being a wraith class and that would freshen up the anxiety people have over the usual quest chain. Sure, FF them to 100, but to go through a whole new world rather than "reach lvl 20 time for Arch and so forth" I think it'd be a great idea for a new set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That idea has already been thrown into the pit of wolves
    >>
    Waaaay before the Tideborn existed

Check the link in my sig
    I feel old now
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adding more races would upset some existing mechanics (base materials, most especially) and adding a new class to an existing race doesn't seem like a PW thing to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Akaruiakari - Raging Tide
    Akaruiakari - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another thing that would be nice, instead of just creating a new class is to give the tideborn & the earthguard having the same usefulness. Ex: we could lvl our flyers, ect.. I think it's unfair that we can't make our flyers go any faster just because we're one of the later made options. I think this & other glitchs should be first b4 we worry about new classes. The original 3 have more options when purchasing things both in the boutique & what we get from quests. They can upgrade, we can't.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    I believe the game is currently at it's limit. The engine/core system wasn't designed for more than we have.

Basically, we've reached the limit of what the original developers had designed, and to add anything else would require massive restructuring of the code by the current dev's. Given their history, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited May 2013
    Some kinda classes Kitty has been thinking are like something that itself has pretty low attack and heals, but can rise it pretty high from massive buff and debuff usage(having many DOT attacks would be useful for this kind).
    Another nice would be some kinda elementalist: a light armor user that would change between elemental forms that have different status affections and switching between them depending on situation to match enemy's weakness. This kind of class would depend a lot on reading situation right, being in wrong form for the situation would make badly lethal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Archelaus - Harshlands
    Archelaus - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think its a great idea to implement a few new classes, even if it upsets a couple mechanics who cares? new means new. i would love to see the game change a bit, especially the story. get to level 20 then its over to the broken bluff mines it gets boring after the second character. need more of an elementalist type i think but not a DD like a wiz or psy. squad defense buffer and group savior type, since most of the game you need a squad...or a r8 sin to solo. its been about 2 years since genesis and dont get me wrong I love my mystic and its a very fun class, but pwi needs to keep up with the other new games and expansions. seems pwi is just a bit lazy, too happy about the money theyre rakin in to upgrade graphics, fix bugs, glitches rubber banding, skill glitches and all that. im just sayin...i have *** and its starting to look pretty good....
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Nah that's fine.

Seekers came out, they were tough and hardy, they could replace the need for a barb in BH29-51. Mystics were great healers, they had passive AOE healing, and instant and powerful target healing.

But neither class replaced the barb and cleric.

I would like to see a Zombie and Vampire class added. The zombie to be a REAL tank, with actual aggro skills, survival skills, etc.

The Vampire to be a new type of mega-debuffer / or maybe a healer (by stealing health from enemies?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure, let's have new classes doing the same thing as the existing classes while we are at it.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure, let's have new classes doing the same thing as the existing classes while we are at it.

Being pessimistic only makes you look like a clown b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Being pessimistic only makes you look like a clown b:kiss

Being optimistic (on PWE really?) only makes you look like you're smoking something.

Everyone is a tank at endgame, or can tank in situations, so making a class that has a mechanic of a tank is just doing the same thing as the barb like the seeker did. And zombie too... really?

Vampire... another healer/debuffer/HP thief? Play FW (I'm not bashing the game).

In the end, you're asking for classes that does the same thing as the existing ones.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please rest assured, if {PWe} ever looks like its going to go belly up ^ b:pleased ^ Its almost guaranteed that soon after a new Class of 'Unemployed Employees' will be introduced to its lists of classes......b:laugh

Until then though, I wouldn't get ones hopes up too much, because they already got to first figure out & fix all the current classes (with new balancing & contents) that they've already got for {PWi}.....b:chuckle
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Theres honestly very few "roles" ot filled and given pwi's history of either OP or UP new classes and the unpopular nature of the niches I cant see any of them being added.

LA Gunner/engineer classes

High DPH physical ranged classes/trappers/machine "summoners" not necessary but its good fluff for people who like pretty.

AA Bard/enchantress

short term powerhouse buffers on either aoe or single target with jack of all trades (bard) or dps mage (enchantress) secondary. These tend to worry me when added to games because A) my fav archetype is bard B) These are either **** weak or OP as hell until rebalanced.

