Share your rage stories!

2»

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well now I feel like an idiot for spending 4~5k on this game.
    Do I regret it? I regret spending that much. But i had fun playing the game and I enjoy spending money on things I enjoy. My brother prefers console games and playing D&D and Magic: The card game. Along with his computer, he's put atleast 5k into his hobbies. And PWI was my hobby at the time that I enjoyed spending my extra money on.
    Do I wish I had 4~5k in my pocket right now? **** yes

But I'm not too upset about spending so much on a game, money is money and I have already made all that money back in 3 months of work that took me 5 years to spend.
    I hope that makes sense?

I'm still going with my rage story is forum marrying Zanryu b:angry

I spent I dunno. I think 40 bucks on my Cleric. Before 40 bucks even really did anything, back before packs and all this stuff. Teles and fashion and General Summer's Swords! b:dirty

I've spent 0 dollars on my Morai BM. Get at me. Let me feel your rage. RAGE.

I dunno. I still don't get how people spend that much, even if it is just a hobby. Maybe I'll rage about that.
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent I dunno. I think 40 bucks on my Cleric. Before 40 bucks even really did anything, back before packs and all this stuff. Teles and fashion and General Summer's Swords! b:dirty

I've spent 0 dollars on my Morai BM. Get at me. Let me feel your rage. RAGE.

I dunno. I still don't get how people spend that much, even if it is just a hobby. Maybe I'll rage about that.

Simple, Zanny. SIMPLE.

ITS FASH! I'm pretty sure about 98% of that money i spent went to fash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Simple, Zanny. SIMPLE.

ITS FASH! I'm pretty sure about 98% of that money i spent went to fash

>mfw you coulda been full R9r3 with good refines for that money
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    but that would imply I was level 101 for R9

You could have freaking bought the stuff and leveled later! RAAAAAGE.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What you can buy with $15.550 ?

How about 28 acres of land with a pretty little stream in it ?

even leaves you some money for the tools to cut down a few trees and build yourself a cabin on it (only difficulty is the length of cable needed to get your internet connection to play a FREE TO PLAY game there :)
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What you can buy with $15.550 ?

How about 28 acres of land with a pretty little stream in it ?

even leaves you some money for the tools to cut down a few trees and build yourself a cabin on it (only difficulty is the length of cablr needed to get your internet connection to play a FREE TO PLAY game there :)

If that plot was where I live, it'd be 100-times that price, probably. b:cry
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If that plot was where I live, it'd be 100-times that price, probably. b:cry

Yeah my place too (the netherlands) You are not a tree though. You can move :D

Personally, i intent to buy something in a country that is truly free. Where noone is gonna bother me with taxes and regulations on what i can build how and where. Something Latin america.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah my place too (the netherlands) You are not a tree though. You can move :D

Personally, i intent to buy something in a country that is truly free. Where noone is gonna bother me with taxes and regulations on what i can build how and where. Something Latin america.

When I've gathered enough, I shall move. I am only 21. But with a full-time job, with benefits? That's something I cannot find everywhere. That and like the folks I work with. b:victory

But the future? Who knows what that shall bring for me.

And, ah, to stay on topic: rage stories?

Others raging at me:
    A mystic yelling at me in PMs because I spawn killed her...when I was at my own spawn killing spawn killers on my archer. b:chuckle

Me ranging about others:
    I have a higher-than-average percentage of stressful, rage-worthy squads when I do randoms. b:surrender
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when ppl fail at glitching 2nd fc boss
    it would've been easier to not glitch it at all
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when ppl fail at glitching 2nd fc boss
    it would've been easier to not glitch it at all

ROFL LOL f:laugh
    What in the world? I barely go there and never even seen anyone fail at glitching the boss. Is that even remotely possible to fail at that? Harshfaillands FTL.

Also, LOL @ the people spending over $500 USD on a GAME and raged about it... b:laugh
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Solaricey - Archosaur
    Solaricey - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    having a pro nw squad and dcing when you're about to get in and ending up in a different nation b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ROFL LOL f:laugh
    What in the world? I barely go there and never even seen anyone fail at glitching the boss. Is that even remotely possible to fail at that?

