Why are DQ items worth 1 coin?!

TidalSoul - Harshlands
TidalSoul - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
I was debating on comming back to game and starting a new character for some relaxing play, but one of my friends told me they made all low level DQ items worth only 1 coin in shop! Im obviously not currently playing but.. I have to ask, why the hell did they do that? Isn't that pretty much the main source of coin? as a low level player? What benefit could this possibly have had for the server? I'm not trying to make this a rage thread, i am legitimately wanti9ng to know why perfect world did this.
Post edited by TidalSoul - Harshlands on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Search the forum and you will find the answers. There's a couple of massive threads about it, complete with GM responses and everything. Not to mention that this was old news months ago. There's a fix for it also, but you'll need to read about that too. It is mentioned in the threads.

Hint: The new DQ nerf is for the same reason the last DQ nerf was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerius - Dreamweaver
    Kerius - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To discourage bots, basically.

Apparently, lowbie quests make up for the coins you could have gotten for the DQs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To discourage bots, basically.

Apparently, lowbie quests make up for the coins you could have gotten for the DQs.
    ^This. (EDIT: I knew I had a screenshot of the Veno Horde somewhere! When we're talking bot problems, we're talking big problems.)

The change was mostly for China, and since we get almost everything China changes, we got the nerf too.

I'm not happy about the total nerf either. (My fond memories of farming 2mil in a few hours on soft fur while grinding rough fur are long gone.) Or, I wasn't at first, but honestly I'm quite happy with the quests implemented to combat the nerf thus far.

You have the daily seasonal quests, which award a good chunk of coin. And then my favorite NPC got an upgrade! Jolly Ol' Jones has quests from 21-80 that award tons of coin (for being rather easy and a daily).

But, these quests have a parameter set that you can't do it on two characters in the same level range on the same account on the same day. So if you have a lvl23 and a lvl55, both can get it, but if you have a lvl23 and a lvl27, only one can get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What makes me mad about it is the people running this version have to pay China for this version yet our own devs need China's permission to change anything. The nerf was for China's version yet we don't need it and our devs can't change it back. That's a load of bs that people pay this game money and yet our own devs can't do things the way they want. So people who spend money on this game are paying to be second class citizens which is bs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What makes me mad about it is the people running this version have to pay China for this version yet our own devs need China's permission to change anything. The nerf was for China's version yet we don't need it and our devs can't change it back. That's a load of bs that people pay this game money and yet our own devs can't do things the way they want. So people who spend money on this game are paying to be second class citizens which is bs.
    <_< I'd honestly rather spend an hour doing JoJ quests and getting coin for basically flying around than spending hours grinding DQ to npc and racking up repairs. It's like really easy World Quest (Paperclip for Villa) for lower levels.

Sure, I miss out on lots of DQ points, but the immediate coin is more valuable to me at the moment. My alts now run out of spirit before they run out of coin. <3 So what they've done to combat this change is brilliant in my eyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
    edited May 2013
    <_< I'd honestly rather spend an hour doing JoJ quests and getting coin for basically flying around than spending hours grinding DQ to npc and racking up repairs. It's like really easy World Quest (Paperclip for Villa) for lower levels.

Sure, I miss out on lots of DQ points, but the immediate coin is more valuable to me at the moment. My alts now run out of spirit before they run out of coin. <3 So what they've done to combat this change is brilliant in my eyes.

It's not that it's just the fact that our devs have no control over our own version without China's permission even though they pay them is what really ****** me off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not that it's just the fact that our devs have no control over our own version without China's permission even though they pay them is what really pi##es me off.

Ummmm, we don't have devs b:shocked.
    edited May 2013
    Ummmm, we don't have devs b:shocked.

Pretty sure our devs are our GM's they have the power to alter stuff in the game China just won't let them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    No, the devs are in China.

Anyway, back on topic.

As mentioned earlier, coin can be obtained by doing the JJ orders, the seasonal quests, and regular quests still. All of these should be more than enough to level your skills. If you wait for a dreamchaser pack code, most of your gear will be taken care of until level 60-70 as well as you'll get a free permanent mount and flyer. Neither of them are particularly fast, but both are better than running around or using the flyer from turning in 5 dq items.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure our devs are our GM's they have the power to alter stuff in the game China just won't let them.
    No, our dev's do not have permissions to touch the files on our servers. (We do have a few, but it's mostly for testing, or website integration.)

Our GM's are not developers, and to say they have the power to alter server files, but Wanmei won't let them is a contradictory statement.

You have to look at it like this....

