Got a 91+ LP Genie...

Zanryu - Dreamweaver
Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Blademaster
Should I make a Str or high Mag/Vit genie?

Thoughts? I've always wanted one and now that I finally have it I want to be absolutely sure I don't have to reset it at any point. I'm thinking high mag/vit, since a STR genie isn't gonna be nearly as important. Just curious about your thoughts fellow BMs.
Post edited by Zanryu - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My most recent genie:

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/dan_912/elementclient2013-05-1915-16-13-63.png

Works really well in group PvP. Str genies I think are better for 1v1s, you really don't need occult ice in mass PvP or a slow re-gen cloud eruption when you need chi for sustainability.

I can't really justify 8 skills on a STR genie anyways, you'll never need that many skills for a 1v1. You'll just swap out to what is needed at the time. 8 skills are justifiable in group PvP though.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    My most recent genie:

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/dan_912/elementclient2013-05-1915-16-13-63.png

Works really well in group PvP. Str genies I think are better for 1v1s, you really don't need occult ice in mass PvP or a slow re-gen cloud eruption when you need chi for sustainability.

I can't really justify 8 skills on a STR genie anyways, you'll never need that many skills for a 1v1. You'll just swap out to what is needed at the time. 8 skills are justifiable in group PvP though.

Yeah that's why I opted for a high mag/vit. This is what I've currently got, since as it stands I still need ToP for surviving. I may toss it for Mire later down the road, or maybe toss Heart of Steel for it.

I still need to get 12 WS medals for it so I can make +vit/mag gear and get 100 Magic and 88 Vit on it, until then I'll stay with my current genie. Looking forward to using it though.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dex.

Duuuu Eeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Yeah that's why I opted for a high mag/vit. This is what I've currently got, since as it stands I still need ToP for surviving. I may toss it for Mire later down the road, or maybe toss Heart of Steel for it.

I still need to get 12 WS medals for it so I can make +vit/mag gear and get 100 Magic and 88 Vit on it, until then I'll stay with my current genie. Looking forward to using it though.

Haha nice, I actually had ToP up until last week... I had been debating about keeping ToP or Tangling Mire and finally came to the conclusion I'd rather have the Tangling Mire because most of the time I die in a mass gank or purge before the 3 second delay ToP has before it even becomes useful.

Maybe I've been using the skill wrong, I've been using ToP after charm tick, but I've seen people using it before charm tick as well...

Either way... I didn't find the energy cost and delay in skill effectiveness appealing compared to it's energy cost lol.

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Haha nice, I actually had ToP up until last week... I had been debating about keeping ToP or Tangling Mire and finally came to the conclusion I'd rather have the Tangling Mire because most of the time I die in a mass gank or purge before the 3 second delay ToP has before it even becomes useful.

Maybe I've been using the skill wrong, I've been using ToP after charm tick, but I've seen people using it before charm tick as well...

Either way... I didn't find the energy cost and delay in skill effectiveness appealing compared to it's energy cost lol.

Yeah ToP has come in real handy for me, saved my skin a few times. Still though, at your level of gear it may not be needed since you can take a lot more abuse than I can.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Grats on genie an magic vit sounds real nice on it

I wished i rolled on one of you guys serer to get some more experience in Pk DW dnt have **** going on
    Bahamas represent
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Grats on genie an magic vit sounds real nice on it

I wished i rolled on one of you guys serer to get some more experience in Pk DW dnt have **** going on

Morai's been losing server activity. Makes me sad.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sanctuary is where the action is at b:pleased. Congrats on the genie b:victory.

High str high magic is what i have for my 84 genie. I use it for pve and pvp, poor bm here. 104 str, 60 or 80 mag (can't recall). I find that my magic is still too slow to be effective in pvp. I am squishy as well, so doesn't make a difference.
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Son of a gun... where/how u get that genie?? Mail it over to LC for me i'll pay u 1bil coins. As if....
    I see u got heart of Steel, how's that working for ya?

And ya, for mass pvp, TW, NW, vit/magic genie is the way to go.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Son of a gun... where/how u get that genie?? Mail it over to LC for me i'll pay u 1bil coins. As if....
    I see u got heart of Steel, how's that working for ya?

And ya, for mass pvp, TW, NW, vit/magic genie is the way to go.