Yes it is, here is how it works basicly:

boss is glitched by someone. So one is attacking, usually the sin, because he deals the most damage, then the BM or whatever is thinking "well ge, this is taking forever, let me help you with these heavens flame" and yea, then the boss goes nuts and bubbels the sin and the BM and QQ everywhere and fail bla... yes this is awkward, but it happens.

My Rage:

We having a warsong squad, we are ready to take off. so we are buffing, we start the quest, we are deffing the pavs and suddenly, the cleric says "PWI gets boring, i think im gonna quit" and leaves the squad and goes offline. Pavs where at around 100 and... well thanks to the cleric we failed.
    Damn wth is with ppl nowadays.

Here is another one:

We are in Lunar and the barb needs chi to pull. The Barb is getting chi while duelling with the BM. Then the super duper sin said "This taes too long for me" switches to r9 set and pulls. Well he died rather fast but the cleric handlet this good and put up BB and Barb gets aggro. Awesome squad, stupid sin. Sins shouldnt pull at all...
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok my rage ?

Damn BARBS that can not hold agro on a boss when all 5 squad members tries their utmost to not take agro.

The time : Last night
    The place : Warsong Metal BH
    The incident: Sin kept stealing agro from barb ( with Lunar 95 bow refined +3 ) When we asked to barb to use Fleshream more he says he has not had money to upgrade the skill past lvl 3 ????? WTF !!!!! Barb is lvl 101 !!!!

Now dont get me wrong, not all Barbs are like this, in fact most Barbs are awesome. But this is 5th time in 2 weeks where you get a pwrlvl noob barb not knowing what the hell he is doing.

Let me rant more ! Not just barbs gets me angry, but any class that is lvl 100(ish) is still does not know what the hell their skills can do ! b:angry

Learn your damn class before you start running instances you bloody pwrlvl idiots.

xLeeu
    I eat you last

PS : Thanks for giving me oppertunity to vent my frustrations. I feel better now b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • Talayoki - Heavens Tear
    Talayoki - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh I have a BUNCH of ragestories but lemme beginn with the latest ones:

1.) Worst WS EVER!
    -Barb couldn't hold aggro and after the first tries he didn't even try to, so mostly the sin tanked...or the casters.
    -Barb switched to human and..died.
    -Told me (cleric) to set BB in Water pav (dear genius, I have R9-3 weapon but they STILL ****** interrupt me...and even more, when u DONT take them AGGRO!!! b:angry).
    -Badges Quests failed 2 times cuz of leader-change and/or dc.
    -Sin left b4 last boss since we weren't even able to kill the others in time. Barb: I got a pro APS Barb as replacement! Ya, IK that barb and he's nice but....we weren't even able to finish bosses with R-3 Sin, so how we should we with an aps barb? :/

I left, we all hate each other now and my Blacklist has one more barb b:pleased

2.)WS again...
    Bm asked me what pav I PREFERE. So I say fire. Sin (didn't said anything b4) now starts to QQ even he as a noob can do fire. So I say k, then I switch with u and do wood. We start, everyone in his pav. NOW the BM starts to cry: QQ, but I can't do metal!
    So, since idc and can every pav except water, I switch again in the middle of mobfight to metal...only to see that WATER (Seeker said he can solo it "OFC"!!!) fails -.-
    Dear ppl, decide before starting pls!

3.) And Ws 3. time (ya, I should stay outside it seems...)
    We were kinda good even when we failed first try. Sin dc's but came back and said he has only 2 hours to finish this. No problem.
    Then, he dies in 2.last pav. We wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. We clear pav. And wait. We clear first boss. And wait. We clear next pav. And wait.
    And why? Cuz this NICE sin is the ****** LEADER and we cannot start advanced nor kick him for replacement -.-
    After about 1 hour of his afkness w/o a single word we left. He didn't even mail us our split or sth.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly. I could rage about ppl gears all day long. Not because it is fail, but they show how unsmart they mostly are.

Fully sharding your gear with perfect citrine shards is dumb. Using perfect Citrine Shards that are still over 3mil each is dumb. Anyone who does not understand why should uninstall this game immidiatly.

