Performance Boost for PWI...

Options
13»

Comments

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    bump. still using it, still enjoying it, still prevents me from crashing around NW time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    bump. still using it, still enjoying it, still prevents me from crashing around NW time
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Lolgasmic - Raging Tide replied to a message that was 2 months 18 days 2 hours 39 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Plusone \o/
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • irosenberry
    irosenberry Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    omg ty for that necro b:victory
    edited May 2013
    Options
    omg ty for that necro b:victory

yeah, you're welcome b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey guys,

As a general rule, we certainly can't endorse any third party applications being used to modify our game client.

That said, third party applications that do not add any in-game advantage or unfair benefit to players are not a high priority for our support team.

Use at your own risk, and always be wary of applications that could potentially have access to your account information.

And please don't post any links to this application on the forums.

Thanks!

- Val

Hey Val, thanks for the info. I do have to wonder though if the Development Team is planning on working on a new engine for the game. The game has certainly evolved a lot since the game was first released, and it does get pretty slow sometimes. I have a computer that runs Windows 8, so my machine isn't too bad. Even I get times when the game gets extremely laggy, and it appears that PWI has issues with using memory properly.

If the way PWI uses memory could get a massive update, it could mitigate the usage of 3rd party programs, and not only make PWI look good because of it, but save people from potentially getting **** by using programs with Trojans attached to them.

- Crix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Upon further inspection of the thread...

/inb4close for necro b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    When is PWI 2 coming out.This game needs to be redone so we can tw with more than 1-3 fps like normal games.b:fatbf:flower
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I never had any Client Crash since I found this neat little program. One Thing I have to add tho:

I noticed that the performance ingame doesn't drop as much, but depending on your machine you could get some all over performance drop due to the "heavy CPU-load" this program causes.

Anyone with a i5/i7 quad should be perfectly fine. If you got a SSD on top then you shouldn't even notice the negative aspects of this prog. If you take a look at how this prog works then it's understandable why it causes some CPU-load.

It's still a great program (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    <_< Thanks for the necro, actually. Trying this out.
    When is PWI 2 coming out.This game needs to be redone so we can tw with more than 1-3 fps like normal games.b:fatbf:flower

This is PW2. The first version was the pay to play version, if I'm not mistaken. inb4holywater
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ok well we need PWI 3 right?
  • Joe - Morai
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Upon further inspection of the thread...

/inb4close for necro b:chuckle

It shouldn't be closed for necro because it contains useful Informations that actually would be going to waste if this thread was to be closed.

Instead sticky it I guess =P
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    *reads every bit of information about the program and finds something new to try*
    *goes through 6 pages of mostly useful information*
    *Only bothers reading the dates once I see the Necro post by Sweetiebot*
    Most useful Necro ever. Worth it.
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    *reads every bit of information about the program and finds something new to try*
    *goes through 6 pages of mostly useful information*
    *Only bothers reading the dates once I see the Necro post by Sweetiebot*
    Most useful Necro ever. Worth it.

You have no regrets.
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I have minimem working all the time now...
    Mimimem doesn't actually interact with PWI in anyway, therefore cannot be a violation.
    The only thing minimem does is clean up excess data in a computer's memory that programs don't remove on their own~
    Just letting you know b:bye
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I have minimem working all the time now...
    Mimimem doesn't actually interact with PWI in anyway, therefore cannot be a violation.
    The only thing minimem does is clean up excess data in a computer's memory that programs don't remove on their own~
    Just letting you know b:bye

Very interesting. I still think PWI needs to implement their own systems such as this, I'm sure it's possible for them to make their own program, and have it run as a background process. This way, 3rd party programs couldn't pose a security threat to players. I agree with people who use this, as the game can be pretty laggy sometimes.

That being said, I also agree that this thread shouldn't be closed for necro, though it likely won't matter if we ask for it to stay open or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    As with ALL programs, great care should be taken and reviews should be done on the program before it is downloaded. I too use memory management and boosters (GameBooster 3, Free RAM XP Pro, etc.) and I made sure that the programs were legit and not harmful. If you find that several reviews on said program are harmful or just don't help, DON'T install! Often times you will want to DEFRAGMENT your computer's hard disk as that may be one thing that is slowing down your system in the first place. Another thing is your computer's REGISTRY. Cleaning your computer's registry can be EXTREMELY RISKY and you can mess up a lot of things if not your computer's entire operating system. So take the initial steps to do a little maintenance on your computer first, THEN consider getting a program for boosting your systems resources for gaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    1) Place all your music, movies, documents and favorites on an external harddrive. ( A huge one recommended !)
    2) Install windows and office on you PC. All the newest drivers and personalise all your settings. Link your windows personal folders to your external harddrive. (80 or 120GB solid state C drive recommended)
    3) Make an image of your harddisk.
    4) Install some more basics like PWI and whatever else is really important for you the comming year or 2.
    5) Make another image of your harddisk.
    6) Go use your PC, do not click any suspicious links, do not install any software that is not really needed and when you do install something, only install what you need and definately no toolbars and **** like that.
    7) Whenever you feel you installed stuff that you dont really need anymore or you think your PC might be slightly slower than it was when you freshly installed it, spend 15 minutes to format your harddrive and reinstall it with the image from 5). If you feel 5) is outdated and contains stuff that actually is no longer all that important to you, install 3) instead and repeat steps 4) and 5)

On top of that, clean the dust out of your hardware once a year.
    That is how you keep your PC and PWI running properly.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited May 2013
    Options
    To shorten things. put your personal folders and especially all temporary folders on another drive or rather in case of the temps on a ram disk. That keeps your system ultimately clean. to much garbage in the temporary folders is what causes most disk failures.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well, a little more than that imo. Make it so that it is very easy to reinstall. Having a good image of your harddrive makes it an easy desicion to reinstall and you will find no reason not to do it like every 2 or 3 months. :)
  • Joe - Morai
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well, a little more than that imo. Make it so that it is very easy to reinstall. Having a good image of your harddrive makes it an easy desicion to reinstall and you will find no reason not to do it like every 2 or 3 months. :)

Oh I regulary reinstall my system to keep it clean although I don't install anything cept drivers past finished installation xD

You can do alot to keep your system clean and I surely do any possible method =P but the most important thing is to keep the temps clean^^ trust me
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hey Val, thanks for the info. I do have to wonder though if the Development Team is planning on working on a new engine for the game. The game has certainly evolved a lot since the game was first released, and it does get pretty slow sometimes. I have a computer that runs Windows 8, so my machine isn't too bad. Even I get times when the game gets extremely laggy, and it appears that PWI has issues with using memory properly.

If the way PWI uses memory could get a massive update, it could mitigate the usage of 3rd party programs, and not only make PWI look good because of it, but save people from potentially getting **** by using programs with Trojans attached to them.

- Crix

That's a good point.... PWI doesn't develop anything for PW though, they just hire Wanmei to do it all.

BF2 runs on this computer at 25+ FPS at the lowest, why can't PWI? b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]