It's working pretty well, I wish I could take it off for something more overall useful but it serves its purpose. It makes Seekers tankable where otherwise the metal attacks hurt. At +10 they can one shot me on a metal zerk crit with EP through marrow. I hate it, but it's nothing I can change without getting higher armor refines which I have yet to do. Luckily when I fight Seekers I can usually get my hands on some 50% Mdef charms, so I can handle it pretty well usually. Ion Spike has only ever not Zerk Crit me like.. four times out of the hundreds of time I've been hit with it. I think that skill has it out for me. b:chuckle

But yeah, I'm diggin' it so far, though I really wish I wasn't forced to use it and could switch to something else like Tangling Mire.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Interesting both of you have Spark on your genies. How well do it work for you and what combos do you typical use it in?

And TheDan, I've been considering pulling off ToP from my genie since its too slow. Really if I have 3-6 seconds for a heal my charm is just gonna tick anyways. Sometimes it even forces an early charm tick by raising my hp and puts me in danger because I have charm cd for 10 seconds. Been considering removing it since I rarely use it. any OhSht! moments I have go to either AD or apoth and ToP is just rarely used outside of pve for me.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Interesting both of you have Spark on your genies. How well do it work for you and what combos do you typical use it in?

And TheDan, I've been considering pulling off ToP from my genie since its too slow. Really if I have 3-6 seconds for a heal my charm is just gonna tick anyways. Sometimes it even forces an early charm tick by raising my hp and puts me in danger because I have charm cd for 10 seconds. Been considering removing it since I rarely use it. any OhSht! moments I have go to either AD or apoth and ToP is just rarely used outside of pve for me.

It's Soul of Fire, not spark, and aside from preventing a Wizard from facerolling with Spark+Undine fire combos it doesn't do much. I'm actually considering tossing it since it's a group genie and I'll probably have support with me to keep me from getting blasted by a fire combo anyway. It served pretty well in a 1v1 I had with a Wizard recently though since she couldn't just spam fire on me or use Spark without thinking, so I kinda wanna keep it as well... it does its job very well, which is save you from burning alive.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    It's Soul of Fire, not spark, and aside from preventing a Wizard from facerolling with Spark+Undine fire combos it doesn't do much. I'm actually considering tossing it since it's a group genie and I'll probably have support with me to keep me from getting blasted by a fire combo anyway. It served pretty well in a 1v1 I had with a Wizard recently though since she couldn't just spam fire on me or use Spark without thinking, so I kinda wanna keep it as well... it does its job very well, which is save you from burning alive.

Thanks, I feel like a nub since I saw it in LadyBlondeh's video just over a week ago and looked it up then. Already had forgotten, lol.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Superfeng - Lost City
    Superfeng - Lost City Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's working pretty well, I wish I could take it off for something more overall useful but it serves its purpose. It makes Seekers tankable where otherwise the metal attacks hurt. At +10 they can one shot me on a metal zerk crit with EP through marrow. I hate it, but it's nothing I can change without getting higher armor refines which I have yet to do. Luckily when I fight Seekers I can usually get my hands on some 50% Mdef charms, so I can handle it pretty well usually. Ion Spike has only ever not Zerk Crit me like.. four times out of the hundreds of time I've been hit with it. I think that skill has it out for me. b:chuckle

But yeah, I'm diggin' it so far, though I really wish I wasn't forced to use it and could switch to something else like Tangling Mire.

What's your gear like now? Still first cast or you got 3rd cast now?

Sorry, haven't been keeping up.
    Superfeng - Level 101 Lost City Blademaster, retired.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    What's your gear like now? Still first cast or you got 3rd cast now?

Sorry, haven't been keeping up.

This is my current gear.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013

Just curious, why do people go for that helm? As opposed to g15 HA helm.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

Because I got it for 35m when they were going for over double that, whereas a G15 HA Helm back then would have costed me soooooooo much more. Considering the cost of G15 Nirvana gear now I'm not exactly regretful, perhaps of the +10 refine, but not of the item itself. However, +10ing it was the best option at the time, just like getting Striking Dragons and putting Garnet Gems in them and +10ing them was the best option at the time, so really.. I guess I don't have any regrets afterall.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013

Back in the days when anni packs first came out that was an absolutely amazing helm, not matched for another 2 years by the nirvana helm. The G15 vana helm gives crit, mdef, and refines slightly better (+60 hp at +10, not a big deal) the Forest Helm gives +10 vit and +180 hp more. So overall the vana helm is slightly better, while the Forest helm is slightly more defensive. The +5 attack level bonus of G15 pants kind of pushes the balance in favor of G15 by quite a bit but for most people that wasn't worth making an entirely new helm and redoing all their refines and shards.

