It's getting better (:

Joe - Morai
Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
Is it just me or is PWI more enjoyable these days. Somehow it's going back to where it was at the beginning. So much fun in the last time and a CM and GMs that actually care...(cept for the EU ones xD)

I can just say thank you dear Val and the other GMs for doing great jobs and keeping us updated on any urgent matter (:

PWI is getting really much better these days. Somehow I wonder where PWIs charm is coming from. I tried any MMO out there (yes every single one!) and PWI is still the most enjoyable of all existing MMOs, don't ask me why.

PWI might not have the best combat system nor the best graphics. But somehow...well the Community isn't that bad either and the merge of the EU servers was a great decision.

So I guess I'll play this game for another year or 2 (:

TY
My Barb:
mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
Post edited by Joe - Morai on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWI is currently in a slump in terms of just nothing really to look forward to. Yes, there's new NW content and FB99 content coming, but still. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWI is currently in a slump in terms of just nothing really to look forward to. Yes, there's new NW content and FB99 content coming, but still. b:surrender

Yeah but it's still fun with what it has now alrdy xD and I'm sure there are some neat things about to come anytime soon
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah but it's still fun with what it has now alrdy xD and I'm sure there are some neat things about to come anytime soon

This. b:victory If you always wait for something better, you'll always be disappointed. Enjoy what you have, make friends, set goals, have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don`t know why but the title reminded me of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" "Bring out our dead sketch" b:chuckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don`t know why but the title reminded me of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" "Bring out our dead sketch" b:chuckle

Lmfao ikr
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A thread where there isn't any complaining about the current state of things...
    This cannot be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I agree, morai, descent, and sirens were all nice content updates. And I am looking forward to the new veno pet system, I might even dust off my veno depending on how it turns out. V4liance is a breath of fresh air, and the last big fix they offered for a huge bad change (nerfing below 81 dq prices) was actually a really good fix! Actually, I really liked how that whole thing was handled. And the increased communication when things do go wrong. The coin farming system has been more than adequate. In terms of management, the quality corner is pretty awesome too. I feel like this game is on a pretty nice track atm. Sure it has still has some major problems but still, overall I think the game has gotten better.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'd disagree about the DQ thing.. but i don't to turn this into a rant thread, let's just agree to disagree and have them put back DQ the way it was and crack down on bots. I do agree that the new team is well beyond what we have had for a while. Thanks to V4l and everyone for your efforts.
  • nixop
    nixop Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not a complaint but a cruel truth

this update came few years to late...already to many people quit due to being impossible to get end game gears and compete on high level with dedicated farmers or cash players

for me personaly nw update didnt bring much since i was one of those dedicated farmers
    got my third recast jaded in no time and got bored of how everything ingame got to easy
    even soloed harpy

i know there are people that liked this update and they deserved it.(because they could finally get end game gears without spending life time farming or paying thousands of dollars)

-removed-

also i wanna add V4l is doing a great job as CM...who know,if he was here in past instead of frankye some things might be diffrent (ofc in a good and better way)

it would be nice to see PWI coming up with some new instance or something on a daily base

i know people got tired of doing same things everyday for last 3years - thats why most of them just do daily BH and wait for weekend for TW and NW

also revamping instances wouldnt be so bad especially now people are getting better and better gears
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In my opinion PWI had always gone to the right way. And proof of that is, after 4 years, I am still interested about PWI b:victory I can't wait to see next expansion. Good work everyonef:flower
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it just me or is PWI more enjoyable these days. Somehow it's going back to where it was at the beginning. So much fun in the last time and a CM and GMs that actually care...(cept for the EU ones xD)

I can just say thank you dear Val and the other GMs for doing great jobs and keeping us updated on any urgent matter (:

PWI is getting really much better these days. Somehow I wonder where PWIs charm is coming from. I tried any MMO out there (yes every single one!) and PWI is still the most enjoyable of all existing MMOs, don't ask me why.

PWI might not have the best combat system nor the best graphics. But somehow...well the Community isn't that bad either and the merge of the EU servers was a great decision.

TY

I don't think were there yet, but I do agree the game has become more enjoyable lately.
    I also have tried lots of other mmos and even two recently and tbh I'll be logging into this game when I get home b:victory
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013

b:laugh

That was my first thought, as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tyrion - Morai
    Tyrion - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No! it is just bad and had become worse after every single update. So many reasons.. All that is left is just awful fail people..

enjoy playing, I won't.
    Hear me roar!
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2013

TY

I got the same feeling on this, the game is more enjoyable these days. The current CM/GM team is doing a good job. Critisizm will always remain, but they are doing good. I also like that the game is less centered around 1~2 specific classes. And I found the community ingame became better since that improovement. A lot of idiots seem to have quit/moved. There is way less "need X with Y gear for Z" and class/gear discrimination in general for some instance. Could be just a biaised feeling, but community seems better then before.
  • SobeSoul - Momaganon
    SobeSoul - Momaganon Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No! it is just bad and had become worse after every single update. So many reasons.. All that is left is just awful fail people..

enjoy playing, I won't.

