Is Mystic the most work-intensive class?

Options
zeroxwingx
zeroxwingx Posts: 18 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Mystic
Maybe it's just me but after playing every class in the game over several years, I find that I am most tired after playing my Mystic. Aps-efficient classes do next to nothing while waiting to recharge sparks. Other AA class like Cleric sit in a bubble,Wizard can afk zen, Psychic has some macros that one can cycle. Mystic on the other hand can't macro as well, and the spammable skills require even more player activity. After hours in a slow Warsong squad for example, is near excruciating. Any other Mystic feel the same way?
Post edited by zeroxwingx on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    psychics cant really macro aoe.
    also, a (good) cleric is supposed to do more in certain pavs than bb/spam chromatic.
    I hope that the part about aps classes is about their action at bosses; it would be really sad if the bms (and even sins) just apsed mobsb:shocked
    you only purge once #yopo
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Tired even b:shocked

I get tired from playing my seeker. pressing a button every 5 secs when standing in th pits makes me fall asleep b:surrender

I think it all depends on the player though and how well you play your class
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Suppose it's all about how well you play your class, but I really don't have much experience with other classes. What I can tell is that a (good) mystic does have to pay attention to a few things at once. If at a boss, for example, the mystic will have to debuff him (or use any other plant at choice, I usually go with creeper or spidervine), use a summon (that will also depend if he/she is the healer or is helping with damage), keep an eye on the summon's HP and will have to do some DD with some attack skills, or use vital herb and healing skills (depends on the specific role). After a while playing a mystic I'm a HP bar watcher, even if I'm not healing I always keep an eye out for everyone, and on the cleric specifically. If BB goes down, I immediately put vital herb down as well.

So yeah, I guess you could say mystics require some attention. What I can't tell you is if the other classes require that much attention or more. Probably depends on the guy pressing the buttons. b:pleased
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    also, a (good) cleric is supposed to do more in certain pavs than bb/spam chromatic.

^^ and:

Tank BH SoT on Mystic: Spam NV and simply erupt when bled.
    Tank on Barb: cycle Devour, Ream, Stomp of the King manually

Wizard cannot afk zhen on any mob, and making macros, keeping track of their designed purpose or just choosing the best skill to use next is more complicated than a toothpick crambed by your NV button.

Veno is a pain having to switch forms just to use a skill, while barbs need to switch far less often.

Read one of the old Assassin guides about how to solo the big room in FF in one pull especially when power-dash was glitch-able. Assassins aren't so simple if you play them well. For me to solo big room full pull on Mystic is a simple Falling Petals->Erupt->Lucky Break ->Gale Force (can probably be made a macro even).

I have +10 deicides on my 5.0 BM and wonder why aps BMs are so common when I compare it to my sin or a proper AoE dd.

Just seems to me if you want to play a character good: you've got to be engaged in it.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Tank on Barb: cycle Devour, Ream, Stomp of the King manually

Veno is a pain having to switch forms just to use a skill, while barbs need to switch far less often.

Its actually the aoe pulling and tanking that is much more intensive than tanking single bosses.
    Swich to human for Violet Triumph , swich back to tiger to run. use genie and/or apoth if VT is not enough. Hit both pots, roar, bestial rage, invoke, TOP to prepare for your armageddon, sunder, surf. Swich to human for armageddon. Maybe untamed wrath and or firestorm while you await cooldown, back to tiger to surf again..... And that is the relaxed basic way when with a squad that takes care of most of the rest but arent too much at risk of taking agro and dying. You may also want to add spark and a little more of bunching up the mobs so that you can properly utilise firestorm, swell and stomp of the king.

cycling 3 skills on a single boss isnt really what keeps us enjoying our barb life i think :)
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    <_< Mystics are up there, yes. Mostly because you're a jack of all trades class, being both a good DD and a competent healer. People who play mystics and clerics often develop something known as Healers Complex, where you tend to watch your squads collective hp rather than the action on the screen. I've actually watched people who've never leveled a healer before form this over their time spent working on a healer class. XD It's great for tanks, too, since you'll know if someone is taking damage when they shouldn't.

But if you just never develop a healer's complex, clerics and mystics will either feel really complicated or really boring to you. They aren't for everyone.

