problem with mystic skills

Options
Mingkeey - Lost City
Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Mystic
In case we ever get new skills or changes,I would like to rant about a few problem about Demon mystics.I read about sage mystics and they gain chi but the skills add on's are terrible.
Problem I have that a lot of the skills cost 30 chi making us drain chi fast.Another big problem is that we have 7 healing skills.Why so many?What we need is a skill that give us chi like Inner Harmony.Also mystic's tidal is 20%,and should be increased up to 60%.Sure its nice that we can spam it but whats the point when it never works.When it does I literally go OMG IT WORKED!O.O!!

So please PWI if you ever talk to the Dev's please beg them not to give us anymore healing skills.We have enough.Inner Harmony for mystics,and a increase on tidal.If any other mystics out there feel the same way.Plz do tell b:thanks
Post edited by Mingkeey - Lost City on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Lol, mystic chi gain is fine as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I forgot to add that our pets have way to low HP for the games environment.Try summon a pet in pvp it dies right away.its a one shot even a veno pet can live two hits.
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Lol, mystic chi gain is fine as it is.

please explain why its fine as it is.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Ach, stop complaining about mystics being underpowered. They're not.

Your comparism with veno pets just made me lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Ach, stop complaining about mystics being underpowered. They're not.

Your comparism with veno pets just made me lol.

u still can't explain your answer.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Chances at getting chi with BiTC are just that - chances.
    Summons are more useful for one or two skills and then absorption/re-summoning than as constant allies like Venomancer pets (which gives additional Chi as Demon skills).

Either way this should probably be on the Mystic Sub-Forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'd rather get chi from dd'ing than healing. I have no shortage of it from healing.

My 102 devil summon has 6951 HP
    103 Herc has 4720

I use all healing skills of Mystic; not so with cleric.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Chi from BitC and summons should be enough on a demon mystic, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I forgot to add that our pets have way to low HP for the games environment.Try summon a pet in pvp it dies right away.its a one shot even a veno pet can live two hits.

Lol b:laugh
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Jaiden_/ - Sanctuary27
    Jaiden_/ - Sanctuary27 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    i loled anyways chi gain is fine based on end game pvp/pve (solo) kinda shifts you into a playstyle for demon but yea sage or demon chi gain is fine whether u DD or spam heal to tank :O
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    In case we ever get new skills or changes,I would like to rant about a few problem about Demon mystics.I read about sage mystics and they gain chi but the skills add on's are terrible.
    Problem I have that a lot of the skills cost 30 chi making us drain chi fast.Another big problem is that we have 7 healing skills.Why so many?What we need is a skill that give us chi like Inner Harmony.Also mystic's tidal is 20%,and should be increased up to 60%.Sure its nice that we can spam it but whats the point when it never works.When it does I literally go OMG IT WORKED!O.O!!

So please PWI if you ever talk to the Dev's please beg them not to give us anymore healing skills.We have enough.Inner Harmony for mystics,and a increase on tidal.If any other mystics out there feel the same way.Plz do tell b:thanks

The chi depend more on the play style than the cultivation, I do play sage and don't get chi issues, I tried demon and had chi issues, but there's demon that say they don't have chi issues, so I really think it's base on the play style. Sage get chi by DDing while demon get chi by healing (Sage also get chi by healing it's not a issue), so if you are mainly a DDing mystic more then support then yes you might have chi issues as demon. As I see you complain about demon skills and chi issues, I think that maybe sage would have be better for your play style. What make you chose demon? Do you PVP/TW or only PVE? Do you play more support or more as a main DD?

Not everyone have the 7 healing skills, I know a lot of mystics that don't have Swinging Cloud Dance and Gaia's Blessing.

I do admit that Swinging Cloud Dance is horrible, I don't use it due to the ''long'' channeling, I just got it cause I wanted all skills. I almost never use Comforting mist as well, but it's cause I use Gaia's blessing as AOE skill, the rest of healing skills are useful, there's only Swinging and Comforting that suck, but people are not obligated to get Swinging, Comforting mist is ''okay'' the time to get Gaia's.