PWE is just leasing the game from Wanmei. PWE technically has no real rights to the client or server code at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Is this a new change? I know there was a DQ nerf (1/2 price) that happend year ago or so, but to change it to 1coin? WTF b:surrender

First is was a 5% reduction in NPC'ing items and a similar increase in NPC purchases, then DQ up to 30 was reduced to 1 coin, then DP up to 80 was reduced to 1 coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    No, our dev's do not have permissions to touch the files on our servers. (We do have a few, but it's mostly for testing, or website integration.)

Our GM's are not developers, and to say they have the power to alter server files, but Wanmei won't let them is a contradictory statement.

You have to look at it like this....

PWE is just leasing the game from Wanmei. PWE technically has no real rights to the client or server code at all.

Then that pretty much backs up what I said. People who charge zhen are paying to be second rate customers. For PWI to be paying Wanmei and not having say so over their own version is pretty stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
    edited May 2013
    Then that pretty much backs up what I said. People who charge zhen are paying to be second rate customers. For PWI to be paying Wanmei and not having say so over their own version is pretty stupid.
    Think of it like leasing a car. Most lease contracts won't allow you to alter the car. (i.e. paint, wheels, turbo, radio, exhaust, body kits, ect.)
    Besides, the updates are sent direct from Wanmei in China to the servers. If one of our dev's were to make a change to the code, the next maintenance it would be gone.

Unfortunately, the only real way out of this for PWE would be to purchase the rights outright to maintain and manage their version of the client. The drawback to this is losing the updates from the Wanmei developers, and additionally hiring, training, and maintaining a development team for our version. It's not a small or inexpensive undertaking. We would basically just turn into an authorized private server. With very little back-end support for the code. (There are a couple of these already.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Think of it like leasing a car. Most lease contracts won't allow you to alter the car. (i.e. paint, wheels, turbo, radio, exhaust, body kits, ect.)
    Besides, the updates are sent direct from Wanmei in China to the servers. If one of our dev's were to make a change to the code, the next maintenance it would be gone.

Unfortunately, the only real way out of this for PWE would be to purchase the rights outright to maintain and manage their version of the client. The drawback to this is losing the updates from the Wanmei developers, and additionally hiring, training, and maintaining a development team for our version. It's not a small or inexpensive undertaking. We would basically just turn into an authorized private server. With very little back-end support for the code. (There are a couple of these already.)

Your explanation makes more sense. That also explains about the private server one your talking about that I know of. It does still suck that people pay into this game and China treats our version like Bethesda treats the Xbox over the PS3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
    edited May 2013
    Your explanation makes more sense. That also explains about the private server one your talking about that I know of. It does still suck that people pay into this game and China treats our version like Bethesda treats the Xbox over the PS3.
    LOL @ the Bethesda reference.. That's mainly because of the hardware limitations of the Xbox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SirLancalot - Heavens Tear
    SirLancalot - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the JoJ quest are nice but.... it be nice if they would fix the glitch`s already... my chars been glitched for the past 2 days and i cant do the JoJ quest other then the first 155k.....
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL @ the Bethesda reference.. That's mainly because of the hardware limitations of the Xbox.

Both you and Sidwinder got it backwards. Bethesda's excuse is PS3 limitations, which I still believe is a bunch of BS.

I believe, seeing as they have a partnership with MS, they only code their games with MS consoles in mind. Then later, they have to do it all over again with the PS3, and turns out the **** they coded(they are ****ty coders) for the xbox doesn't work wellon the PS3(derrrrrrrrrrrr) so they enter excuseville and take FOREVER to bring something to the console.

Also being late with DLCs because oh, MS gets everything first and for a few weeks!

I said it long time ago on their forums that they are setting up a trap for themselves by leaning on MS.
    edited May 2013
    Both you and Sidwinder got it backwards. Bethesda's excuse is PS3 limitations, which I still believe is a bunch of BS.

I believe, seeing as they have a partnership with MS, they only code their games with MS consoles in mind. Then later, they have to do it all over again with the PS3, and turns out the **** they coded(they are ****ty coders) for the xbox doesn't work wellon the PS3(derrrrrrrrrrrr) so they enter excuseville and take FOREVER to bring something to the console.

Also being late with DLCs because oh, MS gets everything first and for a few weeks!

I said it long time ago on their forums that they are setting up a trap for themselves by leaning on MS.

That's what I meant I have a PS3 and Skyrim is broken as ** on it but my sisters BF has it for Xbox and it ran perfect. I was saying Wanmei treats our version like Beth does the PS3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Well the question has been asked and answered, so gonna close this.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.