best ranged farming class

Options
Siuki - Dreamweaver
Siuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
Which of the ranged classes are best at farming in endgame?
Post edited by Siuki - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'd guess archer for speed of killing, veno for variety of things farmable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    3rd r9 mystic.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Depends on what you are farming. If you are farming world bosses or TT 3-x, veno pets will be ineffective. Also while casters are quite good at ranged tanking, killing bosses with up to 10 million hp takes far too long to make any sense.

If you want to stay strictly ranged, a R9 or better demon archer is far more effective than any caster. (Even though it will likely cost more in terms of pots and charm due to their low base defenses.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Archer's have some of the most versatility for farming, but still lack self healing ability. They can aps, they can barrage, they have decent speed to move through instances and decenty survivability. But they don't get bloodpaint and have no self heal.

Veno "can" solo many things because of their pet but won't. It takes far too long. However most farming squads are BM, sin, veno and so you'll get into the farming squads.

And as stated a mystic can solo because of their pet or can self heal and tank bosses themselves because of their plants having damage reduction, but they too are slow killers.

So down to those three. If you want damage output, archer. If you want to get into farming squads, veno.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    In general mystic w/ good gears will kill most (?? lvl) bosses the fastest, while venos will be able to farm the best with bad/subpar gears.

Archer is kinda in between. If you have good aps gears, they kill lvl 105 or lower bosses pretty fast, but they require a lot of potions/healing/charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Farming class

ranged

ta-daa!

It's a farming toon and it's ranged!

just switch to regular weapon when at boss!
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    3rd r9 mystic.

This.

And no, it's not slow, unless you compare to apsers.

Great tankability + ability to heal oneself super fast + storm mistress supporting with very decent damage on [?] bosses.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yeah mystic is definitely what you're looking for. There's very few bosses mystics can't solo at their own level. Storm Mistress outdamages any veno pet for ? bosses and also has aoes available for easy farming in Valley of the Scarred.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It does depend on what you're planning to farm and how much you're considering investing in said farming toon.

Mystic and Archer can farm effectively and potentially much faster than Venomancers (self heals, summons for one, APS for the other) but may need some extra investment into them first. Venomancers on the other hand can mostly get away with just their pet (preferably Hercules) and average gear if you desire to spend the minimum amount of coin possible.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Archer
    Bm
    And my HA mystic,it can basicly round up all mobs in hell as long as they stay with me
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Siuki - Dreamweaver
    Siuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Ty guys for all the input, i guess i will try to go with mystic b:kiss