How long did it take u to farm lvl 4 equipments?

carlos2354
carlos2354 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Crafting Nook
I'm really frustrated because i barely get any compound oils and stuff. I only get them about once in 30 kills. Just wondering if anyone is going through the same? And I'm farming the highest possible lvl ones according to pwdatabase
Post edited by carlos2354 on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    u mean somethingg you need to craft for ur skills? - i dont got the skills

u mean gear to wear ? - do quests and get free or AH

everyone who is farming well bellow his level is experiencing the same. Farming low level stuff is low levels bussiness. Be nice to the low levels and pay them for their bussiness :)
  • carlos2354
    edited May 2013
    My tailor manufacturing skill is lvl 4. I need the materials to lvl it, which are leather, compound thread etc. ive been killing lvl 57 mobs which are a bit higher lvl than I am. So i shouldn't expect any problems. But the drops are just so rare :/
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is your level? If your more than 3 levels higher or lower than the mob the drops get reduced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carlos2354
    edited May 2013
    56 killing lvl 57 mobs :)
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like you're killing Bloodshot Hexweb Master for oils, huh? Honestly, that's about the best you can do. But sometimes you have to make the choice between best drop rate and harder to kill, or easier to kill and lower drop rate. Luckily, the Venomtail Kings around there also drop compound oil, and are a lvl lower than you, so you can afford to kill those too for double the chances. :)

There's not much you can do to improve drop rates besides hoping for 2x drops.

An alternative is doing your daily Jolly Old Jones coin quests, and setting the coin aside to set up a shop buying crafting mats around West Archo's blacksmith (or wherever people tend to sell mats on your server). Buying in catshop is cheaper than buying from catshops. It would also fund repairs.

Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    carlos2354 wrote: »
    56 killing lvl 57 mobs :)

Shh, trade secret. Compound Oil drops in BH39. Set up a catshop buying it at sundown town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carlos2354
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like you're killing Bloodshot Hexweb Master for oils, huh? Honestly, that's about the best you can do. But sometimes you have to make the choice between best drop rate and harder to kill, or easier to kill and lower drop rate. Luckily, the Venomtail Kings around there also drop compound oil, and are a lvl lower than you, so you can afford to kill those too for double the chances. :)

There's not much you can do to improve drop rates besides hoping for 2x drops.

An alternative is doing your daily Jolly Old Jones coin quests, and setting the coin aside to set up a shop buying crafting mats around West Archo's blacksmith (or wherever people tend to sell mats on your server). Buying in catshop is cheaper than buying from catshops. It would also fund repairs.

Good luck!

thank u for the advice :D
    Shh, trade secret. Compound Oil drops in BH39. Set up a catshop buying it at sundown town.
    ahah, ill try that :D
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for the record, you don't /have/ to level up any of your crafting
    you only purge once #yopo
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for the record, you don't /have/ to level up any of your crafting

Yeah you don't have too..... You just have to do one of the following, buying the max skills from boutique, having others craft for you with your mats, buying crafted gear (there is a good charge for the crafting) or go without gear that needs crafting to make. (all end game gear)

Having crafting skills is so convenient.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Yeah you don't have too..... You just have to do one of the following, buying the max skills from boutique, having others craft for you with your mats, buying crafted gear (there is a good charge for the crafting) or go without gear that needs crafting to make. (all end game gear)

Having crafting skills is so convenient.

g15>16 doesnt need crafting, neither does rank gear. for lower levels the market is overflowing with already made gear so it can be cheaper to buy ready. not sure but I wouldn't be suprised if the boutique box is near the price to level it manually. of course it's convienient to be able to craft it instead of waiting for a friend. but i'd rather wait b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    TT99>g15 gear does require crafting though. I much rather be able to use my tt99 in the interium, and then just upgrade what I'm wearing later instead of having to rely on someone else to do it for me and either not wear it or buy a second set. : P

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2013
    TT99>g15 gear does require crafting though. I much rather be able to use my tt99 in the interium, and then just upgrade what I'm wearing later instead of having to rely on someone else to do it for me and either not wear it or buy a second set. : P

well, personally i think that tt90 AA pants >> tt99 XD (also, there is the refine/shard loss). Anyway, that's why I said "for the record you don't have to" and not "stop stop you must not get them"; after all, someone should get them :b
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, im not really missing them. I play this game with a real life friend whos got the skils. And we made it a policy to go only tradable anyway b:pleased