Here's an example:

Full G16 heavy armor Barb all refined to +3. 20 Sockets overall and all sharded with perfect shards...thats around 60 mil for all shards...he could instead have sharded the gear with immac and refine the ggear to +5 all over instead of wasting money on those **** shards. the clue is...this way he would have even way!!! more HP. PPL like that are so friggin dumb, I can't contain it. Makes me wanna Teamviewer their system and delete their chars.

Another thing that makes me wanna kill other ppl are the ones with super amazing r9rerecast weapons +12 with nice shards while having their gear at not even +5 all over...

I see this mostly on sins...seriously? are they somehow injured in their brains? OFC no barb can hold aggro to 4.0 sparked r9rerecast dags +12. That's impossible and with that gears they practically die from any serious boss one-shot (or 2 shot if they at least know what their skills do). ARGHHHHRAGEARGHHHH!!!!

They shall be deleted and banned for all eternity! How can one squishy sin dare to even +10 his/her weap while the gear is not at least full+7...and even with that the sin is squishy as hell...rather +7 and +10 the main HP parts (helm + leggins g15).

As a hint: If you have under 13k HP buffed don't even try to +12 anything that can make you die quicker then you would want it.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    _Mictian_ - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly. I could rage about ppl gears all day long. Not because it is fail, but they show how unsmart they mostly are.

Fully sharding your gear with perfect citrine shards is dumb. Using perfect Citrine Shards that are still over 3mil each is dumb. Anyone who does not understand why should uninstall this game immidiatly.

Here's an example:

Full G16 heavy armor Barb all refined to +3. 20 Sockets overall and all sharded with perfect shards...thats around 60 mil for all shards...he could instead have sharded the gear with immac and refine the ggear to +5 all over instead of wasting money on those **** shards. the clue is...this way he would have even way!!! more HP. PPL like that are so friggin dumb, I can't contain it. Makes me wanna Teamviewer their system and delete their chars.

Another thing that makes me wanna kill other ppl are the ones with super amazing r9rerecast weapons +12 with nice shards while having their gear at not even +5 all over...

I see this mostly on sins...seriously? are they somehow injured in their brains? OFC no barb can hold aggro to 4.0 sparked r9rerecast dags +12. That's impossible and with that gears they practically die from any serious boss one-shot (or 2 shot if they at least know what their skills do). ARGHHHHRAGEARGHHHH!!!!

They shall be deleted and banned for all eternity! How can one squishy sin dare to even +10 his/her weap while the gear is not at least full+7...and even with that the sin is squishy as hell...rather +7 and +10 the main HP parts (helm + leggins g15).

As a hint: If you have under 13k HP buffed don't even try to +12 anything that can make you die quicker then you would want it.

a full +10 aps sin with vit stones reaches kind of 10k hps base... trolol

b b but dem rage is when you are in aeu and half of the team goes afk, the other half doesnt know what to do then you dc and the roaming boss kills you while you are pratically soloing the dungeon b:angry b:angry
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This didn't happen to me, but I'd rage if it did - I was in a GV2 (that's what we call it on Lost City so please don't QQ about what it means), we were pretty far in the second wave when the Mystic we had dc'ed. They came back when we were fighting the boss but had been ported out - I'd be so frustrated getting ported out after having done the first wave and most of the second!
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • jjbrendan
    jjbrendan Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I do manage ro reach quest awarder in room 38 and just manage to get dice, it really annoys me when am still in range of bugs. Please keep bugs out of range of quest awarder. I have few other complaints and this is only feature that realy annoys me. Thanks to anybody who has patience to read this. Best wishes to all here.
  • descipherme
    descipherme Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im very tired of this dc every few minutes !:(( and its not my pc ! so pissed right nowb:angry..why does this happen!? b:cry
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Im very tired of this dc every few minutes !:(( and its not my pc ! so pissed right nowb:angry..why does this happen!? b:cry
    Here we go again......
    People hate me for posting this over and over, but damnit, there's just nothing better to say until you bother to provide more information. And seriously, there's a much better chance that the issue is either on your end, or somewhere between you and the servers. Unfortunately, that can't be determined until you give us something to work with.