Striking Dragons and putting Garnet Gems in them and +10ing them was the best option at the time, so really...

When was this?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    When was this?

Way before G16 Nirvana/R9r3 came out. I had my SD+10 with Garnet Shards before the first six months of Lothranis were over with, I could probably dig through my screenshots to see the exact date but that's a crapton of digging. In any case, when I got them they were pretty much top of the line. No regrets.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    My bad, i forget that most of you have been playing this game for longer than i have b:sad. Make sense that way, that is why i guess i see old/odd builds still running around.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013

I thought about tossing it too, but there isn't any other skill to put on it other than ToP, and it's still better than ToP imo. ToP costs 115 energy and is delayed compared to a 79 SoF after 5 dex/str is calculated, and it's delayed 3 seconds before it even becomes useful so meh, basically costs more for less.

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Way before G16 Nirvana/R9r3 came out. I had my SD+10 with Garnet Shards before the first six months of Lothranis were over with, I could probably dig through my screenshots to see the exact date but that's a crapton of digging. In any case, when I got them they were pretty much top of the line. No regrets.

Was just teasing you since Deicides cost 20% of the amount and when refined have almost the exact same dd. At +10 the DD difference is almost nothing (like 1%, but at +11 Deicides win cause Sds refine like ****). Plus Deicides have Soul Infect and vit, making them overall a better choice, so SDs were never the best option. They were just the option for cash shopped people who didn't know any better and had a bunch of BL tokens laying around.

*plays "The More you Know" theme* bum bum bah bumm!
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Was just teasing you since Deicides cost 20% of the amount and when refined have almost the exact same dd. At +10 the DD difference is almost nothing (like 1%, but at +11 Deicides win cause Sds refine like ****). Plus Deicides have Soul Infect and vit, making them overall a better choice, so SDs were never the best option. They were just the option for cash shopped people who didn't know any better and had a bunch of BL tokens laying around.

*plays "The More you Know" theme* bum bum bah bumm!

I dig the look. I was never going to +11 my Deicide, SD's are auto two socket and auto bound. Not to mention Soul Infect doesn't work on Nirvana bosses, and a 10% or so HP debuff is only really worth much if it procs before the first spark ends. I found a lot of the time that by the time it proc'd I'd pretty much done the damage it would have had it gone off at the very start.

Plus, I got a pretty good deal on my red mat. I liked how they looked, never planned on going +11 or 12, and got an auto-bound auto two socket weapon that was pretty beast at that point in time. I think it was the right call. Auto bind is a big deal to me because I like my stuff to be bound so I don't drop it and don't need scrolls in PvP. Even if it is only saving me 500k or so.

b:cute
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Meh, gonna take back my previous statement partially. Didn't use Soul of Fire once in my last TW or NW... Not worth having it for a 60 second CD spark and sutra CD tbh. But Tree of Protection costs too much energy and the delay in cast is still really un-appealing.

Debating between Tree of Protection and Wind Shield now, but leaning towards Wind Shield because it has a 1 second cool-down and I can use it preemptively versus waiting for charm tick + 3 second wait and it being too late.

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Meh, gonna take back my previous statement partially. Didn't use Soul of Fire once in my last TW or NW... Not worth having it for a 60 second CD spark and sutra CD tbh. But Tree of Protection costs too much energy and the delay in cast is still really un-appealing.

Debating between Tree of Protection and Wind Shield now, but leaning towards Wind Shield because it has a 1 second cool-down and I can use it preemptively versus waiting for charm tick + 3 second wait and it being too late.

Yeah I've been thinking about Wind Shield as well, 15% reduction in damage is pretty useful and it's not as energy consuming as ToP. Not to mention somewhat spammable, could be a better option than a once every minute delayed heal.