Respect

soleida
soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Off-Topic Discussion
Why its so hard to show some Respect.

The main reason is we all expect people to fit in the glass box we people call society. We made a perfect image on how people should be acting and behaving in public. But what about the people who are different?

We judge them with out any doubt. They are stupid, noobs and morons. We expect them to fit in the perfect image we created. Can we show them respect or try to understand them without passing our idea off life to them. Instead we feel the need to protect them and show pity, after all they can't help it. But do we respect them by doing so?

We cant even respect each another on this server. We tent to take all personal. We can't see another options but our own. Instead off listen we tent to call names and mark the one as a idiot.

For once step back for a minute and look at the whole picture before you judge some one.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No we can't

People need to bend into society rules because it increase their chances on survival and a good life. People that arn't capable to do so will always isolated and negatively threated because their ideas threat your so called glass box. If we accept other ideas and ways to life, we must question our own society ideals. People dont like change unless sometimes something very radical happens.

Sucks to be not in the crowd, it will glue you down no matter if its a game or the real life. People wont allow you to raise. Adapt or life with it
    I hate Room 38
  • TuffPuppy - Morai
    TuffPuppy - Morai Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You dont get respect, you have to earn it.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You dont get respect, you have to earn it.

This, respect doesn`t come automatically, if you deserve it, you will have it!
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who cares?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No we can't

People need to bend into society rules because it increase their chances on survival and a good life. People that arn't capable to do so will always isolated and negatively threated because their ideas threat your so called glass box. If we accept other ideas and ways to life, we must question our own society ideals. People dont like change unless sometimes something very radical happens.

Sucks to be not in the crowd, it will glue you down no matter if its a game or the real life. People wont allow you to raise. Adapt or life with it

Conforming to society is self defeat. It is simply if people wont accept you for who you are then that is their problem. You don't have to bend your *** backwards to get anybody to like you. Being alone, while can blow *** sometimes, it is a better than being "friends" with fake people. If you try to be "like others" in some kind of effort to mold into society, you only confirm that you, yourself don't like who you are.

Stick to who you are and stay who you are. Never change for anyone. If you respect yourself, others will respect you.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To be honest i have only seen in life or game that only rich people or those who have high position in society have gained respect no matter what they do. Let's face it money can get you everything or almost everything. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Common courtesy isn't so common anymore. Basic human decency, isn't the basics anymore. More and more people think that it's the worlds job to prove themselves worthy of even the most basic of courtesy. Blame society if you don't like it, because it isn't just PWI where this is true.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    soleida wrote: »

The main reason is we all expect people to fit in the glass box we people call society. We made a perfect image on how people should be acting and behaving in public. But what about the people who are different?

We judge them with out any doubt. They are stupid, noobs and morons. We expect them to fit in the perfect image we created. Can we show them respect or try to understand them without passing our idea off life to them. Instead we feel the need to protect them and show pity, after all they can't help it. But do we respect them by doing so?

We cant even respect each another on this server. We tent to take all personal. We can't see another options but our own. Instead off listen we tent to call names and mark the one as a idiot.

For once step back for a minute and look at the whole picture before you judge some one.

You judge people yourself, everyone judge.

Some people will judge without say it.
    Some other people will judge and say it.

We are human we judge and love it, but not everyone admit it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    soleida wrote: »

Respect on PW would be if I tell somebody what they did wrong, not if I praised them for doing something incorrectly. How will they get any better if I clap and stroke their ego for doing things incorrectly? Yes, calling people an idiot is bad, but if they refuse to listen the 3rd or 4th time I get impatient. The first time I could understand, the repeat times not so much. There is a certain way you should do some things in game.

As for judging, I'm one of the least judgmental people you'll meet. Either out of apathy (don't care enough about their life) or compassion (I assume there's more going on than I know). Most of this doesn't come across in game though, because it's a game........
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh look

plus one post count

b:cute

NEWSFLASH: I really can't care less about the fact that you'd like to be a special little butterfly that does its own unique little thing. Play efficient, play right or gtfo. Find mommy to cuddle you and make you feel good. That's not my job.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Conforming to society is self defeat. It is simply if people wont accept you for who you are then that is their problem. You don't have to bend your *** backwards to get anybody to like you. Being alone, while can blow *** sometimes, it is a better than being "friends" with fake people. If you try to be "like others" in some kind of effort to mold into society, you only confirm that you, yourself don't like who you are.

Stick to who you are and stay who you are. Never change for anyone. If you respect yourself, others will respect you.

^ This. 100% agreed. Never change for others, I think you would be too exhausted changing for everyone, every SINGLE person in this world has an opinion about how something should be handled, it's IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone., so aye just be yourself, if they have an issue with that, then that is their issue not yours.

It's sad too, a lot of the things you ask for, I too get annoyed about, (@ OP) but people are well people, it's funny we "left" the real world because of *******s like the ones you described, and yet they seem to have followed us here.

As that old saying goes "treat others the way you want to be treated." In my honest opinion most of the time I am quite respectful of others at least until they snap at me/question my points/being there, I have just as much right as anyone else to be here/have my own opinion just as they are as well.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)