Also I take offense at the statement that Clerics just sit in bubble. <_< You try babysitting 5 crazy people at once and making sure they don't randomly explode for reasons that could be avoided.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Ye i do feel clerics can be quite a job if you utilize everthing. I play a cleric sometimes, but i could be considered a hyper noob when i do because i didnt level the cleric.
    I readilly admit that i dont play the cleric to its full extend. I just stack the IHs, spread the IHs among different squad members when multiple guys receive damage or are at risk of receiving damage and i can group heal and purify when needed. I just never get to using the seals and when im going to combine healing and DDing, there is a good chance that i am going to fc up so i only do it when im doing really easy stuff. And realising there is so much space for improvement and more skills to use is what makes me say it probably all depends on the player who uses the character :)

I have respect for clerics who do manage to use all the skills at their disposal at the right time. I know many dont, i also know many barbs are too lazy to use half their skills. I assume with mystics its the same, some are busy, others arent :)
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Clerics have IHs and seals? -You couldn't tell with the way many of them play. I don't play cleric to full extent either but people should require their clerics to be somewhat competent. I'd rather roll w/o a cleric many times because they're about useless at times.

I'm more comfortable healing on a Mystic when Regeneration Aura isn't required.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I do believe Mystics are maybe one of the more complex classes but the player behind the class matters a lot. There are lazy Mystics out there who don't bother doing much.

In the same way, playing a Cleric or a Venomancer can be just as intensive depending on the squad and how much you engage into playing your class (I can't speak for other classes as I have never played them).

Psychic, out of the classes I've played, has been the more "lazy" one to me but even then I've had a few quite intensive situations when I had to tank/survive things through.

A good/competent player will just find reasons not to sit around and wait.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Clerics have IHs and seals?

b:chuckle they lose them in WS, poor featherheads have to heal with chromatic even if i'm the only one getting damageb:shocked
    you only purge once #yopo
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Just got mine to 100 last night and what I like about the mystic is the activness you need with it.Watching yourself squad mates and pet and skills.It is a true class to play skill wise.Though mine is a fun experiment a mystic with s3 HA with s3 lunar glaive 25k+ physical when buffed and with a medium attack mag of almost 12k with the 90 attack lvl,I do quite fine with it and survive a lot and also make great support.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Just got mine to 100 last night and what I like about the mystic is the activness you need with it.Watching yourself squad mates and pet and skills.It is a true class to play skill wise.Though mine is a fun experiment a mystic with s3 HA with s3 lunar glaive 25k+ physical when buffed and with a medium attack mag of almost 12k with the 90 attack lvl,I do quite fine with it and survive a lot and also make great support.

What do you mean by survive a lot?: -PvP?: Bosses? With only self buffs, no rank stuff, no apoth and only holy path on genie a pure mag can pull big room in ffc and 1 hit kill the mobs. With 13k hp can comfortably tank all and solo most BH bosses and the bosses in between (with decent aggro). Can easily solo every boss in FFC with only self buffs, no glitching, and a rare mp pot. Can tank and solo heal RB wave 3 spawn. I don't want people thinking they need HA to survive good on mystic when I'd cringe to lose that much mdef and be able to tank but not hold aggro anyway. I understand you're sharing equips, just curious on what advantage it might really have?
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I've played at least a bit 7 of the 10 classes and I think they are all work intensive, none is less than other. If we take just one part or situation of the game, sometimes it may sound too easy for some classes. Like if you do bh gv, a cleric all it needs to do is bb, and then s/he can go afk.

However, when I look at the whole game, and what each class has to do, I think everyone has their share amount of work.

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    [COLOR=""]I've played at least a bit 7 of the 10 classes and I think they are all work intensive, none is less than other. If we take just one part or situation of the game, sometimes it may sound too easy for some classes. Like if you do bh gv, a cleric all it needs to do is bb, and then s/he can go afk.

However, when I look at the whole game, and what each class has to do, I think everyone has their share amount of work.

[/COLOR]

Also playing 7 of them, and agree. Just because many sins and BMs tend to lack a good player behind them doesn't mean they're always best played by erupt->auto attack. -Same with Clerics and chroma-spam.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Not really actually even when soloing.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Sorry for intrude, I was looking for info on mystic farming and I land here. b:cute

My mystics are low level and I dont use all their skills, its too confusing to me but, days ago while tanking wraith chief on my barb, I was stunned at how the mystic worked.

He had a summon, plants, attacked, exploded the plants, healed, debuffed, etc, etc, etc, I got tired just of watching him, if it wasnt for his great job, my tanking would have failed big time.

The best mystic I've ever seen, I bet he would be just great when higher level.

After seeing him, I realized Ive never be a good mystic. b:sad
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Sorry for intrude, I was looking for info on mystic farming and I land here. b:cute

My mystics are low level and I dont use all their skills, its too confusing to me but, days ago while tanking wraith chief on my barb, I was stunned at how the mystic worked.

He had a summon, plants, attacked, exploded the plants, healed, debuffed, etc, etc, etc, I got tired just of watching him, if it wasnt for his great job, my tanking would have failed big time.

The best mystic I've ever seen, I bet he would be just great when higher level.

After seeing him, I realized Ive never be a good mystic. b:sad

Yeah, no one can be good at anything if you think you are no good, or never will be good.