Tyrion, I Didn't realize you quit in the last week?! If you don't play why are you still in a TW faction?

But I agree with opener, I do find myself enjoying PWI again. I'd say its cause of the merge of the EU servers, but I enjoyed it before then! Maybe it has to do with some old friends starting to play again and making new ones! f:grin
    Morai - SobeSoul 103 Cleric
    Morai - Talise 102 Veno
    Raging Tide - Sunkist 101 Wiz
    Raging Tide - SaltyFish 103 Sin
    Dreamweaver - SobeSoul 96 Veno

My Rainbow Chicken & I are Awesome!! f:hehe
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013

enjoy playing, I won't.

Who you're calling fail people when you don't even know half of the people in PWI.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited May 2013

enjoy playing, I won't.

Hey fool, who you callin' fail, fool? f:stare Oh by the way, bye. b:bye b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013

~
    Click ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game for me is just an exercise in waiting for new things to do, having done pretty much everything there is to do many times over.

Lately I've been trying other games, and they are fun for a few days but ultimately shallow compared to pwi in every way but novelty and in most cases graphics.

Currently I'm going through Neverwinter, and having a lot of fun, but I absolutely do NOT see a future for that game. Its pretty enough (your actual characters notwithstanding) and the voice acting is great, but its not an mmo.

Its a co-op single player game at best. As a CW I'm soloing everything, dungeons included, with my handy pet clerics and some patience.

My Rogue is fun but I'm having a hard time doing as well with it. According to the chatter, there is nothing to do at endgame, and if you happen to have rolled either of the fighter classes you WILL be auto-booted from every party because they are completely inferior classes.

So at best I'll be playing it for a week or 2.

Then I'll be back at pwi like I always am, because its ironically not perfect but its FAR better than many other games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Morai had a nice boom at the start, but server activity is already dwindling. If anything it's getting worse, not better. But hey, people do love their cows so don't get worried about the game dying.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The secret cow level in a certain game activated after you get a leg b:laugh. No clue why cows are so popular, but pwi is enjoyable, just that some days/weeks are worse than others. The day you get -intx3 on you dagger is awesome. Days when you spend 6k mirages to refine a weapon from +5 to +8 and end up at +2 is not so great.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is getting better? The only thing left here is to power level to 101+, get your G16 gear +12 with JOSD and those new attack level shards that there was a rumor coming, PVP, PK and that's it, but PVP is so easy and lame in this game, that even in that wonderfail (that my babysister had the game, leveled to like 13 or something then quit) had better PVP systems than PWI -_-". Yet that wonderfail is so boring, it seems as if I wanted to throw the computer out of the window if I even see that game again.

MMORPGs should have just stayed PVE only, because when it comes to PVP competition, you have QQers requesting for tweaking the toons because they suck and it makes PVE even easier, rinse and repeat until PVE dies, even then it gets tweaked some more. Why even bother playing when things get boring? Waste of time.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Chuck, the only person I see QQing right now is you. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ray - Morai
    Ray - Morai Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with sobe, the eu server got better after the merge in terms of community, mixed with correct content updates, but seriously... did you fire all german and french gms after the merge? cause I can't see any of them doing anything for weeks. The communication is not awful, just doesn't exist.

For me, the community and friends are a 90% and the content updates a 10% to keep me playing this.
    youtube.com/user/RayPWI/videos
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Chuck, the only person I see QQing right now is you. b:chuckle

What do you see me QQ about? How boring MMORPGs are? I'm sure that the community lacks common sense.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Tyrion - Morai
    Tyrion - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    community and friends 0%, the content updates 0%..deal with it!
    Hear me roar!
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    What do you see me QQ about? How boring MMORPGs are? I'm sure that the community lacks common sense.

If MMORPG's are so boring for you, then why are you still here? Obviously something keeps your attention, otherwise we wouldn't be holding this conversation right now. This forum is for players of the game to enjoy, so if your not a player of PW, please leave, don't come back, and stop flooding these forums with the QQ b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Idk about a "slump" but yeah it's on a rebound with NW, I think probably the biggest thing pwi needs to do is revamp trials, the faction base seems just to be used for apoth.
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is getting better? The only thing left here is to power level to 101+, get your G16 gear +12 with JOSD and those new attack level shards that there was a rumor coming, PVP, PK and that's it, but PVP is so easy and lame in this game, that even in that wonderfail (that my babysister had the game, leveled to like 13 or something then quit) had better PVP systems than PWI -_-". Yet that wonderfail is so boring, it seems as if I wanted to throw the computer out of the window if I even see that game again.

MMORPGs should have just stayed PVE only, because when it comes to PVP competition, you have QQers requesting for tweaking the toons because they suck and it makes PVE even easier, rinse and repeat until PVE dies, even then it gets tweaked some more. Why even bother playing when things get boring? Waste of time.

Read your quote up to "pvp is so easy" what class are you? Archer? Try doing pvp as a different class. Yeah I agree this game is more pvp now but honestly I look forward to things like NW/TW.