seeker pvp genie

whosaywhut
whosaywhut Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Seeker
I've already searched for threads about a pvp genie but I don't think I've found what I was looking for. I just recently acquired a 81+ LP genie and I don't know what skills to add. I used to use a vit/mag genie with AD/expel/ToP/cloud eruption/holy path and extreme poison. So I was wondering what you guys used for pvp ( type of genie and what skills you have ). Thanks :)
Post edited by whosaywhut on

Comments

• soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whosaywhut wrote: »
    I've already searched for threads about a pvp genie but I don't think I've found what I was looking for. I just recently acquired a 81+ LP genie and I don't know what skills to add. I used to use a vit/mag genie with AD/expel/ToP/cloud eruption/holy path and extreme poison. So I was wondering what you guys used for pvp ( type of genie and what skills you have ). Thanks :)

There are more sins and BMs in NW then in TW so for NW I use a genie with faith/belief. I know a lot of ppl say you shouldn't use that skill unless your 105 but it helps a lot in NW.

Nullify Poison and Heart of Steel are useful because NP protects agains the only magic attack of two classes and HOS against the only magic attacks of three classes. I tried the anti water and fire damage genie skills and wizzies and psys had no problems getting around that and I lost interest in them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whosaywhut
    whosaywhut Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking about Heart of Steel too for the same reasons you mentioned above. Seeing as how it blocks about 3 different classes skills ( cleric/seeker/archer ). To be honest, I don't think I'd get NP as I rarely see many mystics and venos around that have higher leveled gear( Of course there are still some around, I just don't think I'd meet them as much as the other classes ). Yeah, I was contemplating faith/belief but I only have 1 81+ LP genie and id use it for almost everything so I think I'd rather get AD and/or Expel. Any other skills that comes to mind? So far I think I'll learn Cloud Eruption,AD/Expel (or both )/EP and Holy path. I still have a few more spots left if anyone has any suggestions?

Also, what kinda build should I go for? I kinda prefer Vit/Mag over dex but I think we lack alot of anti CC skills. Still unsure =/.
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey there who, for starters, I would recommend the statting to be something like 85 str, 40 magic and 40 vit, using Warsong Medal genie gears with str/vit+4 to give an additional 16 str and vit for a total of 101 str, 40 magic, 56 vit. I say that because Strength benefits some great skills like Tree Of Protection, Tangling Mire, and Cloud Eruption, but you don't want to take too much from vit and magic so that you can use the genie more frequently. That's just based on a Zeal model, I'm sure with Infliction you could get better str.

This is all based on a theoretical genie that I plan to build soon, but the skills I'd say are essential for a PvP genie with 81/100 LP are:
    -Tree of Protection (Survivablitity, also benefits from strength.)
    -Absolute Domain (Because it's so useful.)
    -Frenzy (Gives a nice damage boost, but be careful)
    -Tangling Mire (really nice pdef decrease for the target with a good amount of str)
    -Extreme Poison (another damage booster, that works for both metal and physical atks)
    -Cloud Eruption (Need. Chi. Lol.)
    -Fortify (Can use this in tandem with Quid Pro Quo to reduce target's mdef but keep it at level 1, also good for combining with Ironguard Powders)

Also, you could maybe substitute Extreme Poison or Tangling Mire with Occult Ice, but I'm not sure the affinities required would allow that.

Keep in mind, that's just a roughed out version of how I plan to make a nice PvP focused genie when I get around to it, although it seems very likely that it would be awesome. The genie I use is actually quite different, but it is extremely effective for both PvE and PvP. While I can't guarantee the above genie completely, I can definitely say that my genie has saved me multiple times. It isn't perfect, and there are things I do intend to add when I can, like Fortify, but it works for nearly every situation, and because of the vit and magic, I am always able to use it when I need it. ;)

Here is a screenshot of my genie's stats:
    http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a581/MattiksPwi/Genie_zps6132461a.png
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are three genie types I can recommend...
    and Mattiks has given you a good example of a strength genie...

Some thoughts on the genie skills:

Frenzy: I am personally not willing to risk this skill, as it compromises one's defenses quite a bit... and it's worse for seekers than other classes, as our defense levels gain their beef from resistances, so if your resistance goes down, so does the effectiveness
    of def levels (double yikes!) D:

Tree of Protection: I like this, when I am not charmed, when charmed, it causes me charm ticks, and I'm no fan of it, so personally I've chosen to leave this off my pvp genie since I'm charmed a lot nowadays.

Cloud Eruption: While it is true that chi is important to all seekers, I have gone a while
    in pk with genies without CE, and I've found I do fine, yes, you have to manage chi, spam chi skill, and find ways to gain chi other than CE, but at the same time, I find I more often have my genie ready since I didn't just now use it for CE, and I can use a skill which saves my life instead. (Don't get me wrong, I love CE, but I just don't need it in pvp, as for you, experiment, and if you need it, get it, if you don't, that's one skill slot open!

Tangling Mire: Is my CHOICE debuff on any caster together with Sacrificial Slash for an awesome oneshot combo (void step -> affinity -> sacr QpQ + Mire -> gemini -> cloudbolt + stalag -> rock splitting -> Arme Nier. (with r9, it sometimes already ends after the first 1-3 attacks)

Will Surge: Great first of all vs high refine psychics. BUT also vs sins, when they tackling + throatcut you, you can immune yourself and attack them, they often don't expect this, most of the better sins will hightail once their TC fails, a few really good ones will keep hammering on you, but I would still say this deserves some consideration.

Faith / Belief: VS Clerics (dat sleep) and certain situations it is invaluable, having it on your main genie is kind of a gamble, you can have AD / Faith @ 105, but once again, it's preference, and it takes getting used to, my current main genie is a lvl 103 85 LP Zeal dex genie with 90 dex and 165 vit and 50 ish magic if I recall right.

AD: Need I say anything? It rocks, but not always the one I would reach for, sometimes I miss my faith, and sometimes with faith I miss my AD... #WTBlvl105

Expel: Expel is another decent choice, as it renders damage from barbs / bms / sins to near zero, but watch out if they lock you in place while you're silenced, or you're @ their mercy once it ends...

Holy Path: Giving chase, or getting some distance for a breather, we all need one sometimes

EP: Good debuff, single target, nice range, if you have the space, not a bad choice, part of being a good seeker is tossing and timing debuffs to maximize your damage and get your kill, having your genie help you is not a bad idea.

Fortify: Mattiks said most of it, again also to avoid bm / sin / barb stuns, as well as those predictable stuns from psys and archers... I wouldn't risk it on mountain seize xD to sacrifice so much magic defence in exchange for not being stunned xD

Occult Ice: Is magic, I love it, great addition to get for that extra bit of CC (crowd control) however, it's a strength genie only skill, if the success rate isn't at least say, 70-75%, then don't bother...you're just wasting your time...

Heart of Steel: My server has recently seen an explosion of seekers because they are apparently broken, anyway, between the few OP clerics, a decent number of archers, and the new wave of seekers, I've seen fit to make HoS a part of my main pvp genie.

Badge of Courage: TROLL any stunner, dex genie only skill 75+ dex or GTFO, but seriously, short cooldown, low energy usage, escape a stun, how is that not awesome?

Remove Paralysis: You could, handy vs seekers, archers, clerics and sins, but...not on my priority list, and probably not on yours either, I like to QpQ people who place long immobilizes on me :3

Good luck! If you want to see a link of my genie, send me a forum message or somethin, or just post a request here and I might get back to it at some point if the thread is still kind of around the recent threads xP