HA lancer/paladin

Dedicated armor breaker with high physical spike is somewhat covered by seekers, and a true paladin class would be nigh impossible to actually kill in this game.

More obscure niches like blue/red mages, psions,monks ,D&D style clerics, rangers, druids. mercinaries etc

These tend to run on mechanics that are totally ineffective on pwi. At one point they may have had a niche in pwi however the TB expansion killed a lot of these (Assassins for example cover rouge, monk, assassin, acrobat, and infiltrator niche classes).

Basically when you try to fit niche classes into pwi you get mystics, aka druids without mele form because some other class already has some vital class mechanic covered.

The buff/debuff issue.

Party buffs are party usefulness (again looking at you mystics) the only buffs I can see being added as 30 min + effects (without breaking pvp) are mag def #2 and like a 5-10% BB style effect, As for debuffs we already have a 50%+ single target and AOE variant of any given debuff style. (the exception being effective def/attack level aoe reduction.).

TL;DR Pwi can have 2 useful classes added at most. These classes would play like an awkward mix of existing archetypes and tacked on "you need me" mechanics. People would play and love them because the skills would be really shiny.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It won't be bad to get some new classes.

But why some older classes had to suffer off the newer classes. Venomancer is kind replace by Mystic and Seeker. Even the Cleric is still need to purify and buff people most player up level 100 can do instance fine with only a mystic. A Sin can solo FF.

If PWI want to put in new classes I hope they think a head on the role its going to have and the effect on the older classes. But mostly I hope they keep up the squad mode........
  • TuffPuppy - Morai
    TuffPuppy - Morai Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YES!!!!
    Dark-Elves, female only in tiny leather suits and Dark Lordish wings b:laugh
  • PunchnishMen - Heavens Tear
    PunchnishMen - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about a class who have the skill/spell to create her/his own 1 day usage,Random status,Bound wpn and armor.And also a spell to repair equipment without any repair fee.b:victory
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    Nedira - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And also a spell to repair equipment without any repair fee.b:victory
    That would logically be what a blacksmith would do. But PWI can't have logic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Weapon like Ashura Destroyer would be better.b:thanks
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't remember where but I heard once they originally only had 10 slots for classes to fill.
    Also everything has pretty much been worked into the game, yes it'd be nice the have more but this is pwi & that's too logical for them.

f:meh
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    I can't remember where but I heard once they originally only had 10 slots for classes to fill.
    I said that earlier in the thread. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shaelaa
    shaelaa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New classes well be released on May 28 patch as follows:Necromancer, Guardian, Mesmer, Thief, Ranger, Elelmentalist, Engineer. Release will be same date in China as in the US.
  • Master_Ghoul - Lost City
    Master_Ghoul - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    only class i could see would be a pet... not a tamer or a sammuner but the PET.

meaning you cant heal without a veno... to make it more fair... tho putting mistic to heal would work.. tho if only veno could heal maybe they coudl pair pet with veno and they woudl become a big duo class system....

also one way they coudl do it woudl be like look at each race for example look at wereform and you see AA and tank... so what u can fill there is a DPS class of a sort
    PET could be awesome on that.

human same way tehy have mage and melee HA so light class woudl be acceptable...

in a way it woudl balance itself out if all races have soem sort of HA LA and AA
    edited May 2013
    only class i could see would be a pet... not a tamer or a sammuner but the PET.

DRAGON WARRIOR!!In Dragon human Form.And Maybe like barb veno,they can transform themself into flying Dragon or Blazing Hercule wif wings eg.with a higher Atk/def And flying speed on sky..
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I can't think of a class that would be something original enough not to be made parallel by another class; seriously the hybrid clericveno (mystic) is starting to walk that fine line as it is <.<
    I would love to see an 'undead' PC race regardless of class, buuut tba I don't think the devs would say that would go with the 'theme' of PW.

Practically though, I don't want any new race/class, because I just can't handle the alts I have now, I might explode if I make more b:surrender
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shaelaa wrote: »
    New classes well be released on May 28 patch as follows:Necromancer, Guardian, Mesmer, Thief, Ranger, Elelmentalist, Engineer. Release will be same date in China as in the US.

'ya sure you're talking about the same game, there, eh?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myriette - Sanctuary
    Myriette - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shaelaa wrote: »

lol xD
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    Robert Frost