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your antivirus/security software. (Especially with Norton360 or MSE)
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it. (Common with some modems.)
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common withNorton360, ZoneAlarm, and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly. (Or it's just a cheap router that can't handle the traffic you're putting on it.)
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list of possible issues.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone/cable line at the pole and it's raining. (I have personally had this happen.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (Most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (Has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (This has happened more than a few times. More often occurs with trunk lines crossing large bodies of water)

That's just a few. Sometimes, the easiest fix is something like shutting down your Modem/Router/PC for three minutes and then bringing them back up. Unfortunately, all you've done is complain about having high latency. You haven't done anything that might lead someone who can help you, to be able to help you resolve the issue you're having.
    The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

At an absolute minimum I would need a copy of a traceroute to the server, and detailed information about how your local network is configured. In some cases, even a published Speccy log.

You don't have to be a tech wiz to provide any of this information either. You just need to be able to click the links I provided and to read and comprehend/follow instructions. I can understand you're frustrated, but sitting and complaining about a connection, without actually ever attempting to fix it, or provide information for those that can help you fix it, it probably one of the stupidest things you can do. If you feel offended by this statement, then you really need to take a closer look at reality.
    Seriously, if you don't think it's on your PC, prove it. And even then, there's a lot of other places between your PC and the servers where your signal could fail and cause you to DC.

Put up, or shut up. Seriously. The majority of the people that complain about bad disconnects or lag, that actually provide information for me to work on, are able to discover the actual source of the problem and resolve it. In most cases it's conflicting software on their system, or an issue with a regional router.

BTW, start a new thread in the Technical Support Forum, and your opening post should read something like.... "I'm having an issue with getting disconnected a lot. Here's my data... Please help."
    It should also have a decently intelligent title instead of something stupid like "Fix your freaking servers!" There's a couple of good active examples over there right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I was boiling water today b:shocked and my game broke down b:angry, i am so quitting pwi now b:surrender.
  • jjbrendan
    jjbrendan Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    b:sad I am most unhappy with cooldown with bubble of life my psychic has.

A serious disadvantage compared to the other 4 mage toons.

I request cooldown be removed please.
  • Demoniada - Lost City
    Demoniada - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rage story, eh? Well let's see from where to begin...

The ****ed up ****ty ****alicious game does not have any ability to reenter nations war!!! So I decided to ****ing stay awake all night, because it is in ridiculous hour for my timezone anyway... and then my blessing timed out. "OK" I said to myself... "I am just going to get a new one, and reenter this crappy map", but NOOOOO ... without any warning I am now out of it and not able to join a ****ing battle.

Seriously PWi, you could have at least warned us. I am paying enuf money for this ****ty game and I should be able to ****ing get some tokens from it!!!! f:fumef:fumef:fume
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    >In a Nation War Battlefield
    >Enemy grabs the Flag and happens to be an Arcane
    >Attempt to stun/freeze with Earth Vector/Glacial Shards as reinforcements arrive
    >Neither stun or freeze trigger, but their Purify Spell goes off
    >Watch as they No-Clip into the sunset while the few nearby try to catch up
    >MFW
    >Catch up using Tradewinds+Accelerate and try to stun/freeze again
    >Stun fails and Glacial activates Purify Spell
    >Picked off shortly after by the enemy's incoming support
    >Ohgodwhy.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh! Oh! OH! I just remembered one!

It was in NW(OF COURSE IT WAS). During a battle, I grabbed the flag and ran for my life with a nice escort meeting me on the way. Around the swampy area, an archer started plinking at me with his oh-so-pro +10 r8 bow and promptly got his face *** rolled by my escort.

A minute later, I've delivered the flag, and on my way back to the flag spawn points, I run across the same archer, just hanging around his spawn points, and my natural reaction is to try and kill him. Which I achieved in 2 hits.

And there the rage-PMs start. Beginning with "spawn-killer" and all that jazz. I pointed out that he'd been shooting me at the swamp, and from his replies, I learned a new thing that day! I learnt that it's totally fair for someone to shoot at you when you have the flag, with your running speed halved, and your genie and flying mount locked off, but when someone kills you at your spawn point, when you're buffed, with a spark and a half ready, 12 seconds of invincibility, and full access to all your gear, that person is an EVUL-UNFAIHR-SPAWN-KILLAR-QQ!

I really really really regret not having any SS of it, though. I was too busy laughing to snap them.