Seekers Pulling

Demodude - Dreamweaver
Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Seeker
Seekers of PWI,
Why is it that so many of you that I have encountered refuse to do pulls of any kind? Is there something that I don't know about Seekers that makes them unable to pull? I am genuinely wondering why the BM with 6.5k hp buffed has to do the pulls instead of the Seekers with almost 10k hp buffed because they claim they "can't do pulls". Its always possible that the Seekers I find myself in squads with happen to be fail seekers who don't know their class, but I figured I'd at least check first before calling them out on it.
Sincerely,
A Confused BM
ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
Post edited by Demodude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    I would say the seekers you're running into are fail.

I've been doing big pulls for a while with My Seeker, and often have fun doing solo trains in FCC. At 97, with average TT90 Mountcrasher, and 10k hp buffed, I can pull almost as well with my Seeker as I can with my similarly-geared 92 barb that has 16.5k hp. (Sadly, that's better than most 100+ barbs these days.)

Hell, I've even done aura RB runs where I would do the pulls, then set up Vortex because we had no barb and the squad wasn't geared enough for spawn.

With our defense levels, a few apocs, and the right genie skills, Seekers can pull as well as barbs, and then AoE DD like mad when they're done.

Given their natural defense boosts, plus the extra hp, and added defense levels from skills, there's no reason the BM should be pulling instead of the Seeker.

Call them out and shame them for not knowing **** about how to play their own class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would say the seekers you're running into are fail.

I've been doing big pulls for a while with My Seeker, and often have fun doing solo trains in FCC. At 97, with average TT90 Mountcrasher, and 10k hp buffed, I can pull almost as well with my Seeker as I can with my similarly-geared 92 barb that has 16.5k hp. (Sadly, that's better than most 100+ barbs these days.)

Hell, I've even done aura RB runs where I would do the pulls, then set up Vortex because we had no barb and the squad wasn't geared enough for spawn.

With our defense levels, a few apocs, and the right genie skills, Seekers can pull as well as barbs, and then AoE DD like mad when they're done.

Given their natural defense boosts, plus the extra hp, and added defense levels from skills, there's no reason the BM should be pulling instead of the Seeker.

Call them out and shame them for not knowing **** about how to play their own class.

ok so I was right and its not just me not knowing something. thanks
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some people take 5 years and still don't learn how to play.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pulling is the easy job, 'catching' the mobs is something else. If the seeker is lagging a bit, a delay between clicking on vortex and the moment the vortex sets up can be enough for the mobs to **** him down.

There are many ways to avoid this (be in pk mode & holypath-vortex on npc, use immunity pots, AD, etc..) But the simplest is to have vortex already setup by luring 1 mob. The "puller" just have to gather mobs around the room and run straight into the vortex. Any class can do this 'pulling job'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kendaichi - Dreamweaver
    Kendaichi - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it is very possible to get interrupted while setting up vortex. (Even with blade affinity up if the skill isn't leveled up, it can so still very much get interrupted easily.)

Though the more defense you have/hp, the easier it is to 'recover' from a potential interruption of setting up vortex. NOTICE I said DEFENSE... hp alone wont keep you alive through all the attacks, every single time.

I am definitely not trying to say this is why they failed, but if their 'skill levels' suck or their actual skill of themselves sucks... they will struggle to pull and set up vortex. Ergo its often far easier to just let others pull, and set up votex right behind the puller. In other words vortex doesn't always get up without a hitch so to speak, especially during the pull to the 'dbz/slash' boss room in fc.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Must be talking about fail ff round ups
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seekers can pull its just easier if someone else does. If vortex doesn't get started in time the seeker dies or the cleric whose healing him dies and then everybody dies. If someone else pulls the chances of failure are so low its almost a guaranteed win.

Try and remember that the seekers genie is prolly going to be dead from using multiple Holy Paths by the end of the pull so its not realistic to say you can use a genie skill to protect yourself at the end of pulling/start of vortex juncture.

Seekers have such puny anti stuns that they will prolly have to use vac powder on a lot of pulls. So apo pots are now in cooldown and cannot help at juncture.

None of this means seekers can't pull. I've seen R9rrr seekers pretty much solo a full Lunar pull. And normally geared seekers can do normal sized pulls. But its just easier if someone else pulls.