Mystic is mainly a support class (in my opinion), I do think it's normal that we got a lot of healing skills as if you chose the good cultivation for your play style you should not have chi issues.

You can't have everything in a cultivation, I personally think that mystics is one of the class the most balanced btw sage and demon and I think that shouldn't be change. I know a lot of people that took weeks/months before chose their culti (myself I was pass 89 when I chose) which prove that mystics culti is balanced.

The only skill in my opinion that they should change it's mass resurrection, cause atm it's like a sage mass ress and I think they should put it to also have the demon bonus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Problem I have that a lot of the skills cost 30 chi making us drain chi fast.

Funny to see a demon mystic complaining about chi when i just removed cloud eruption from my genie cause i found i don't need it anymore b:surrender

Demon mystic's chi comes primarily from the pets and secondly from the chance on BitC. If you hardly use those / aka summon a pet, maybe use a skill, and then uselessly leave it out to auto-atk stuff or do nothing untill it dies, ofc you're gonna have a bad time with chi. And judging by your post with pets not being tanky enough i'm almost positive that's your problem. If you find yourself using your attacks more then what is wrong with going sage?
    Another big problem is that we have 7 healing skills.Why so many?

Because it's a support class duh. All mystic's skills lean towards making mystic a support class. Did you notice, unlike most classes, mystic has no skill that just does damage and nothing else of significance?(Not even the DoT is the same as the other DoTs in game) And no sure wtf-pwn skill. And to those of you thinking it, no not even AS falls into that category because you have to support AS a lot before casting it for it to be viable. And so you have various heals to keep yourself/people alive and lots of buffs/debuffs/cc for support. Support doesn't necessarily implicate other people though, you can "support" yourself and go for the kill yourself.
    What we need is a skill that give us chi like Inner Harmony.Also mystic's tidal is 20%,and should be increased up to 60%.Sure its nice that we can spam it but whats the point when it never works.When it does I literally go OMG IT WORKED!O.O!!

This made me giggle a bit f:sweat Chi gaining skills and a better tidal then sins have. I don't even need to explain why that's a silly idea.

Demon Verdant Shell is a very nice perk when it procs obviously but definitelly not something you can rely upon. If you want something reliable, sage's extra pdef is very nice, and thus we're back to recommending sage culti to you.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Because it's a support class duh. All mystic's skills lean towards making mystic a support class.

They are one of if not the best ranged mag 1-1 dd classes. I just ran a solo FFC with only self buffs tonight and was amazed how easy it was as mystic. Support class? - I often find myself wishing I'd soloed instead.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    I'd rather get chi from dd'ing than healing. I have no shortage of it from healing.

My 102 devil summon has 6951 HP
    103 Herc has 4720

TBH that's still easily killable in PvP with a stray AoE or a cough. Not that I'm complaining about it since there's usually enough time to get off one stun/leech it in tandem with your own cc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    They are one of if not the best ranged mag 1-1 dd classes. I just ran a solo FFC with only self buffs tonight and was amazed how easy it was as mystic. Support class? - I often find myself wishing I'd soloed instead.

Good luck out dding a psy who have an extra 25 atk lvls with a click. And of course soloing is easy on a mystic exactly because of it being support. A pure dd class would have trouble surviving or at the very least have a major charm waste.

I said it before I don't consider support as necessarily involving other players being with you.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Good luck out dding a psy who have an extra 25 atk lvls with a click. And of course soloing is easy on a mystic exactly because of it being support. A pure dd class would have trouble surviving or at the very least have a major charm waste.

I said it before I don't consider support as necessarily involving other players being with you.

All classes in this game are support, dd, and tank. Don't need to argue and debate over skills. Most if not all classes can augment their dd.
  • Eledelelele - Lost City
    Eledelelele - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »

wait you actually use Swinging Cloud Dance f:stare
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    wait you actually use Swinging Cloud Dance f:stare

A lot of clerics are hesitant to heal anything other than a barb on BH SoT or Aba. That 8% more HP helps and is capable of adding to a Barb's Armageddon. Sure it's got limited use, but it has use.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.