Something about Lunar pulls I want to add, I once did it with an archer pulling. I started on a single mob and he used leaps and speed skills to round up more. The mobs were grouped so much more tightly then when a barb pulls or a seeker does his own pull. Nothing was out of vortex range it was so much easier. Would do it that way every time if I thought I could convince the squad to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^

A seeker's job in fc is easier when another person pulls; when I still did FCC I would have seeker set up vortex, and 2 people pull 2 halves of the room, and I would pull my half much faster than seeker can manage--holy path walk a bit holy path Alacrity into vortex
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it is very possible to get interrupted while setting up vortex. (Even with blade affinity up if the skill isn't leveled up, it can so still very much get interrupted easily.)
    that due to lag.

or

your just dealing with fast lvling noobs who never took the time to understand what genies, apoths are useful in keeping themselves alive the first crucial seconds of a laggy mob bum rush.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always pull in FCC, never been interrupted on vortex. The only scary part when pulling the big room is establishing aggro before getting to the other players. I have to stop, use about 2 AOEs and then make a break for it and Blade Affinity > Vortex.
  • byekunr
    byekunr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Pulling is the easy job, 'catching' the mobs is something else"

/\

This.

Pull is actually easy. I did with my seeker, I do now on my BM and I never had to use holy path, just go walking from the inside part of the mobs group, keep Unfetter/Cloud Sprint for the last 3 groups, BM running into Vortex and Seeker using BA+Vortex on the last group.

What I don't get is why most of seekers don't have Expel to do FF runs. b:shocked
    Even if you do a genie just to have it (Expel + TM). If you have BP you don't need BB/heals to catch or to do FFs pull.

OFC if the seeker has lag just ask to someone pull into vortex, is so much easy and safer, everyone will be inside bb, don't even need Expel for this. b:victory
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My seeker used to have a genie specifically for frost big room mobs. Lots of dex, expel, and cloud eruption.

What most people fail to realize is that you don't need any speed skills at all to pull the mobs in that room. They run slower than the natural speed of every class. If you don't have enough chi, use cloud eruption at the start of the pull (it will recharge enough to expel by the end of the pull). Run around the exterior of the room to pick up all those mobs. At the last exterior group, cut in toward the middle 2 groups. When you get close to the first interior group, unfetter and run to the last group, blade affinity and vortex. When the rest of the mobs get close, hit expel. Most, if not all, mobs will be dead before expel wears off.

I used the same strategy to solo pulls on my wizard starting in the mid 80's (instead of unfetter i would distance shrink into the last group to start dragon's breath). With practice, it becomes trivially easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What most people fail to realize is that you don't need any speed skills at all to pull the mobs in that room. They run slower than the natural speed of every class.

Most people are used to barbs grabbing the mobs at light speed. For me I feel like I'm slowing everyone down by just using my natural speed.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mmm I don't think you don't need HP if you are low geared; you still get hits.
    what I used to do is: start with 2 sparks, first group, HP, unfetter, (pot), HP and walk; then, HP to the last group while casting BA, pop uneven training or some other apo to reduce dmg and vortex it. you can also skip one HP and pop ToP.

of course, that's for soloing (with bp) the bigroom mobs which was possible from ~85 (way easier with tt90 pants/chest though)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Niobus - Archosaur
    Niobus - Archosaur Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me, I would say there are different situations:

scenario 1) Most mobs are melee/no seal/stun/freeze or such stuff -> seeker that can't pull them need to practice harder.. Thats really easy

scenario 2) mixed mobs melee and ranged but still no /seal/stunn/freeze. -> needs a bit training to set the vortex in a good position but is still no big deal

scenario 3) mobs that seal/stun/freeze -> either you have someone who catches them fast, have a antistun pot or forget it. I would never call a seeker fail, not even a RRR9 one who refuses to pull the whole metal path in Warsong.. Problem is most of the time you get seal there and a sealed seeker can't attack -> no BP effect -> no agro -> cleric can't heal -> they kill you. And for the BM that started it in the beginning: BMs have a reliable stun, which gives them the time a cleric needs to set up BB, so they get healing faster and avoid getting stunned to death much easier. So it's not always a thing of HP or def, but also of skills...

So, please, if you say that someone is fail, just because he refuses to pull think about what he is supposed to pull..
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just pull all to boss and kill all and then kill boss because I kill them so fast on my seeker that no time wasted on killing boss,prob before the second hand pops up.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.